main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

| THE REQUIEMS |

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheFallen, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    NO I disagree totally - Bekka and happy endings get along beautifully. I liked If I Should Leave You also, but I am still working my way thru a story so I'll decide later which one is the fav. Liked the 1st one where they met.

Nice post Bekka. What is the name? please? I answered your question...........'nother post soon?

2. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Actually, her name is Kyra. Just some random soldier in the army of the Republic that I plucked out of my mind. :)

I'll make Second Grace a VERY happy ending.

3. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I'll make Second Grace a VERY happy ending.

Why does that frighten me?

4. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Must be the "happy ending" said by the person who was recently dubbed Darth Puffs. :p Go read my story on your thread... :D COMPLETELY TRUE, MY FRIEND! Happend TONIGHT.

5. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    *sigh* Thank you. I like it when you start plucking things out of your mind. I don't suppose you would pluck another post out, would you oh mighty PuffMaster?

*jumping up and down, clapping paws and hooting with glee* Oh goody, another story.....uh oh my downstairs neighbor is mad, must've knocked down the china again.....hehehehe

6. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh, not just one, my friend - two. For the price of one. :eek:

7. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Chapter 2C : Second Thoughts on the Fighting Dervish 3
    Disclaimer in Chapter 1.

Entry Number : 0004296
    Authorization : Received
    Recording...

Ah, where was I...

I learned a lot about that elusive character that night. And a lot of nights afterwards when we'd meet in passing and start talking on cold nights on the bridge when hardly a soul was awake. Hardly anyone wasted precious sleeping time, but to be honest, I wouldn't have given anything for a minute less of talking to him. Of course I got a lot of flack from the gossip mongers a lot of the time. It was worth it, though. I'd like to think it was profitable for the both of us. He was an interesting character, General Kenobi. I learned that the necklace that I'd first saw him idly playing with was his wife's, and with a small quirk of smile said that he'd gone to great lengths to get it, and wasn't about to leave it behind. That the most common thing he'd ever heard in this war was "Tell my family it?ll be okay." You could tell by the far off look and the quietness after the statement that he had heard it all to recently. But most of all, that he wasn't nearly as cold and dark as most say that he is, and most of all that he certainly isn't insane, as most of the higher-ups try to pollute into the minds of the pucks when they first arrive.

But no matter how much I talked to him, I never shook the feeling that I'd never even scratched the surface of who he was. His demeanor - always stoic to the point of insanity. His smiles - never truly there, with a glint of self deprecating, depression in his eyes. I suppose there are some things you never get over. He told me once that he didn't even have a picture of her - only memories of days gone by and happiness that leaked through his fingers.

I suppose all that's different now. I've not seen him in months. The last I'd heard is that he was having bounties placed on his head left and right from all directions. The Jedi Temple was destroyed not long ago, and I can't imagine what it was like for him. I never got to speak to him after the last conversation we had. I fear the worse, mostly.

Somehow... I think he knew what was to become of him. The last thing I ever heard him say to me was, "Things are changing, Kyra - for the worse. I hope you don't. I'll see you the next lonely, cold night. Force be with you." And I never saw him again.

I hope that somewhere... he's finally resting. If it be in death, I sincerely hope it's peaceful. Gods know that he deserved something after all he went through. For some reason I thought that when the crew or I would last see him, it would be with triumphant heralding light or some other cosmic phenomena. But it wasn't... he just slowly faded away of our lives, just as he had entered most things, I'd learned. Quietly, but leaving a mark on every person he flashed a smile to, or conspiratorially winked at.

The newest commanding officer of the ship is calling me again ? it better not be for another Gods be damned mission. I'll have to continue later.

End Transmission.

Iric wiped a solemn tear that had somehow leaked from his eye away from his dark face. He let out a deep, shaky breath and finally closed out of the end of Kyra's log. The rest of her personal effects filled a small crate, ready to be shipped to her mother. "You were kindred souls with him, Kyra. Hope you found peace, also, my friend." Iric kissed his fingertips before letting them rest on a scratched and torn holo.

Sighing deeply, he finally closed the crate and carried it out of the room, pausing quietly at the doorway. So much life, so much living yet to be had. She'd been assigned to a ground mission after she last recorded, and she never came back, as did the rest of her team. Reaching slowly, dejectedly for the light, he slowly turned it down to darkness. He could tangibly feel her presence in the room, her mark on every object within. He let one tear course down his cheek before closing the door securely.

He walked away, and he couldn't help b

8. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Geez... why don't you just kill everyone already?! :mad: Oh, wait, you already did. [face_plain]

That's it, from now on when I read your fics, I am just going to HATE everyone. That way when they die, as they most assuredly will, I can cheer instead of be depressed!

