main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Reluctant Princess (post Invincible J/J AU) Get the Defibrilator! It's New Post Dec10/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by canadianjedimama, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bump!! [face_love] the compulsive sponge [face_laugh] ;)

2. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Hello All,

First of all, I want to apologize. I've let this story languish, although that was not my intent. I had some issues crop up and they needed to be delt with before I could continue writing. Now that everything is resolved, I will be continuing on with this story. It's going to take me a few weeks to get back into "Reluctant Princess" frame of mind, but I'm going to work hard to get a post to you all as soon as possible.

Heartfelt thanks go to everyone who PM'd to say "Hey, where's this story gone?". It was nice to know that people missed it. Huge e-hugs and my undying gratitude go to those who offered their unconditional support recently and provided much needed morale boosts. Angels really do exist. :)

As always, if you want on or off my PM list, just ask.

Thanks,

Cyn (aka canadianjedimama)

Okay, enough with the mushy stuff. Now for long overdue author replies. :D

carr: I'm glad you're enjoying the posts! I'm tickled pink that you find my Jacen and the kiddo's believable. The kids are really hard to get just right. I'll put you on the list and see you soon!

melino: Yeah, nobody expected Jacen. I love it! And any good husband should know when his wife needs him. All will be revealed in good time. Thanks for reading.

Iverna: I'm glad you like the fact that Jacen and Jaina are sharing the dream. Even though they're no longer connected by the Force, they're still tethered together through nine months in the womb, however much Jaina doesn't like it.

Thanks for the name suggestion. :D

Wes: Holy Sith! It is Jacen!

Language, young man. :p

My first question is, why the white hair?

The Dark Side is hell on your boyish good looks?

My second question is, what is he doing on Ossus?

It's where the Jedi hang out in my fic. They still have the temple on Coruscant, but Ossus is home base. *points at Legacy*

Might make a good practice dummy for Jaina though

Be nice. [face_shame_on_you]

That pretty much sums it up

I thought so.

Why do I not trust a thing he says?

Because you don't love Jacen like I do. [face_not_talking]

I'm guessing this means Jacen returning to the Force, but I also thinks it means Jacen dying when he does.

*ding ding* Give the boy a prize.

Can't wait to see what's next and what Jaina's dream is really about. Who the heck is this boy?

It's coming. I promise. You'll find out soon.

Thanks for reading, Wes. [:D]

Sara: Oh I liked Jacen in this...very well done.

*bows* Thank you very much.

But now I'm more worried than before about that dream...
    *evil laugh*

And the end was perfect.

*bows*

Oh and don't forget to PM me the special version...

Of course I won't forget...

As for a name...I have a question first. Will Jacen be dead before the baby's born? If he is, what about Jacina

Jacen will be alive when Jaina's baby is born [face_devil]

Draconarius: No, we haven't seen the last of Jacen yet. At least here. But, he's done in profic, unless you know of a way to counteract a traumatic severing of torso from legs.

*Monty Python's Black Knight pops to mind here*

[face_laugh]

You're on the PM list. See you soon.

Solo and Fel: Jacen and creepy, two words that go together nicely. :D Thanks for reading!

dancinut1080: Glad you like the story and I'll add you to the list. Thanks for reading.

Jade: Hi there you! Thanks for reading! [:D]

That's quite a list of things you like/love about this fic. I'm humbled. I'm also ecstatic that Jag is now on your boo-list with Luke. They're both on mine ;)

You're on the PM list! [face_thinking] I might have a job for you... let me think about it and I'll PM you.

:D Thanks for the ups!

NightSword: So

3. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Can't wait to see this up and running again..Cyn...

[:D]

Sara

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yay Cyn! I have been missing this. [:D]

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Yay, glad to hear this! Can't wait for it to be back! [:D]

6. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
  7. NightSword

NightSword Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2008
    [:D] Yay! Glad to see you're back!

8. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    [image=http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn164/jadesabre75/funny-pictures-kitten-is-excited-ab.jpg]

Woot!

9. dancinut1080

dancinut1080 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    WOOT WOOT!! It's back! :D
    Can't wait to see the new post CJM

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, I'm WAYYYYY behind. Sorry!

