main
side
curve

Thriller The Reckoning

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by HanSolo29 , May 25, 2018.

1. MandoA101

MandoA101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2016
    IC: Jason

"We are going back up?" Bhandari asked, looking puzzled. Jason looked at him. "Why, do you want to go back down, where mob is? That can be arranged." Looking at the Doctor's face, he immediately knew he misspoke. He turned back around and muttered a half meant sorry under his breath. But more importantly, they had reached the floor where Bhandari's suite was located, and he needed to secure the Doctor.

Jason peered out into the hallway. On the far end, there was a cleaning maid, the only one in the hallway. She rolled her creaking cart down the hall, the contents in the cart rattling annoyingly. Jason sighed in relief. A cleaning lady was better than a psycho tree-hugger. Even still, his guard was up. He stepped into the hallway slowly, and checked each side before gesturing for the Doctor to follow. The rolling cart noise vanished, and rapid footsteps followed, muffled on the elaborately carpeted floor.

Two men, in matching black suits, rapidly approached them. Jason felt his internal early warning system light up. Something was not right about these guys... And he saw what when they drew pistols fro m inside their jackets and started firing down the hallway indiscriminately at Jason and the his client. "Dr. Bhandari! Get down!" He pulled the Doctor back into the elevator, pulling out his own pistol. He stuck his arm out of the cabin and started firing in the general direction of the other men.

He then stole a look at the elevator control. Any floor but this one and the lobby, He thought. Maybe the next one up? Jason was not a particularly a superstitious guy, but as he mashed the button to go up to the next floor, he found himself thinking, Third time's the charm.

Tag: @HanSolo29

HanSolo29 likes this.
  2. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang
    Car to TARC Center ... or not

An attack. TARC was under a coordinated attack. The armor saved them and revealed these attackers knew he location, but not her equipment. She would process this information later.

For now she remembered her former lover and what Adrian had told her about cars. They were a death trap, if they were not driving. Even armored cars. Loading her gun threw she kicked open the door opposite to the firing car and rolled out.

Staying on the ground she did not feel the pain of the cold asphalt she had just hit. Adrenaline did that to you. No, she was clear. She never liked combat, she never enjoyed it. Nevertheless by now she was no stranger to killing. Aiming through the space beneath the car she waited for the attackers to get out and aimed.

The second she saw a foot she would shoot the ankle and wait for the man to collapse. Then the double tab. Adrian had burned this into her brain. The head or a double tap. Bang bang. Bang bang. Always shoot twice.

Holding her breath she prepared. The idea of taking a live gave her this strange and familiar feeling of joy again. The power was still intoxicating, but the possibility to die herself left it with a bitter taste.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Kawin Muthurangu
    Getting the conversation goin. . .derailed.

He smiled at her response. In some ways it was a pattern of grief.

"You mean ... what you are talking about ... I mean ..." Laura stuttered through her minds attempt to realize what was going on. "Superpowers? Are you saying I have superpowers?" Now she laughed. "Seriously?"

Denial, step one. Touch of anger at the end. He sat there and slowly picked up the coffee mug and took a sip. Not half bad. Carefully he set it back down and waited. She was obviously thinking it through. Fighting her old reality and the possibility of the new one. It made him so happy to see that. It was a choice and a thought process he had never been allowed to have. To experience.

"I am nothing special, I am just a ... girl." She said.

"And I was just a man answering phones." he lifted and tapped his cane. He needed a comparison that might reach her, "Being gifted merely makes a lot of things possible. It's like being born. . .beautiful or ugly. We don't choose it, we just get to choose what we do with it." and then as if a cue, gun fire sounded. The familiar pops turning his head as he struggled to stand up.

"Get behind me! Keep a hand on my back." he shouted as he began shuffle stepping to the door. Crap. Of all the days not to use his polio arm braces! Vanity always had a price to pay and today that price of speed was going to be painful. "Remember my trick? Stay behind me." By the time he opened the door he already knew it would either be all over, or the start of another crazy ride.

TAG: @RachelTyrell , @SirakRomar , @HanSolo29

HanSolo29 likes this.
  4. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Matt Andrews
    Oval Office

He raised his eyebrows in a gesture of innocence as Gates accused him and followed him to the Oval Office. The reference to the Antville incident made him shiver though. Nobody had forgotten.

"Mr. President, neither was I. Circumstances made this meeting necessary." He shook the President's hand and turned to Cale. "You know Professor Cale, from TARC." That was all of an introduction he gave him, before folding his hands and looking at the current President of the United States Joel Harris. "We have a life sign of LEGO and an attack in Berlin, Germany. Possible involvement of a Gifted. The timing of the LEGO artwork and the attack as well as the content of the art imply a possible connection." He took the print out of the LEGO from his jacket and handed it to the President.

The Oval Office.

He had spend so many nights there once. Sitting with Kurt, a better President than this man in every thinkable way. Smarter, more independent and yet ... with better Advisors. He remembered the night LEGO had visited them. It had been the last time he had been there. The man had left the security behind as if it wasn't there. The thought made him feel uneasy. He half expected the man to appear any second out of nowhere.

"I have prepared a Team to look into this, but I thought you might want to know right away, considering the man's uneasy relationship to ... President's of the United States." He sighed. "But one way or another ... he is back."

Tag: @HanSolo29, @TheSithGirly

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    HanSolo29 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  5. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 1

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott
    At home

The man was serious. He really believed she had some kind of power. He explained the consequences, presented the choice ... Anna felt her head spinning.

"We don't choose it." That sentence of Kawin stayed with her. No, she had not chosen anything.

Then there were shots. Even she knew a shot when she heard them.

Kawin struggled to get to his feet. She didn't. She jumped up and stared at the front door.

"Get behind me! Keep a hand onmy back." Kawin shouted as he began shuffle stepping to the door. Not knowing what else to do, she did as she was told. Her hand was trembling as she touched the man's back. "Remember my trick? Stay behind me." They made it to the door and in a death defying way he opened it. She guessed if he got shot time would simply reverse. Just as it did last time. Could he not be killed?

