main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Republic Fleet

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Phasma's Armor Polish, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phasma's Armor Polish

Phasma's Armor Polish Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    One thing that irked me about the film was the idea that the Republic Fleet was wiped out with the destruction of Hosnian Prime.

Where the Republic really stupid enough to keep every ship they had in the same star system? Was the fleet not spread in different parts of the galaxy? Even if they were in the Hosnian system the Starkiller weapon only destroyed the planets right, how could it destroys the ships in space?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  2. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    It's dumb.
    BUT.
    Lucas started the dream that a small number of Buddhist Templar Samurai with laser swords could (somehow) maintain Law and Order, administer some executive disciplinary action, and basically more or less keep a biiig ship on an even keel with a minimum of manpower. I.e., not so much manpower to start oil wars. Not so much to prevent a determined ID4 invasion from the Galaxy Far, Far, Farther Away. Enough to (ideally) detect, anticipate, prevent a Third Reich from within. Was GFFA detached, orthogonal, discontiguous from modern understanding of layered defense? Of course. If your context is great enough to be annoyed by this oversight, you will not get an in-universe answer that resonates with the real world.

3. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    With the New Republic know without a fleet, they will be in a pretty
    desperate state by Ep8. I wonder if Benicio Del Toro could be playing an Ovan Marekal type character. A powerful industrialist, with their own fleet, who the heroes go to for help.

4. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Ever hear of Pearl Harbor?

Ghost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.