main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Rebellion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by -Jaina-, Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viceroy Rook

Viceroy Rook Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 1999
    IC as Zhan and Audri
    Rebel HQ

While Zhan and Audri argued, Taya and Koren entered. Zhan turned to nod a greeting, and behind his back, Audri made a twirling motion alongside her ear while pointing at Zhan and rolling her eyes.

Taya yawned.

"Sorry," she said, "didn't get to much sleep while on-route back here. Anyway, Its natural to feel a little aprehensive."

Zhan nodded while Koren took a seat. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Only problem is," Audri put in, "Zhan here is not only a natural pessimist; I'm also convinced that he's paranoid enough to have it diagnosed as a psychological disorder."

Zhan neglected to reply, focusing deliberately on the others. "Could anyone tell if the Commander was feeling any better?" he asked. "She seemed sorta down when we left Chandrila."

tag: anyone

2. KissSpooky

KissSpooky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: Hi everyone. I know it's been...well, about 14 pages since I last posted on here, and I really should appologize for disappearing like I did...life kind of got crazy back when I disappeared, and then I kind of lost inspiration for...well, most stuff...

Um, long story short(er), yesterday I was catching up on the recent posts of the people on my watched users lists, and noticed Jedi_padawan_leigh was still posting in this game, and shock of shocks, Koren was sill alive, and being developed really well, which is really touching (mostly 'cause leigh just generally kicks a$$ ;) )...

Anyway, what I'm trying (badly, admittedly) to get out is if you'll all let me come back after an eight month gap, I'd really like to rejoin this RP.

Hope you're all well,
    ~Alex

3. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC - ALEX!!! :) :D :)! I hope you didn't mind me taking the liberties I did with Koren [face_blush] I thought he was a cool character and didn't really wanna see him just disappear. Great to see you back around here.I think you just got to wait for Handmaiden_Yane (Who is -Jaina-) Why not PM her?

4. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: Aiyi! It's been too long!

KissSpooky, it completely slipped my mind that Koren was yours! I knew your name was familiar though. My apologies.

IC:

Selona turned around.

"Oh, hello, Jo-Ni. Return to duty, eh? I assume you have your release slip?"

5. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    "Yes, Ma'am." Jo-Ni commented. "Um, I'd like to have a little talk with you in private." she added.

OOC: I'm assuming we're not in private as I post this.
    I have no problems with you coming back after a long absence, KissSpooky.

6. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: Let's see if I remember how to do this? ;) Just kinda short and sweet...

IC: Koren was in his own little world, thinking how to get Taya away for a bit of a talk without seeming rude to Zhan and Audri Dispite giving off an air of nonchalance, it had been a while since he'd trusted people, and was a little unsure how to bring up talking about personal stuff. Looking away from Taya so as not to seem like he was staring, Koren focussed on Audri as she began to speak. "Only problem is," She was saying, "Zhan here is not only a natural pessimist; I'm also convinced that he's paranoid enough to have it diagnosed as a psychological disorder."

Koren smiled at this, saying quietly, "Well, we all need our little niches in the galaxy." He offered a devilish grin to hide his mood.

Zhan seemed to ignore this, obviously used to this. "Could anyone tell if the Commander was feeling any better? She seemed sorta down when we left Chandrila."

Koren thought about this for a few moments. Finally, he offered, "I don't know. Maybe because on our first mission as a squad, it didn't go as planned, even if that was just that we rescued 3 people instead of only one...though I'm not so sure about that. I dunno...did you see anything when you went back to cover the commander, Zhan?"

TAG: Rook, Leigh

7. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    "I don't know. Maybe because on our first mission as a squad, it didn't go as planned, even if that was just that we rescued 3 people instead of only one...though I'm not so sure about that. I dunno...did you see anything when you went back to cover the commander, Zhan?"

Taya listened as Koren spoke. She noticed he was a little unsure about what to say. But she understood why. In her opinion, Taya thought the commander would have been happy that they had managed to help more people out, but apparently this wasnt the case. She sat up slightly and looked at her squadmates

"Maybe she's just used to things being done the way they are meant to be done. She went to the Imperial academy before defection right? Apparently discipline and order is like second only to breathing when your there.

She paused

"And were more rag-tag than regimental"

She said quietly as she looked at Zhan, noticing she might have been going off track slightly

"Anyway, like Koren said, did you notice anything Zhan?"

