main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The relationship between Finn and Rey. SEE FIRST POST WARNING

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Devizz, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Ryanpaulstewart

Ryanpaulstewart Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2016
    LK said that the difference between heroes and villains--to him, is that while the hero changes/adapts/learns throughout the course of the narrative, the big bad stays the same, makes the same decisions, which will eventually be their undoing.

Rey and Finn are different/altered because their experience in TFA.

Kylo, though conflicted, came to the same evil conclusions over and over again. From the slaughter of the village to the killing of his father, Kylo, in action, is the same person he was at the beginning of TFA--perhaps more resolute, which was why Rey and Finn were able to beat him. Not because they were more powerful but because they learned to trust and believe in each other while Kylo could only try to harness the evil that drove him to mass murder.

Nanosoft and beebee-ate like this.
  2. filmgeek32

filmgeek32 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 18, 2016
    bingo

3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    How does the last scene(s) between her and Kylo go-She calls him a "monster," he throws her against a tree, beats her best friend into a coma, they have a brutal fight, and she slices open his face.

How does the last scene(s) between her and Finn end-She runs over to check up on him (in tears she so upset/distraught), is willing to stay there and die when the planet explodes just so that he won't be alone. Spends a lot of time watching over him in the medical bay, and then kisses him (likely the first time that she's ever done that or had it done to her), thanks him, and promises to see him again as soon as possible.

Hmm, if they're going romantic, I wonder which one of these two has the firmer foundation (hint, not really it's obvious).

4. Beardwalker

Beardwalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    [​IMG]

5. Ryanpaulstewart

Jan 13, 2016

A poster a hundred pages ago on this thread added a wrinkle to Finn and Rey's final scene that I hadn't considered at the time I viewed it. Finn is unconscious. At that point he is a prop, like the burnt bust of Vader for Kylo. Rey isn't reassuring Finn that they'll see each other again; she's reassuring herself that they'll see each other again, which is why the friendzone claim, even if it weren't a strange gendered comment, is invalid. Rey isn't stating their friendship - that's self evident, she's acknowledging their bond, their connectedness - that's why it is followed by: "I believe that," and then the forehead kiss.

6. filmgeek32

filmgeek32 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 18, 2016
    i truly believe that any romance between rey and kylo ren hurts both characters
    they have great chance to build kylo ren into awesome villain and having fall for rey ruins it and having rey fall kylo makes her look weak

7. Deerborne

Deerborne Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2015
    It would cheapen the entire story.

Nanosoft, turnip white and Carl Rahl like this.
  8. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Yep we are all politically correct on here.

Mod edit: Quote removed.

Seriously though, that is really offensive [face_phbbbbt]

turnip white, @ vaderito: Mod comment is please don't carry any quotes over from another thread. I've edited the comment out.

Carl Rahl and filmgeek32 like this.
  9. Deerborne

Oct 15, 2015
    Anyone still using the term 'SJW' doesn't deserve to be listened to IMO. These are the same fools upset over Beyoncé's 'Formation.' The world is changing. Get over it.

10. Carl Rahl

Carl Rahl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    What is SJW?

11. Elegant Weapon

Elegant Weapon Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2015
    "Social Justice Warriors", a ridiculous "insult" popular online

12. Forgotten Cade

Forgotten Cade Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    Social Justice Warriors

EDIT: Nvm

13. Carl Rahl

Carl Rahl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    OK, so like I said these people who complain about being PC are just mad they can't be idiots anymore and that the world is changing.

BTW thank you Forgotten Cade & Elegant Weapon

14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Most folks who complain about PC correctness usually "out" their views on their own. However, that does not mean all such views are automatically proof of anything.

Regardless, please don't quote posts from other threads,(unless the poster has given permission). I appreciate that the other poster was tagged, but the poster may not wish to participate in another thread, especially if "summoned" to defend him/herself.

Beardwalker likes this.
  15. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Sorry I did that but after the weekend and the personal call out that I had which was completely off the spectrum I found offensive, I also don't like the fact that some posters I consider online friends to be subjected abuse unfair. I admit I copied and pasted the post but I didn't mean to include the posters name, nor did I mean summon them. Maybe I need a cool down period but some of things are getting personal. If you can't see how offensive and nasty that post was I give up. I maybe should of reported this but I was hurt and lashed out. Am guilty of that I put my hands up but I don't like feeling people can write that vitriol its not nice. I don't want to be derailing the thread but please message me because I want to say so much more but I can't. It's twice you have called me out and I have never caused much friction in the past. :(

Peace

16. Deerborne

Oct 15, 2015
    So, anyways, moving on...

17. Ryanpaulstewart

Jan 13, 2016
    Huh... wha happened tho?

18. Beardwalker

Jan 5, 2016
    Just some hoopla being handled before it had the chance to turn into a full blown thing.
    back to finnrey we go
    [​IMG]

19. Forgotten Cade

Jan 3, 2016
    Ladys and gentlemen, this what the cool kids like to call "Savagery"
    XD

20. Obiwan10

Obiwan10 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    Lmao this is funny, but every time I think of this, I think of those stormtroopers that boarded the tantive iv, they were wrecking them rebels there lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Forgotten Cade likes this.
  21. Forgotten Cade

Jan 3, 2016
    True lol

22. Ryanpaulstewart

Jan 13, 2016
    How does Rey know she can force call Luke's lightsaber and why is she able to do so with greater strength than Kylo whom is, though weakened (yet was able to force throw Rey into a tree hard enough to render her unconscious), better trained and experienced in the force?

23. Beardwalker

Jan 5, 2016
  24. frail47

frail47 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    I guess the same reasoning for the mind trick. In the book she tried it because she figured if she could get into Kylo's mind, she might be able to do something with the stormtrooper.

So with Kylo force pushing her into the tree perhaps she thought she could use her power to pull something toward her. In the book she is shocked that she was able to do it.

I suspect that if LK didn't push JJ to exercise so much restraint there might have been clearer explanations for it. Though of course Luke destroyed the Death Star without his targeting computer and little Anakin "accidentally" destroyed the droid control ship despite little or no knowledge of the Force and their innate abilities.

25. Ryanpaulstewart

Jan 13, 2016

Makes sense. They're implying she's really powerful with the force because she picks up these force abilities intuitively and quickly.