main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

| THE REQUIEMS |

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheFallen, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I don't think this next chapter is very depressing. Then again - I'm depressed right now. I'm sorry for dragging you all down with me.

2. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Chapter 2A : Second Thoughts On The Fighting Dervish

Production Notes 2A : The rest of this story (minus the final chapter) will be told from the point of view of a newly assigned officer. This is her own little 'Captain's Log'.
    Disclaimer : See Chapter 1A.
    Requirements : Just Chapter 1 in it's entirety. Though it'd be nice if you read (and reviewed) my other stories. Sorry, just some shameless soliciting of my own stories. Like people are actually reading this anyway.

-- Chapter 2A --

Entry Number : 0004293
    Authorization : Received
    Recording...

Well, this is certainly a new development. I've just been reassigned to the 'Fighting Dervish'. Remember that ship I told you about a while back? Well, it might not've recorded, I was pretty drunk when I was blathering. Meanwhile, back at my entry, I've just arrived here. It's even more surreal than I thought it'd be. For being the pride of the Republic, it's a busy one. The last ship I was stationed on didn't know respect from someone spitting on you, so this was a refreshing little surprise. These men (and women, I've found a lot more women enlisted here than on my last ship. I hope this means I won't be treated with courteous detachment as the last ship) are the most disciplined soldiers I've seen in a long while.
    Now, I know that you, whoever might that be, is going to call me the biggest hypocrite right now, but hells, I was wrong about someone. I may or may not have said that he was the biggest ram rod straight General in the military, and I may or may not have said that he was probably the biggest pompous nerf herder that should be strung up in the military, also. I'll just let you laugh for a second and get it out of your system.
    It must have something to do with their leader, that's for sure. General Kenobi. The man's aura emits a demand for respect and revering and he doesn't even realize it. Maybe this is where the women of the fleet have all flocked like someone was herding them... or sucking them in, shall I say. The man is gorgeous. When I first was introduced coming on board, I almost fell over. Thank the Force I regained some composure before I said anything. What's more ironic is the way he either doesn't notice it or just doesn't seem to care. He strikes me as a man not as self absorbed as the rest of the 'manly men' on this ship though. I could hang myself with the line of guys that've tried to get into my quarters for the night by now. I may be a woman, but I'm a damned Captain! For Force sake. Then again, I sent most of them packing... to latrine duty. I'm so sadistic it hurts, sometimes. At least that's what my friends tell me.
    Speaking of the Force, Kenobi is actually a Jedi. I told one of my new found friends that, and she looked at me like I was nuts. Turns out basically everyone knows that. Maybe that's why everyone in his presence just feels calm most of the time, like he seeps it out of his veins. Jedi calm, I suppose. Damn, I wish I were a Jedi sometimes... even though they're on shaky ground with the Senate. He just seems so damned serene sometimes I want to smack him. I thought that once during a meeting of the heads and he looked at me with the weirdest expression. Needless to say it, I did feel like the biggest idiot.
    Well, these past weeks have been the most hellish in a lot of respects. The General is one of the craziest morons I've ever met. It started when I stayed here while the others went out to a nearby planet for some leave. The ship's population was pretty well drained, since this had been the first leave in months. He went out on a skirmish himself last week and he came back beat all to hell with a few other pilot officers. Not just that, but he kriffing skidded into the docking bay while we were about to blast through to hyperspace. The other 2 came out first while he powered down. They were in pretty bad shape, one of them dead, rest in peace, the two other wounded pretty bad.
    It wasn't until he stepped out that the others paled in comparison. His entire uniform

3. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Amazing post Bekka. And don't be sad! You're Darth Puffs! You aren't aloud to! New chappy soon...please?

4. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Hmmmmmmmmmm - nice post - interesting - veeeery interesting........... Bekka my mind is working overtime trying to follow your devious thought processes and figure out where this is going......

Thank you newly dubbed Darth Puffs for the lifetime supply - am I going to need it? :_|

AND

Gee, Thanks for a direct answer. :eek: I about fell off my seat when I read that. Shells and Shards - I actually got an answer.. :D :D

Sooooooooooooooo, you sneaky devil you, written them all have you, keeping them from us are you......... HEY Chaos_Rose, didn't you mention something earlier about torture??????? ;)

oh, btw - what's the officer's name?
    .......... :D Flash

5. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh look what I've done. I've made you all suspicious of any action I do.

