main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Rendezvous- The Official Social Thread of the Memphis Fan Force

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 6, 2002.

1. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    It must be some sort of survival test like Battle Royale. Last fanboy standing survives!

And going off topic, there are few things on earth more maddening than a effing broken laptop key! :mad:

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Funny thing? It'll actually be 10+ degrees COOLER in Orlando this week than it will be here. Oh, how I envy their high of 91. :p

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Elvis Week is upon us again. Pool on EP fans dropping from the heat?

And wow, 91 sounds so cool. I only got a couple hours of painting in this weekend on Sat/Sun mornings before it got too hot for me. Sunday morning wasn't overcast so that sun was hitting the garage pretty hard.

4. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Should the pool be "C5 vs. Elvis Week - which one collects the highest body count"?

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    There will be a lot of folks from cooler parts of the world at both, so it could be a toss-up.

It was only 90 degrees the past couple of nights, which made it perfect for going outside to mow the lawn and work on the car. 90 seems like a cold spell lately.

BTW- I was checking out the Celebration V Schedule and feeling much better about not wasting my money on going. It's rather meh. Socializing with our buds, again, would be the highlight of going to Celebration instead of the convention itself.

6. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I am jealous as hell, and hate them all. :(

Dammit, I'm going to the next one!!!! If there's a next one. Who am I kidding? Of course there will be a next one.

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    THIS.

If I had an extra dime to my name, I swear I'd hop in the car and drive down there. :(

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    16 hours behind the wheel each way... I dunno, Trace...

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Me, too, girl! Me, too! I wanna be there... :_|

10. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
  11. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    That's really wild, JD. I wish we had a more expansive trolley and tram system. As of now, it's limited to the tourist areas in Downtown Memphis and in one stretch of Midtown that used to be the heart of the medical center. (That project came about 15 years too late.) As it is, public transportation in Memphis isn't very convenient, which is why just about everyone has a car. They've argued back and forth for the past 30 years over building a light rail system of some sort to encompass all of the suburb cities of Memphis, but it's always been mired down in politics. (Translation: No one is getting the kickback they want to make it go forward.)

Ah, it would've all been gravy if only we'd elected Basil Marceaux. :oops:

12. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    We would have had good dental, anyway.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And we would all have guns to go with those great teeth if only Basil Marceaux would've won, Rhonda.

----------------------------

I'm craving purple Kool-Aid.

[image=http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n138/Krisangelface/Kool-AidDrinker.jpg]

It's probably a good thing we're out of it, because I definitely don't need to be drinking it if I'm trying to lose weight. But sometimes, you just can't beat a good glass of purple drink.

14. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    So far it looks like 15-16 people have died from the heat hear this summer...yikes!

15. Darth_RobDog

Darth_RobDog Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    It has been posted on Twitter that the Star Wars movies will finally be released on Blu-Ray in 2011.

16. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    [random]

Dude, I hit 10,000 posts and didn't even notice until I saw the big-ass star beside my name.

Woot? ;) :p

[/random]

17. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    Only 10k?? Still got a way to go to catch me up! :p

18. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    Ten thousand???!!!?? Bloody hell...... I've been here ten years and still haven't knock over the 1000 mark..

Congratulations on the star Trace!! Well done!!

19. JD Jedi

Feb 21, 2000
    In the light of Sarah Palin gaining more support (and the apocalyptic predictions of Nostradamus just starting to ring in the back of my head....), I've got a quick question.

Who the HELL are the Tea Party????????

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm not sure that even the Tea Party can define who they are, JD! Each chapter seems to advertise what exactly they represent differently. I heard an article on National Public Radio this morning with two chapters- one from Texas and another from Mississippi- talk about their groups and neither one agreed on what was most important as far as their agenda and ideals.

21. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
  22. Darth_RobDog

Darth_RobDog Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2004
    It looks like I'm going to be unemployed at the end of the month. I'm joining the club.

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Dang, Rob! Sorry to hear that, dude!

And they said today that the recession ended over a year ago. Are these economists the same ones that worked at Goldman-Sachs?

24. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Yikes, Rob. Sorry to hear that.

The job market is a scary place right now. I thank all the heavens above each night that both Mike and I are employed, and that we stay that way because you just never know.

This tea party thing is a frightening thing indeed. Mad, angry rednecks talking race war...

25. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Sorry, Robert. I'll let you know if I see any jobs you might be interested in.

I swear we need to have an exorcism in this group to kick out the bad work demons.