main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, May 26, 2018.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Cowgirl, appreciate you taking your time to read.
    Yes, This is Han Solo we are talking about....no slowing once he's well....Time will tell.
    Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I hope for a reunion of Han & Leia, too. [face_blush]

Sometimes silly me wants happy endings like they happen in fairy-tales.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, Appreciate you taking your time to read.
    Like your comments....a reunion of Han and Leia? Could be....
    Lynda V.

4. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO Chapt. 7

It was early morning when Dr. Alcy Revidian opened the door to Han Solo’s room. “May our sun warm you all day.”

Han looked up from the reading pad, then laid it aside, “ Sounds like you’re becoming a native Saculkian.”

“This is my world now.” Alcy said as she approached his bedside, taking note of the empty meal tray; he was taking in nourishment.
    He looked better, not pale. She checked the readings on the monitors and saw he didn’t have the drips any more.

“So, you like the food here?” She asked with a smile, sticking a hand in the pocket of her white coat.

Han gave a wry smile of his own. “I’ve had worse” *

“How you feeling? Hear you are going to be moved to a physical therapy unit today.”

Han was able to lay flat now, but was sitting up in the bed. “Just another step to getting out of here.”

She glanced at the reading pad. “Something interesting?”

Han followed her gaze. “Been reading about the newest models of ships…how they’re outfitted.”
    He didn’t mention that he’d been doing some similar things, though illegally at the time, to his ship, the Falcon, for many years…
    just maybe they’d stolen some of those ideas from him!

“Been playing some board games with Irr, too?” She asked, nodding to the table, pleased he was keeping active and involved.

“Yeah…but it’s not as lively a game as it was with my partner.”

“Your partner…the Wookiee, Chew….a… Chew…”

“Chewbacca.” Han finished for her.

“Han, I’ve been thinking about something you said a while ago. You said you didn’t have a family…
    but you must have at one time…you have a son….

“I lost my son.” Han stated flatly. “I told you who he became.”

“No, you didn’t lose your son, he just turned a different way. It happens to all families…we hope it doesn’t.
    Parents do their best, but, children are individuals…as they grow and mature they make their own choices for good or bad,
    but they remain our children….we love them no matter what they do….our family forever.” She hesitated before continuing.

She looked down at the nails on her free hand. “I have a younger sister….she became…a…cantina dancer….among other things.”

“She wasn’t trying to destroy planets… people.” Han remarked sarcastically.

“No, but her actions destroyed our mother.” Alcy finished.

Han had no rebut to that; just pursed his lips.

“Tell me about your mate. If I’m not asking something too personal.”

Han took a deep breath. “Leia, my wife.”

“Leia.” Alcy repeated. “That was one of the names you whispered when we first found you.

“We’re not together any more, haven’t been for years.”

Alcy smiled. “Yet, it was her name you said. You still care for her…..love her.”

Nothing from Han.

Alcy sat in the chair by the bed. “That ring we found….she give that to you? She was Alderanni?”

Han looked up at the ceiling. “Yes. When our son, Ben, was little we took a getaway trip. **

Just ourselves, we’d been through so much with the battles, the relocating and all. I had two rings made;
    one with the Alderanni crest and one with my Corellian home planet crest. We exchanged those rings
    at that special place.”

“And you kept the one of her home planet, which I know was destroyed years ago, all this time.
    Did she keep yours?”

“I don’t know.” Han replied.

Alcy straightened in the chair. “Being a sentimental female myself, I imagine she did.”

Han smiled…maybe.. he hoped.

“Don’t let your son’s self destruction destroy your life…the rest of your life…you do have a future now…
    you’ve come through an extremely serious medical event and doing well…it was as though that lightsaber
    blade just threaded through your body, missing vital areas. From what I’m told by Medical Official Dwa,
    you should return to full health,” with a smile, Alcy added, “for a man your age.”

Han chuckled as Alcy rose from the chair. “I need to get to my rounds.” Pausing at the door, she turned to leave him with one last thought.
    “And don’t take on any false guilt about your son or his actions. He is accountable for his own.

As Alcy opened the door, she was greeted by two transporter techs wheeling a gurney. She held the door open and heard them say as they entered.
    “Captain Solo…ready to start your therapy?”

