main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Return of the Forgotten Ones [New Players Welcome]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Skywalker_T-65, Dec 4, 2012.

1. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Vessan Felian
    Tython Temple Freezing Chamber

“Good luck in this, Vessan,” said his former master, a Nautolan named Esarra. She looked up at him as they walked side-by-side toward the annex, ground zero for the freezing project. The halls were choked with technicians, a few security-cleared Jedi, and support staff. “So militant you are, but now is the time for peace. The future is the best place for you, I sense, and so does the Council,” she said quietly as she rested a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

The Khil Jedi touched both lightsaber hilts that hung from his belt. He felt the lightness of his newly issued monastic garments – a far cry from the armor he had employed while fighting the Brotherhood of Darkness. “True, perhaps in the future the Republic will have an army once more,” he then chose to lighten his words, remembering the High Council’s instructions for him to use his inclusion in the project to meditate on patience. “Your counsel will be missed, Master Esarra. I will practice your old lessons on the Unifying Force, wherever and whenever we end up.”

The two rounded the corner and entered the freezing room, it being filled with technicians and those to be Vessan’s companions in the project. Stepping into his designated freezing frame, he gave one last look around the room, his eyes finally landing on those of Esarra. His characteristic eagerness was somewhat diminished as he realized he would never see her, or anyone else he had known outside the project, ever again.

Vessan had little time for contemplation, as he became aware of a distinct lowering of room temperature, because of the release of tibanna gas as the process started. He had no guarantee when they would be thawed, or if at all. Such unknowns might be enough to panic a normal being, but they weren’t normal denizens of the galaxy. They were Jedi, expected to risk and accomplish all the rest couldn’t. However the time for thinking was over, and he allowed himself to release this era as the numbing dark washed him over completely.

1,000 years later

Darkness gave way to light, as bright as if staring into a quasar. Before Vessan Felian was really even conscious, his new world was bathed in brightness and bands of shifting color. His skin felt hot and cold at the same time, so intense it was as if his epidermis was being stretched to the point of removal; and then the sound. It came as a small pinprick of noise from the corner of his mind, before arriving at hyperspeed to encompass his entire being.

As his awareness abruptly sparked to life, the pain immediately followed. So much pain in fact that he gradually became aware that he was screaming at the top of his lungs. Or at least what Khil could count as screaming, as the species verbalized via the passing of air through their mouth appendages, known as hullepi. Calling upon the Force, he reached out with a sense beyond sense, and felt that he was falling rapidly. They’re thawing us.

Vessan quickly shot his arms forward, and the impact with the cold stone floor sent unusually powerful shock waves through his body. He was definitely experiencing some form of hibernation sickness, as the Republic medical officers had made clear was a very distinct possibility. While the rejection of the freezing process could dull the subject, so could it also heighten their senses to uncomfortable and unnatural levels.

The Jedi knight called upon all his training and attempted to insulate his senses from all the confused stimuli.

He remained on all fours on the stone floor, shaking his head and giving an uncomfortable and stuttering yell as he brought himself back under sensory control.

After a few minutes, Vessan was able to bring himself up to his full height. He brushed off and straightened his tousled robes, and looked around the room. It was wrecked, the carefully maintained surfaces and equipment he remembered from what seemed like minutes before were scattered and in disarray. The onlookers were gone, and the only ones present were the six others he had been frozen with – and someone he had never seen before. It was a Selkath that seemed to radiate the aura of a Jedi.

Apparently the Lore Keeper Mala Palerma was the first of their number to composed himself, and was attempting to address the unidentified alien. "…why have you awakened us, Selkath?"

Walking over to stand by Palerma, Vessan transitioned into an unarmed ready stance. He called out to the Selkath, “What year is it?”

TAG: Skywalker_T-65 CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chewbacca89 Yuul_Shamar Red.Two Saintheart Mitth_Fisto

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: CN-3 "Sentry"
    Carbon Freeze Annex Besh

Sentry's auditory sensors picked up the sounds of other carbon based units emerging from the long slumber, but it made no move towards them. Instead the directive \\PROTECT had taken over. It was a priority directive, and until the threat was resolved no other concern would intrude upon Sentry's "thoughts". Intruder-1 had still not given an appropriate reply to its challenge (in fact Intruder-1 had given no reply at all, which to Sentry was the same thing). Programming indicated that a second attempt at the challenge should be vocabulated along with a more threatening posture to ensure INTRUDER compliance with the command. There was not to be a third attempt.

