main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Rendezvous- The Official Social Thread of the Memphis Fan Force

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Actually I think you have to go to Pier 1138. Just if anyones interested heres the link that shows some of the other jedi in the arena. http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020903.html

2. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Naw, I got it at Bed Bath and Banthas. :D

3. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I don't know about you Chris, but I'd hate to be in a bed, or take a bath with a bantha. ;) *shivers*

4. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey, I bought "Traitor" today. Gonna try and catch up! :D

Has anybody read the "Infinities" SW comic for ANH? I read it at the bookstore today, and it was pretty neat. Kinda like an alternate story of ANH. I'm gonna see if I can find more of those. :cool:

5. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I have issue # 2,3, &4 of the ANH infinities. There is also suppose to be an Empire strikes back one, but I haven't found it yet.

If you are a fett fan at all you'll want to check out the openseasons storyline. Its four issues about jango's origons and the end of the Mandalores.

6. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hmmm, I didn't know there was more than one!! Man, I've gotta get those. One of my favorite comic books was the "What If..." series by Marvel. It's the same thing!! Sweet!! :D

7. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I love the what if comics. One of my favorites has the fantastic four playing the roles of dorthy and her friends in the wizard of Oz.

8. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    My favorite would have to be What If Wolverine was lord of the vampires? Man, that was a cool one. Then they went even farther with What If Wolverine was lord of the vampires during Inferno? He he, even better!!! :D

Star Wars and what if, cool.

9. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    definetly, thats why i also like Star Wars Tales, because their like a what if. You've got Darth Maul vs. Darth Vader. Boba fett being saved from the Sarlacc by Tag & Bink. stuff like that.

10. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Yeah, there was a SW tales that had Vader not having 3po melted down and let him live. Pretty neat.
    The R2-D4, Jedi droid story was pretty funny. But you almost wanted to tear up at the end!!! :(

11. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I missed that one i think. But I did hear about the R2 jedi once.

12. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Check out the "Vader Time cartoon. hilarious!!!
    Vader Cartoon

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    OK- I detect a field trip in The Force. Attack of the Clones IMAX version opens Nov 1st. Now, the question is, will either the Pink Palace or Muvico at Peabody Place feature it, and if not, who do we have to hound to death to make them show it?

14. sheja_mamid

sheja_mamid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2001
    Pasta anyone??????? We have plenty. I think I may have gone a little overboard in my pasta preparation. It was great to meet all of you yesterday. We are looking forward to the next meeting. Ok...Traci and Rhonda...we have to start working on our costumes..we don't want these guys upstaging us.......hehe.
    Sherri -----Steja's wife :)

15. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Hi y'all! It was great meeting everyone Sunday! Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye, but the baby had been good as long as she could stand it and needed a break & some A/C, LOL. :)

LOL, Sherri! Cookies anyone???? [face_laugh]

I scanned some pictures of our SW Halloween costumes. Tim made them all from scratch. (I included the Buzz costume because it was the most elaborate...although the Amidala was awesome with the lighted globes at the bottom.)

Star Wars costumes by Tim

QGT's WELCOME TO THE RENDEVOUS- WET OR DRY? POLL!!!

1) How often do you run into complete strangers who happen to also be Star Wars fans? Where do you often find such people?

What Tim said.....and all the weird looks I get from the teenage boys working at Waldenbooks when I buy SW novels, LOL.

2) Do you collect SW merchandise?

If books count, yes.

3) The obligitory question: In order from most favorite to least, how would you rank the Star Wars films?

ANH, ESB, ROTJ, AOTC, TPM

4) Name a non-Star Wars movie you absolutely love.

Miss Congeniality It's on cable this month and I watch it all the time, LOL.

5) Do you consider Memphis a "city-on-the-move", or just an "overgrown one-horse town"? What do you love most about Memphis? What do you absolutely hate about Memphis?

I like the history. I hate the lack of vision beyond anything that isn't a professional ball team.

6) Name the SW costume you drool over. (And guys, we all already know you drool over Leia in the Slave Girl metal bikini thingee. That's a given. I'm talking about a costume you really want for yourself. And if you happen to want said slave girl outfit for yourself, then, please, keep it to yourself! Hehehehe.)

Liam Neeson.....Ewan McGregor....'nuff said. :D

Seriously, I love all the Amidala garb, but the headpieces would have to go.

7) Choose your Jedi Master: Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu, or Yoda.

Gotta be Luke Skywalker!

8) Have you ever been coon hunting?

No.

9) If you could meet any one person from any time period, who would that one person be?

Jesus

10) So, is Lando Calrissian really as suave as he thinks he is?

Probably....if there's enough brandy involved, LOL!

