main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Reluctant Princess (post Invincible J/J AU) Get the Defibrilator! It's New Post Dec10/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by canadianjedimama, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Author's Note: Hi there. :) Canadianjedimama here with another J/J story. My aim with this story is to capture "snapshots" in the life of Jagged Fel and Jaina Solo as they rise to prominence and, eventually, the Imperial throne. There should be about about 6 posts, and each post with be broken into two parts to be posted every second Tuesday and Thursday starting tonight. This little bunny has been gnawing away at my brain for awhile, and I've finally let it out for all you fine folks to enjoy.

Someone was kind enough to point out that I'd forgotten this very important part DISCLAIMER: I don't own this premise, these characters or the galaxy they play in. George Lucas does. I'm just borrowing it for my own enjoyment and will put it back when I'm done.

If you enjoy the story and would like a PM, just drop me a note when you review.

Special Thanks go to THE_PIED_PIPER. Thanks for taking a look, Kick![:D]

Dedicated to Mama's Little Princess. I love you baby.:*

And now, without further ado....

THE RELUCTANT PRINCESS

SECRET JEDI OUTPOST
    HAPAN TRANSITORY MISTS
    ONE WEEK AFTER THE DEATH OF DARTH CAEDUS

Luke Skywalker watched the body of his sister's child bounce gently in the viscous bacta. The life-saving fluid had done an impressive job of healing the assorted welts, cuts and bruises peppering the still form. However, the damage done to the spirit within....well, that was another matter entirely.

He was so focused on the scene through the transparisteel and his involvement in instigating it that he almost missed his sister's arrival at his side.

"Hey," Leia said softly, eyes glued on the scene in the window before them.

"Hey yourself," Luke greeted. "Are you ready for this?"

A soft snort was the only answer that his twin gave him. "Is any parent ever ready for this?" she asked quietly.

"I don't know. Hopefully, it'll be many years before Ben does this to me."

That brought an outright laugh from Leia. "Dream on, big brother. I've seen the way he looks at Jysella Horn." The mirth faded from her face, dark eyes clouding over. "I hope Ben never does this to you," she said gesturing at the figure suspended in Bacta before them.

Luke slid his arm around Leia's shoulders, hugging her to him. Her grief and shame sung across their bond in the Force. Luke reached back, silently consoling.

"It's not your fault," Luke said quietly.

"I'm his mother. I brought him into the world, loved him and tried to teach him right from wrong. I obviously failed somewhere along the line. How is it not my fault?"

"I loved and taught him too, Leia."

His twin looked at him aghast. "I never meant to imply..."

"I know you didn't." Luke sighed. "We raised him right Leia. He's had all the same tracking data that the rest of us had, somehow he didn't pick the right target. Whether that's the fault of the Vong, Vergere or just damnable recessive Skywalker gene, I don't know." He sighed again, lifting his eyes from the anguished one's of his sisters to the battered and still form suspended in front of him. "And it's out of that love that we're going to try to save him."

"Oh Luke, no."

Luke looked down in surprise to his sister. Although her eyes swirled with grief unimaginable, there was also traces of the inner durasteel that had held her up in calamities past.

"It's too dangerous."

"Jaina didn't think it too dangerous."

"Jaina's almost as foolishly idealistic as you!" Leia huffed out, crossing her arms. "That Sever Force trick you taught her could have killed her."

"I didn't teach it to her Leia."

"Well, where'd she get the idea, then?" Leia's eyes narrrowed suspiciously.

"I don't know," Luke started.

"Liar." Leia cut in.

"I don't know. But she accomplished her mission. She eliminated Darth Caedus."

"Darth Caedus is hanging there in that bacta tank, Luke."

"No, Jacen Solo is in that tank. Because that's who Darth Caedus is without the Force. Just a

2. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
  3. Jedi_Latin_Student

Jedi_Latin_Student Jedi Master star 1

Mar 5, 2005
    Love it. :)

~Latin Geek

4. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    *blinks in disbelief*

That was fast!