Deep down inside Anna felt in this moment - through all her fear and shock and uncertainty - her life was over. It had changed forever and whatever was out there, it would not go away. It would be the beginning of their new life. This made her only more afraid. "Please." She mumbled this more to whatever God was out there then to Kawin.

Tag: @SirakRomar, @Mitth_Fisto, @HanSolo29

Mitth_Fisto and HanSolo29 like this.
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Black Rock Desert, near Empire, Nevada

“Jane,” Malcolm repeated almost as if he had just heard something exotic. He seemed to relish in the way that it rolled off his tongue before his smile broadened. It was even more unnerving this time around. “The pleasure is all mine,” he continued as he pumped her hand in greeting, his grip firm and confident.

On the ground, Davis twitched nervously at the exchange, clearly out of his element in this man’s presence; he was scared. “Please, Malcolm…” he stammered, his lazy drawl now gone. He couldn’t finish the sentence and only shook his head.

“Please, what?”

Davis swallowed hard. “I know what this is, and...well, I’ll do better next time.” He winced and forced himself to look up and meet Malcolm’s gaze. “I deserve another chance.”

Malcolm stood with his hands resting casually on his hips, studying the man with mild amusement. Again, that dangerous glint reflected in his eye as he crossed over to stand on Jane’s opposite side. He was mere inches from her ear when he spoke, his voice a cold whisper.

“What do you think, Jane?” he said seductively. “Do you think a man like this deserves a second chance?” He tilted his head to the side, watching her reaction very closely. “He is the scum of the earth, is he not?”

A strained chuckle escaped the back of his throat and he waved his hand, inviting her forward. “The decision is yours, my dear...his fate is in your hands.”

He stepped back then, now moving to stand behind the silent Hyde. There was no doubt what Malcolm wanted her to do. After all, Jane was a killer.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Oval Office, the White House, Washington, D.C.

The President didn’t seem all too surprised to hear about the attack in Berlin – most likely, someone had already filled him in on that – but his face turned pale and he slumped back down into his chair when Matt brought up LEGO’s involvement.

Cale, who was still standing silently beside Matt, couldn’t help but smile at this reaction. He instinctively lifted his hand to his mouth in an attempt to hide it. He clearly didn’t have a very high opinion of the man either.

After a prolonged silence, the President cleared his throat and leaned forward to accept the printout from Matt’s grip. “Are you sure about this?” He shook his head distractedly as he studied the image. “From what I was told, the attack was an act of terrorism, possibly linked to ISIS or one of the other Islamic groups.”

Before Matt had a chance to respond, Gates stepped in to have his say, now standing next to the President and leaning with both hands on the desk to get a good look at the printout. “Sir,” he began matter-of-factly, “We have eyes all over Europe and Sebastian Klein never once showed up on any surveillance reports...not since the incident in Alaska. Why reveal himself now? And why Mansfield? I trust our own intelligence guys over TARC. As you know, they’ve been having plenty of growing pains over there...but Mr. Andrews insisted. I had to look into it as a courtesy.”

The Professor resented that remark and began to open his mouth to object, but one look from Gates’ steely gaze stopped him.

Gates then turned his glare to the Vice President before standing up to his full height and coming out from behind the desk. Clearly, he still suspected Matt of foul play. “And Mr. Vice President, do you really plan to send a team to Europe on this theory?” He scoffed and shook his head. “Don’t you think that’s a little premature? We can’t afford to cause an international incident over this, not now…they are essentially in the Dark Ages regarding this phenomenon. You can’t just start sniffing around over there and not expect it to come back and blow up in our faces.”

In the midst of all of this, the President sighed and placed the printout down on the desk. Benjamin Gates was in control at this point, and he seemed content to leave it at that for the time being. And so, he remained silent and allowed his watchdog to carry on.

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

Streets, Washington D.C.

After another barrage of bullets, the onslaught ceased, leaving only chaos in its wake as people shouted in their haste to retreat from the area and car horns continued to blare with impatience. In the distance, police sirens began to wail.

For Maria, smoke and debris now marred her vision in the aftermath, but she still had a clear line of sight to her assailants from her position beneath the car. It also became apparent that she was now alone in this. In the onset of the attack, Jacob had become an early casualty. He was now slumped against the steering wheel, lifeless.

After what felt like an excruciatingly long wait, Maria finally got what she wanted – the door to the black Suburban swung open and a pair of feet stepped out onto the asphalt. They were soon followed by two more pairs as they hurriedly spread out to check either side of the car. The first pair remained in place, stepping forward to check the car’s interior for survivors.

The bullets Maria shot hit both ankles and as predicted the man collapsed. The double tap made his body spasm. They did not kill him instantly, but he remained moaning on the ground, unable to fight. The second man was not visible though from below the car. He was probably now warned. Her only advantage was he had little time, as the sirens were growing louder as the police rushed to the scene.

TAG: @TheSithGirly

Outside the Talbott House, Alexandria, Virginia

Two shots rang out, two men went down. They didn’t even have a chance to fire their own weapons.

The man on the right, the one who had spoken, took a perfect shot to the head and collapsed to the ground in a heap. His partner had a bit more luck; he took a bullet to the left clavicle, but he was still alive. He was squirming on the ground now, reaching precariously for the pistol that had clattered to the pavement a few feet away.

Chaz never allowed him the opportunity. As soon as Laura got off her two shots, the former policeman stepped in to secure the attacker. But Laura's gun was already unloading into his spawning body. Once she was done he lay still.

A second passed and when no other attacker revealed himself Chaz turned to Laura. "Orders?"

TAG: @SirakRomar ; @Mitth_Fisto ; @RachelTyrell

Four Seasons Hotel, Los Angeles, California

Dr. Bhandari did not need Clark to tell him twice. Even before the first shots rang out, he was backpedaling for the relative safety of the elevator, his hands over his head as he crouched down in the far corner away from the opening.

Several shots ricocheted off the frame above their heads and to their immediate right, but the doors soon closed and they were ascending to the next floor. Silence returned as they left their assailants behind, giving them both a moment to compose themselves.

