main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Rendezvous- The Official Social Thread of the Memphis Fan Force

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I agree, Sunday at three. :)

2. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    So, shall I go ahead and give the details to Minacia...so we can make it official?

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    So bowling is next Sunday at three- October 7? I will be there!

4. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Hey, if anybody wants to get the SW: Behind the Magic CDrom, they have one at EBX in the Wolfchase mall for $4.99. I got onw today, but haven't checked it out. :D

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I have an extra unopened copy even cheaper than that..... Absolutely free to the first person to call dibs.

Any takers?

6. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Man, I wish I'd of know that before i shelled out my $4.99!!!! :D
    Oh well, I hope it is cool.

7. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Uh, dibs. Did I get it? Did I win?

8. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    do they have more than one? I might have to go by there......... :)

What exactly is it?

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Okay...that's when you know you're a fan I guess, when you plan to go buy something before you even know what it is.............

:p

10. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    It looks like it's a bunch of behind the scenes info and stuff like that. I haven't opened it yet, but it looks really cool. :)

11. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I've had my "Behind The Magic" CDRom for about a year now...it's pretty awesome...worth the 4.99 in my book.

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I think it's awesome. And, you got it, Tim. And a pirated copy could always be obtained if a certain someone we know wants one for free, Rhonda. ;)

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Oh well I went and looked, even in the 4.99 section and it wasn't there :( The sales assistant said there was something SW there for 4.99, but I probably just missed it...maybe I can get it from Barnes and Noble. Is it a game or just an multimedia type thing?

14. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    It's a multimedia type thing. Lot's of information and pics. Very cool stuff.

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    And it has the lost scenes from ANH. You know, the Luke/Biggs scene that we all know so well from the old SW storybook, as well as the Toshi Station scene with his garage friends. That, and an extended cantina scene, make it well worth the money.

16. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Huzzah, Biggs is da man. Dead man, but still the man.

17. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    You know, guys...earlier we were discussing Mark Hamill. I was just reading this morning about celebrity car crashes and I learned something new. Apparently in December 1976 shortly after the filming of ANH, Mark had a wreck and went through the windshield of his Corvette (ironic, huh) and suffered facial injuries. In ESB, he had scars on his face and the scene where the Wampa attacks Luke was supposed to explain his face injuries. The injuries were apparently so bad that he had to have most of his face reconstructed. I guess that explains the bad choices in film scripts...a severe blow to the head.

18. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    lol, yeah I heard about that a couple months ago. he does look a lot different from ANH to ESB, but I always thought it was ageing. I think Marks problem is he is one of those 'acting is an art' types. He feels the performance is the important thing not the story, if the performance is good then the story will be good. Thats just my guess though.

19. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Good morning gang! I picked up the new issue of SW Insider (#62) this morning, and it's the best one I've seen in a long, long time. Lots of cool stuff in this one. The blue Twi'lek jedi Aayla Secura is on the cover. It's definitely a "must-buy"!

20. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    The articles on the jedi and the lightsaber fighting forms are very cool!!!! Man, a good issue!!! :D

21. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I got my copy in the mail a few days ago and I like it a lot. I've been reading about the lightsaber fighting.

22. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Y'all are just now hearing about the Mark Hamill crash thing? I thought that was ancient news. Didn't they pretty much have to put the man's face back on? The damage is not as apparent in ESB as it is in ROTJ. I wonder if he had to endure several stages of surgery, or if they just had a better makeup artist for ESB?

23. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Hmmm, I wonder if we can e-mail Mark and find out?!?!?! That would be really cool!!

Man, Mace Windu is one bad mother. Reading that article about lightsaber fighting, he is one of the few that has mastered form VII. Man, I wonder how he gets taken out, cause that form is almost unstoppable!!!!

24. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Quick question. In the latest issue of Insider does it have the final chapter in the short story Emmisary to the Void? They put it in three of the Star Wars Gamer mags but sense they canceled Gamer they moved and truly messed me up.

25. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Yeah, I think it does have it in there!! I missed the first ones, so it really dosen't make sense for me!!