Tell all your friends....:p

5. Trickster-Lead

Trickster-Lead Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    I loved it, really. It was lovely. More?

6. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excellent!

You should do Han Soontir and Jag. face_grin]

7. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
  8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oh, that was a wonderful start! I loved the Luke/Leia conversation -- perfectly in character. And the part at the end with Tenel Ka and Jaina and the dress had me giggling. It's just like Jaina not to want to wear a dress to her own wedding. :) Glad Tenel Ka and Leia talked her out of it, though. :p

This is going to be one awesome fic, I just know it. I love speculation fics, so if I could be on your PM list, that would be awesome! :D

=D=

9. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    Big [:D] to all that have read so far...I'll be back later with replies.

:D

10. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Beautifully done, I loved the interaction between Luke and Leia, and then the moment with Jaina Leia and Tenel Ka getting Jaina ready to marry a "space bum," (I loved Han's words!) was lovely. =D=

PM for me please? :)

11. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    I adore this! It's so sweet and, well, perfect. =D=

Please PM me when you update!

12. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    No, thank you, My Dear. The pleasure was all mine. :)

And, now, my formal review. :D

Luke Skywalker watched the body of his sister's child bounce gently in the viscous bacta. The life-saving fluid had done an impressive job of healing the assorted welts, cuts and bruises peppering the still form. However, the damage done to the spirit within....well, that was another matter entirely.

I like Luke's inner reflection and thoughts here.

He was so focused on the scene through the transparisteel and his involvement in instigating it that he almost missed sister's arrival at his side.

A soft snort was the only answer that his twin gave him. "Is any parent ever ready for this?" she asked quietly.

That brought an outright laugh from Leia. "Dream on, big brother. I've seen the way he looks at Jysella Horn." The mirth faded from her face, dark eyes clouding over. "I hope Ben never does this to you," she said gesturing at the figure suspended in Bacta before them.

Luke slid his arm around Leia's shoulders, hugging her to him. Her grief and shame sung across their bond in the Force. Luke reached back, silently consoling.

This is really good; I was hoping to get a similar scene between the two of them in Revelation, but didn't. Leia needs to know that he doesn't blame her and Han. I mean, I'm sure she does know, but she needs to hear it.

"I'm his mother. I brought him into the world, loved him and tried to teach him right from wrong. I obviously failed somewhere along the line. How is it not my fault?"

"I know you didn't." Luke sighed. "We raised him right Leia. He's had all the same tracking data that the rest of us had, somehow he didn't pick the right target. Whether that's the fault of the Vong or Vergere, I don't know." He sighed again, lifting his eyes from the anguished one's of his sisters to the battered and still form suspended in front of him. "And it's out of that love that we're going to try to save him."

"Oh Luke, no."

Luke looked down in surprise to his sister. Although her eyes swirled with grief unimaginable, there was also traces of the inner durasteel that had held her up in calamities past.

"It's too dangerous."

"Jaina's almost as foolishly idealistic as you!"

*nods* She can be.

Leia huffed out, crossing her arms. "That Sever Force trick you taught her could have killed her."

"Liar." Leia cut in.

I am rather anxious to see how that all works out.

"Darth Caedus in hanging there in that bacta tank, Luke."

"No, Jacen Solo is in that tank. Because that's who Darth Caedus is without the Force. Just a young man named Jacen Solo."

Very interesting Cyn, I like how you have Luke being much more forgiving to him than Le..very appropriate characterization for the Skywalker twins.

Leia closed her eyes against the sudden tears pricking her lids. "I was ready for him to die," she whispered. "I'd prepped myself to feel the agony I'd felt when Anakin died. I was ready." The tears that had threatened slipped past her closed lids. "I didn't know what to think when Jaina brought him back." A soft sob hiccoughed out. "I don't know Luke, I just don't know."

