main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Rendezvous- The Official Social Thread of the Memphis Fan Force

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    If you like to talk to tomatoes, if a squash can make you smile....

I adore the Veggietales. At last, Christian entertainment that isn't mind-numbingly boring or a complete insult to childrens' intelligence.

And after the movie, we could all go to STUFF MART!!!!

Oh, and my arm is kinda sore today. And so is my wallet. I went to court today for my accident. Talk about scary. Who the hell needs a haunted house when you have 201 Poplar!!! So, as if totalling my car wasn't punishment enough, they fined me 150 smackers.

Now there's an idea, Traci!!! Putt-putt.

Nice to see you here, Obi-Reb!!

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    OK- To reiterate what Rhonda said at the bowling alley on Sunday- AOTC: IMAX will be at the Opry Mills IMAX in Nashville, and tickets can be bought online, as far as I know....

so..

Anyone up for a road trip?

3. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I'm game...however, seating is limited in a Dodge Neon SXT. :(
    You guys wanna do this next month? How long is AOTC running at IMAX?

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Well, waddayaknow! We just got a minivan, LOL!!

Emma would LOVE to go see the VeggieTales movie!! We used to take her to ALL the kiddie flicks and had a blast! She's missed a lot of them this summer because of her baby sister and I feel bad about that. Just let us know what day/time is good.

5. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Dude, I'm up for Veggie Tales. Funny stuff!! Anybody heard the "Cheeseburger Song"? Man, I laughed my tail off when I heard that one!! :)

A road trip would be cool. Has anybody heard which 20 minutes they shaved off of the movie????

6. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    What I heard is that they shaved a couple seconds here, a minute there, until it added up to 20 minutes, supposedly you'll barely be able to tell that it's gone. I'm all for the road trip, sound slike a blast.

Veggie tales is pretty sweet, though I haven't seen that many of them.

7. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I don't care that they took out 20 minutes as long as it's taken from that stupid "picnic-in-the-field-hey-Padme-watch-me-jump-on-this-thing-and-ride-it" scene.

8. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    lol, I'll second that.

9. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    It sure is raining like crazy outside. Does anyone know when it's supposed to let up?

10. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    The rain should be outta here by Friday morning, Brit.

11. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Man, I love it when it rains!! But, I hate to drive in it!!

Oh, funny story. I was at work today (B&N), and saw a copy of Hamlet in Klingon!! What in the world!!!! It's real title is Khamlet!!! :p Is armageddon close or what!!! It has an intorduction to the citizens of the Federation!!! It is inter-linear with english on one side, and Klingon on the other!! I laughed my tush off!!! And guess what, that was the only copy of Hamlet we have in the store!!!Too bad!!!

12. jay-ray-me

jay-ray-me Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2002
  13. jay-ray-me

jay-ray-me Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2002
    Hey you guys it's Jeremy.I'm down for a road trip and I totally agree abuot the picnic scene.I'm down for Veggie Tales to.

14. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Hey Jeremy!! What's up dog?!

15. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    They could take the whole picnic scene and the droid factory too, the C3PO bit was so lame!!!!

I am definitely up for a road trip! As my yungun is 14 I have no idea what a veggie tale is........ :p so I'll probably pass on the movie, but I'll go out if you guys do that afterwards.

16. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I wouldn't mind them cutting "this is such a drag" that was just a corny punch line. *sigh*

17. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I got to agree with you there Smokem. Present day lingo in SW was kind of weird.

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Actually, they could pretty much cut all of the dialogue and it would improve the film tremendously.

OY!! What a week. Traci and I just spent the past couple of days at LeBonheur with Rachel, and we just got back home. We're exhausted, but our child is doing a thousand percent better.

19. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Well, I don't know about ALL the dialogue...there were two or three good lines.
    Glad Rachel is doing better. I can't say enough good things about LeBonheur and the people they have there.
    I guess everybody's busy this weekend...these boards sure have been quiet the past couple of days.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Everyone must be busy- all the places in the JC that I frequent are just as dead. Either that or this is some sort of Omega Man thing, Steve, meaning you and I are now the only people left in the JC and everyone else has just inexplicably vanished.

And I have to vanish, too. I've got to clear the way so the carpet goombahs can do that voodoo that they do on Tuesday.

Oh, and I forgot to post this yesterday, like a schmuck. So, here goes....

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, TRACI!!!!

21. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Looks like we are the last of the Council, Tim. So much power...so little time.

Sure wish we'd known about your birthday, Traci. Why the big secret?!...LOL
    Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

We went to our wild and crazy Wal-Mart tonight and picked up fabric and material for my costume. Sherri's still having a hard time deciding what costume to make for herself. I've decided to go the easy way and make a Jedi costume. Or rather, Sherri will be making the costume. She's the seamstress of the bunch. I'm helping out alot, though. I'm getting up from the couch from watching football to let her measure me and stuff. It's the least I could do.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!! By the way, would you guys like to go see "JONAH: The VeggieTales Movie" this Saturday night. I have to work til about 3 that afternoon but we should be able to make it down there for a 7 or 7:30 showing or something. I'm also dying to see "The Transporter". I've been waiting a while on that one to come out.

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks to the crap of the past month, I haven't even begun to work on my costume!!! So, if you show up and find Darth Maul instead of Darth Vader, you'll know that Darth Real Life got the best of me this year- especially when everything extraneous from my entire house is now piled in my dining room so the folks can lay the new carpet on Tuesday. After the events of this past month, I may just trade in my costuming hobby for a new one: Alcoholism!

I dunno about this Saturday, Steve. If I get to costume, this weekend's going to be my only opportunity.

23. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I understand, Tim...not a problem. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

24. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey guys and gals! I just thought I'd drop in to see how things are going. I do have to remind folks that I'm still among the living. ;)

I hope everyone is doing well.

And I thought the picnic scene was okay, up until the "Sound of Music/Watch Me Ride This Giant Tick-Looking thing" part. :p

25. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    This reminds me of a song. Good luck with the costumes guys. I got the material for mine bought, just got to cut and sew now.