Tag - Anyone

8. Viceroy Rook

Viceroy Rook Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 1999
    IC as Zhan and Audri
    Rebellion HQ

Koren and Taya asked Zhan if he'd seen anything when he'd gone back. He looked down and thought for a moment, wondering if it was his place to tell. He shrugged at length, and nodded.

"Commander Jakeen seemed to recognize the Imperial officer leading a squad of stormtroopers. She distracted him and we were able to kill them all--"

At this, Audri made a distasteful expression. "Try to say that without sounding so remorseless, will you?" she chided.

"Right," Zhan muttered. "You're right... in any case, she seemed a bit troubled after that. I stayed behind at the debriefing before we left Chandrilan space to apologize for disobeying orders, and she ended up apologizing to me instead. She mentioned the man--Hinlin, I think his name was--but I didn't want to pry." He was quiet for a moment. "I guess that could be it, but I just had her figured for a tougher person than that."

"We all have soft spots," Audri reminded him. Zhan just nodded.

"So... if there's still time for a sim, would anyone care to join me?" he asked.

9. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    IC: "Maybe she's just used to things being done the way they are meant to be done. She went to the Imperial academy before defection right? Apparently discipline and order is like second only to breathing when your there." Koren watched intently as Taya spoke. She paused for a moment before continuing, "And were more rag-tag than regimental"

Koren thought about this, but wasn't so sure. He was going to comment, but Taya seconded his own question to Zhan. He seemed to consider this deeply for a moment before answering, "Commander Jakeen seemed to recognize the Imperial officer leading a squad of stormtroopers. She distracted him and we were able to kill them all--"

Koren was a little surprised at the bluntness of the older man's statement, used to Zhan saying as little as possible so far. It seemed Audri was a bit surprised as well, or at least disgusted. Koren smirked a little as she chided him.

"In any case," he continued, "She seemed a bit troubled after that. I stayed behind at the debriefing before we left Chandrilan space to apologize for disobeying orders, and she ended up apologizing to me instead. She mentioned the man--Hinlin, I think his name was--but I didn't want to pry." Zhan paused for a second. "I guess that could be it, but I just had her figured for a tougher person than that."

"We all have soft spots," Audri reminded him, to which Zhan just nodded.

Koren thought about that, and whispered to himself, "Yeah...soft spots, limits...nightmares."

Seemingly sensing a need for a general change of mood, Zhan asked, "So...if there's still time for a sim, would anyone care to join me?"

Snapping out of his memories, Koren had to admit he was tempted. He was itching to get back in a cockpit again, even a simulated one, but he didn't think he could fly straight at the moment. Putting his slightly foolish smirk back on, he stretched and looked around the common room. "That's probably a good idea Zhan, but before anything, I'm gonna find something edible. I don't know about you all, but I'm starving." Glacing quickly at Taya and trying to sound casual (and in his mind, failing miserably), he continued, "What about it Taya, nothing like a good meal to beat sleepy eyelids (huttspit, he thought to himself, could you sound any more lame Verce?). Maybe we could meet up with you and Audri in like half an hour, Zhan?"

Tag: Leigh, Rook

10. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Zhan had asked the group whether any of them would like to join him in a sim

"That's probably a good idea Zhan, but before anything, I'm gonna find something edible. I don't know about you all, but I'm starving...What about it Taya, nothing like a good meal to beat sleepy eyelids Maybe we could meet up with you and Audri in like half an hour, Zhan?"

Taya smiled and nodded to Koren about his suggestion and stood up from her chair

"Sounds good to me"

Tag - Anyone

11. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: well, since I'm waiting for our fearless leader to respond to my last post, and haven't seen any action, I think I'll just drop out of this RP. Yane', if you decide to post, send me a PM and I'll resume posting here, but I don't have time to look to see if there's anything for me to respond to. Sorry.

12. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC:

*trots back in*

I'm back! I'll start posting soon as I lasso everyone back.

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: Welcome back.

::dusts off Ben's character::

Okay...he's ready to get back into the thick of things.

14. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: I've PM'ed everyone and I'm sitting here pretty for yall to come back.

Hey BSSL!

We'll be starting with a sim and then journey to some planet and fight again. Howzat?

15. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: Fine with me. Ben says he's cool with that as well.

16. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    OOC: What about that little talk Jo-Ni wants to have with the Commander? Shouldn't we take care of that, if this thing is going to be revived?

17. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC: Mesa Back! C'mon Yane!!! :D

18. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    *sigh* Someone PM me when something actually happens in regards to my characters, please. Then I will post something more. Until then, consider me out. I'll post again if something IC happens.

19. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: Geez...not doing a very good job with my return. A couple posts, and I disappear again. Sorry everyone. Oh, slight control of Taya is taken here, but only slightly. Anyway...

IC: The silence between them could have been cut with a vibroblade as Koren & Taya walked over to on of the food processors. Grabbing a couple trays, Koren handed one to Taya and started taking various food items, almost randomly as his mind screamed at him. Say something, say something you fool! You're going to make her feel uncomfortable! Say something, say something, say something...

"...say something," Koren mumbled quietly, before realizing he hadn't been paying enough attention to his thoughts to know to keep them in his head. His eyes went wide with embarassment as Taya gave him a perplexed look and hesitantly asked, "Pardon?"

"Sorry, just mumbling to myself. I'm nutty like that. You know me the the food they have around these places." Koren said with a grin, desparately trying to backpedal as he took a seat at a nearby table. Taya seemed a little suspicious of his response, but took it with a grin and said nothing as she sat down with her own tray.

They sat in silence munching on their food for another couple moments, Koren's brain practically screaming at him. Can't even say anything to her. Imagine what Jaee-Li would say to that, she'd be laughing her head off at you.

Remembering his old friend, he let out a little laugh, which Taya caught and smiled at with a look that seemed to light up the dank room. "What?"

Looking into her clear blue eyes, Koren smiled as well, saying quietly, "Oh, just thinking about my old friend Jaee-Li. She's probably the reason I got into half the trouble I did when I was a kid." Of course, saying those simple words brought up other memories for the pilot, and his dream from the night before. Dropping his head so his bang fell in front of his eyes, Koren whispered, "You...you ever wonder what your life would be like if certain things never happened? C-certain choices had been different?" He could feel a lump in his throat forming, but he didn't care anymore...

TAG: Leigh

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    OOC - Hey Alex, you can use Taya whenever you need to. After all I used Koren for how long??? hehehe ;). Great post by the way...

IC

"You...you ever wonder what your life would be like if certain things never happened? C-certain choices had been different?"

Taya could see that Koren was upset about something, but she decided to answer the question first. He probably didn't want her to pry. She sighed and pushed her tray to one side

"Honestly? Yeah, I do think about it occasionally. I often wonder what it would be like if the Empire hadnt formed, If the Corellian Diktat ever cared more about the people of the planet than about profits, heck, even what I would have amounted to if I had taken things like studying seriously as I was growing up. I used to hate school"

A small smile crept to the edges of her mouth as she remembered a brief memory, but it faded as she turned back to the question

"As for the choices I've made. I don't really regret a lot of them. For example, being here, now"

She looked him in the face, his eyes still shadowed by his hair. She unconciously moved a bit closer to him.

"Because One, I'd rather die doing what is right than serve under the emporer. And Two, If I hadnt chose to join the alliance, I never would have met you"

Taya suddenly realised what she had said in her last sentence, She felt herself blushing slightly but regained her composure as she looked at him again

"So... now weve got that out of the way. You care to tell me whats been bothering you?"

Tag - KissSpooky

21. KissSpooky

Jun 2, 2002
    OOC: Thanks for the compliment about the post...only took me about a month of half starting posts and deleting them to find the tone I wanted. ;) Anyway, this is going to be my epic post for the time being...I have to work 10 to 8 today, and this is a good way of killing time. *grins*

IC: As soon as he got his words out, part of Koren wanted to be able to take them back. He had no right leading Taya in the direction of a discussion about his problems. Taya seemed unsure how to process this mood switch, but to her credit just pushed aside her tray with a sigh and looked at him with those guileless eyes.

"Honestly? Yeah, I do think about it occasionally. I often wonder what it would be like if the Empire hadnt formed, If the Corellian Diktat ever cared more about the people of the planet than about profits, heck, even what I would have amounted to if I had taken things like studying seriously as I was growing up. I used to hate school" Koren noted a small smile tug at the corners of her mouth for a moment before she continued. "As for the choices I've made. I don't really regret a lot of them. For example, being here, now"

Koren thought he caught something in the tone of her voice after that, but chose to take it as a straight answer, he made a sound somewhere between a sigh and a sniffle and averted his eyes. Whispering softly, "Y'know, sometimes I question 'why?'. I mean, here our life expectancy drops to negligable...we are going to watch friends die, possibly soon. Why do it?"