~Traci

16. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hmmm, IMAX. I thought I read that they weren't going to put it on IMAX at all??!?!? :( I may be wrong. I hope so.

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Check the blurb in the Holonet News thingee below, Chris. I've already emailed both Muvico and the Pink Palace for info. Maybe if enough of us bombard them with emails, it'll sway them to bring it in. And maybe if we bribe all of our friends and loved ones to help us out, then...well, the more the merrier.

Sherri: Traci making costumes, hmmmm......Is it wrong for me to laugh? I'm the costumer in this house, and I have plenty of needle pricks and burns from soldering guns and hot glue guns to prove it!!!! Hehehehehehe. The Vader costume you see in the pics was hastily thrown together and never finished. I used up all of my time making Emma's Buzz Lightyear costume and Traci's Jedi robes, both of which I improvised without a pattern or any sewing experience. Traci's idea of costuming is writing a check at Party City. Me, I can never do anything the easy way. Last year was the first time in years that I had a store-bought costume. I got one of those inflatable Sumo outfits. It gave me an idea for an inflatable Jabba outfit, though.

18. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    I think I'm gonna go for the Tusken Raider. :D
    So nobody take my idea or I'll bust ya' with my gaffi stick!!! :p

I'll e-mail the PP and muvico and see what happens!!

19. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Hey guys...sorry I wasn't on much tonite. I was catching up on my Sopranos episodes. Qui-Gon Tim, you really need to check it out sometime, especially if you enjoy Six Feet Under.

Wow, the IMAX, huh? I didn't think that was ever gonna happen. Get me the email address somehow, and I'll bombard 'em.

As far as costumes go...I've never wore a costume in my life with the exception of one Halloween. I only went trick or treatin' once. I hated it for some reason. Oh well, guess I'd better start lookin' for a costume to buy. Yes Tim, I said buy. I hate needles...just ask Sherri...she had to give me a couple of shots once.

Chris, I found the Zahn Trilogy on eBay for like $3.50 or something...that sounded pretty good to me. I've been reading my copy of Shadows of the Empire...it's starting to suck me in...slowly. I'm takin' it slow. Ya see, when I read...I fall asleep, so it's taking me a long time just to finish a couple of pages.

Well, it's gettin' late...gotta get up early in the mornin'. See you guys here tomorrow...crap...it IS tomorrow. I gotta get some sleep.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    God help me. I can't sleep, and I've somehow started looking for Graflex and Heiland flashguns (on ebay) to make authentic lightsabers from. Why am I even bothering myself with this? And then, of course, I just had to come across this site that sells, and tells you how to make, the lightsabers complete with some fantastic, and realistic, blades.

Why must I torture myself.....?

And why must it cost $1800 to purchase one that's already completed?

And why must it only run about 1/4 of that price to build one?

And why can't I just win the friggin lottery so I can buy one? (Hey, I win the friggin lottery and we're ALL getting one!!)

OK, I'm going to go and try this sleep concept again.

Here I go...

Goodnight.

I hope.

21. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Gosh, I actually went to sleep early last night!! :D Man, those lighsabres are high online, but $1800?!?!?!? Good grief, was it Mace Windu's that is gold plated?!?!?! Man, the most expensive ones that I have seen are about $400. Oh yeah, I found a site that tells me how to make a gaffi stick!!!!

22. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    this is the lightsaber I want. http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/08/news20020829.html and its only $129.00

very cool looking. I think I am going to make me some corellian jedi robes, like coran in I, Jedi. The hard part will be finding a lightsaber and boots.

Star Wars on Imax would be awesome, send me the email and I'll start bombarding them from like a hundred yahoo emails :p.

BTW sorry I haven't been on at night, we are having revival at my church and I've been getting home late.

23. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I had instructions on making a lightsaber at one time...don't know what happened to them. I was all ready to make one...bought my little piece of steel pipe...and that was it. I never got around to buying the rest of the stuff. But I was thinking...we could all make one!! I'll try to find those instructions again. It didn't sound too difficult...just takes a little time.
    I was thinking of making a Royal Guard costume...doesn't seem to be that much to it. I think the hardest part is getting the staff to look right. What do you guys think?

24. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    the royal gurad would be cool. I found some info for making a lightsaber but it you needed parts like a WWII british hand grenade and that was where I said, Huh? I might make myself one out of pvc pipe, that would be cool, I'd just have to paint it.

25. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I've been looking at Royal Guard websites with instructions and stuff...it's not as easy at it looks. Don Post is no longer making the helmets, but you can find them on eBay between $70 and $300. Yeah, like I got that kind of green to throw around.
    I've also thought about the X-Wing Pilot costume...but I don't know. I don't have a lot of time to work on something like that.