EDIT: hmmph... you say the next chapter will be happy. It'd better be, and not just Obi dying alone and then going to join up with his family and Qui-Gon in the Force! (will he get Mara back???)

9. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    It better be a happy ending...no more death! I say we all riot! *holds up signs, marches around thread*

10. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    YOU WANT ME TO EDIT IT SO SHE LIVES?!

FINE!

Maybe the happy ending is that Obi-Wan will get together with her after he "moves on" and they can all movie to Tatooine, forget about the Brat-from-bratty-gene-pool and have a harem!!

[face_plain]

My bad.

11. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    YOU WANT ME TO EDIT IT SO SHE LIVES!!!

Yup 8-}

12. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    And heck, if you're gonna go that far, bring Ryo back too!!!

Whoo hoo!

13. Chaos_Rose

Chaos_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Hah! I only had to blow my nose this time!

Wonderful post, Darth Puffs!

14. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    *&%#@&*%@^ Bekka I got all excited when you said 2 for one....jumped up and down, broke something downstairs AND YOU KILLER HER OFF!!AND THEN STOPPED!!!!!!

No not Darth Puffs, Darth Torment and Anguish
    aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh jumping up and down, pulling out fur, suddenly stops and - [face_mischief] wait a minute - you didn't actually say she was dead, just that she didn't come back from the mission.........hhhmmmmmmmmmmm, what's up in your devious little mind now I wonder? and where exactly did Obi fade away to?..........hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

oh, btw - nice post Bekka. Nice use of emotion without going overboard. :D So have you named the second story yet?
    runs around room chanting POST PLEASE!!!!

15. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I named the second story "Second Grace". :)

And you're RIGHT, Flashbacca. - - Glares at CK - - NOT EVERYONE DIED. You can just believe whatever you want to.

I really should get you a more soundproof room, Flashbacca - you're going to quake the entire neighborhood. :p

And the vignette is titled "Ad Astra Per Aspera". Anyone who can tell me who that means will get a special treat of their choice. :)

16. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    *grins toothily at Bekka* well if you would hurry up and sell some of your wonderful stories then you could just buy me my own planet and I could hoot and holler all I wanted to. :D

Well I finally managed to finish the series, so I'm up-to-date.
    Ahm, I can't pick a fav. I like them all for different reasons. Each one is best at what it does. [face_love]

[face_laugh] I will try to contain myself - if I do not my neighbor may very well have a wookie crashing thru the ceiling. :eek:

ok now for the part that is a must

POST POST POST POST POST POST PLEASE
    yeah i know, getting greedy aren't i? well you have no one but yourself to blame. i should be studying, not reading stories....sigh, but they are addictive....enquiring minds want to know, what happens next......?

17. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    "To the Stars, Through Difficulties"

:) What do I win? :D

And you're RIGHT, Flashbacca. - - Glares at CK - - NOT EVERYONE DIED. You can just believe whatever you want to.

OK, so Obi-Wan's dog, Kyra's Cat, and the mailman survived Bekka's story... 8-}

JK< ya know I love your fics Bekka, even when you do kill off everyone ;)

18. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Obi-Wan's DOG survived?! :eek:

-- Gets out poison and accidentally trips and falls, dumping it into dog food --

THAT outta take care of 'im.

[face_devil]

19. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Obi has a dog? I didn't know that, maybe it's my cousin George....... [face_laugh]
    -----------
    30 seconds later

ok so Obi had a dog - bye George, it was nice knowing you....... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

20. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Not anymore, he doesn't.

21. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Morning Bekka what are you doing up this early - or late depending on your perspective.

*crossing fingers hoping for a post*
    should I stick around?

22. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Wait - didn't you win something, Flashbacca? ?[face_plain]

Argh! I should KEEP TRACK OF THESE THINGS!!

-- Creepy Carnie mode --

Okay, pick a prize, little fella.

Someone pick a prize!!

I DON'T KNOW WHO WON ANYMORE ANYWAY!!

It's early, here - 2:09 AM, my friend. WOOOO!! I LOVE THE SMELL OF SILENCE, BABY!!

23. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey! What do I get since I did translate your title? A post? :D

24. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I don't know... DO YOU?!

:eek:

25. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Well, I have no idea what I won or when, but I choose.............

a Post? predictable as H$!! aren't I?

oh, btw *looks down at chest* uhm Bekka I'm a female wookie, a klutzy one to be sure, but the last time I checked, definately a girl......yeah it's about 1:14 am here. I love it when it gets all quiet and I can concentrate on whoever is tormenting Obi at that moment.... :D

hey Jenn great minds think alike. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.