Good.

:D

I love a paranoid fan club.

[face_devil]

And where have your thoughts brought you to, Flashbacca, trying to follow my Sithly mind? I hope you didn't get lost.

6. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    You know... as much as we think alike, I am hoping, sincerely hoping this isn't going to be as bad as I think it might be... RUN OBI!!! RUN!!!!

CK

BTW: Great post, but I'd like to know the Officer's name too.... and couldn't you have described the delicious General!Obi a bit more at the beginning??? Oh, wait, if you'd have done that, I'd have been much too distracted to read anymore ;)

7. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    < Chaos_Rose locked in a duel with Darth Real Life, pauses to read Bekka's new bit >

You really are setting us up, aren't you Darth Puffs? Odd thing is, I can see Kenobi giving that speech, too.

< Darth Real Life, now joined by Darth Mom weilding her guiltsaber drive Chaos into a temporary retreat >

8. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Just because you have an obsession with a certain Jedi General, CK... :p

I think I'll just let you all stew. You just have to think though - Obi's got nothin' to lose and I have nothing more to take from him... Hmmm...

9. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Just because you have an obsession with a certain Jedi General, CK... And your point is? 8-} (oh, she who threatens with Padawanhaircut!Obi)

Obi's got nothin' to lose and I have nothing more to take from him... Hmmm... DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!! I don't know, nor do I want to know what devious little sequel you are plotting, but STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!!

OH wait,I want a sequel.... hmmmm.... I guess you could torture him a bit more.... (but could you put in a few more General!Obi images [face_tonguehangingoutanddroolrunningout] )

EDIT: CONGRATS ON 100 POSTS Bekka! Do we get a celebratory post???

10. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    That was a celebratory post. [face_plain]

[face_mischief] :p

WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M THINKING, CK?! HUH?! YOU THINK I'M GOING TO KILL OBI NOW, TOO?! OR MAYBE... [face_mischief] [face_devil]

Let's play "WHAT'S DARTH PUFFS THINKING NOW"!

11. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Darth Puffs' devious little mind is working overtime. I can tell because my screen is smoking! :p

No - I haven't gotten lost yet, a little turned around, but not lost - Wookies have good noses and good sense of direction. Besides, if I did get lost, I would just follow the sounds of screaming and I would find you again.

Where have my thoughts led - well let's just say - you might need to give Obi some(one) interests(ing) before you take them (her) away and torture him for awhile.

Chaos_Rose - keep up your guard - don't drop your elbows and for heaven's sake protect the face! :D

and CK
    :D OH wait,I want a sequel.... hmmmm.... I guess you could torture him a bit more.... (but could you put in a few more General!Obi images [face_tonguehangingoutanddroolrunningout] )
    I totally 100% agree with you. :cool:

12. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    LULLABYE

Tears that angels cry

And they darken all the sky

When the one you love says good-bye

Tears that angels cry

Sing a lullabye

Sing it soft and only sigh

When the one you love says good-bye

Sing a lullabye

When your love still is strong

When the one you love is gone
    -- Emitt Rhodes

13. Chaos_Rose

May 12, 2002
    I have a bad feeling about this...

< back to slaving for Darth Work >

14. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Actually I just thought that was a really nice short song. :)

15. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    So I'm bored and fishing for replies while editing and formatting the next chapter. What's a new question that I'll ask that will get no replies? :( Here it is -

Hmmm - well, what are some favorite lines/moments/whatever in the series, now that it's coming to an end?

16. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Hmmm... I liked "If I Should Leave You." That is my all time favorite right now (mainly cause it had a happy ending... BEKKA!!! )

17. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Yeesh - you want HAPPY?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! Well, the vignette is kind of happy - and the story after that (as of yet UNNAMED AHEM - but I'm thinking of 'Second Grace' for some reason) is pretty happy.

18. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    *goes back, re-reads 'If I should leave you'* GASP! Bekka...happy ending...i think the world is about to end. *pokes Bekka* post...

19. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Chapter 2B : Second Thoughts on the Fighting Dervish 2
    Disclaimer in Chapter 1.

Entry Number : 0004295
    Authorization : Received
    Recording...

I finally discovered what happened. I can't even think of it now without wincing, though. Such a man as him didn't deserve this.

It started when I was trying to repair a busted up rim on the main release valve while we were under fire. Hydro spanner gave way and flew straight at me, the only thing saving me from getting cracked in the face by it was ducking. It barely glanced the top of my head, but it was enough to send me reeling and get an all expense paid vacation to our glorious healer's. Mind you this wasn't my idea, there's enough wounded, screaming guys down there for them to be fussing over me.

Iric, one of my only friends that'd made it through everything in one piece, was down there. He was technically on break, needed someone to talk to, and I just needed someone to stop the myriad of dancing banthas in my head. I don't know who started the conversation... or where I even got the balls to ask him about it, but I found myself learning a little more about Kenobi.

Iric knew him by reputation, mostly, like the rest of us. Knowledge on him was scarce, most of the men that knew him more having died. But someone, Iric knew the whole story. He wasn't very keen on telling me where he got it from, though. The only reason he was telling me, so he said, was so I didn't go trying to talk to the General himself and making an ass out of myself.

I'll try and remember what he said while I sat there with an icepack to my head while he straddled the chair in front of me. "Just listen, Kyra. I'll tell you what I want to, just to let you know a fraction of that guy's personal hell. When he went off on a few sabbatical days after the reconnaissance mission a while back, he went off to see his daughter n' wife. Well, few days later, and some guy that's been bearin' a grudge 'gainst him shows up while he's trying to break for it back to the ship. His daughter got hauled off, never saw her again. His wife... she got shot in front of him." Iric stopped and took a swig of the latest engine grease of a drink they made. "Got shot himself, then. The guys that found 'im with his wife didn't even know if they should try n' save 'im or just leave 'im there to die. The way he just stared at his wife, looked like it'd be the kinder thing to do. But they called Healer's in and they got there in time to save 'im... I don't care what anybody says... he was a hell of a fighter before, but now he's just a force to be reckoned with. He lost something out there, girl... something he'll never get back. Now I know what you're thinking. You studied psychology before deciding to ship out, but don't. Not a soul in this galaxy can help that poor bastard, and I don't want you gettin' dressed down for what I told you."

I just kind of wandered through the halls back to my own bunkroom after that and laid down. It was hard to imagine all of it, really. I knew something had to've happened... but that... that's just too much. I started to feel bad for actually thinking many of the things I did. If I went through that, I'd be more of a hellcat than that, that's for sure.

I was on the bridge late one night while we were docked when I saw him for the first time after I'd heard about it all. I actually froze and wondered if I could just back out really slow and I could take care of whatever business I'd abruptly forgotten about later. Only by sheer willpower did I make my legs move forward instead of back past him and over to the terminal, muttering an 'Evening, General' in passing. He answered back, and after 20 minutes of working at the terminal at lightening speed, I thought he'd actually fallen asleep, until I noticed his eyes were just cracked enough for the light to glint off them and his hand twirled a necklace absently, hanging over the arm of the chair. At least I thought it was a necklace - it was burned and charred, and looked like it had seen bett

20. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    awww...*huggels Obi* Poor Obi. Post more when you can. As i said before, short is sweet...

21. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    Good post. :)

22. Chaos_Rose

May 12, 2002
    Bekka and 'happy ending?'

Great post, Darth Puffs!

23. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Bekka and happy endings don't get along.

24. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    GRRR!!! :mad: Now VADER has CK after him with her pack of sith *******!

Why, you ask? Because him and his damn imperials had to show up and end the post early! Hmmph... See how Vader likes it when he is covered, head to toe with skittering, dangling, biting, jumping, hairy SITHLY *******!!!!

25. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    oooohhhh! Nice post Bekka
    *dances with glee* I didn't have to use my Puffs. Thanks Darth.... :D
    Post more when you can - I really liked this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.