The professor looked up at Clark, his eyes wide with fear. “Who...who were they?” he asked with mild curiosity. “They are not with the activists...I can tell you that much.” He forced himself to smile and shook his head.

When the doors parted for the third time, silence continued to reign. The only sounds came from the floor below as hotel patrons and employees reacted to the chaos. Despite the expensive price tag, the walls were not as sound proof as management would have liked you to believe.

Regardless of the short reprieve, they would need to move quickly; it would only take a few minutes for their attackers to reach their floor and set up an ambush.

TAG: @MandoA101

7. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Mira Morton-Kai
    Black Star nightclub, Las Vegas

Mira anxiously wiped her nose with her hand, staring down the unwelcome stranger – which really wasn’t actually “down”. Her petite frame was raised a few inches by her platform heels, but even then she felt tiny next to him. It was odd and made her feel off-center… or perhaps that sensation was brought on by exhaustion and withdrawal. She knew both of those symptoms well enough.

"You must be mistaken," the man led off in a regally accented voice, plastering a forced-looking grin upon his mouth. Between his attire and the manner in which he smoked his cigarette, to Mira, he oozed ‘cool’ and a certain level of refined behavior. There was a note of arrogance there, too, and had she not been in the state she was she may have found him kind of interesting. Fascinating even, but right now all she wanted him to do was leave. “I am afraid there is a big blinking sign out there claiming this ... Club ... is still open.”

She stomped a heel in childish frustration, hissing through her teeth. “****ing hell, Rhonda,” she shouted over her shoulder at her fellow waitress, the woman still gawking from behind the bar and rubbing at the same spot with her dirty rag. If she left her there all night, Mira was certain she would wear an actual hole straight through the granite. “You can’t lock doors or turn off a sign, either?!” She intended to say more, but the man continued to speak to which she rolled her eyes and returned her strained attentions back his way.

"But I would not keep two ladies from ending what was certainly an exquisite shift in this fine establishment. Give me what I want and I shall be on my way." He stood abruptly, and passed her by as if she had not even been there to begin with. Again… she felt small.

“Look… erm, sir?” she stammered, confused and a bit put off, moving after him while trying to stand taller somehow. “We don’t have anyth-“

"Coffee. Black.” he requested unexpectedly as he reached the bar. Mira wanted to clock him right across the jaw.

“Dude. Coffee? No.”

“Please,” he added as he faced her again.

“We. Are. Closed,” she growled, her thoughts straying to Ava Jean as she glared at the man keeping her from her daughter. She pictured the raven-haired child waiting for her mother to walk through the door, breakfast waiting for them both, a frown upon the girl’s face or perhaps tears streaming down her cheeks to land in her little bowl of cereal. Her stomach turned over at the thought of letting her down, she had failed her too many times already…

“Whatever you want, it isn’t here. And if it’s just coffee you’re looking for? There’s a 24-hour diner just down the street that serves the best in town,” she asserted while pointing towards the door, though it was a lie. The particular establishment she referred to served coffee that resembled black sludge and tasted exactly as she’d imagine black sludge would taste.

Mira crossed her arms over her chest and stood her ground, albeit unsteadily. She suddenly wished she had been carrying her pistol in that moment and hadn’t left it stashed in her bag beneath the register. She again reminded herself that Damian was just in the back but she was still increasingly nervous, certain this man was no associate of his. He would’ve asked for her husband by name at this point but he had not. So, there was the very real chance this was a rival, a thief, or something much more sinister… though she didn’t once consider him to be a cop. No, cops were fond of making a show of things; ransacking, yelling, threatening. This was too… discreet.

“Leave, or you will be removed,” was all she could say by way of warning, her voice not carrying as much weight as she had hoped it would.

TAG: @DarkLordoftheFins

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    HanSolo29 likes this.
  8. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Matt Andrews
    Office in the The White House, Washington D.C. and beyond ...

Their guys better than his. Them not having seen a man who can move outside time. It was all crude nonsense. Matt though felt it was not a fight worth fighting. If he was honest the fate of this man was not his prime concern. He was an incompetent President, but he was the President. If he wanted to risk his life, he should handle the fallout himself.

Matt listened to Gates and then politely smiled. "You lied." He then simply said to Gates and his thin lipped smile stayed in his face. Gates was falling for the same trick twice today. "I did not insist, I asked you to give the President a message. Remember? You said he is busy and I said you should give him a message. Now we both wasted the time of the President of the United States." Matt shrugged. "I apologize."

He stepped one step back and nodded to Cale to leave.

"Then I leave this to you. Just wanted to let you know." He nodded to the President and no matter how much the President listened to Gates, self-preservation was difficult to by-pass. He knew this and for the second time today he turned to leave. In leaving he turned to the Secret Service Agent. "Please make a Note in the daily report about time and place I informed the President of the danger for his life through an individual called Sebastian Stein and/or an unknown individual of equal abilities." He turned to the President. "Anything else, Sir?"

He allowed them to understand the situation. They were both rather new to this and they would probably have not played out the scenarios yet. If LEGO wanted to kill the President, Matt Andrews would probably succeed him pretty soon. Matt was as good as President, if LEGO was not stopped. The President was as good as dead.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  9. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane

The way he said her name was a little off putting. It was as if it was the first time he'd heard the name. She'd chosen this name because of it's commonality, it was used for women that couldn't be identified, that had no name. Yet here he was saying like it was the most unique word he'd heard all day. His smile broadened into an almost unnatural smirk. She began to wonder if he was always this way or if the powers brought this out of him? LEGO was just a rabble rouser before the Crossing, now he was on a lot of lists, including hers. As soon as she thought it, the moment was gone as the Letch spoke up.

"Please, Malcolm…" He stammered, his easy going drawl completely missing from his voice.

"Please, what?" Malcolm retorted almost as a threat.

"I know what this is, and...well, I’ll do better next time." A slight nod came to Jane's head. This was not just a 'disciplinary meeting' this was a sentencing. He'd already been proven guilty, now he was begging clemency from the judge. "I deserve another chance."

Jane's gaze drifted back to Malcolm awaiting his judgment. She could see the deadly glint in his eyes, she knew what was coming. That was until he leaned close to her whispering into her ear.