“Let’s go!” Han answered enthusiastically.

* Referenced from my story published here: IMPATIENT PATIENT
    ** Referenced from my story published here: GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY

MORE TO COME…………July13th.

CaraJinn and AzureAngel2 like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Looking forward to see more. Perhaps even romance. I will be on holidays for a while and not able to go online. Not where I will go anyway.

Its not only a back to the roots trip of some kind, it is also about the WW2 memories of my mother as a toddler and me trying to understand something very essential.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  6. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Have a nice and safe trip. It is good to sometime go back to memories.
    The story will continue...maybe some surprises. We want Han to be completely well.
    Thought it is the 'sandbox' of George Lucas and Disney, I enjoy building my own sand castle.
    Lynda V.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Of course. This is why I am getting more and more away to force children, especially the toddlers, to produce an end product for their parents. I rather let them have their own way and let themselves try out different materials. Then I make photos of the "wow experiences", the "flow" (of ideas), the "magical moments" so to speak.

This is why I love fanfic that much, because people like you are around. Playing with the original story.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful and compassionate insights from Alcy. @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Nyota, appreciate you reading. Alcy has been a great asset..she has a lot of wisdom.
    We'll see if Han heeds some of it.
    Lynda V.

10. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    One step closer to reunion for Leia and Han. *crossing fingers, hoping for the best*

11. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO Chapt. 8

Han scooted to the edge of the bed, ready to stand. “I don’t need that thing.” He muttered to the
    techs, eyeing the gurney.

“We can’t let you try to stand yet.” The burly tech on the right told him. “We are to transport you to physical therapy. You’ll be evaluated there.”

Han gave a sour face, but lifted himself onto the table.

Looking around the therapy room… more of a torture room, Han thought, eyeing the machines with all kinds of appendages and fittings,
    weights hanging from the wall and poles all around, metal tables with straps. He noticed when someone, which he decided was female,
    exercising her arm at one of the machines, glanced his way.

“Alright, Captain.” The chief tech approached the gurney. Taking the medical chart pad and checking the day’s readings,
    said “Let’s see what you can do on your own first.”

Han sat up and scooted to the edge of the gurney, dangled his legs over the side and holding on, slid off….. and crumpled to the floor…

The techs were subject to a stream of hot Corellian curses…. “Weak as a damn net’ket.” He hissed.

Smiling as they lifted him up, one of the techs encouraged. “Take it slowly.”

Now standing, though a little wobbly and tugging at the hospital gown, Han said, “I’m not going to do this with my as….backside shining out of this!”

“I’ll get you a medical uniform.” One of the techs offered, leaving.

The chief tech noticed sweat beginning to bead on Han’s forehead and slightly shook his head.
    Was this going to be too rough for the old man?

Back with the uniform, one stood behind Han as the other help him into the dark blue pants and over shirt.

Feeling a little more human and with bolstered dignity, Han allowed the techs to support him as
    he took tentative steps, becoming stronger as they walked.

The session took around a standard hour and Han was ready to go back to the room when it was over. Irr was there with the midday meal tray.

“Up for another game after?”

“Sure,” Han agreed, dragging himself onto the bed. “After a few days of this therapy, I’ll be leaving…how about bringing me my clothes and blaster.”

“I’ll do that.” Irr agreed as he waited for Han to finish his meal.

“Well, how’s it going after four days of therapy?” Alcy asked as she entered Han’s hospital room…..
    and was met with him swiftly twisting around and drawing his blaster; pointing it directly at her.

Alcy screamed and cowered against the door; what a sight….wearing the hospital uniform, his holster strapped around his hips;
    tied at his thigh, unshaven, his hair grown somewhat shaggy, he looked every bit the smuggler he claimed to be.
    Han lowered the weapon…a little sheepish at being caught and scaring her.

“It’s off charge.” Han assured her as he holstered the blaster.

“What are you doing!!!!”

“Just practicing.” Han said nonchalantly.

“Practicing!”

“There’s more than one kind of therapy I need to brush up on.” He said, giving a wry smile and propping one
    hip upon the bedside, bracing himself with his foot to the floor.

