Memph, TN The Rendezvous- The Official Social Thread of the Memphis Fan Force

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, Tim, I know all too well about falling asleep at the wheel. A couple of years ago when Sherri and I were just dating. I was driving back home to my house late one night and fell asleep...next thing I know, I'm flipping over and over in the car. Thankfully I walked away with just a couple of scratches on the head.
  2. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I, unfortunatly, have a conflict with the 26th. Its another costume party I have to go to. But it really depends on what time you are planning on doing it. The one I am already going to is going to be at night probably starting at 8pm.
  3. Chewbracca Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, Sundays are good for me!! :D
  4. Lonewolf89 Force Ghost

star 5
    I got a little lost in the sea of responses, so we're shooting for the 26th? What time and what ally?
  5. sheja_mamid Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello strangers! How is everyone? We have been rather busy around here. I'm looking forward to getting together again.......and Traci, shopping sounds great. :) Are you guys having any luck with your costumes? Not sure what we are going to do....my sewing machine is MIA after the move. Most of the costumes I've seen for sale are very cheaply made imitations. We may just have to come as ourselves.....ha.
    Is everyone else about ready to float away? When is the sun going to shine again?
  6. Lonewolf89 Force Ghost

star 5
    At least we're not down in Louisiana, talk about your flooding.
  7. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    But the good news is this: You could get down Bourbon Street today without any hassles whatsoever!!! And considering the main activity while you're on Bourbon Street, floating would match the way your head feels just perfectly.

OK, so the 26th is looking grim..... I really want to try and schedule a day when everyone can come. How's Sunday October 27th, late afternoon, then? Say, fourish, possibly threeish? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
  8. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    The 27th sounds great! Threeish is good for us, too.
    Changing the subject somewhat...did I miss a memo or something? What's the deal with the frickin' icons tonite?
    Lonewolf, you gonna be able to join us?
  9. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Yeah, I know what you mean, Steve. I had to re-up my icon, too. I've noticed that a lot of people are icon-less in the other board I hang out in as well.

Icon-less. Sounds like something RainMan would say.

V-E-R-N!!! Uh-oh. Uh-oh. V-E-R-N!!! Of course, I don't have my icon. Uh-oh. Who's on first. I dunno....

Oh, and how are we coming on the bowling plans? Do we wanna shoot for next Saturday night or something like that? Say, 7 or 8 o'clock so everyone can come?
  10. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    I work til 6 next Saturday, but Sherri and I can be there by 7:30...8pm at the latest, depending on where you guys wanna bowl.
    Tim, how were those OT DVDs? Did you watch all three yet? (stupid question)
  11. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    No, not a stupid question. Actually, I haven't watched ROTJ yet. Haven't had the time, really. Work has been a pain this week, and had eaten up most of my spare time. I brought home a small mountain of paperwork tonight, but I abandoned it for the computer (as you can plainly tell!!)

Next week's gonna be the same story. It's the end of our fiscal year, and I have to clear up all these crappy little loose ends that keep the books unbalanced and the accountants on edge. That, and I'm covering five positions for a little while (as opposed to my normal three at the office), so I'm going to need a night out by the end of next week. We've been working shorthanded for only, oh...SIX YEARS at the office. I've managed to somehow cover work that it once took three people to do on a daily basis. Anybody else facing this in the workplace?
  12. Chewbracca Jedi Knight

star 2
    Man, I really have to start on my costume. Not much sewing, but not much time either!!! :D

Man, I don't know about Saturday, I may have to work till about 11 pm. (New job.)

Man, I heard on the radio that the bars in New Orleans are full because of hurricane parties!!!! Man, what a town!!! :D
  13. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    You were talking about work, Tim...we wear many hats at the radio station. You kinda have to know how to do every job in a way, just in case someone's out, we don't miss a beat.
    Man, everybody's got a scheduling conflict for next weekend...LOL
  14. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I'm confused too, Lonewolf, LOL.

Sorry y'all....maybe it's the cold medicine....but are we talking about bowling or the costume party? Or both? :confused:

15. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    OK, I've just been through all 5 zillion icons and noticed that some of the Fan Force chapters have them. Do we have an artist in the bunch? :)

(I loved the Dooku Thread Killer, LOLOL!)

16. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it's the cold medicine, Trace. I had no idea they sold NyQuil in a 40.
    We're shooting for bowling next Sat. or Sun. and the costume party for the 27th. It's good to see that you and Tim have such an open line of communication. :D
  17. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am good to go on the 27th for the costume party and I can make bowling either next Saturday or sunday. I got a friends mom helping me sew my costume so it should be pretty sweet.

Trace I am a bit of an Artist. What did you have in mind?
  18. Lonewolf89 Force Ghost

star 5
    The 5th or 6th will be fine with me. :) Where are we planning on meeting?
  19. Smokem_Alien Jedi Knight

star 3
    I believe we said Imperial lanes is that right?
  20. Chewbracca Jedi Knight

star 2
    He He!! 40 ounce nyquil!!! Funny stuff!!

Hey, Smokem is a good artist!!!!

Cool, Imperial Lanes, I can't wait! :D
  21. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Steve: Tim who?? J/K [face_laugh]

Seriously, the kids get so loud around here that we've actually IM'd each other while sitting in the same room, LOL.

I dunno, Tim. I guess we should find out what the rules are about making your own Fan Force icon, but I'm sure that you could come up with something cool.
  22. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Yes, it's true. Traci and I have actually IM'd each other just to communicate over the noise our children make.

It's sunny....It's 69 degrees.....I actually somehow escaped from working today.....

I'm going to Hancocks!!!!!

23. Steja_Palex Jedi Master

star 4
    So, we know we're meeting at Imperial Lanes...How's about Sunday afternoon at 3 or 4. We need to get things set so we can notify our RSA and get it official. We want it to count!!
  24. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'll try and call Imperial Lanes tomorrow and see if and we can get a lane, or if league bowling is going to kill our chances.

So are the time and day firm? Does everyone agree?
  25. Lonewolf89 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sunday at 3? That will be fine with my schedule.