The Rendezvous- The Official Social Thread of the Memphis Fan Force

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Bowling? Uh oh. This would be the point where I would become the brunt of jokes in Tim's family - they all bowl...play on leagues even...I can barely manage granny style. [face_blush]

Sherri? Rhonda? Maybe we can shop, LOL! :)

I had the weirdest dream last night. We had all made little flyers advertising our Memphis Fan Force forum here and were distributing them around SW-related merchandise to recruit members: like going to Waldenbooks and B&N and putting the hand-outs inside all the SW novels and hanging them on bathroom walls at theaters that are showing AOTC. Anyone ever go canvasing with a church group? Something like that, LOL!! That's what I get for eating pizza right before bed. [face_laugh]
  2. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    The flyers in the bookstore I can see...but the theater bathroom walls? Yuck! The women's room maybe...but in the men's room, you can stick 'em to the wall without having to use any tape.
  3. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Oh, yeah. You are right about that one, Steve. Men's bathrooms are nothing more than caves with urinals.
  4. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am totally game for some bowling, great idea. It would be cool to have a clear ball like Tim was talking about but with an x wing or Darth Vaders helmet in it. Better yet, Boba Fett's. The fan force flyers might not be that bad of an idea. It would efinetly help spread the word. I have to agree with you guys on the bath roooms. I use to refinish floors of local buiness's as a side job. One of the places did we had to do the girls restroom. I was shocked. Not only did it not smell bad, but it had a little sitting room with a small couch and magazines. We definetly get the short end on that one.

Tim Don't feel bad about your golf game, My dad and his side of the family is all about the golfing. My scores are always so pitiful, however I take consolation in the fact that I at least look good when I'm playing.
  5. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess I'd have to say my putting was my biggest problem. I do okay until I get to that castle door that goes up and down.
    Changing the subject, has anyone seen the movie "The Count Of Monte Cristo"? Oh man!! I love this movie! Two big 'ol thumbs up from Steja on this one. This is the best movie I've seen all year, excluding AOTC for obvious reasons. Ya'll have to see this film.
    Oh, and another good one is "Kissing Jessica Stein". Extremely well written and funny as hell.
    Sorry about the movie thing, but just wanted you guys to know about these two great new films out on video. Okay BlockBuster...where's my kickback?
  6. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree with Steve completly. The Count of Monte Cristo is awesome. Another good one, not quite as good as the count though, is Reign of Fire anyone seen that? It has one of the greatest star wars references that I've seen in a movie. Gotta pay homage to the King.
  7. Chewbracca Jedi Knight

star 2
    I haven't seen the Count of Monte Cristo yet, but everybody has told me that it is awesome, I'll have to rent it.

Man, I have never played golf before, but would like to play. The bad thing is that I see alot of people love the game, but get very frustrated. Man, I have a bad temper when I get frustrated and the game would probably cost me alot of cash for breaking clubs!! :D

Man, when do ya'll wanna go bowling??? I'm up for it big time. My wife will definately go to that 'cause she loves to bowl!! :)
  8. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    How about this weekend. I can't make it friday, but Saturday night I can. If not how about the next weekend.
  9. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I have issue # 2,3, &4 of the ANH infinities. There is also suppose to be an Empire strikes back one, but I haven't found it yet.

Hey guys long time no post!!!

I bought said comic at Waldenbooks in Wolfchase... pretty cool, I won't give away spoilers. Iread Traitor, better than I expected!!!

let me know about the get together, bowling sounds fun (if we're being honest, I suck at it...good idea Jedi Trace) :)

We should do the imax showing too.

10. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    IMAX is out for now, unless something has happened since I contacted Peabody Place and The Pink Palace. I wonder if Nashville will have it? If so, I smell a ROAD TRIP!!!!

What sucks is that Traci has to work Saturday and Sunday, so she won't be able to bowl this weekend (like that would really hurt her feelings, but she'd still want to see the gang.) I won't be available until late Saturday afternoon, at the earliest, so lemme know if y'all decide on meeting up, and where (I'm partial to Bartlett Lanes, but not during cosmic bowling. I don't feel one should mix bowling and disco.)

Oh, and I am watching TESB on DVD!!!!
    And yes, it's everything I thought it would be!!! I am not disappointed in the least. Maybe the AOTC premier party should turn into a SW film fest!!! (Hmmmm...with almost 11 hours of SW movies, that would be a loooong meeting!!!!)
  11. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    Late Saturday afternoon would be good for me, too. I have to work til about 4pm or so...then the hour it would take for me to get down there would push it to about 5:30, maybe? Would that be too late for you guys? I could make it on Sunday, but if that's not good for ya'll, then you guys may have to bowl without me. If we want this to be an official meeting, we also need to notify Minacia so she can post it for us.
  12. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    The only problem I could forsee is league bowling taking up all available lanes, especially at Bartlett Lanes. Anybody been to Imperial Lanes lately? I used to do Moonlight Bowling there all the time, but that was nearly a decade ago.
  13. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just remebered I am going to see a band that my friend is in Saturday at 6:30. So don't think saturday will work for me, how bout next weekend? I got Friday, Saturday, Sunday, open. that would also give us tim tolet Minicia (sp?) Know and make it official. Let me know what ya'll think.
  14. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    It's been longer than a decade since I've been to Imperial Lanes. I went back when I was about 17 or so. Man, that was fun. Went Midnight (Moonlight?) Bowling that night, and it was awesome.
  15. Chewbracca Jedi Knight

star 2
    Man, I can't do it this weekend at all. I say we go for like next Saturday night October 5th or Sunday the 6th.