I read these posts earlier and didn't get to leave a response. Oops. [ face_blush] Anyway, LOVING this!
    [ i]
    Then he spoke softly but it carried across the clearing with little difficulty. "Hello Jaina."

Her master took a few long steps forward holding her hands out to her children. Both of them scrambled to their feet, rushing forward to take her hands. When Jaina had both the children firmly in hand, she locked eyes with the man. "Hello Jacen."

So this was her Master's brother. Oddly enough, he didn't look like a Sith Lord. Simply like a kindly old uncle. Sereina knew him to be the same age as her master but he looked a decade older. Besides the shock of pure white hair atop his head, his face and eyes were worn deeply with lines. Jacen Solo, the former Darth Caedus, looked to be about fifty standard years old. Jaina looked positively girlish standing next to him.

Jaina bent down, drawing Mariah and Davin around in front of her, looking deep into their eyes. Sereina could feel her caressing and reassuring them through the Force. "I need you to go with Sereina now," she said it quietly, her eyes never leaving their faces. "No arguments."

Both children, seeming to sense the seriousness of the situation but not understanding it, simply nodded. "Yes Mama." [/i]

There was a lot of good stuff, but I really liked this scene.

11. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    Flowerlady, Jag4Me, Idrelle_Miocovani, Piper, NightSword, jadesabre75, and dancinut1080... Thank you so much for such an enthusiastic response. I'm doing my best to get this next bit hashed out. It's outlined...:D...but the details are proving to be a bear.

Just for a quick recap/spoiler, it'll include Sereina's knighting ceremony, a little party and a surprise decision and invitation.

[face_mischief]

Vader: Okay, I'm WAYYYYY behind. Sorry! I read these posts earlier and didn't get to leave a response. Oops. [face_blush]

It's okay. [:D] DRL gets us all sometimes. How'd the move go and how's your new little Vader? Her pics were very cute!

Anyway, LOVING this!

Thank you so much! And thank you for reading and replying.

[face_peace]CJM

12. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    :eek: [face_dancing]

Cyn -[:D] I just adore you and this story or I wouldn't tease you.
    I'm thrilled it's coming together and cannot wait to read. You deserve the
    big box of Godiva that you need a key to figure out all the fillings.

Have an awesome weekend!

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    :D

We're all ecstatically happy to hear that, Cyn! [face_dancing] We shall throw a big party and have many lamingtons and shower the thread with confetti. Right? [face_batting]

14. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    Connie: I know. [:D]

Idri: Get your lamingtons ready.:D New post is ready. As soon as I get it back from my new super-secret partner in crime[face_love]... I'll post it. :p

15. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
  16. canadianjedimama

Jan 28, 2008
    A small little postlet to help us segue over to the next part of this fic! [face_smile] Hope you enjoy and thanks for being so patient.

THE FORESTED GROUNDS
    OUTSIDE THE JEDI TEMPLE
    OSSUS

46 ABY

The procession of hooded figures stepped silently through the silvery moonlight. The small group was silent as they proceeded through the darkened trees. Their pace was set by the short figure at the head of the column moved like smoke through the gloom.

The figure in the centre of the procession walked forward, head bent and hands clasped in front. If anyone had been able to peer upwards under the darkened hood, they would have seen the face of a heartbreakingly beautiful young woman, calm and without fear. Ruby lips moving silently and her eyes were closed as if in prayer. Even though her mind was obviously elsewhere, her sure step never faltered.

The wraith at the head of the column stepped through a break in the trees and led the group into a small clearing in the woods. The full silvery moon overhead provided perfect, clear light as it moved to its zenith.

At another unspoken signal, the hooded figures stepped out from their lose processional line and encircled the slight form standing still under the moonlight. There was not a sound from any of them, simply the music of the forest at night to provide the accompaniment for this momentous occasion.

The short figure that had led the procession through the woods raised its hands and pushed the hood back. The still-boyish features of Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker looked even younger than usual in the moonlight.

He did not break the circle or raise his voice, but every being in the clearing heard his words without trouble.

"We come here tonight to welcome another one of the Force's children into the ranks of her Protector's. Are you ready to assume your responsibility?"