"What do you think, Jane?" He started voice cold though with a hint of amusement in his tone. "Do you think a man like this deserves a second chance?" His gaze was full upon her now, not as greasy as Davis's still a little unnerving. "He is the scum of the earth, is he not?" using terms like that, it was almost too easy to read his intention. He cared not for this man, this scum as he called him. They were expendable to him. The chuckle that slithered out of his mouth only confirmed it.

"The decision is yours, my dear...his fate is in your hands." He extened his hand inviting forward to the kneeling man face pale eyes wide with fear. As he stepped away Jane drew her weapon again.

Did he expect her to hesitate? To second guess what he wanted her to do?

He had handed down his sentence, Death, and Jane was merely the Executioner, a role she'd played many times. There were bigger things at play than the life of one lecherous wannabe.

Without ceremony or asking for last words she brought her pistol up, set her sights, and pulled the trigger twice. The shots rang out in the empty desert, the toll of the dead. There was no pity, no mercy, just a quick death.

With the job was done she turned putting her pistol back in its place. Looking to Malcolm to see his reaction.

TAG: @HanSolo29

HanSolo29 likes this.
  10. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2007
    Simon
    Black Star, Vegas

Simon got out another cigarette. He lighted, allowing the threat to stay in the air unanswered for a moment. Then he slowly turned.

"No, you won't." He said. "I am pretty sure you won't. You can ask these guys over there in the room to come out and they might be smart enough to tell you to make the God-damned coffee or they might be dumb enough to try. Anyway this will end in you cleaning up the Club. That will take much longer than making me a coffee." He winked at her. "But I am not an unreasonable guy. An energy drink will do. You have energy drinks in one of those fridges do you?"

He stepped closer to her. "Please." He smiled and took another breath of his cigarette. This time he did not care about making it sound polite. Looking at her like a shark at a barracuda he smiled. "Red Bull, if you have one." He liked the little lady. She had balls. She reminded him of someone he had met a very long time ago.

Tag: @QueenSabe7, @HanSolo29

11. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Changte
    House of the Talbott's, D.C.

She made sure both men were dead and then quickly reloaded her gun. Turning to the door she saw Kawin was there with Anna. She sighed. The man trusted too much in his abilities. "Stay inside." She just ordered and then turned to Chaz. "Secure the perimeter and wait for the cops. I need ID on the guys. And report to TARC while we are in transit." She grabbed her mobile and called their chopper. "Pick up in five on site. No excuses." Was all she said. Then she turned to Anna. "You might not be safe here Anna. I don't know who these people were, but they might have been here for you." Or us. They had attacked her straight away. Was someone targeting TARC? "We take you to our center and keep you there until we know what this is about." It was not a request, it was a command.

The adrenaline was still there. Good. It kept the bitter taste of killing away.

Tag: @HanSolo29, @Mitth_Fisto, @RachelTyrell

12. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott
    At home

The men were dead. Blood was everywhere. She gasped, but could keep herself from crying out. "Oh my God." She simply whispered and stepped on step away from the scene.

Laura seemed incredibly cool about this. Even Anna realized she was a warrior. Used to violence.

"You might not be safe here Anna. I don't know who these people were, but they might have been here for you. We take you to our center and keep you there until we know what this is about." It was not a request, it was a command.

Anna obeyed it with a simple nod. Had these men been here to kill her? Why? What was this about? Because she had powers? She did not feel powerful at all. She felt like crying.

"Okay." That was again all she could say.

13. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang
    Car to TARC Center ... or not

Just to be sure she gave the moaning man a headshot and jumped to her feet, staying in the cover of the car. Now she had the driver and her. He was probably better trained and prepared. So what she had to do was outsmart him. How long until the cops were here? A minute? Thirty seconds? She was the target, so these guys had accomplished nothing as long as she was alive. He would come after her. Quickly. Maria considered her options and realized the man knew where she was. So he would attack. Quickly she leaped back into the car. This would be the last place he expected her. Against superior training being unpredictable was her best chance. Simmons had told her cars were traps, the man would think the same and hopefully not expect her there. She carefully closed the door and pointed her gun at the second door, pressing her feet against it. If he passed the car she would slam it open and try to hit him. That would hopefully give her a second for an effective shot. If he surprised her, she would at least have protection. The windows would not hold many more shots. But they would take more than her. Waiting, her gun ready she exhaled and inhaled again. Keeping her breath half way, just as she had been trained to.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Talbot's House, Under attack.

He looked out at the scene and the two dead and he had a pang of sorrow. A moment of grief over the loss of any life, even those misguided enough to attack them. It was enough to nearly want to reset to try to talk sense into them, telling them they knew what would happen, but that was a thought that would not work. If dying again and again had not driven him to seek another path from a killer, why would surviving without memory ever make them want to stop?

The female agent, Laura, barked out some commands as he stood there breathing in a sad state unable to change anything. He had felt the young woman, child really, step back from the scene whispering a short and mostly emotion based prayer of only two words. It was enough he felt. A good sign that she would not abuse her gift, a sign that she had a heart.

Hobbling around to look at her with his sad eyes, he simply nodded. "I'm so sorry." was all he could say. He wanted to state that he had failed her, this was what TARC was for, to prevent these situations. "Go, get a bag ready with your things if you want. Come right back down. Take whatever is precious that you can carry." he simply nodded. It was a small gesture, but it was all that he had and more than he had been allowed. "I'll wait at the bottom of the stairs. Avoid windows with clear. . .just avoid being visible in the windows. For now." he simply stated with a nod. With a shuffle-drag step he moved toward where he said he would be. Hopefully nothing more would happen.

Sadly, he felt he knew they were after her. After all if they had decoded the message from Sebastian, it was easy enough for someone else to have done so just as quickly. They were just lucky they got here a few minutes ahead of whomever those men had been.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  15. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott
    Leaving home

Anna heard Kawin say she should pack her most precious things and it took her five seconds to understand what he meant. She was probably not coming back, was she?