Man, I love Imperial lanes!!! Man, it is gritty, but they have a really good deal on their midnight bowling, they call it the night owl. Man, you can bowl from like 12 (midnight) to 3 or 4 for really cheap!!!

Tim, I hate cosmic bowling too. It throws off my concentration!!! :D

16. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    It's loud, dark, and quite annoying. Isn't it, Chris? That's why I hate it, too. I'm there to bowl, not to dance. If I were there to dance, I would have worn different shoes and the white polyester suit with the really wide lapels to match.

And that's why I've always liked Imperial Lanes. It's dirty, grimy, seedy, somewhat dangerous.... You know, the way bowling was meant to be!!! I like Bartlett because of the automatic scoring. (It's been so long since I bowled that I doubt I could remember how to keep score!!)

I always think that if the Mos Eisley Cantina would've had bowling lanes in the back, then it would have been just like Imperial Lanes. So let's grab our bowling balls, shoes, and blasters and go there!!!!!
  17. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I guess I'll vote for next Saturday. Seems like that's a better time for everyone, and I'd sure hate for Trace to miss out this Saturday. :D
    And what better place to have a SW FanForce meeting than Imperial Lanes...just makes damn good sense to me.
    So do we want to go ahead and set a time for next Saturday night, so we can send it to Minacia? I might have to work next Sat. til 6pm, but should make it down there within two hours anyway. Are we doin' the midnight thing or what?
  18. Chewbracca Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, I'm up for midnight if everybody else is!! I guess we can decide by tomorrow sometime then. Man, Imperial lanes sounds good to me!!

Tim, good job connecting SW and Imperial lanes!!!:D
  19. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dirty, gritty, and seedy you say? Sounds like just the place for a frayser man. I have acutally never been to Imperial lanes. Next Saturday at Midnight is good for me.
  20. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    Everybody must've had a busy Tuesday...lol
    Today is Mark Hamill's 51st birthday...think I'll rent "Corvette Summer" tonight.
  21. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'm all for moonlight bowling at Imperial
    Lanes. The only problem is Traci wouldn't be able to make it. She's on weekend rotation until Oct 19th.

Corvette Summer...hmmmm....

Wasn't that the big Annie Potts vehicle that failed to make her a star? Actually, she really is just about the best part of the movie. Poor Mark, he just can't seem to win in a movie where he doesn't have a lightsaber in his hand.

What was that sexfest of a movie he did with Apollonia Ketero back in the late 80's? Was it Black Magic Woman or something like that? Which makes me think, (your opportunity to be afraid here), maybe we should have another film fest: The Really Bad Films of Mark Hamill Film Festival. We could MST3K the hell out of his really bad films (or were those last few words redundant?). We'll start with The Guyver and work our way to The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia. It will be a hoot. And the menu would, of course, consist of wine and cheese.

Or would that be too cruel??

Nah!!!!!

OK, so Traci and I are kicking around some dates for the party, and Oct 26th so far is looking good for us. Any objections or conflicts, anyone?
  22. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    Tim, the 26th is cool with us...however, the moonlight bowling may be a little tough on us due to the drive. Just whatever you guys wanna do...just hate we're not gonna see you guys til the 26th.
    And I love the idea of a Sucky Films Of Mark Hamill Festival. I have always been a huge of fan of MST3K (I could even bring a half dozen of those DVDs, too) and would love to get the chance to "lambaste" truly sucky films.
  23. Chewbracca Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, the 26th is good for me!!! :)

Hmmm, about bowling, there are bowling lanes in Covington, which is closer to Steve than Imperial. We could go there one Saturday or Sunday instead!! I think it's about 20-30 minutes from Millington. :p

Man, poor Mark Hamill. His film career really sucked. The Guyver was reallllyyyy bad!!! I did see on TV that he was really big on Broadway for a while though. So I guess that's where he had his biggest successes (besides SW of course!!!). He does have some $$$ though due to his voicing of cartoons and his revenue from the Wing Commander video games!!! :D
  24. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, Chris, his film career was pretty bad. And it's sad really...he's a talented actor, just bad choices with movie scripts.
    You guys don't have to drive to Covington just for me. I'm the one that lives so far away...no need to change things just for that. I know we could make it next Sunday afternoon if that's better. It's just after 3 hours of bowling at 3am, I wouldn't want to drive another hour and a half home...yuck.
  25. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I don't blame you for that, Steve. Having just had a wreck a couple of weeks back after falling asleep at the wheel, I can completely understand.

Chris: I think Mark Hamill was in the Broadway productions of Amadeus and The Elephant Man.