\\CHALLENGE 2; IDENTIFY OR BE FIRED UPON.

Sentry began to step forward, its servo-motors whirring too loudly once again. Despite the satisfactory diagnostic, maintenance seemed to be long overdue. However before it could issue CHALLENGE 2, it received an order from one of the previously carbon frozen lifeforms.

"Stand down, Sentry. She's a friendly."

This was one of the orders that could and did over ride the PROTECT directive. But only if the USER was an established member of Sentry's chain of command. Sentry's droid brain captured the order and processed it. The voiceprint was 99.2% match for one on file. Shapur, Briiana; Rank: Jedi Knight. The only other information in the file were a pair of images, one of Shapur, Briiana; Rank: Jedi Knight just before the carbon freezing process began, and one showing Shapur, Briiana Rank: Jedi Knight frozen in Carbonite, stored here, in CF Annex B. This process took just over one second to run through Senty's processors. In the next second, Sentry made a visual scan of USER. The image matched Shapur, Briiana; Rank: Jedi Knight.

\\USER CONFIRMED
    \\COMMAND CONFIRMED
    \\PROTECT; STANDBY

"As ordered."

The blasters along the top of Sentry's arms folded back into their "stowed position" as it took a more upright and less aggressive posture. This acomplished, its clawed hands now re-emerged from the ends of Sentry's arms and the rapid scanning of its optical sensor slowed to a more normal pace. The humming as it scanned from side to side still seemed to echo through the room when another of the lifeforms began to speak.

“Not all of us are supposed to be awake are we Shapur!” Going through the same process as before Sentry was now able to identify the speaker. Domea, Sayrea; Rank: Jedi Knight “Hand over you’re lightsaber now. I may not have the power to refreeze you but be assured there will be no tricks from you this time.”

Both of the Jedi Knights held their weapons in what Sentry's combat algorithims interpreted as combat ready. The humming of the optical sensor again became more rapid as it tried to process what it was "seeing". According to its programming Sentry was to follow the established chain of command. However, the information that established the particular chain of command here had apparently been stored in one of the corrupted sectors of its memory. Programming did support a possible fix for this lack of information. Command flowed flowed from Grandmaster > Master > Knight > Padawan > Initiate within the Jedi system. Within each rank time in service was used to determine seniority. However that information was also unavailable here and thus offered no solution.

Then the third formerly frozen life form spoke again. "Copaani gaan, vod'ika? Need a hand?" Without the PROTECT command drowning everything else out Sentry was able to put this through its processor and identify this lifeform just as it had the other two. Tova, Solus; Rank: Jedi padawan. Below the other two Jedi in the established chain of command, but above Sentry (as all life froms were). The first part of his query came through either as garbled gibberish (17% probability) or as another language that Sentry was not programmed to translate. Given Tova, Solus; Rank: Jedi padawan's use of basic directly following the use of unidentified foreign language 1/gibberish it was likely that translation was provided in Tova, Solus; Rank: Jedi padawan's second question.

This offered Sentry no solution to the problem it was processing. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack. Each Jedi was being threatening towards the other. Sentry could do no harm to a Jedi unless ordered to via chain of command. Sentry was to defend Jedi under imminent threat of attack...

Lacking any clear answer Sentry defaulted to base programming to break the cycle it had entered.

\\PROTECT.

The directive again became active. Sentry took several steps forward, placing itself in between the two adversaries. Ready to absorb or deflect any attack that one may lauch upon the other. It could not harm either Jedi, but it would do all it could to prevent them from striking each other.

"Desist."

TAG: Skywalker_T-65, The_Zeltron, MandoJoe, afellowjedi

OOC: In your post the spelling of your character's name differs from that in her CS AFellowJedi. I have used the one from your posts, if that is incorrect let me know and I can use the proper one going forward.

[​IMG]

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Mipah Sol

Then:

It wasn't much to look at, just a large carbon freezing chamber. Idly he wondered if possibly some of the delicate equipment and materials that had to be carbon frozen for deployment into the battle field had come through here before it had been brought to bare upon this idea of saving some of the knowledge from the Armies of Light for the future in case they had missed any of the Sith. They always missed some of the Sith, that was the way of things, just as it had been for the Jedi in the past, some are always missed and regrow what has been destroyed, and the galaxy in it's infinite generosity sheltered the tattered remains of the Jedi, then so to the Sith.