Her composure regained, Alcy took the chair by the bed, gazing at her patient and after a while said.
    “You know, you were very fortunate this time, some may even say lucky…but,

Han cut her off…”What do you say?”

The doctor looked him straight in the eye…. “I don’t know. I only did what any doctor would do, the rest was up to
    fate, providence or something unexplainable. Honestly… you should have died instantly.”

“You believe in beating the odds?”

“I’m not a gambler.” She told him.

“I am.” Han declared with a crooked smile.

“One day, you’ll meet the someone or some circumstance that will best you.” She told him. “I’d hate to hear about it.”

Han just nodded. And silence covered the room for a few moments.

“How do you plan to leave here when the time comes?”

“You and Irr need that freighter out there?” Han nodded toward the room’s window.

She’d never thought about that. “We wouldn’t have any use for it. As far as I’m concerned, you can have it.
    You know in a New Order ship, you’d be a target for any Resistance or pirate ships.”

“I’ll take my chances…. ‘odds’ until I get to a planet where I can trade it in.” Han mused to her.

After zipping and snapping his pants, Han grabbed his shirt…then, for the first time, looked down at the dark,
    jagged scar that ran across his midsection, he was free of pain and discomfort now. Slight tears burned his eyes…for himself ?..
    or for the son who put it there? How could a son want to kill his father……or did he do it so his father could no longer see what he’d
    become…or to see the future depths of evil to which he would fall? With a grim, determined expression, Han jerked on the shirt,
    buttoned and stuffed it into the waistband…stomped into his boots, then buckled on the blaster holster.

The door to the room opened and Medical Official Dwa entered, followed by Alcy and Irr. “Captain Solo…I’ve discharged you.
    Dr. Revidian tells me you are taking the New Order freighter.”

“That’s right.” Han answered, waiting.

“Take care of yourself. It takes time for the body to completely heal, especially at your human age.
    Rest up and give yourself another three-four solar weeks. I have no medications to give you. You’ve done extremely well.

“How much do I owe you for the care?” Han asked.

Dwa smiled, “Dr. Revidian told me you helped destroy an abominable New Order weapon.
    I’d say that pays the bill for the many planets that will now be spared.”

Han raised his hand for a good-bye…which Dwa met.”Thank you, I’m grateful.” He then shook hands with Irr and gave a hug to Dr. Revidian.

“Maybe we’ll see you again, one day.” Alcy commented as Han pulled on his jacket.

With a silent nod, a smile and last look. Han left the room and headed for the door to outside.

MORE TO COME….JULY 20th.

AzureAngel2 and CaraJinn like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent and swift progress with therapy. I enjoyed your OCs immensely & hope they will cross paths with Han again. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    [face_rofl] Poor Han. Where did his dignity go...?

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Maybe we’ll see you again, one day.” Alcy commented as Han pulled on his jacket.

I also hope so.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  15. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Thanks for reading. Been under the weather this past week, but mending.
    Han is leaving the hospital and out on his own...Lynda V.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  16. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, Appreciate you reading. We'll see how things progress.
    Lynda V.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO Chapt. 9

Standing at the edge of the yellow shrub-lined walkway, Han shielded his eyes from the bright sunlight; the first he’d seen in many days.
    Catching sight of the First Order freighter in which Dr. Alcy and Irr had brought him to the facility, he looked left and right, then proceeded
    toward the ship, which wasn’t docked too far away, enjoying the walk, the fresh air and the warmth of the sun on his back.

Upon reaching it, Han searched around the opening for the hatch release. Finding and slapping it, he entered…looking for a light source.
    He took his time exploring the inside; cargo hold, cabins, supply closet, galley, lavatory….maintenance pit, cockpit.

Sliding into the pilot’s seat, Han studied the instrumentation. One didn’t just go into a ship they’d never flown before and immediately know what to do.
    Each ship was different.