She decided against protesting. Two dead men were in her garden and they had probably come to abduct or even kill her. Why? Because she had superpowers. Problem was she did not exactly feel powerful. She felt helpless. But she had nowhere safer to go than with the injured man - she did not allow herself to call him a cripple - and the assassin or whatever this woman was who just killed two attackers with the ease of someone who had done this many many times. That the girl among those guys was the badass was kinda cool, she thought.

Killed. She had killed two men! In front of her house!

Without a word she ran upstairs and went into her room, shutting the door behind her. Breathing. All she needed to do was breathing. Panic. She realized intellectually what was her problem, but that gave her only a little edge in her battle against an all consuming fear. Breath. Breath. Breath.

It took a minute, a precious minute, to regain control. Then she grabbed her weekender, which she had always packed in case a trip came up and took her two hundred dollars in cash, her IPod, her chargers and a picture of her parents. What else did she need? She would have liked to pack something cool and useful. A gun! A goddamned assault rifle she had stowed away in case she ever found out she was thrown into a secret war because she possessed super weapons. But she had no gun and certainly no assault rifle. She had no cool costume either. So she took her sneakers and sunglasses ... both the Dior and Gucci ones. Her ID. Her credit card. Her second mobile, ipad pro and ... that was it. There was nothing else she could think off. Finally she realized she needed probably one more set of clothes ... picked her blue jeans and two t-shirts from her well ordered cupboard. Socks. She never had enough socks. She took five pairs and pushed them into the weekender. The t-Shirts were red and blue. Fit with everything. One said "Partygirl". One of them proclaiming her as "supergirl". Then she closed the bag and wrote a quick note ...

AM WITH THE GOV. SAFE. DO NOT WORRY.

A stupid message, but she had no time for a truthful long very surreal letter. So this had to do.

Grabbing her bag she returned to the waiting agents. "Ready. You think I have time for a quick Instagram posting?" She asked.

"Just kidding." She smiled a tortured smile and realized this dumb joke in face of almost death was probably the coolest thing she ever did in her entire life.

16. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Changte
    House of the Talbott's, D.C.

Laura wanted to protest, when Kawin send her packing. But then she decided against it. The girl was a civilian. She was not used to getting equipped and things like this ... turning back to the two dead men she scanned the area and then took out a mobile and send a message to Paul.

GOT A SIT AT TALBOTT HOUSE. TWO H DOWN. BACK TO HQ.

She send it and returned to the house. Anna was already back and asked about if she had time for a post on Instagram. Laura opened her mouth to protest and explain to her that secrecy was what their life might depend on, but Anna already said: "Just kidding."

Laura had to laugh. She tried not to, but she had to. "You really got me there." She said nodding and looked up. The chopper should be here any second now.

"ETA any second now. Please help Kawin." She told her, less because Kawin needed help, but because Anna needed something to do. Looking at Kawin she sighed. "You don't leave her side, you hear me? You got a gun on you?" She hoped he had. Finally she felt save enough to stow away her own. Laura gave Kawin a look, that made clear how serious she was. They were probably after Anna. They had figured out LEGOs post, too. Or LEGO had given them a headstart to safe her. Anyway, the mysterious street artist had saved Anna's life probably. Maybe Kawin was right and he wasn't as bad as some reports suggested. "I want Maria on this. She will find out who our friends were." She sighed. "And who send them."

And then whoever this was would find out Laura could get quite angry when someone tried to kill her favorite Instagram star. They had their surprise attack, from now on she would be prepared.

Tag: @HanSolo29, @Mitth_Fisto, @RachelTyrell

HanSolo29 likes this.
  17. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Mira Morton-Kai
    The Black Star nightclub, Las Vegas

Mira was fuming, nearly to the point of tears. She wanted to scream and shout and punch something, namely this ******* in front of her. Her emotions were peaks and valleys, uncomfortably unstable and it was as if her body and mind wanted to react to twenty different things at once. Rejecting Rhonda’s previous offer of a pick-me-up was regrettable now and even more so as she listened to the man persist in his ridiculous quest for a damn beverage.

Ava Jean Ava Jean Ava Jean Ava Jean, she repeated in her mind, a mantra to keep her head on straight… though it wasn’t really working.

A thinly veiled threat and a leering wink later, and the strange man had pushed his luck to the breaking point. Mira reached up with both hands to run her fingers through her uneven locks, gripping the sides of her head briefly to give the impression of someone who was about to snap. She opened her mouth and backed up a step, sucking in a deep breath with intent to scream for her husband. Shooting daggers at the man with her eyes, she struggled with her options, forcing herself to pause just before a single sound passed over her lips.

Damian did not like to be disturbed while in meetings, something she had learned the hard way and in a humiliating manner. What if she called for him and instead of coming to her rescue, he decided to physically remind her just how much he loathed interruptions?

“Fine!” she shrieked, giving into the stranger’s demands instead of potentially causing a scene that wouldn’t work in her favor. Mira whirled on her heels fast enough to disorient herself, gripping the lip of the bar for support as she moved behind it. She headed down part of the ways to a small tabletop fridge with various cans of energy sodas and mixers, yanked open the door and selected one at random. She came back towards him a few steps and tossed the can in his direction, not giving a damn if he caught it or not. She was too focused on strategically placing herself by the register where her bag was located. And her gun.

“You got what you came for, and I have some place important to be. Good day!” she said with obviously mocked kindness and flashing a forced grin in his direction. She pulled a cigarette free of a glittery case and lit it anxiously, taking a long drag without removing her eyes from the man. She replaced both items to her bag then, her fingers grazing the metal grip of the pistol that rested beside them.

TAGS: @DarkLordoftheFins @HanSolo29

HanSolo29 likes this.
  18. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2007
    Simon
    Black Star, Vegas

Simon smiled as he caught the can with one hand, moving quickly forward. He looked at it and then gave her a smile.

"Thank you." He just said. And took another breath from his cigarette. He opened the can with his index finger and brought it to his lips, taking a mouth full of the disgusting sugared liquid.

“You got what you came for, and I have some place important to be. Good day!” The girl said with obviously mocked kindness and flashing a forced grin in his direction. She pulled a cigarette free of a glittery case and lit it anxiously, taking a long drag without removing her eyes from him. Her hands remained under the counter and Simon looked at her. A taser? A gun? One of those sawed-off shotguns would be so wonderfully cliché.

