main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

| THE REQUIEMS |

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheFallen, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Why do i have the feeling that CK's idea is the more likely to happen than mine?

Weary of deaths? YOU LIE!

2. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Bekka brings Kyra back from her lost mission, she finds Obi-Wan, they live happily ever after.... until of course Bekka kills them

3. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Bekka brings Kyra back. She finds out Mara's alive. Finds Obi-Wan. They locate Mara. They all form a family. And then...

*gasp* Bekka doesn't kill them! [face_shocked]

Nah.. that'd never happen. :)

4. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Enough speculation for you? Can we have a post now? :D

5. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    How 'bout I kill you, you little

-- Message Truncated --

6. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    CK you have a death wish for Obi?

If Bekka killed him she wouldn't have anothe 2 stories, logically she has to keep him alive...of course she could still kill everyone else. I mean, face it, she killed the dog.... :D

7. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    *thinks about sacrificing CK for a post* Ooooh....tempting...kinda...*sees CK glare* Nevermind?

8. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I don't really see Obi-Wan moving on from Ryo. I mean - really. Do any of you believe that he could ever let her go and move on with another woman?

I like to think not.

My Obi is a dedicated man. :p

9. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    Hmmm...that remeinds me; who cares to join me for a funeral for Obi's poor doggie?

10. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    WHO'S UP FOR A POST?!

I GOT THIS BABY ALL EDITED AND FORMATTED AT LAST!!

11. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    ya know... kill me and POS goes unfinished. Comatose Obi-Wan trapped in the hands of the Sith...

12. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Bekka if you don't post, I'm gonna start singing.....

13. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    If Bekka killed him she wouldn't have anothe 2 stories, logically she has to keep him alive...of course she could still kill everyone else. I mean, face it, she killed the dog.... True, but...

Oh wait, I'm not supposed to tell...

la de da de da de da 8-}

14. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001

[b][u]Chapter 3[/b][/u]
    DARK?S REQUIEM
    Sometimes . . . I Almost Dream

Disclaimer in Chapter 1A.

End Production Notes - This is it. Tears, no! No! Well - you probably aren't too sad. I will probably be taking a short vacation of any kind, since I've acquired quite a few broken knuckles from ricocheting them off my desk over the process of these five stories. Never fear - I have one more story to be told, be it a short one, though. But until then...

And for this final chapter - I have the song 'My Weakness' by Moby planned to play in the background. It may take a while to get - but trust me, it's worth it. If not, Loreena McKennitt's 'Dante's Prayer' is brilliant, too.

[hr]

========================

Sometimes - I Almost Dream

========================

The hot air of this planet will be hard to get used to. But maybe it would help to warm the coldness within me. This planet - which so long ago we searched for help on, myself unknowing that this very dry, desolate land would serve as on of the largest crossroads of my life. Now, so many years past, I return here. The changes are unseen by me. Mos Espa - still a hive of the lowest of the low on the galaxy. Slavers, rapists, thieves, pillagers. It's amazing how a small bar can fill with such villainy seemingly at all hours.

Yes - it will take time to get used to, this place. Then - a lot of things will take 'getting used to'. Funny, I was trained to be a ghost, to blend in shadows and lend hands when needed - but this is a little extreme even for the Jedi. The Jedi - no more than a dead religion that will be passed to toddlers on the laps of their fanciful minded uncles. Yes - being alone for the rest of my life will be a certain change.

No, I don't think that I'll ever get used to this place. Just tolerate it, until the time comes to leave. But I sense that that will not be for many revolutions. It will be quite some time until I will escape the burning of these twin suns. I shall make the best of my time.

There is really not much one can do, living alone in the midst of desert and heat that slowly transforms into desert and cold by night. Such a lifeless planet - merely a byway to the next outpost on the outer rim to buy and trade merchandise - whatever it might be. The first few days I was here I tried helping people. It bought attention that I needn't have, and I learned to deal with the fact that I can't help them all - or even any of them.