Finding the power switch, Han pulled up the view-screen and the navi-puter…checked overhead for power-gauge, pressure, gun turret,
    running lights and other readings, then hit the ignition switch, feeling the energy surge…smiling to himself…the Falcon didn’t start that smoothly.
    Pulling a toggle switch, the covering came off in his hand.. ‘maybe it was like the

Falcon’. He looked around for a place to lay it..then, half rising from the seat, stuck it in his left pants’ pocket…
    his fingers touching something already there. He grasped it, bringing it out to see what it was….his breath gave a little catch…
    the Alderanni Crest ring. *

Memories flood his mind, he shook his head; a tuft of hair falling over his right eye…he needed to leave….
    quickly get rid of the ship and find a place to stay for a few solar weeks…then he’d decided what to do.

Ready for liftoff, Han glanced at the facility again, then pulled the yoke. Rising slowly,he guided the ship into a hundred and eighty degree turn,
    then pulled up to gain altitude.. he smiled, liking the way this ship moved…almost effortlessly.

Once in the endless realm of star studded space, Han searched the navi-puter for a place
    to sell or trade off the vehicle…this would take some time, as he discovered this freighter
    didn’t have hyperspace capability. Just as well, he had some thinking to do. He just hoped he didn’t run into any trouble.

Light reflected off Han’s face as he scrolled the navi screen…..scratching his stubbled chin, he continued to scroll, there had to be a place…tapping the screen with a fingertip, Han said to himself. ‘That’s the place…….Ord Mantell…haven’t been there in years.’

Nearing the planet, Han decided to land on the dark side. Taking the comm-link he called for a response….nothing….trying again…he was met with a threat.

“Identify yourself or be shot out of the sky.”

“Han Solo…I’m in a First Order ship.”

A blast from the planet streaked past the cockpit window….a warning, Han knew, but too close for comfort.

“Hey!!…I’m NOT First Order! I stole this ship and want to ditch it.” Han knew the denizens below would understand what he wanted.

“Land at coordinates 137 - 28...docking bay 34.”

“Thanks.” Han snapped off the comm-link and set the controls for landing.
    Once on ground, Han shut down the ship and headed for the lights in the distance, drawing up the collar of his jacket and hunching
    his shoulders against the cool night wind as he walked. Sounds from the cantinas grew louder and rowdier the closer he approached,
    others walked toward or from the settlement area…Han and the species sizing up each other; no one made eye contact.

Reaching the cobbled street Han stopped, surveying the area… several lithe females swaying up to him. Han brushed them off with a nod and wave of his hand.
    Unsmiling, they left…their moneymaking for the night would be lessened with this rejection. From a side alleyway a no-arms being rushed to Han, pushing him….
    in a lightning flash, Han drew his blaster and the being ran. Others watched the display…wondering to themselves who this silver haired outlaw was.

Looking around for any others who wanted to get too close, Han, holstered the weapon, then ambled slowly into one of the cantinas.

‘Things never change.’ Han mused to himself as he walked into the shadowy, smoky room. There were a few species there, enjoying
    what and who the cantina served.

Strolling up to the bar area, Han leaned over the counter….

“Hey!” The humanoid server shouted. “No one leans on the counter.”

Han pointed to himself, acting innocent.

“Yes, you, old man.”

Han frowned. ‘Old man.’ He rose to stand straight.

“Can I get you anything?” The server grudgingly asked…the man was a customer after all.

“A Jan-co rum…and someone who’d like to buy a First Order freighter.”

The server eyed Han over from head to waist….to blaster….then filled a glass with the rum and sat it down before him. Han pushed a credit toward him.

“You got a ship to sell?”

Han took a sip of the strong drink, gazed around the cantina. “Stole it…need to get rid of it.”

The bar server nodded in understanding. “Take that corner table. Might take a bit of time, but, I’ll see what I can do.”

Han nodded, took the drink and headed for the booth.

Han had been watching the coming and goings of the Cantina for a while, musing about the deals he’d made thirty and forty
    solar years ago in places like this……still making them now…

Sitting up straighter; Han placed his hand over his blaster, as he saw a withered, cloak covered being near his table.

The being sat down without a word. Han waited.

“ Han Solo.”

Caught off guard, Han blinked in surprise. “You know who I am?”

“Of course..I’ve known who you are since you were born. Glad to see you are doing well."

Han was speechless, he didn’t think at this age anything could shock him.