He considered provoking her and decorating the walls with her internal organs. It would give them a message and certainly get their attention. The problem was ... he liked her. What a stubborn, angry little lady. Best material he had met in many years. No, really he liked her. He barely ever liked anyone. He could not remember when he felt sympathy for another living person. Actually it was almost a bit surprising he still could. It would not save her, if it came to the expected end of this trip. But he would probably remember her. He barely remembered those he killed.

"Have a fantastic day." He put down the can after one sip, turned and started walking out. Just before leaving the door, he turned one last time.

"Tell your Boss in there the Man from Black Rock was here and we need to talk." He said and then smiled. "See you tonight, little Lady."

He left without a further comment or waiting for a reply. He would be back tonight and conclude business. One way or another.

Tag: @QueenSabe7, @HanSolo29

QueenSabe7 and HanSolo29 like this.
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Talbot's House, After the attack.

He knew that look from Laura, even if he hadn't worked with her often enough to know her expressions easily he could read this one. Probably because his own face was making a similar expression of disbelief with a little abject terror thrown in. Well, set the seen the young girl had just bopped down the stairs in a disgustingly able way that made it seem effortless while hauling a bag of stuff, only to stop at the bottom by himself and the just reintered Laura to ask about instagramming the situation. Instagram!?!

She had tried to play it off as a joke and Laura went with it, laughing about being gotten. Gotten. That took on a whole knew view when one considered that people were trying to kill her and by extension them. Again.

"ETA any second now. Please help Kawin." Laura told Anna, less because Kawin needed help, but because Anna needed something to do. Looking at Kawin she sighed. "You don't leave her side, you hear me? You got a gun on you?" She hoped he had. Finally she felt safe enough to stow away her own. Laura gave Kawin a look, that made clear how serious she was.

Nodding he looked her thoughtfully, "Always." he simply answered. Although in his mind the common litany flew through his mind. Falls under better to have it and never need it than to need it and not have it. Of course that lesson had been drilled into him when running for his life and the few instances where he would have had a perfect drop and shot on his Hunter if he had only had a weapon on him at the time. He could of avoided dying so many times if he had.

"I want Maria on this. She will find out who our friends were." She sighed. "And who send them."

Eyes narrowing at that he did his best to let it go and simply looked over at the girl. "Just an arm to help me hobble quicker, if you don't mind." When it came to Maria he absolutely detested that woman. Following orders or not that was a cluster that she nearly had turned into a nuclear event if she had succeeded. Not to mention she had killed Sebastian. Granted he got better, or rather was a hair split of himself or some such, it did nothing to lesson that feeling that settled in him toward her. He was the prey and she was the Hunter, the deceiver, and a killer that made his ex-wife look tame.

At this point he would actually be glad for the chopper ride out of here, and hopefully away to someplace that that woman was not.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  20. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Deklan Casey
    Skid Row - Los Angeles, California

Deklan studies the stranger as much as he possibly can in the fleeting moments prior to the man sprinting past him to pursue Bill. Instinct takes over and the American soldier takes off after the stranger. If he can avoid harming the man and incriminating himself with the pistol, he will and he is confident in his own ability to sprint.

It isn’t long before he is hot on the stranger’s heels and, knowing simply reaching out to grab him will likely not be enough to stop him, Deklan takes the risk of springing completely off the pavement and tackling the man at the hips. They both crash to the asphalt, Deklan’s arms taking double punishment from his own weight and the weight of his captive coming down hard on them. Adrenaline is too high for him to really notice the pain though. As soon as they hit the ground, he is scrambling to subdue the man he has jumped, hoping Bill will keep running and not stop to look back lest he get hurt.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001

The shots rang out across the barren landscape, but Malcolm did not flinch. He only watched with a cool expression as Davis crumbled to the desert floor in a lifeless heap. This was the reaction of a man who was accustomed to the horrors of combat; death did not seem to faze him. As if to reinforce this notion, his lip curled up into a wry smile and he nodded with approval.

“You passed,” he uttered as he stepped closer to Hyde, who was now trembling at his feet. Not that the man had done anything useful so far to help his partner, but Malcolm would ensure that he would remain silent.

Leaning down, he merely had to look at the hapless man before the knife tucked into the sheaf along Hyde’s waistband jumped to life of its own accord and impaled the man through the soft palate of his throat. An unpleasant gurgling sound emitted from Hyde as he reached up in a fruitless effort to stop the bleeding. In the end, it only took him a few short minutes to join his partner in death.

Again, there was no remorse as Malcolm turned to regard Jane with an even gaze. “No need to worry about this mess,” he stated matter-of-factly. “Between the buzzards and coyotes, there will be nothing left by the morning – just a pile of bones. It’s nature’s own garbage disposal.”

He chuckled lightly at this and started walking, motioning casually with one hand into the distance. Through the mirage shimmering on the horizon, Jane would be able to make out a sprinkling of abandoned buildings and warehouses – an old U.S. military base. “That’s our destination. Welcome to Empire, Nevada…”

After a short trek, they approached a chain-linked fence and an old guard post with two sentries keeping watch. The soldiers eyed them warily, but waved them by upon recognizing Malcolm. Unlike Davis and his counterpart, these men were disciplined and held an air of authority.

As they passed into the enclosed airfield beyond, Malcolm began to explain the layout, occasionally pointing to some of the prefab buildings and dilapidated structures that dotted the perimeter, but his main focus was on an outcropping and another guarded entry carved right into the rockface. On one side of the entryway was a keypad and a scanner.

“Most of the structure is underground; heavily-guarded and well protected from the elements...including attack.” A sly smile curved up one corner of his mouth. “Back in the old days, when this place was built, they had to worry about nuclear annihilation, but that’s not what we’re hiding from here today. They repurposed the place in the mid 90s and upgraded all of its amenities, and since then, well...it's been guarding one of the world’s greatest secrets.” He paused here to input a passcode into the pad and then pressed his thumb against the scanner. The indicator turned green and there was a click as the door unlocked. One of the guards keeping watch nodded.

