main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

| THE REQUIEMS |

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheFallen, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    *ROARS LOUDLY*
    POST!!!!!!!! please I'm quivering so hard in anticipation that I have started shedding!!!!!

and thank you, I assume you meant me when you said you had added a paragraph?

2. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ahem... *clears throat*
    I'd love to see a post soon. Pleaaaaase? :D :p

3. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    [scream] POST!!! [/scream]

4. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    Pleeease pooooost!

*sits and waits for the next post* :D

5. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    POST!!!!! please :) 7

6. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    uhm. Bekka, it has been 5 days since the last post...........well, technically, two posts a week would be a post every 3 1/2 days...........I was just wondering.........

ARE YOU TORMENTING US ON PURPOSE?????

*sniffle, sniffle*

7. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    - - Stumbles into thread to read all of the psychotic, edge-of-hysteria posts - -

Woooah. Even I am not this evil to leave you hanging. My internet connection is, though. :mad: I was off the internet for 2 days. DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD THAT WAS FOR ME?! :_|

Post coming up - hope it makes up for the horrors I've put you through. :p

8. Nataya-Jinn

Nataya-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    TheFallen. . .I'm sorry you had to suffer by not having the internet to post anything! We were right here with ya' suffering. . .waiting to see what happened!

So far, I'm dying to know where the story is going ! :_|

Hopefully, since your back on-line,
    we'll here some more of you story!! :)

9. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Chapter 1D
    A FUTURE LOST'S REQUIEM
    Dreaming

Production Notes : This is probably the chapter I'm most proud of for some reason. I hope you enjoy it, too. In fact, I really hope you enjoy it.

Disclaimer in Chapter 1A.

Warning - This chapter has usage of substances (alcohol, etc.).

Music with thy fics, do ye like? I recommend Requiem for a Dream's soundtrack song 'Ghosts of a Future Lost'... even goes with the theme of the chapter.

-- Chapter 1D --

Dream - n. Vision during sleep; fancy, reverie, vision of something ideal.

I'm just dreamer,
    I dream my life away.
    I'm just a dreamer,
    Who dreams of better days.
    -- Ozzy Osbourne, Dreamer

He never knew how he got to this run down hotel in the middle of Alderaan. The Organa's had offered him a room, but he found himself refusing and walking the streets without purpose. Various people looked at him. He couldn't blame them, really. His very aura radiated the despair that he couldn't bring himself to mask. He'd not used the Force in days. Not to ease the pain, not to release his frustration, hurt, and guilt. Everything weighed him down, one by one increasing the weight on his shoulders and pushing him to the floor.

He didn't remember buying the alcohol. He didn't remember sitting down in the corner of the room near the window, unholstering his blaster and setting it on a nearby table. He didn't remember buying the syringe and enough liquid narcotic to slowly shut his body down. He really didn't remember Force throwing everything around the room, shattering and splintering all around him as he stood in the center, as if in the eye of the storm. The only way he knew he'd done it was the cuts covering his bloodied hands. Even if he tried to remember, it was all one hazy image to the next. He stared at the hypo as he twisted it between his fingers with a small smirk twitching up his lips. He knew he'd never do it. Too cowardly... too easy... too everything. It just didn't make sense to him. And, he thought cynically, I just want to see what happens next. But it's always nice to have the option handy. His head throbbing with a sudden, engulfing pain and he keeled forward and bit his lip harshly. No noise escaped him, he just reached blindly in his pocket for a bottom of pain killers he'd swiped from the Healer's before leaving. In hindsight, he regretted stealing them but Force, how is head hurt now. He wasn't exactly remorseful as he downed them quickly.

It hit him especially hard at moments. Just certain odd times that he was certain that he was looking into the face of death. Times that he would truly understand that he would never see them again. Any of them. He would spend the rest of time without a touch of her hair... a dancing smile of his daughter... a kiss of her lips...

Everything was surreal. He supposed he should've seen this coming, on some level. Anakin was never one to leave quietly, but he'd thought when he'd left the first time, it was loud enough. He supposed that it just wasn't enough. Obi-Wan stared around the room with distaste heavy in his fogged mind. Pax would've died before she... Obi-Wan halted his thinking and his shoulders slumped as his knees came forward for his hands to rest on.