“How?” Was all he could sputter out…feeling like a kid again.

“Doesn’t matter how…“ the face shadowed being said, “that‘s a story for another time….another meeting.
    You must be on your way. How much do you want for the ship?”

Confused, bewildered, feeling out of control…He sputterd out “Two hundred thousand legal credits.”

“Where is the ship?”

“South side of town. You’ll know it by the markings.”

The being reached for the Corellian’s left hand, drew it toward him, and after tapping a long blue fingernail
    over the face of a silver chit, place it in Han‘s palm..

“I’ll take the ship.” The being said. “You’ll find an LX-200B ship parked a ways back from the Blue Comet Cantina, north of here. I
    t’s a fast ship…no markings.”

Han looked at the chit in his hand.

“All the information about the ship and the two hundred thousand credits are on that.” The being told Han as he rose from his seat.

“Wait…” Han urged.

“Go quickly where you are going.” The being raised a hand in leaving and walked into the crowd milling around the floor of the cantina.

Han looked down at the chit he still held….now to get to the ship and leave. But he was leaving with one burning question.

* Referenced in my story published here: GOING BACK TO YESTERDAY

MORE TO COME….July 27th.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That meeting that mysterious and helpful at the same time! Wow. You really know how to keep people hooked on to your story.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, Han unloaded the First Order ship quite easily and also got an exchange /replacement from a very mysterious person who knows who he is. Han's thinking I wish I knew who you were. :p
    Excellent descriptions of the cantina ambience on Ord Mantell. Definitely some things never change.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. jedi1871

jedi1871 Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2018
    Hopefully they will continue the story, excited to see where they will take it. I have always wondered that myself-->if Han survived, then what.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Azure, thanks for reading. Writers know that sometimes a story takes on a life of its own and goes places you didn't think of.
    We'll see how this turns out. Lynda V.
    Hi Jedi 1871 thank you for taking your time to read THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO.
    I've been a fan of SW since the beginning and I just wasn't ready to give up the character.
    Appreciate your comments. Hope you will enjoy the rest of the story. Lynda V.

22. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Hey? Who is that stranger? *ransacking brain for potential candidates *

23. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    Hi Cara,
    We'll have to wait and see if the 'stranger' plays a larger part in the plot.
    Appreciate your interest. You have any ideas for who it could be?
    Lynda V.

24. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    None at all. I was trying to remember the people surrounding Han during his meeting with Lady Proxima in Solo, but memory is too short.[face_thinking] So, no, no idea.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Hopefulwriter

Jan 6, 2016
    THE RETURN OF HAN SOLO Chapt. 10

Han gazed into the milling cantina crowd. Who was that being? He became aware of the hair prickling on the back of his neck…a time worn warning he never ignored. He pocketed the chit, drained the rest of his drink and, placing his hand over his holster, made his way out of the cantina…walking north….to where the ship was promised to be. Maybe there’d be time later to do some investigating about the one who said he known him since birth.

He could see the beginning of dawn; the sun rising on this side of Ord Mantell. The pink sun slowly being covered over by dark storm clouds; purple lightning passing between the clouds.

Han sped up his gate, looking for the Blue Comet Cantina….catching sight, he walked behind the building…the ship about three hundred meters further. Looking around the area as he approached the ship…watching to see if anyone would stop him.

Upon reaching the mid-sized star ship…Han found the hatchway access button, and entered, locked it behind him. Going to the cockpit, he scanned over the instrumentation.

Powering up, Han switched on the navi-puter and screen. A loud clap of thunder rolled across the sky above the ship.

Han smiled, seemed like thunder and the blast of proton charges sounded alike.

Pulling the yoke, the ship rose, turned and climbed into space. Han checked the screen….glancing at the empty co pilot seat…he missed Chewbacca, it felt so unnatural flying alone after being with the Wookiee for so long.

Checking the readout screen..he decided where to go. He couldn’t kid himself…he did need those extra couple of weeks to get his strength back.
    Punching in the coordinates, he figured he’d be at his destination in about thirty-two space hours.

He didn’t want to hyperspace it…wanted time to think…to plan what to say to those who believed him dead.