After moving to the outskirts of the Dune Sea, it was much easier. I live alone with my thoughts and memories - the ones I allow myself to access, at least. I retreat into my mind as only a Force sensitive can and sift through the past and a lifetime of images - finding some that will keep me sane until the time comes when I can leave this place, this place, my final repose.

She follows me. She is there in all of the pictures of my mind's eye. Whether it be with our daughter or with... HIM... she is always there. It's funny, you see, because whenever I remembered her before all this happened, her smiles would shine through my mind like a warm ray of sun. Now they shine - but there is sadness in her eyes that makes me falter.

I refuse to believe she haunts me, but merely follows me. Though I've never seen Mara, but my heart aches to catch just a glimpse of her fire hair and the twinkling of her radiant eyes, turned upon her father that too often gave in to her begging. I often wonder why it is only her mother that comes to me. Odd times, she appears - but mostly in ways that you can never quite be sure if it happened.

The waking moments half in slumber, the waning daylight of dunes casting shadows, and the barest sight of a lithe creature disappearing around a corner are all places that I've seen her. Though there were times when she spoke, I find it impossible to discern those from times when I thought I was hallucinating - and I was sometimes.

"You looked cold." She remarked on the dawning of day the night I spent contemplating in a rundown, ob

15. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    A Message From Darth Puffs

Oh my. This seems to be the end already. Giant hugs to everyone - especially those who stuck with this from the very beginning. Oh dear, methinks I need a hanky. Anyone else? It seems only yesterday that I started this series. I hope that whenever I start posting new stories ? you?ll all be there. Because it just wouldn?t feel like a Walk the Sky story when I was missing one of you.

See ? I never thought I?d write more after this. I always thought hey, I?ll take a hiatus now. Maybe hit the Bahamas, have some nice beverages. Then the record skipped a beat and I though ? ?What the ? BAHAMAS? No way, baby.?

I?ll probably never stop writing the Walk the Sky series ? but for now, I?ll have a short break before I write a story that deals with Anakin?s turning directly afterwards. So, I would keep this story on active topic notification ? I?ll post the link to the next story here.

As always, I hope that since December you had a good time, whether you?re an old reader or new. I aim to bring happiness, and I like to think that I did.

Or I brought at least sadness.

I am, after all, Darth Puffs.

16. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    *stand up, claps, crying* It's over?! NOOOO!!!!!! I loved this...it's over...give me some Puffs...

17. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Does this go straight into ANH from here?

Good post, good end to the Obi/Ryo saga. :)

18. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Yes, it goes straight into ANH from there. So, I trust it all met your approval? -- Hopeful --

19. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Waaaaaaaaaahhhhh

I will miss you while you take a break, but you deserve one......wait a minute you never addressed the Mara issue........? He can't die alone......! Drats Bekka I hope this is a teaser without being obvious.....there is more, right?

I love Lorena McKennitt. One of my fav cd's.. :D

20. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    *pounds on table* TEASER! TEASER!

21. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I addressed the Mara issue in that tiny little paragraph. :p I added that just for you! ;)

How 'bout... since I don't really know what happens to her in the books... That she breaks free of the Emperor's grip and meets Luke, and by some grace from the gods, doesn't mind that it's inevitable that when they have children, the brat gene will pass on to another generation. :D

22. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Well... Technically, if it goes straight into ANH, EVERYBODY DIES!!!! ROTFLMBO!!!

: CK dances around chanting:
    " CK was right, CK was riiigghht!"

Did it meet with my approval? OF COURSE IT DID!!! :)

23. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    most definate approval Bekka you have done a marvelous job with this set of stories. Can't wait for the next one.
    :D

yep, i saw the Mara paragraph - thanks for thinking of me. :D toothy happy wookie grin - now i'm off to be 'cause all this stompin has me beat..... night all

24. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    And you say I'm sadistic, CK.

"EVERYBODY DIES! EVERYBODY DIIIES! BWA HAH HAH HAH HAAAAH."

:eek: [face_plain]

Down, girl.

:D

25. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Nope, I am going to enjoy my little cheering section. It is the only break I am allowing myself before going back to slave over that monster everyone seems to be so enthralled with. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.