Luke enfolded her in his embrace. "You don't have to know today. I don't know today. I just k

13. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    J/J story! Yay!!!! =P~

He was so focused on the scene through the transparisteel and his involvement in instigating it that he almost missed his sister's arrival at his side.

I LOVE their interaction. After everything that has happened before this they can still banter with each other.

Keep dreaming Skywalker. You had a kid with Mara, it's all downhill from here.

"I know you didn't." Luke sighed. "We raised him right Leia. He's had all the same tracking data that the rest of us had, somehow he didn't pick the right target. Whether that's the fault of the Vong, Vergere or just damnable recessive Skywalker gene, I don't know." He sighed again, lifting his eyes from the anguished one's of his sisters to the battered and still form suspended in front of him. "And it's out of that love that we're going to try to save him."

Damn it, it's about time someone put it this way. Those are my thoughts exactly about the situation.=D=

"Oh Luke, no."

"It's too dangerous."

It's amazing that Luke still has that farmboy mentality this many years later. He always looks on the bright side and that's what makes him such a great leader.

Enter the first J!

"Jaina's almost as foolishly idealistic as you!" Leia huffed out, crossing her arms. "That Sever Force trick you taught her could have killed her."

"Liar." Leia cut in.

"Darth Caedus is hanging there in that bacta tank, Luke."

"No, Jacen Solo is in that tank. Because that's who Darth Caedus is without the Force. Just a confused and misguided young man named Jacen Solo."

Leia closed her eyes agains the sudden tears pricking her lids. "I was ready for him to die," she whispered. "I'd prepped myself to feel the agony I'd felt when Anakin died. I was ready." The tears that had threatened slipped past her closed lids. "I didn't know what to think when Jaina brought him back." A soft sob hiccoughed out. "I don't know Luke, I just don't know."

Luke enfolded her in his embrace. "You don't have to know today. I don't know today. I

14. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I like it! To my own surprise, because I don't like LOTF at all. But this promises to be interesting and, well, nice. You write Leia really well, actually, and it's great to see Jaina in more normal circumstances. Can you add me to the PM list, please?

15. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wow!!

I love this... [face_love]

Wonderful interactions between Luke and Leia and then the girls at the end.

Fantasically well written...=D=

I can't wait for more. May I have a PM please...:D
    [:D]

FL @};-

16. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    OMG! [face_love] I love it!!! :D Nice beginning, with Luke planning on somehow saving Jacen (which BTW I love... I hate that we went all evil. I used to love him! :( ) and Leia admitting that she had been ready for her son to die. :( It's so horrible that a mother would have to prepare for that. :(

But anyway, the preparing for the wedding was lovely! [face_love] I love that Tenel and Leia conspired to get Jaina a dress for it. [face_love] And Leia saying that they were both her daughters?? :_| Beautiful!

I wonder where all this leaves Tahiri...[face_worried]

Great job!!! :D Definitely excited to read more! :)

EDIT: Goodness! I have a foul mouth! :eek: [face_blush]

17. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Hah, hah...[face_laugh]

18. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    Piper *first*

Bah, it doesn't count, you had a head's up!

Jedi_Latin_Student Love it. Thanks

Trickster-Lead I loved it, really. It was lovely. More?

Thanks for thinking so and yes there is much more. I'll PM you on Thursday?

ccp Excellent!

You should do Han Soontir and Jag. I might, though it'll probably involve ale. As any male bonding should.

Solo_and_Fel Sweet. :D

Idrelle_Miocovani Oh, that was a wonderful start! I loved the Luke/Leia conversation -- perfectly in character. And the part at the end with Tenel Ka and Jaina and the dress had me giggling. It's just like Jaina not to want to wear a dress to her own wedding. Glad Tenel Ka and Leia talked her out of it, though.

*sighs* I was really worried about L/L coming off "weird". Glad to see they worked! I have a picture in my mind of Jaina and Jag trying to sneak off to get hitched and being shanghaied into party clothes and a reception by their families.

