main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Rendezvous- The Official Social Thread of the Memphis Fan Force

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Oh wow!!!! I finally know other people who read the Insider!!! :)

The stuff about the lightsaber fighting was too cool! I guess I never realized how little training Luke had in that area and that most of his skill was just raw talent.

And you gotta love the Q & A.....especially that part about the warranty on Artoo's rockets, LOL.

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I just got my copy of the INSIDER yesterday.. The light saber stuff is cool! They have some of that stuff in the Visual Dictionary my son has. Yeah, it sounds like Mace is the hardest one to beat. What did Yoda use Form IV? That's the forms also you use with two sabres I think it says in there.

3. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Man, you're right about Luke. What would it have been like if he could have been trained since birth!?!?!?! Man, he would have been awesome!!!

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Luke got sort of gyped in the training department. Every one of his teachers kicked the bucket. Just think, if he had the same opportunity as any traditional Jedi, he would have been the greatest Jedi of all time. (And he'd still have both hands.)

OK- I'm ready to bowl!!!! See Y'all in two hours!!!

5. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    It was nice to see everyone again. Hopefully we'll be able to have a lot more for the costume party. Here is a funny website the Mayor of Frayser. And you thought the only thing we in the ghetto knew about computers was how to steal them.

Tim thanks for the behind the magic, it is very cool.

6. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Hey guys!! We had a blast today...like Smokem said...it was great seeing everyone again. Lonewolf89...it was wonderful meeting you...great to have you aboard and thanks for taking up the task of creating our website...let us know if we can help you in any way. Congrats to Chewbracca on being elected our City Rep (that'll teach him to miss a meeting). And Robert, you're gonna have to come up with a name for these boards, dude. It was great meeting you as well.
    Redneck Vader Rules!!

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    I had a blast today. It was great seeing everyone again, and seeing a few fresh faces.

But I won't be missing that evil ten pin. It was truly of the Dark Side. Wait a sec... I missed it plenty today, didn't I?

And a hearty round of congratulations to our new City Rep Chris!!!!! That's what you get for not showing up!!! Oh, and we also elected you to do Rhonda's laundry and paint my house.

8. sheja_mamid

sheja_mamid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey Guys! It was great to see all of you again....just wish Traci and also Chris(Mr. City Rep) could have been there. Traci...Emma and Reed had a blast bowling on their "own" lane......at last count, they said they had 100 million points..ha.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Hey, it was nice seeing everyone again!!! Qui-Gon-Tim, the cd's are great!!! Missed you Trace. It was good meeting you Lonewolf89 and Congratulations, Chris (Chewbracca), on being our new city rep!!! Oh, and I like Tide better than Cheer or All...l ;)

Seriously congrats! See everyone on the 27th! We'll be official!!!!

10. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    It was nice to meet every one. I look forward to meeting you on the 27th Chris.

11. Obi-Reb

Obi-Reb Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Hello Fellow SW'ers,

I enjoyed meeting all of you. Forgive me for not getting all the names straight. I am looking forward to meeting ya'll again later this month.

Cheers,

Obi-Reb

12. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    Man, I wish I could have been there!!! Dang work!!

Cool. I'm the City Rep. I wonder what that encompasses? :eek: Do I have to give a speech or something? :)

Rhonda, you don't want me to do your laundry, I have a bad habit of leaving pens in my pocket when I wash clothes!!!! :D

Steve, sorry chief, you ain't getting your car washed!! :)

So the costume party is the 27th at 3 PM??? We need to get it posted. 3rd Meeting!!!! Yeee haa!! We gonna be official!!!

A Frayser website!!! Oh my gosh!!! Armageddon is at hand!!!!!!! :D

13. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    lol Yeah, Frayser is high tech now. ChrisCongrats on city rep, it couldn't of happened to a nicer wookie. I told Jeremy that for the costume party he should dress up as Redneck vader. put the mask on and have some real tree camo. :)

I know this is a Star Wars forum, but I was just wondering if any of you guys read any of the Dune books? A new one has just come out that looks pretty cool.

14. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    I tried to read the first one, but just couldn't get into it then. I think I've still got it and may try to read it later. I think it's Herbert's son that is writing the books now! Man, talk about using your dead dad's name to make some cash!! (Hey, at least he isn't freezing his body to clone him, ala Ted Williams!!!!)
    :D

15. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I hear dat, but I don't blame him. If my dad was famous I'd sure be trying to make it work for me some way.

16. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I haven't read the books, I did watch the six hour mini series on the Sci Fi channel though.

17. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I loved the mini series, it was so much better than the film made for it back in the 80's. If you liked the miniseries then you would love the book, I can promise you that. Did you guys know that Kevin J. Anderson is helping to write the prequels. To me it seems like his writing has improved a great deal.

18. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    I liked Anderson's trilogy of Luke founding the Jedi academy. I thought it was pretty cool. Especially with the Sun Crusher. That's what they need now against the Vong. Or a new Death Star. Or the Dark Saber. :D

19. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Speaking of that "DUNE" mini-series...I think it's on DVD now...just in case you guys want to check it out.
    Is anybody still sore from bowling Sunday? Man, my back is killing me and my thumb is still swollen. Maybe Brit was right...maybe we are old! :(

20. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    [face_laugh] In that case I must be catching up with you, my thumb's pretty sore too.

21. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Well I wasn't able to use my thumb so, no its not sore, but my two fingers are. Its been a while since I've been bowling anyways, we should do this again, I've got to redeem my score of 68 :(

22. Chewbracca

Jun 21, 2002
    So who on Sunday? :)
    Jeremy told me that some folks brought their own balls!

23. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I hear ya, Chris...dang work! I would've MUCH rather been bowling, embarrassing as it would have been. I can't compete with scores like that 68, LOL. I think my last bowling score was 30-something. Save me a spot with Emma and Reed in the bumper lane! [face_blush]

Now, with Putt-Putt on the other hand..... ;)

I guess we should start planning for the Halloween/Costume party. Do we want to do something like the picnic where everyone brings a little food? Should we have games? I wonder if they make "Pin the Ears on the Gundark"? LOL!

24. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    lol

Hey a Mynock Piniata would be cool. I am fine with everyone bringing food.

25. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    I'm cool with bringing food, too. We still have some of that pasta salad left over if you guys want us to bring any. J/K :D
    If ya'll are fans of SuperHeroes, or anything related, there's gonna be what seems like a pretty good TV show on the WB tomorrow night at 7 called "Birds Of Prey"...it's about the daughter of Batman and Catwoman. I'm probably gonna watch it...however, right now I'm gonna pop in my new "Pulp Fiction" DVD that I just bought.
    Oh...I've thought of something we can do together if you guys want to...it might not be for everybody...but Sherri and I love VeggieTales...yes, it's a kids thing...but so is SpongeBob Squarepants...and it's must-see TV. Would you all like to go see "Jonah: The VeggieTales Movie" sometime...it's not showing at the theater here in Dyersburg...so we're gonna have to go out of town to see it anyway. Ya'll can think about it. Talk amongst yourselves.