main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

| THE REQUIEMS |

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheFallen, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

[b][u]| The Requiems |[/b][/u]

[hr]

[u]Summary[/u]: The final chapter of the Walk the Sky series. This is how it all ends.

[u]Timeframe[/u]: A few weeks after Anakin has turned. I'm speculating a lot on this story.

[u]Disclaimer[/u]: All character herein that I haven't created are by all means George Lucas and company's. I'd also like to give a big shout out to Webster's New Dictionary, Copyright 1994 (don't think that's still 'new', but hey) - they gave me PERFECT definitions to all of these needed words.

[u]Rating[/u]: Well there's major language in the first part. Remember, these ARE space pilots for a while, and they know how to cuss, and use it excessively. I also don't use (in my opinion) ridiculous words like 'poodoo'. Just thinking of the words makes me laugh so uncontrollably I can't type anymore other than to erase it. So please, don't send me flames, because if you skipped over this, it's your own problem.

[u]Acknowledgements[/u]: Well - I composed a list. So, here are all the people that kept me going through recent tough times, and are just all around amazing people. They all deserve more than just a little mention here, but this is all I can give. [b]Sith_lady17 [/b]([i]especially[/i] you, you've been here since the first post :) )[b], Chaos_Rose, CalaisKenobi, Katie_Kenobi, Swede, jedi7, Jacinta_Kenobi, Renton Kenobi, Flashbacca, Sara_Kenobi, and Cheryl_Kenobi.[/b] I seem to have gotten the entire Kenobi bloodline in my story. :D And I can't forget my lovely beta, [b]Jessica[/b]. Thank you all for the lovely encouragement and the occasional ego boost. And to all of those who replied, but I didn't find you in the few minutes I had to scan and look for names - you're just as important to me.

[u]Production Notes[/u]: Posting. Twice a week. No amount of begging will make me change my mind - unless you form an elite union and herd me into a chat room and make me listen to you cry.

[i]And so begins the deconstruction of the Walk the Sky series...[/i]

2. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Chapter 1A
    LIGHT?S REQUIEM
    Every Beginning Has An End

Pre'sage - n. Omen, indication of something to come.

"General." Lieutenant First Class Gandan greeted with a salute.

"Lieutenant." Obi-Wan saluted back. He'd been Gandan on leave in Coruscant and he'd become quick friends with he and a few of his other friends at a bar reminiscing about close calls and women troubles. "Where are the idiot brothers?"

"Oh, they're coming. I wouldn't doubt with a hangover from something." Gandan grumbled, picking up equipment and hauling into the four-person reconnaissance shuttle. The landing bay of Obi-Wan's ship, the Fighting Dervish, was utterly deserted, save a few ships that hadn't taken his enlisted men home for a 5 day leave.

"Kenobi!" A male voice bellowed from the armored entrance to the bay. They slammed behind the man and he jumped and covered his ears, a look of sheer pain on his face. "Kenobi, look at you! A big ol' General, now. The last time we got drunk you were a lowly little Major, like me. Hey, I just insulted myself! It's been too long!"

"Are you [i]still[/i] drunk, Bennings?" Obi-Wan cracked a huge grin as the guy lumbered over to him and smacked him on the back.

"Sshh?" Antin Bennings shushed and smirked. "Actually, just dealing with a really devilish hangover. Man, the guys still here sure have some wicked home made drinks. Oops, my bad, I wasn't supposed to tell you."

"Oh, like they're completely stealthy about getting absolutely blitzed while they think I'm not looking. They just think I'm in a bad mood when I assign them mechanical duties for the next week in the morning. I'm sure they have great fun working around screaming engines with hangovers." Obi-Wan smiled evilly and crossed his arms.
    "You're cruel. No wonder nobody likes you." Antin chuckled.

"You like me. On occasion."

"Sure he does, just when you're buying in the bars, my friend." Gandan butt in while he hauled some wiring into the ship. "Where's the other idiot twin?"

"Oh, he's coming. His girl is giving him troubles about leaving. Pathetic, I tell you. Speaking of pathetically in love with the fairer sex, how's Ryo and the quasi-General?" Antin questioned, poking fun casually as always. He was glad that he was friends with this particular General. It was sincere Hell for anyone that got on his permanent bad side and was within 10 feet of him for the rest of their lives.

"She's fine. Kicking and screaming about my not having leave like the rest of them." Obi-Wan explained, picking up a crate and carrying it into the ship. Antin followed with his own cargo. "Mara doesn't really understand why her father is running throughout the galaxy on a crusade to patch
    up the sinking ship of the Republic. Ah, but she's the daddy's girl whenever I'm there, as Ryo keep infinitely cracking me for. Can I help it if she tackles my legs and won't let me go if I'm in the vicinity?"

"See, this is your payment for being a phreggin' maverick. You survive enough crashes from enemy fighters, tick off enough brass doing it, and be as reckless as you quite possibly can, and you get promoted to General and you get to write paperwork and the most action you see is reconnaissance with us jerks." Antin elbowed him lightly, "And who wouldn't tackle your legs. I hear so much whining about you being taken by Ryo..."

