main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Redemption Of Anakin Starkiller V1.0

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Deimos_Skywalker, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deimos_Skywalker

Deimos_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    I didn't know whether to post this in the Episode III forum or Classic forum... so I chose both as it has relevance across the twin trilogies

The final cut has arrived...

Watching my DVD set made me realise the true vision that the prequels had... to serve the classic trilogy and to explore and resonate the ideas already exisiting within that trilogy with a greater intensity that undoubtedly makes me personally feel a mixture of hope and sorrow

The undertitle of the saga is... The Rise, Fall And Redemption Of Anakin Skywalker, a story set in six chapters

I was never a big Star Wars fan, every so often I'd watch a movie here and there, never really seeing them as more than space operas with some fancy effects (Being a CGI interested geek myself)

But on watching them again, I thought over the landscapes of Tatooine and realised that little kid turned into his own monster, a creation of the guilt, fear and destiny he could not control, the loss of his mother in presence and then in life... the thought of removing himself from every human desire to train as a knight of the republic and never follow his heart and be with Padme

Darth Vader exists from the desire to control what cannot be controlled, fate... acting on falliable instinct, betrayed and lied to by his former masters and unable to quell the demons that formed no matter what

On watching Luke unmask Vader... I saw Anakin looking back with a feeling that was never there, pride... Anakin had removed his soul from the pit he lay for decades

The prequels truly have made me look differently at the Classic trilogy, true to say that they could never top the movies released way back nearly 30 years ago now... but they emote just as strongly and they are a proud part of the saga

The Life And Death Of Anakin Skywalker Will Dwell Within Us Forever...

---

Perhaps this post will never be read much... I just had to share my thoughts really, but do comment

2. JonYo

JonYo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2004
    hmm...no comment other than:
    Shouldn't it be Annakin? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.