main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The relationship between Finn and Rey. SEE FIRST POST WARNING

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Devizz, Dec 16, 2015.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Rey shouldn't have to get with anyone. Finn has little to do with it... aside from in conspiracy circles. :p

2. Beardwalker

Beardwalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    [​IMG]

3. Carl Rahl

Carl Rahl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2016

No she doesn't have to, but their relationship wasn't really 100% plutonic

Nanosoft likes this.
  4. Deerborne

Deerborne Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2015
    She doesn't have to get with anyone. That shouldn't be a prerequisite for her character. But if it fits the narrative and serves her character, which her relationship with Finn does, she should be able to.

5. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Shame the press won't leave Daisy and her real life boyfriend alone. Then I think if it was really John and Daisy in real life it would 10 X as bad. The press are just crazy :rolleyes:

Carl Rahl likes this.
  6. Ryanpaulstewart

Ryanpaulstewart Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2016
    No character in fiction "needs" a romance angle, certainly if it interferes with that character's development.

Deerborne and ekrolo2 like this.
  7. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014

Agreed, one of the best parts of TFA is the fact it didn't feel the need to bother us with romances. Something I hope more movies realize.

8. Obiwan10

Obiwan10 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    I have seen press trying to get daisy and john together lmao, they are like bro and sis irl so it isn't really surprising me anymore tbh haha. On the good side, at least their amazing chemistry is being noted by many articles and journalists lol.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

turnip white likes this.
  9. Deerborne

Oct 15, 2015
    Yeah, it's kind of creepy. Must suck to not be able to do literally anything without the press jumping all over you and leaping to conclusions.

10. Obiwan10

Obiwan10 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    I don't even read those articles that deal with stuff like this, daisy on Instagram tells people to delete photos of her that was taken by paparazzi so she is deff annoyed. John always keeps on the down low when out and about so he isn't getting that problem yet I believe.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11. turnip white

Dec 3, 2014
    The press have a bizzare reaction to beautiful women, then scrutinize what the wear. I was told by someone in the buisness they go after females because they make more money. Unless there is marriageable problems or the dude is having sex with another man or dying they are not much else entertained. Either way its shocking....

Obiwan10 likes this.
  12. Carl Rahl

Carl Rahl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2016

They do get more money for women and if you can get them with their kids it more... it's absolutely sick. If you want to follow your favorite stars, find them on Instagram of twitter and let them show you whatever they choose to, I hate this TMZ and English pap media world we are turning into.

John told a story he had a date with a woman who didn't know who he was (which he was very happy about) and paps ruined it for him.

that after he was casted and pre tfa release

Deerborne, turnip white and Obiwan10 like this.
  13. turnip white

Dec 3, 2014
    So very true, well said =D=

Carl Rahl likes this.
  14. Little_Boots

Little_Boots Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    A good classic movie needs a romance though it's essential like comedy relief

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

15. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Yeah I'm pro romance in these saga films. It doesn't need it, granted, but I like the emotional investment in a little romance. I'm also big on familial connections and friendships. Any bonds that add depth to stories get a yay! vote from me.

Nanosoft, IamZam and Deerborne like this.
  16. ekrolo2

Jun 17, 2014

If they take the time to actually do it well then sure. But if not, then don't do it because the invisible bible of movies says Thou Shalt Shu Horneth Ein Romantique!. Captain America Winter Soldier is easily one of the best movies I've seen in the last couple of years and that didn't bog itself down with needless romance.

Hell, that movie pretty much has the main male and female leads agree to keep their perfectly fine friendship intact.

17. Little_Boots

Dec 23, 2015
    That film is an exception. However Star Wars always had some romance within the story, since most people expect it, from generation to generation they won't leave one out. That's at least what I think anyway

Nanosoft likes this.
  18. ekrolo2

Jun 17, 2014

Well, TFA made 2 billion at the box office without one so its absence clearly isn't a major detractor. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if a romantic angle was in the film at some point in the writing process but everyone got PT jitters from it (because everyone involved in this movie is scared ****less of anything remotely prequel-esque) and axed it.

anakinfan edit: You have to star that one out.

19. Little_Boots

Dec 23, 2015
    Yea it made money big time but remember it is the first of more to come and people will expect a romance.

20. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    How many movies have you seen?

Love stories are NOT essential to make a good movie.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Beardwalker

Beardwalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    I wouldn't call it essential but closer to inevitable. Most good all around movies have at least a little romance, even the most underplayed romances, and SW has always had a little romance.

thestartrader and Little_Boots like this.
  22. Little_Boots

Dec 23, 2015
    Don't say that. I've seen a lot of movies and depending on what the theme in the film is, romance may or may not enter. Star wars is about a family, it's a selection of soap Opera stories so romance will come in whether you like it or not. It's not one movie about a murderer or someone seeking something. It's a soap opera in its core.

23. Deerborne

Oct 15, 2015
    Romance is great (if done properly), but it's in no way essential. The only real romance in The Avengers/AOU is Brucenat, and that's an absolute travesty that's been panned by everyone and their mothers. I could have definitely done without it. Personally I'd love to see Sam and Steve, but I have no problems with it not happening. It's kind of cool to have this series of movies with no romantic entanglements where everyone's just really good friends. That's exceedingly rare, and it works for the MCU. I don't see too many people complaining.

That being said, I think that romantic love is essential to the SW universe. It's become a key element that we've come to expect. That's not to say we couldn't have a trilogy with out it, I think we certainly could, but it's just unlikely.

Nanosoft and Rhyoth like this.
  24. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    OK, yeah I agree about SW, which is why I think there will be a romance in this ST. Though, every movie doesn't share the same themes as Star Wars. There are plenty of classic films that don't have love stories.

Little_Boots likes this.
  25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It doesn't NEED a romance imo. But the idea that she can be a "strong female character" AND have one appeals to me on some level. That is a sadly uncommon thing in fiction.