Malcolm waved Jane ahead. “After you, my dear.”

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Oval Office, the White House, Washington, D.C.

Gates seemed to bristle, his eyes narrowing dangerously as he simply glared at the Vice President. He realized that he had been tricked again, but despite the anger that was clearly building, he maintained his smile...that smug, contemptuous grin. It said that he wouldn’t sit idly by and allow Matt to ridicule him; he was ready to fight back.

But as he parted his lips to speak, he was halted by the President, who had raised a single hand to stop him. Somewhere along the line, Matt had gotten through. It probably had nothing to do with the attack or the possible implications it could have on the country; President Harris was too selfish for that. No, it was the way Matt had addressed the Secret Service agent – he feared for his life.

“Ben, do you mind leaving us alone for a moment?” Harris replied evenly, now sitting back to study Matt curiously.

“But, sir, this situation can’t--”

Please, Ben…” He canted his head and gave Gates a stern glare. “I’ll call for you in a moment to finish up.”

The Chief of Staff bit his lower lip and gave a reluctant nod. “Of course, Mr. President.” He met Matt’s gaze on his way out, a silent promise that they would settle this later; this had turned personal.

After Gates had vacated the room, President Harris exhaled heavily and gestured to the two seats before his desk. “Professor Cale, Matt...have a seat.” As he waited for them to comply, the President turned inward and studied the printout still resting in front of him. Slowly, he brought his hands up to rest against his chin. “Tell me about LEGO,” he said simply, following up on Matt’s final question. “I feel as if you’ve been holding back.”

TAG: @LordTroepfchen

Streets, Washington D.C.

The driver did not appear in her line of sight; either he was hunkering down to make a move, or he was trapped. Was he even still in the car? Either way, Maria didn’t have time to dwell on it – a metallic ‘clang’ resounded from behind as something clattered against the asphalt and bumped against the car’s chassis from underneath.

Now her assassin’s plan became clear – he intended to snuff her out or finish her off quickly with a grenade. In this case, Simmons had been right – a car was indeed a death trap.

TAG: @TheSithGirly

Outside the Talbott House, Alexandria, Virginia

Paul did not immediately reply to Laura’s text, but the message had been received; no doubt he had his hands full with other matters back at headquarters.

In the distance, the telltale hum of a chopper could be heard as it approached from the southeast. It soon appeared above the treetops and circled once before coming in for a landing in the expansive lot where the Talbott house sat. The rotors created a furious windstorm as it touched down to provide a clear path for Anna and Kawin to make their escape; one of the side doors opened to admit them.

Ducking low to combat the wind, Chaz approached Laura; he had to shout to be heard above the roar of the chopper. “No IDs!” he hollered. “But I’m not surprised, these guys don’t want to be known! Snapped some shots with my cell phone, though...that should give Maria something to work with.”

He then gestured a few blocks down the street, where the flashing lights of the police cars could be seen approaching. “The cops can handle things from here – unless you have something else in mind, we’re ready to roll!”

TAG: @SirakRomar ; @RachelTyrell ; @Mitth_Fisto

Apartment above the Black Star Nightclub, Las Vegas, Nevada

The living space above the nightclub itself wasn’t the most spacious of accommodations, but it provided the occupants with all of the latest conveniences – flat screen TVs, a lavish entertainment system, and posh furniture. Damien Kai liked to live in style; he wasn’t afraid to flaunt his wealth, even if he did acquire most of it by unconventional means. No one seemed to question it, especially here in Sin City…

And so, after Rhonda had said her farewells without another word about the strange man, and the nightclub met the minimum requirements in terms of cleanliness, Mira found her way upstairs to the domicile she shared together with Damien and her daughter. It was fairly quiet when she entered, but that wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. It was still early; Ava Jean was probably still sleeping in her bedroom down the hall.

As if to confirm this, the door at the end of the hall opened gently and a heavyset woman stepped out. A grim expression crossed her dark features when she spotted Mira, and she hurriedly started down the hall with heavy footsteps. It was Gloria, a Mexican immigrant who Damien had hired to clean, cook, and keep an eye on Ava while they were busy downstairs at the nightclub.

She stopped before Mira, her forehead creased with worry. “So, sorry, Miz” she started in her accented English, “I didn’t hear you come in…”

Gloria paused and began to wring her hands nervously at her waist. “I...I think you should come with me, Miz.” She gestured behind her toward the bedroom. “Ava Jean...she sick.”

TAG: @QueenSabe7

Skid Row, Los Angeles, California

Bill continued to run, but he was intercepted at the end of the block by a group of curious onlookers who stepped out of their tents at the first sign of a scuffle. In a tight-knit community such as Skid Row, it was hard to keep anything secret, especially a fight such as the one that Deklan and the assailant found themselves in on the pavement.

While the newcomers tried to calm Bill down, the assailant twisted in Deklan’s grip. It wasn’t really an attempt to break free, though...his motions were too stiff for that. In the end, he was able to flip himself around so that he was looking directly into his captor’s face. Even then, he did not struggle; he only stared at Deklan with cold, hard eyes. But despite his remarkable composure, he was sweating profusely, almost as if he was on the brink of exhaustion.

“You’ve lost, friend,” he uttered in an even tone, his gaze unwavering. “You should not have gotten involved...”

Slowly, the man reached up and took hold of Deklan’s wrists, his fingers gripping so tight that his knuckles began to turn white. As the man continued to focus intensely on his captor, Deklan would begin to feel lightheaded and faint, his vision clouding over so that the world began to fade…

In the distance, Bill cried out, but to Deklan it would sound muffled, as if he was shouting from inside of a tunnel. Had he said anything at all? Or was it all in his mind?

TAG: @Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  22. TheSithGirly

Apr 26, 2007
    Maria Liang
    Battlefront D.C.

Oh damn you Adrian! Even from the grave her old lover made a point ...

Seconds. It were seconds now ... nontime to think. So she executed her plan and pushed open the door of her car and grabbed her gun tight as she dived out and began to run ... probably right into the man's line of fire. Nothing to be done about that. The attacker needed to take cover, too. A car was about to blow up.