Rechecking his equipment for the third time he heard the soft chuckle that he knew he would miss. Turning he looked with a large smile upon his face for his Master who stepped forward, "Still figity as ever. You would think we were going to freeze you in a Squibs bargain freezer!" Laughing his master stepped foward to pat Mipah's elbow.

"Apologies, but, it just still does not sit well, even though I volunteered. It is right, but somehow still feels. . .wrong in it's own way to my own gut." Grumbling he allowed the techs to put him into position on the platform as his master stepped back.

"You know what I said when you were a padawan? With a gut that big, it behooves you to listen. Be mindful of the force, it may speak of your waking no matter how far it may be for the rest of us, to you it tomorrow. Why you had to saddle me with the time between shall be a sore spot, but you know what they say. . .time heals all wounds. I may even like you again by then." His master bowed his head with a rueful smile and shook the black hair that yet hung about the Masters head at the thought of such things.

"Thank you." He calmly replied as he let himself settle into a trance of observance of his own future carbon tomb and the technologies that would preserve him through time.

"I know." His master calmly replied as the machines hissed to life. In moments a slab was raised lowered onto a hover sled to await removal to the special chamber set aside for the future. The Mirilian master removed his left hands glove to reach foreward and rub the side of his Knights head, "I know."

Now:

As the carbon freezing process reversed itself, expending unknown joules to free his large frozen form. It took a moment longer then the smaller beings and as his large form dropped to colapse in a large heap on the ground he hrmphed loudly through his blow hole when he became more aware of the questions and possibilities of a fresh reality so far into the future. For all he knew a sith was present, they had been awoken one by one and the Jedi that were to be frozen with him were already replaced by those that would not turn to make this scene that. . . he could not see.

Shifting he rolled onto his side, and then pushed back to his belly as he rocked himself into a crouching position. Slowly he opened one eye, and then the other and took in the big dark blur that was for now his life. Wonderful. Staying on his knees with his armor plates in a good position to save him should he need it, he decided to let the others talk as he tried to resist his bodies intense desire to shake from a cold that was no longer there.

TAG: : @Skywalker_T-65 @CmdrMitthrawnuruodo @Chewbacca89 @Yuul_Shamar @Red.Two @Saintheart BLemelisk

4. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    ~GM Update~

IC: Master Sule

Tython Temple

Annex Aurek

Looking around, Sule saw the Jedi begin to thaw out. The first to fall from his icy tomb was a human male. The man slowly got to his feet, and looked right at the Selkath Master.

“Who is there?” the man asked.

Sule was ready to answer, when the man started to speak again, “Who are you? Where is Master Karana?”

The Selkath frowned slightly. He didn’t know of a ‘Master Karana’. Granted there was a lot more Masters in the Order…or had been anyway…then he could ever have met. But with the condition of this temple…the man was probably referring to someone who had long since passed into the Force.

Before Sule could answer (again), a Bothan Jedi finished standing up. This Jedi seemed to have recovered much quicker…probably more resistant to hibernation sickness. The Bothan looked right at Sule, with eyes that weren’t as unseeing as the human who was also staring him down.

"You,” the Bothan started, “State your business here."

Giving a Selkath equivalent to a sigh, Sule tried to explain himself again. But yet again, he was interrupted. This time by a Khil Jedi, who asked what year it was. Waiting a beat to see if he would be cut off again, Sule started to explain.

“I am Jedi Master Sule. I stumbled upon this planet fleeing from a Purge of the Jedi. The year is 16 after the Great ReSynchronization . Or 981 years from the Ruusan Reformations,” Sule started, “I do not know how long you have been frozen here, or even what world this is. The Force guided me here, and prompted me to revive you all. Though I do not know who you are.”

Sule was well aware his Basic was far from the best, so he talked slowly and deliberately, to prevent confusion. Now it was the wait to see how the Jedi reacted.

TAG: Chewbacca89 , BLemelisk , Mitth_Fisto , Saintheart , CmdrMitthrawnuruodo , Yuul_Shamar

IC: Melina Daltross

Tython Temple

Annex Besh

For her part, Melina was in a far more volatile situation. The droid continued to step closer to her, holding its blaster rifles up. It walked towards the young Jedi, and said one word.

