main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Reign of Hatred (the tale of the Dark Lord of the Sith)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sith_Emperor_420, Jul 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Emperor_420

Sith_Emperor_420 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2003
    Chapter I
    LIGHT, NO MORE

Anakin Skywalker, an older and highly-skilled and accomplished Jedi Knight, sat on the edge of the stone cliff, gazing into the horizon. Pillars of lava burst below him in angry explosions, and small avalanches of rock in various distances tumbled downward and plunged into the large lake of magma. Dangerous as this region was, Anakin favored it...for the sole purpose that few came here, yielding him the chance to be alone. A small frown broke across Anakin's face and his head dipped, as he felt his solitude once again being broken.

"I thought I would find you here." Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi said, slightly out of breath, as he approached Anakin from behind at the top of the small mountain. "The Council has sent me to find you-"

"I wish to be alone, Master." Anakin interrupted him, crossly. Kenobi had become increasingly annoying to Anakin as of late, and Anakin's temper had thus become increasingly shorter. Gone were the days of Anakin's care-free and innocent Padawanship. Too much had happened too soon: the death of his mother, his first taste of rage on the slaughter of the Tusken raiders a few years ago, his marriage to the beautiful Senator, horrific spells of combat during the Clone wars...and now what had become of Anakin Skywalker was a serious and solemn Jedi Knight of depression and short temperment.

"I'm afraid that is not an option, Anakin. You must return to the Council and take responsibility for your actions." Kenobi replied, cautiously. The Jedi Master was very keen on picking up emotions...and he did not like what he felt from Anakin. Anakin was once a great student, and had learned a great many things under Master Kenobi's teaching. And Anakin was nothing short of superb in his mastery of the living Force. But one element of Jedi training that Anakin simply could never gain control of, Kenobi thought again, sadly, were his emotions.

"TAKE RESPONSIBLITY? TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT...MARRYING THE ONE I LOVE?" Anakin shouted, never even looking Kenobi's way. His eyes remained fixed in an angry gaze.

"Anakin, I do not wish to have this discussion again. Calm down, and let us go back to the Council." Kenobi pleaded.

Anakin's head silently dropped in frustration. Why can't this old man take a hint?- he thought. He remained calm.

"I wish to be alone, Master Kenobi. Now please, leave." Anakin sighed, with a bit of plead in his voice. He threw a pebble into the lava below.

"I can't do that, Anakin. I have to take you back-"

"THEN YOU'LL HAVE TO DO IT BY FORCE!" Anakin growled as he sprang up on his feet in a lightening-quick explosion of anger. His lightsaber hummed...and he was in a battle stance. A bit startled, Kenobi swallowed hard...and placed his hand on the hilt of his own lightsaber.

"Anakin, put your weapon away. There is no need for this!" Kenobi shouted in a commanding voice.

"I HAVE DEALT WITH YOUR LACK OF FAITH IN ME LONG ENOUGH, GENERAL KENOBI. AND I GROW TIRED OF YOU THWARTING MY ADVANCEMENT. BECAUSE OF YOU, I DID NOT TAKE THE TRIALS. YOU THOUGHT I WAS LACKING IN SKILL AND DETERMINATION. BUT I SHALL PROVE WHO IS THE MORE POWERFUL,...HERE...NOW!!!" Anakin growled. His eyes were almost reddened with anger, with rage, with...hate.

"Last chance, Anakin. DISENGAGE THAT WEAPON, NOW !!!" Kenobi shouted again. Still keeping his own lightsaber off, he gripped it tighter and assumed a fighting stance. He remained focused, and kept his head clear.

"IF YOU WILL NOT FIGHT...THEN YOU WILL DIE!!" Anakin barked as he lunged toward his Master in an overhead, downward swipe...his eyes now even a darker shade of red and never blinking. But Master Kenobi was quick...

Barely in the knick of time, Kenobi's lightsaber blade intercepted Anakin's, inches before Kenobi's skull. Still on the offensive, Anakin countered the block with a lateral swing to Kenobi's side. Kenobi dodged it by jumping backwards.

After two attempts on his life, Master Kenobi knew what he had to

2. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    That was an interesting take on things. I'll be back to see where this goes.

3. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I can see this as a possibility. Nicely done!

--later--

4. Sith_Emperor_420

Sith_Emperor_420 Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2003
    Chapter II
    A JEDI LOST

Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi awakened from his deep slumber, and as he rubbed his eyes, fresh bolts of pain surged throughout his body. He noticed Jedi Master Yoda sitting beside his hospital bed.

Kenobi's robes were bloodied and tattered, and his face was a rainbow of blues and purples...nicely contrasted with a deep shade of caked-up blood under his nose and on his lips. His hair was matted in sweat and uncombed.

"Master Yoda..." he whispered. He attempted to sit up a little, but the pain dictated that he stay like he was...on his back.

"I have never been in pain like this before. Anakin...he was so, so...STRONG. Wher- how is he?" Kenobi said.

"Kidnapped and moved to private quarters, was he. But...dead...I'm afraid Anakin Skywalker is." Yoda replied slowly and sadly, as his old and wrinkled head slowly moved from side to side in grief. Obi Wan's eyes closed, and he sighed...whispering Anakin's name.

"I have failed, my Master. I have failed to train my pupil as a Jedi Master. He was the last of his bloodline, and he spent his last moments of life in the grips of the Dark Side...in hate. It was at those moments I could not contain him...could not bring him back to the Light...could not save him. I have failed." Master Kenobi forced the words of confession from his mouth as he fought the pain...physical and emotional.

"Failed you have not..." Yoda replied as he slowly looked up and pierced Kenobi's eyes with hard, serious contact "and last of his bloodline he was not.". Kenobi squinted in confusion.

Anakin Skywalker lay in a blackened and charred heap of flesh upon the operating table, and under a cool blanket of bacta gel. His legs were melted off at the hips, as was his left arm at the shoulder...and his vital organs, especially his lungs, were charred into uselessness. The electrodes connected to his skull and chest pumped timed pulses of energy into his brain and heart, keeping them barely alive, and the respirator hooked to his mouth did his breathing. He was unconcious...and had been for over seventy-two standard hours. The only sign of any existing life in his charred body was a slow and constant "beep" from the life monitor.

"Only one with incredible strength in the Force could have survived this ordeal..." the newly self-proclaimed Emperor Palpatine said from behind the plexi-glass to his Chief of Medical Staff, Dr. Mar-Vwinn. Mar-Vwinn nodded slowly...partially out of respect and partially out of disbelief.

"See to it that this patient is fully rehabilitated...with any means necessary." Palpatine ordered as he slowly turned to his left and started marching back to his office.

"And Doctor..." Palpatine said as he was walking. "Yes, my Lord?" Mar-Vwinn answered.

Mar-Vinn took another look at his a-hair-away-from-death patient and swallowed hard.

"Do not fail."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.