After setting the auto-pilot, Han settled back further in the pilot’s seat, getting more comfortable…intending to get some sleep.

Walking back to the cockpit from the galley, a cup of steaming java in his hand, Han glanced over the screen readout…he’d be at his destination in about half a ship’s hour.

Sitting back in the pilot’s seat, placing the cup on the flight console, Han mused over how he’d greet the ones who might have already been told he was dead.

The console alarm sounded, indicating an approach to the planet…Kashyyyk. Han worked the controls and entered the coordinates to land at his familiar spot. Gliding over the trees, he smiled. In the daylight, it didn’t look much different from earlier years. A few more huts; indicating more of the Wookiee population. Slowing for approach, a frown knit his brow….there was something…some kind of plant,* growing right in the middle of the landing area he’d always used. He swooped over the area again, he’d have to land nearby.

Bringing the ship lower for set down, Han guided the vessel as close to ‘his’ spot as possible, the power exhaust blowing the tree canopies nearly to the ground.

Han methodically went through the steps to power down, then exited the ship. Walking toward the pathway he knew would lead him to Chewbacca’s hut, he circled his old landing spot, eyeing the plant…which he recognized as a Star-Bloom tree sapling. He stopped, realizing that Chewbacca must have planted that, in his landing spot on Kashyyyk. He took a deep, emotional breath, then started down the path; a few places along the way overgrown with grass, the taller vines and limbs slapping against his jacket as he passed.

Moving down the well-worn path to where Chewbacca’s tree home was, Han mentally rehearsed what he would say.

Reaching the foot ladder that led up to Chewbacca’s home, he listened for any noise coming from the hut…..all was quiet. Grabbing a handhold, he began climbing the rungs. At the landing…he hesitated…looked around, then knocked on the door.
    (THE WOOKIEE LANGUAGE HAS BEEN TRANSLATED FOR THE READER)

Malla set down the weaving she had been doing and made her way to the door.
    She opened the door…her mouth flying open in shock.. “It can’t be!” She exclaimed, her eyes wide in recognition, then sagged in a faint.

Han moved quickly and caught under her arms to keep her from hitting the floor. He leaned her against the wall, then shut the door and began slapping her wrist. “Malla, Malla.”

She roused, looking up into Han’s face. “Han….my handsome one.”**

Han smiled at her nickname for him. “It is me Malla. Think you can make it to the chair?”

With Han’s help, she rose, and moved slowly to the chair and sat down.

“How? Chewbacca told me you were killed…by your son, Ben.” She fanned herself with
    the hem of her apron.

Han sat in the chair next to her, taking her hand in his. “I fell through a vent..a doctor on that
    facility found me and saved my life. I was taken to a hospital, had some surgery and therapy.
    I need a few weeks to fully recuperate and thought to come here. Hope I am welcome.”

Malla raised her hand to caress Han’s cheek. “You know you are always welcome here. Wait
    until Chewbacca get home and sees you.” She smiled, over the initial shock.

Taking a deep, relaxing breath, Malla asked. “Would you like some tea? Something to eat?”

She noticed his features, a little gaunt. She’d fill him out.

Han nodded, seeing a little more gray in Malla’s fur…they were all aging. “If you’ll put a little something stronger in it.”

“Won‘t take a moment.” She moved to the cooking room and put water on to boil, then getting a woven plate from the wall cabinet, chose some fruit and other foods to place on it.

Han leaned back in the chair, stretching his legs, closed his eyes and admitted to himself he was tired.

“It’s ready.” Malla called from the eating table.

Han rose from the chair and walked to the eating room. Malla was just pouring the tea into

wooden cups…then poured something into Han’s cup from a small, brown bottle…something Chewbacca shared with other male Wookiees when they came to visit.

The Corellian sat and took a long drink from his cup. Malla watched from her chair as she sipped her tea…enjoying the wonder of Han being alive…being here at their home.

“Chewbacca should be here soon.” Malla told Han.

Han smiled, anxious to see his old friend.

*From my story published here; BY ANOTHER NAME
    ** From my story published here: NEVER WITHOUT YOU

MORE TO COME…..August 3rd.

AzureAngel2 likes this.