Turning back to Taya, she still looked him in the face, seemingly right into his eyes, right into his soul, dispite his hair hiding his face. She unconciously moved a bit closer to him.

"Because One, I'd rather die doing what is right than serve under the emporer. And Two, If I hadnt chose to join the alliance, I never would have met you"

Koren's eyes opened a little wider as Taya seemed to suddenly realise what she had said. He saw her cheeks redden slighty, and unconciously reached out to take her hand. She seemed to jump a little when they touched (she can probably feel your hands shaking you moron), but Koren wasn't sure if it was a good jump or a bad one so he let go.

Taya looked at Koren and finally cut through his diversions. "So... now weve got that out of the way. You care to tell me whats been bothering you?"

Even in his current mood Koren had to smile at that. "Probably about time, isn't it? Procrastination and I are very old friends," he said, holding his smile even though he knew he sounded a little hoarse. Running a hand through his hair and pushing his bangs behind his ears, Koren looked at her with a face of complete honesty, expressing every hurt and pain he'd experienced in life, but still, a glimmer of hope for the future, weak as it may have been.

Taking a deep breath, Koren said, "I just can't seem to let go of the past lately. I didn't sleep a wink last night...or really any night the past week. I keep having these nightmares. There's only so long you can hold things in, and set your face into a grin."

Nudging the food on his tray with a utensil, the young pilot shook his head and sighed. "I think about Jaee-Li, and my other friend Torus. We three had a reputation as troublemakers before we were 12. We probably only got away with as much as we did 'cause we won all the local swoop races. People love winners...even if I did most of the work. You'd think those 2 would have learned at least a couple things about the upkeep of their bikes. Oh well, I didn't really mind too much," He laughed at this, but his eyes took on a hollow, haunted look as he continued, "I think about the look on Jaee-Li's face...when they shot her. T-the look of utter shock and fear. We didn't think we were...I mean, we never did anything that bad. They didn't have to...she shouldn't have died over it..."

Koren's words died in a whisper and he seemed very far away for a moment, like he was back then, watching the imperial officer fire another shot into Jaee-

22. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Taya noticed Koren move a little closer to her and her breath hitched a little as she took in what Koren had told her. He had suffered so much torment, and at only 15 years old too. A flicker of anger seemed to show in her eyes for a moment but she pushed it away as she reached out with her left hand, placed it over his right and gave it a supportive squeeze

"Koren...I know its hard and its going to get harder. You know that, I know that, everyone here knows that, or will know it eventually. But I bet... If Jaee-Li was here now, she wouldnt want you to dwell on the past, or be trapped with these feelings"

She paused to let Koren take in what she had said

"And I bet, that if Jaee-Li knew you were fighting to try and overthrow her killers, and Torus, wherever he is, knew of the lengths you have went to, to do this...They would support you and encourage you to keep going"

She then released his hand and pulled him into a gentle hug

"So are you going to be OK?"

Tag: KissSpooky

OOC: I know its short but how do you follow an epic post like that? hehe :)

23. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Ok...I was thinkin the other night, would it be OK if I could develop an imperial character? I'll put up a character sheet but if its not wanted you can ignore it. Might give someone for Sayce and Ben to interact with :)

Name: Lanna Haun
    Species: Human
    Height: 5ft 7in
    Weight: 145
    Body type (Slender, big, skinny, fat, etc?): Slender with some muscle
    Hair Color and Length: Shoulder length, Black with a blueish hue depending on the light
    Eye Color: Grey

Appearance of Face (Eye, lip, nose, and face shapes): Large penetrating eyes, small nose, full lips, heart shaped face. Beauty mark on right cheek
    Any scars or birthmarks: None
    Overall Appearance: Lannas appearance often hides her true nature. She lethal and when she wants something, she'll stop at nothing to achieve it
    Personality: Cold, Persuasive

Faction: Imperial
    Ship: Imperial shuttle

Bio: A true follower of the empire, Lanna is one of the higher ups in the Empires Intelligence unit. She helps to train imperial spies and keeps tabs on them when out undercover within enemy terratories

24. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I appreciate all the loyalty, but I think I'm going to kill this thread.

RIP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.