"The brass hated me from day one. Why try to get on their good side?" Obi-Wan answered, storing the small crate. It was true, though, and they both knew it. Being a Jedi in the military didn't guarantee you anything but a cold shoulder from basically everyone of importance. From the day he introduced himself, he was snubbed and looked over, and the only reasons he was promoted was that he worked three times as hard as the others and gave with blood and sweat, not to mention a few hospital stays. "It's quite amusing though, since they made me one of their own and now they can't just ignore me. Thanks for the annual ego boost."

"Quite amusing.

3. happygolucky

happygolucky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Fantastic!! I'm glad you edited the language as much as you did... I didn't want a banned friend. :)

4. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Ohh.. read this while listening to John Williams "Confrontation with Count Dooku" Good music for a good story. :)

5. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    *stares with wide eyes*

Great begining!

I just finished reading the rest of your stories. Great series!

Can't wait for more. :D

6. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    That was a great beginning :) Poor Obi-Wan, losing a friend like that... :(

Well, you post twice a week, right? And it's now...Tuesday (yes, it's Tuesday here). Soooo...when's the next post? [face_impatient] :p

7. babybantha

babybantha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Hi! Guess what? You have another new reader! :D

I just spent my morning, my free morning mind you 8-}, catching up on the series. But I'm so glad I did. These stories have been absolutely fantastic; I can't believe I haven't read them before.

I'm very much looking forward to the lastest edition. That first post was awesome, very intense. And I can't wait to how Ryo and Mara are doing.

Excellent work! :)

8. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    :eek:

Wow - I already have a lot of replies. :D I feel so much better, now. I hope you all stick around and keep replying for the rest of the story. :)

Maybe I should get a big discussion going in here about what everyone thinks is going on or what's going to happen next. Any takers?

Thank you all for the wonderful replies! :D

9. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Crashes are such a ...was in one yesterday. That was lots of fun. This is amazing. Not exactly a new reader(followed you here from ff.n):)

No swearing is allowed. This is a warning, don't do it again.
    Julie

10. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Great start, Bekka! I also note that it is Wednesday somewhere in Australia.

< applies blue-metallic Kevlar nail polish and goes off to hang on the cliff >

11. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    *replies with silly grin on face*

Oh oh oh a cliff-hanger :eek:

- Chaos Rose you have no idea how glad I am that I am already a nailbiter. Now I don't have to worry about that expensive nail polish. :D

Bekka you are truly talented and this is a great beginning. *nervously biting on thumbnail* 2ce a week, huh. Well, we'll have to see what we can do about that!

Anybody have thumb-screws? ;)

12. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Flashbacca, present knuckles.

- - WHACK!! - -

It's Bekka. :p Don't worry about it - but I won't be so easily persuaded by a pretty face next time. ;)

Well, after a short locking due to my own gurgling of the idiot drops while posting, REQUIEM is back up. I don't know when the next post will come, it's going to be a demon of a week.

Perhaps Friday?

13. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    "Ouch" *absently rubbing knuckles*

Oops! My Bad! Sorry 'bout that Bekka I actually do know that and I just typed Becca 'cause one of my friends is Rebecca and we call her Becca and I wasn't thinking. I'm a good one for that sometimes.

Actually a better excuse would be that I was still shell-shocked from the crash! Nice one btw. :D

Poor Obi, think he needs some TLC. ;)

14. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    And you're asking me to give it to him? :p ;)

So is no one going to speculate? :(

I'm not going to be posting until Friday, so TALK, PEOPLE! GET ACQUAINTED THROUGH THE MIRACLE WHICH IS THIS THREAD. :D

15. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm not the speculating type -- because what I say is usually gibberish anyway. :p

Did that make sense? No? Hah. There's your proof. :D

16. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    It's. So. Simple. :eek: [face_plain]

:p

17. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    All I'm going to say is this... Obi-Wan's vision from the previous stories better not come true!!!!

: CK assumes her most threatening demeanour :

GROWL!

18. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Yes, but which vision better not come true? :eek:

19. Nataya-Jinn

Nataya-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    TheFallen. . .I just started reading your series.WHOA! [face_love]

The Requiems is great. . .I love everything, but my favorite has to be Obi-Wan's visions! Your description and storyline is very well thought-out. I'll be waiting for more. :)

~Nataya-Jinn :D

20. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Awww - thank you! Now that the whole family of "[insert name]_Kenobi"s, I'm finally bringing in the Jinns! :D YES!! [face_mischief]

So - someone say something more before I drop the bomb of the next chapter. :eek:

21. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Bekka said: "So - someone say something more before I drop the bomb of the next chapter."

Say something?

Okay.

POST!!!!!!

22. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    [face_plain]

I thought it was going to be 'NOW!!'.

Where's someone else to complete the sentence? [face_mischief] :D

23. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Now! Post NOW!

Happy now? :p

[impatient_reader_voice] NOW POST! [/impatient_reader_voice]

::Starts chanting like the senators in the Senate after Amidala called for a vote of no confidence in Valorum's leadership::

Post now! Post now! Post now! Post now! Post now!

:D

24. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    Bekka, I can't believe this is the last story of the Walk the Sky series. :_|
    *snif*
    Great beginning for this story! And I want more! :D :p

25. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I know! :_| What am I going to do with myself?! :( I actually had this other vignette for the series, but sshhh. ;) :eek:

I don't know of I'll post it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.