Thin hands rise and push back the hood of the figure in the centre of the circle. The celestial light glints silver off of her pale blond hair and sparkles in her blue eyes.

"Yes, Master, I am." Sereina Draco answers in a strong, clear voice. Without a sound, she drops gracefully to her knees.

Smiling faintly, Luke steps forward, breaking the line to stand in front of her. The Grand Master's azure eyes lock onto the wide and confident eyes of the apprentice kneeling before him. Overhead, the moon moves into perfect position overhead.

"As one day moves into the next, so does the apprentice become the master. Sereina Draco, you have been called here by the destiny demanded of you by the Force. Are you ready to answer it's call?"

"Yes, Master."

"Do you swear to follow the will of the Force wherever it may lead you?"

"Yes, Master."

"And you will do your duty to uphold justice and freedom for all beings, regardless of your differences?"

"Yes, Master." After a slight paused of indrawn breath, she continues to speak.

"Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
    Jedi use their powers to defend and to protect.
    Jedi respect all life, in any form.
    Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
    Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.
    This is my solemn vow."

At an unseen signal from the leader, the group draws their lightsabre and the blades flare to life. Brillant azures, stunning greens, incandescent violets, silvery whites and a single blade the colour of cadmium yellow. As one, young and old, the voices began to recite,

"There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no death, there is the Force. "

For a long moment there is nothing but silence. Then the Grand Master intones softly, "Rise, Jedi Knight Sereina Draco. May the Force be with you. Always."

TWO DAYS LATER

The setting sun streaked magnificent swaths of purples and pinks across the sky. In a small meditation garden on the upper levels of the Jedi Temple, four people stood grou

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome knighting ceremony. :D The wedding was wonderful. Loved Kyp's blend of teasing friend and serious officiator ;) The vows and ring were splendid. :) Reception was great--like Sereina's POV a lot

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Second! [face_dancing]

*[Place holder]* :D

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Loved Serenia's knighting ceremony. Beautiful!

In a small meditation garden on the upper levels of the Jedi Temple, four people stood grouped in front of a tall dark haired man dressed in the robes of a Jedi Master wearing a most un-Master like grin.

"In traditional hanfasting there are only two witness, Sereina and Zekk have asked you both here to witness the promises they make to each other today," Kyp Durron said to Jagged and Jaina Fel. The Fels stood on either side of the betrothed pair, wide smiles one each of their faces. "That I understand. Why they asked me to do this for them, I'll never get."

You know Kyp is almost just too perfect for this role? I really love him throughout the entire wedding -- I think Jade_eyes put it best, teasing friend and serious officiator. :D

Loved the rest of the wedding, the vows were beautiful. Loved the Corellian tradition of exchanging the rings, too, adds a very nice touch. :)

"Oh, I forgot," Kyp said, grinning shamelessly at Jag and Jaina. Zekk and Sereina continued on, mindless of the audience. "You may kiss the bride."

*snort*

[face_laugh]

Oh, that was too priceless!

Great reception, too. You know, you really do write awesome weddings! :D [:D]

=D=

20. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Every Jedi knows to pull the net in at a wedding.

Ha! I'll bet.[face_laugh]:p

Great post!:D

21. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I'll be back. [:D]

Welcome back, my dear. ;)

Edit: Beautiful wedding, very romantic and Zekk is so deserving of it. As the BIGGEST Antares Draco fan breathing air, I really like these two together. [:D]

22. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    The knighting ceremony is beautiful! Very nice touch to have it outside under the stars.=D=
    Kyp does a very romantic wedding! [face_love]

I've always remembered Valin's musical talent from when he was little and playing on the Errant Venture.
    Very nice touch to bring that into the story!!=D= =D=

Do we get a peek at the honeymoon?[face_mischief]

Great work, Cyn!![:D]

23. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Yeah baby! It's back! Great entrance my dear. Of course I loved the wedding ceremony. Typical Kyp! Great job...but why is there no PM version? o_O

24. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Awwww... [face_love]

Excuse me while I go try to work through all that lovely mushiness.

Beautiful, CJM. Absolutely beautiful.

Draco.

25. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Awesome wedding! I loved the fact that it was low-key- totally Zekk!!

Thanks for the PM! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.