This is going to be one awesome fic, I just know it. I love speculation fics, so if I could be on your PM list, that would be awesome!

Awesome. Really? Now my head's going to explode! But I'll PM you, no probs!

And may I say that I love "This Time Around?"

Aiel Beautifully done, I loved the interaction between Luke and Leia, and then the moment with Jaina Leia and Tenel Ka getting Jaina ready to marry a "space bum," (I loved Han's words!) was lovely.

I got the space bum thing from Karen Traviss, I can't take orginal credit. What can I say, she made me laugh.

PM for me please?

Sure thing.

MarasFire I adore this! It's so sweet and, well, perfect.

*points up to previous comment about oversize head* Thank you so much!

Please PM me when you update!

Sure thing.

Piper [:D]

Yes, Luke is the thinker of the bunch. It cost him too much in his youth not to be.
    Yes...we need more twin time in this LOTF. I was worried about characterizing them correctly. I've never done Luke or Leia, but I do them as his mother's son and her father's daughter. Sorry, no toast, but I did give you another present. I'm glad somebody else picked up what I did during that whole Jag/Luke/Mara scene in Exile. I don't think it was an accident he ran into Jaina on the way out. I tried to base the "getting ready scene" on my own wedding day. Much hilarity ensued there, as evidence of way too many pictures of me in my knickers. I really tried to bring across Jaina's inner-girl. And if this made you cry, then holy cow, it musta been a flood with the next part!

jadesabre75 Keep dreaming Skywalker. You had a kid with Mara, it's all downhill from here.

Yes, I don't think Luke has any clue. Anakin Skywalker's "Lady's Man" gene has to go to someone!

Damn it, it's about time someone put it this way. Those are my thoughts exactly about the situation.

I think that if they kill Jacen, it's all been a waste of paper. Except the J/J bits of course!

Now there's a mental image!

If you'd like and are of age, there's a really good mental image with the next post.[face_blush]

Wedge is always the voice of reason...well not always but most of the time.

Actually I was talking about Iella, but don't worry Wedge turns up.

Iverna I like it! To my own surprise, because I don't like LOTF at all. But this promises to be interesting and, well, nice. You write Leia really well, actually, and it's great to see Jaina in more normal circumstances. Can you add me to the PM list, please?

Wow, you read this and you don't like LOTF. I'm flattered. And I'll PM you for sure!

Flowerlady Wow!! [face_blush]

I love this... :eek: [face_blush]

Wonderful interactions between Luke and Leia and then the girls at the end.

Really? Well then, missi

19. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Oooo! Oooo! I'm of age! I'm of age! Well,at least physically. Mentally, you don't want to know. LOL 32 years right here!!!!

20. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Geez, I'm 32 to. But I've already had my b-day this year, what about you Sab? [face_batting]

:p

Sab, is older....Sab is older...;)

21. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh I love those types of PMs...[face_blush]

I'm definitely of age...38... After October I'm having no more birthdays!!![face_not_talking]

FL @};-

22. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Hey Piper!!!

:p

My bday is in May so yes, I'm older than you. At least physically.

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    And may I say that I love "This Time Around?"

Awww, thank you! [:D] [:D]

I'll be eighteen in a couple of months, but I think I'll pass on the PMed part. ;) They're not exactly my favourite things to read. :p

24. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008

Oh, that's okay.[:D] Just wait until you're old and married like the rest of us. Then you'll live for the PM's.[face_laugh]

Eighteen, really? I would NOT have guess from your writing.

Anyways, I'll be back later with the post. I first must wrestle Darth Toddler into bed!

25. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I love this. Great characterizations of everyone.

I don't usually quote sections, but this was my favorite part

I could absolutely see her doing that. As a matter of fact, I'm surprised she didn't elope to avoid all the ceremony and stuff.

I also really liked that Leia considers Tenel Ka to be a daughter.

Please add me to your PM list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.