Mentally she prepared for the shockwave to push her to the ground, as she forced her body to move as fast as possible away from the car and if possible into cover ...

HanSolo29 likes this.
  23. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jane

Jane could see it in Malcolm's eyes, this didn't faze him, not one bit. He'd seen this all before, most likely ordered the execution of many of his underlings. They were just pawns to him, a means to an end.

"You passed," he said with a cruel wry smile. He leaned down gaze boring into the man shaking at his feet. Jane could tell what was coming. The tension hung in the air along with death and the sent of a freshly fired gun. In a flash the knife on the mute's belt moved on its own, no doubt moved along by Malcolm's will.

The blade buried itself into the bald man's neck crimson lines of blood flew from the wound, running down his neck in a gory display. It spoke more to Malcolm than anything. He could have simply taken the pistol from the mute and shot him with it much like her. Two bullets into the head and it was over quick and simple, not these minutes of waiting as he bled out on the warm sands.

Not that she was against the quieter takedown of a knife to the throat. She'd used it herself many times to keep her presence hidden. However here in the middle of the desert there were faster ways to kill someone.

He enjoyed being cruel, his first thought was to open the man's throat and let him die in a pool of his own blood. She'll be the first to admit that she got a thrill from killing, a kind of excitement the welled up from her chest as she felt the recoil of her gun. But, she wasn't cruel, she liked a quick kill to wolf down her food as quickly as possible. Malcolm liked to let it linger, to savor the moment.

They might have both been killers but, they were very different.

At least that was one less witness she'd have to deal with.

"No need to worry about this mess," he said gaze settled upon her, his cold gaze, "Between the buzzards and coyotes, there will be nothing left by the morning – just a pile of bones. It’s nature’s own garbage disposal."

She nodded her head but still took some time to collect Davis's gun, body armor and boots, never know when those are going to come in handy.

She packed the pilfered weapons and armor into her bag and shouldered it looking out to the horizon seeing a smattering of buildings made hazy by the heat rising from the desert.

"That’s our destination." He said after a chuckle, gesturing to the collection of buildings out into the distance. "Welcome to Empire, Nevada…"

"Some welcome." She remarked hefting her now heavier bag over her shoulder and following along.

Soon enough they reached the outskirts of the base, laid out like many she'd seen and visited over her life. Passing another pair of guards though thankfully these ones looked better trained. Seemed Malcolm sent his most lackluster recruits out to meet her. Or the ones he'd miss the least when he had to kill them.

She kept quiet letting her guide show her around pointing at the buildings in various states of disrepair. Though it seems he wasn't too interested in them, what he focused on was the mountain that dominated the base.

"Most of the structure is underground; heavily-guarded and well protected from the elements...including attack." Another slight smile bloomed on his face, “Back in the old days, when this place was built, they had to worry about nuclear annihilation, but that’s not what we’re hiding from here today. They repurposed the place in the mid 90s and upgraded all of its amenities, and since then, well...it's been guarding one of the world’s greatest secrets."

Her brow furrowed, how could a place like this house great secrets, and if it did how did a group of paramilitaries take it over. Just more things to unravel.

They stepped past another checkpoint coming to a door with a numpad and scanner. Jane didn't look as he was putting the code in, she would get a code eventually.

"After you, my dear." He said with a wave of his hand.

"Tell me I get my own bunk. I like my privacy." she said entering the space. Her gear was getting heavy and she would like a place to put it, and hopefully she would be away from the others.

TAG: @HanSolo29

HanSolo29 likes this.
  24. RachelTyrell

Feb 15, 2009
    Anna Talbott
    Leaving home

Anna watched the chopper touch down right in front of her house. A helicopter. How awesome was that? She had once a ride in one over the Grand Canyon with her Dad. But this was entirely different. This helicopter would take her to some secret liar of Government agents! She imagined a large Victorian mansion, where people like Kawin honed their skills, but quickly realized she was thinking of Charles Xavier's X-Men school. It would probably not be like that.

Taking the only job she had serious she offered Kawin an arm and held the weekender tightly pressed against her body in her other as she quickly made her way to the helicopter to climb in. She would throw her bag in first, like the marines did in war movies with their equipment. Then she would climb in and offer Kawin a hand. Just like they did in the movies.

Her heart was pounding. This day had gotten a lot more exciting than expected.

25. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Deklan Casey
    Skid Row - Los Angeles, California

The world seems to slow to a crawl and suddenly Deklan feels as though he is on the outside looking in—almost akin to an out-of-body experience, but different. He vaguely remembers being drugged once. Is that what is happening now? Had the stranger slipped an unseen substance into his veins when he had tackled him? Deklan can’t really make sense of it.

Bill’s voice barely filters through the fog descending on his mind. Is he all right? Had he made it to safety? He tries to find the capacity to ask these questions or at least call out to his friend, but it is as though he is paralyzed. He can feel himself falling sideways to collapse helplessly on his side on the pavement.

Journal Entry by Deklan Casey

It felt like dying, only with dying comes eventual relief. I should know. I’ve been there before. But there was no relief from whatever was happening to me. My eyes wouldn’t blink; my muscles wouldn’t move; my voice wouldn’t work. I could hear myself fighting to speak, but all I could get out was ridiculous moaning and I knew I was slobbering like a rabid animal. It was probably a good thing I hadn’t the mind to be embarrassed. That’s all catching up with me now as I write this.

My greatest fear in that moment was the idea that I was now helpless and the guy that had gone after Bill in the first place was free to go after him again. He certainly didn’t look healthy enough to be exerting himself running after a skinny homeless guy, but before I had tackled him, that hadn’t seemed to be a problem. I tried to move my eyes to track where the guy had gone, but I couldn’t focus. Everything was spinning. Even a night of hard drinking couldn’t hold a candle to this.

After a while, I knew I was fighting unconsciousness. Despite my best efforts, in the end, I succumbed. I could still hear myself moaning pathetically, but it sounded like someone else. It sounded like the noises my buddy Cody was making as he was dying in my arms in a dusty deserted trench in Iraq...

HanSolo29 likes this.