Every thought... every motion.... they all lead back to the two things he'd loved that were ripped away from him. It wasn't the same as Qui-Gon, yet it was. He'd never really known death until it came for the person with the face of a long-haired bearded man that he knew as his heart's father. When Qui-Gon had died, he'd never felt him again. Not once, no matter how he called into the Force with anguish and begging. The Force had swallowed him so completely that he would never sense him near again. Not even for the faintest of seconds, or the brush of a hand to his cheek. There were so many things he'd wanted to say. So many things to ask... he sighed shakily and his breathe plumed out in front of him into the cold night while he asked

10. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    :_| :_|
    OMG! One moment I was happily eating cake and now I'm crying! Damn you Bekka! ...but please post again. Damn you!!!

11. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    :_| :_| :_|

That was a great chapter, a horribly sad one, but a great chapter!

Poor Mara, now she doesn't remember anything!

And poor, poor Obi-Wan :_|

12. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Yup... you and I had better both hope no "Last Action Hero" opportunity presents itself to Obi-Wan Kenobi. Otherwise, we're both shiskabob.

CK

13. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
  14. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    - - Looks at all of the teary eyed faces - -

Is that the only way you can describe the chapter, then? [face_mischief]

So - what didja liiiike? :D

15. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    :_| :_| Poor Obi....
    I hate when you torture him like that. It always makes me cry. :_|
    But good post anyway! ;)

16. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    < throws empty box of Puffs at Bekka and opens a new one >

Evil.

You. Are. Evil.

You are also a damned fine writer.

But you are STILL evil.

< blowing nose and wiping eyes, goes to get ice cream >

17. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    *sob, sniffle, sniffle, sob*

I'm sooooo happy you're back on line :D

That was a greatchapter and you have reason to be proud of it. I loved the descriptive detail of the feelings that Obi goes thru. It was very heart-wrenching and very well done.

HA! I knew you couldn't kill that baby! Now though I have to worry that Obi will end up fighting her at some point... Bekka, you wouldn't be that cruel to him, would you?

grabs new box of Puffs and stares hard at computer So, since you were off-line for so long - didja work some more on the next chapter?????????? I hope....... :D

18. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh that's the beauty of it, Flashbacca - I'VE PREWRITTEN THEM ALL!

-- Cackles --

Which boosts up my "General Angstmeister" status. :D

But I will answer one question for once - no, he doesn't end up fighting her.

And as for the rest of you - thank you for you... odd... compliments. [face_mischief]

19. babybantha

babybantha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Damn. That was depressing.

Good job! 8-}

"He didn't remember buying the alcohol."

As soon as I read that line, I knew I was going to get a post full of Obi-Wan feeling miserable and you definitely didn't disappoint. Boy, do you know how to put that poor man through the wringer. Do I dare ask what you have in store for him next? ;)

20. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    No, you dare not.

FOR I HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN DUBBED DARTH PUFFS!!!

I was hoping I'd be chosen by a Sith Master before my birthday, and Chaos_Rose gave me a name. I am truly happy. :D

WesternRose: Puffs and Bekka, like Oreos and milk.
    Dreamsicle396: LOL! :) This will be the quote that defines my writing.
    WesternRose: I dub thee Darth Puffs!

IT HAS BEGUN.

21. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    :_|

Mind-wiped?! That's just cruel. :(

22. happygolucky

happygolucky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I liked this chappsie too. But you already knew that ;) :)

AOL is being a pain if I'm not on today blame AOL :)

This is sooooooo in need of an UP!

23. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    too busy weeping to reply, story too good and 7's still too depressed to reply...poor 7, :i mean poor Obi: [face_mischief]

24. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    - - Darth Puffs uses magical powers and sends lifetime supply to all - -

:D

25. Katie_Kenobi

Katie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2002
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! YOU KILLED RYO!!!!!!! OK, Anakin needs to get killed really bad, he KILLED RYO!!! Grrrr!!! He sooooo needs to die. Can we have a post that at least isn't despressing or makes us cry? I've cried for all the sad posts, and I never cry, EVER. I've got to hand it to you Bekka, you really are good, to make me cry like a little baby is really good. How could you? I knew Vader took her, he wouldn't have killed a little girl. Why and how did he turn? You know I hope Mara grows up and kills those to when she figures out what they did to her parents. She just better kill them. Or taunt Anakin with constant visions of a dying Padme crying for his help and he can't help her. Or for Palpatine she could get all the Hands together(even if there's only two) and do something to him really mean, like... I don't know enought about Palpatine to say how to torture him, but they'd torture him really bad. Really, really, really, really bad. Like I said before, can we have a non-crying or depressing post next? Pleeeeeeeease?

Katie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.