"Identify."

Melina didn’t know exactly what she could say. After all, this droid couldn’t possibly know her name, not when this Temple was so old. But before she could say anything, her eyes were drawn by the sound of someone standing up. It was an older Jedi, who was looking on Melina curiously.

"Stand down, Sentry. She's a friendly,” the woman said, stepping closer to the young red-haired Padawan, before asking, "What year..."

However, the woman was interrupted before she could finish her question. The sound of retching reached their ears. A young male Jedi was straightening up, and holding out a Lightsaber. Melina carefully shifted her own orange blade, worried she might have to fight. But the mysterious woman beat her to it, calming the other Jedi down.
    Of course, none of that was the reason for the situation being so volatile. The real reason was the third Jedi in the room. As soon as she had been thawed, the woman had started to yell at the first Jedi. The two were soon embroiled in an argument, seemingly forgetting about Melina and the (somehow) confused looking droid. But the droid soon recovered, and moved between the two female Jedi.

“Desist,” it said, ready to block any attacks.

Melina may not have known what exactly was going on, but she knew that Jedi shouldn’t be acting like that. So she carefully moved next to the droid, feeling her short body
    being dwarfed by the mass of silver metal.

“Please stop fighting! My name is Melina Daltross, I am a Jedi Padawan…my Master and I crashed here and revived you. I don’t know what’s wrong here…but Jedi shouldn’t be fighting each other!” the teenage Jedi shouted, “Can we please find my Master? Maybe he can help sort this out?”

She hoped that her plea worked. Melina doubted she could do much to stop these Jedi from attacking each other, should they choose to do so…

TAG: The_Zeltron , Bardan_Jusik , MandoJoe , afellowjedi

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Mala Palerma

Tython

Almost a thousand years, Mala paled as the Jedi Master told them of current events. Master Karana was right. He stretched out in the Force, searching for something even though he knew not what he was looking for. He found, instead, only a smothering darkness where there should have been light. It reminded him of Ruusan just before the Sith had killed everyone and themselves on the planet.

"So they had survived Ruusan," he whispered softly, almost depressively. He wasn't sure which hurt more, to find out that everyone he knew was long dead and turned to dust or that his brethren had been wiped out yet again. The former he knew had been the likely possibility but he had hoped the Council would have found the project foolish and thawed them sooner.

Mala's unseen gaze flickered to the Selkath again as something the Jedi had said clicked in his mind. "You do not recognize our homeworld, Tython?" Surely the High Council would have informed the Order about them once the Sith's return had become apparent, wouldn't they have? Something must have happened over the centuries.

TAG: Skywalker_T-65 All

This message brought to you by the letter S and by the letter W.

6. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    IC Allynic Sitan
    Tython

“I am Jedi Master Sule. I stumbled upon this planet fleeing from a Purge of the Jedi. The year is 16 after the Great ReSynchronization . Or 981 years from the Ruusan Reformations,” Sule started, “I do not know how long you have been frozen here, or even what world this is. The Force guided me here, and prompted me to revive you all. Though I do not know who you are.”

Idiot, Noro thought to himself. You don't know how long we have been frozen here? How about you read the datapad on the far wall? Bet it will fill you in "Master." Noro kept his demeanor cold and stared down Sule. Almost a thousand years....this was most pleasant news. He needed to get to his account.
    Noro realized he needed to hide his true mission from the others around him. They wouldn't understand and would likely condemn his choice. They were to ignorant to truly see how the Force worked and understand what needed to be done now. He buried his emotions and drew himself away from the Force, so he would appear much weaker than he really was.

"Master Sule, it is nice to meet you. I was wondering if you had access to the Holonet or another interplanetary network. I need to make contact with the Bank of Aargau, if possible. It is a time sensitive matter."

While waiting for a response he began checking his gear and realized most of his tools and gear were not present. In the vault...now I remember. He turned back to Sule.

"I also need you to escort me to the Cyan Atrium. I have a hidden vault I need to access that contains all my gear and equipment. While others never wanted to think about the Sith returning, I prepared for it and set aside some valuable equipment that will be useful to us. I believe a holocron is present among my items. Ready?

