main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT RYL: PT Social Thread - The First Annual RYL Awards (name pending)(TM) Day 5!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Which "Disney Star Wars" movie is your favorite?

Poll closed Jan 3, 2019.
  1. Episode VII - The Force Awakens

14.3%
  2. Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

25.7%
  3. ROGUE One: A Star Wars Story

45.7%
  4. Solo: A Star Wars Story

2.9%
  5. The Pillar of Storge: A Pillar of Storge Story

11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
  2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  3. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Dogs are the best!

4. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Yeah, I know. It's just that I didn't like the way you expressed it. It was just a fan art. It wasn't violent or hateful. The internet is already full of shirtless Kylo memes which was inevitable. Maybe I was too sensitive that day, but the "damn you" part didn't sit well with me.

It's clear when someone is joking and when someone is genuinely upset. Being upset by someone else's opinion is a problem everywhere on this forum (or in any other part of the internet, really). I'm hoping at least this thread could be different. That would help avoid tensions and drama.

Well, I opened a discussion now so it looks like I'll be here for awhile. [face_thinking]

Anyway, thanks everyone for the nice comments!! :)

5. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    That's the problem, though. I don't think it is clear to all people. There's a wide spectrum of people in here, and there have definitely been misunderstandings about humor.

For the record, the only bashing that sticks with me and bothers me is my own. There's so much negativity everywhere, and I don't enjoy finding myself furthering it.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
  8. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    this is me 99% of the time

not just this thread, but every thread I post in [face_laugh]

I will give you an example.

I really dislike the character Ahsoka Tano. I feel she does the films more damage than intended and somehow diminishes both Obi-Wans's and Lukes roles in the saga. But I don't really know how to express that anywhere on this board without pissing somebody off.

I also saw TLJ again, I like it more and more as I watch it, but it finally clicked with me what I do not like about it. I didn't dare jump in here with my thoughts because people already think I am too negative already...even though I have explained I find it more comfortable to talk about things I don't like than things I do. I think there are two reasons for this

1) I like to get things off my chest

2) I don't like over-positivity...it comes across as sycophantic and fake to me.

I try to live by this rule in RL

have any opinion you want...on ANY and ALL subjects. I respect that if you respect my right to have my own opinions on ANY and ALL subjects.

9. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ I can get behind that sentiment.

10. Evening Star

Dec 18, 2015
    I agree, although people usually post this emoji :p That's a sign they're joking, I'd say.

But the huge problem with the internet is definitely misunderstanding in general. That's one of the things I hate about it. I can't use sarcasm without people thinking I'm rude cause they don't see the expression on my face.

11. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I am always interested in what you have to say about SW, @Dandelo.

12. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I love everything SW, except for the NJO.

Jedi Knight Fett and Huttese 101 like this.
  13. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    So you'll be attending our Holiday Special screening tomorrow night?

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I love everthing about Star Wars except the Holiday special

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  15. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Probably, as I have never seen it.

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Same here, except your opinion on Ahsoka, keep that nonsense out of here*:p

*that was me joking

17. Evening Star

Dec 18, 2015
    First bolded part: There you go. That's what I was talking about. This is a forum. Unless you're gonna spread hate and be a troll or a spammer (which would get you banned anyway), I don't see why you couldn't say negative things about a movie. A movie! It's not a sacred cow. Not even ESB is. :p
    But I remember well when TFA came out. I was in the "hate cave" and while there were some actual trolls, people mostly expressed their disappointment. After awhile, the thread was locked. Why? Because TFA fans couldn't understand there were people who disliked the movie.

Second bolded part: Agreed! You can not like everything. It's impossible or at least I think so. There has to be something you disagree with. It's normal, we're all bothered by different things. If you're claiming everything is oh so wonderful, then you must be faking it for whatever the reason.

18. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
  19. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    yeah, i'd genuinely like to know what you were able to pinpoint in tlj that you didn't like (while liking it more generally):)

20. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    So would I, actually. And I am new to this thread.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Have you watched the whole thing? Obviously, it's cool if you don't like it, 99.999% of the human race doesn't, but if you haven't actually seen it all you might want to join us tomorrow. It will be hilarious no matter how you actually feel about it.

Of course, if you have seen it you can tell me to buzz off. :p

22. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    haha ok :D

well after the initial shock I have accepted the fates of Luke and Snoke...I went through the stages of grief thing and have now reached acceptance :p I even like the canto bight scenes now :D

ok...thing that bothered me the most. Well two things

A. Rey. I do not understand her sudden change of feelings towards kylo, it basically went like this

Rey: you murdering Snake, you monster!

Kylo: Luke was going to kill me.

Rey...oh...in that case, Han who?

I don't understand that sort of mentality. He still killed Han, regardless of what his uncle did/was going to do. Also the whole we can still turn him to the light stuff. So....that's it? he turns back and there are no consequences? (not to mention the deaths from SKB) Leia will be ok with a simple "sorry, but hey! i'm light side again" is that how it works in GFFA? I can accept that with Luke and Vader (hypocritically I know) but I can let it slide due to the fact they were father and son. But for it to happen twice...that doesn't sit well with me.

which brings me to my second point. Luke's absolute stubbornness in going back with Rey.

Rey: you failed him by thinking his choice was made it wasn't,

Luke: Rey...don't do this.

it just came across stubborn old man syndrome to which point I lost a bit of sympathy with his plight.

But eh :p

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I've seen it, but what time is this rewatch happening at?

24. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    9 Central. It's a late night thing. Bring rice, water pistols, bread to throw at the screen - the whole shebang.

25. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    What's the address?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.