TAG: @Skywalker_T-65, @BLemelisk , @Mitth_Fisto , @Saintheart , @CmdrMitthrawnuruodo , @Yuul_Shamar

7. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    IC: Briiana Shapur - Jedi Temples - Tython

The other newly-defrosted Jedi came to Briiana's aid as she faced off against the Corellian. "Copaani gaan, vod'ika?" he asked, then, quite unnecessarily, in Briiana's opinion, translated, "Need a hand?"

Briiana was silent for a moment as she debated whether to point out she knew what he was saying or simply to accept his offer. Finally, she simply said, "'Lek, vor'e," and left it at that.

Before she could find out if his offer was sincere or not, the sentry droid stepped between her and Sayrea. "Desist." Briiana half-smiled, and opened her mouth to answer the droid when the Jedi girl who had unfrozen them appeared beside it.

"Please stop fighting! My name is Melina Daltross, I am a Jedi Padawan.... my Master and I crashed here and revived you. I don't know what's wrong here... but Jedi shouldn't be fighting each other!" the Padawan shouted. "Can we please find my Master? Maybe he can help sort this out?"

Briiana tilted her head, looking Melina up and down. "I have no desire to fight. 'Rea, what say we leave this for another day?" she asked coldly, turning again to look at the other woman.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, MandoBones, Skywalker_T-65, afellowjedi

8. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    IC: Solus Tova
    Solus stood very still as the droid placed itself in between the other two Jedi. It seemed reluctant to actually intervene, other than to place itself in harm's way.

"Desist."

He was about to turn his back on the "future Jedi", for that's about all he could think to call her, when she spoke.

"Please stop fighting! My name is Melina daltross, I am a Jedi Padawan...my Master and I crashed here and revived you. I don't know what's wrong here...but Jedi shouldn't be fighting each other! Can we please find my Master? Maybe he can help sort this out?"

Her words tasted true in the Force, and his initial impression of her being a Jedi was confirmed. He lowered his lightsaber and gave her a small nod of acceptance. He circled back to face the last opposing Jedi.

"I have no desire to fight. 'Rea, what say we leave this for another day?"

Solus let his lightsaber's blade swish out of existence, and hooked it back onto his belt.

"Can I also be in favor of not fighting? I think I might be up for another go round with the vomiting part of thawing out, and not fighting would really help with that not becoming a thing." he said, patting his stomach lightly. "Maybe we should seek out the Masters in this place. I'd hate to ruin everybody's boots."

9. afellowjedi

afellowjedi Jedi Knight

May 22, 2011
    IC-Sayrea Domea

Jedi Temple

"Did they put you on the Council after I was frozen, girl? Last time I checked, you had no right to order me around.”,Shapur said.

Sayrea’s tightened on her lightsaber, her anger beginning to rise.

Briiana approached Sayrea.

"And which lightsaber was it you wanted, again? This one?" She pulled the right lightsaber off her belt, and held it low, "Or this one?" She grasped the left lightsaber, holding it at the exact same way, then taking a single step back. Sayrea knew a challenge when she saw one.

Solus moved to put himself between her and the new Jedi, standing back to back.

"Copaani gaan, vod'ika?" he asked. "Need a hand?"

Sayrea ignited her cerulean blue lightsaber, realizing this fight was quickly turning against her.

“Desist,” Sayrea turned her head to the new voice; a droid stood ready to block any attacks.

From behind the droid came forward a girl; a Jedi padawan Sayrea assumed by the braid and lightsaber at her belt.

“Please stop fighting! My name is Melina Daltross, I am a Jedi Padawan…my Master and I crashed here and revived you. I don’t know what’s wrong here…but Jedi shouldn’t be fighting each other!” the teenage Jedi shouted, “Can we please find my Master? Maybe he can help sort this out?"

Sayrea felt heat rise to her cheeks, the young girl was right, whether she liked it or not, now was not the time to be settling old fueds and wrongs. Sayrea looked back at Briiana and as she started to speak, "I have no desire to fight. 'Rea, what say we leave this for another day?"

Sayrea sighed then nodded, “Very well Bri, for another time.” she said while deactivating her lightsaber. Solus let his lightsaber's blade swish out of existence as well, and hooked it back onto his belt.

"Can I also be in favor of not fighting? I think I might be up for another go round with the vomiting part of thawing out, and not fighting would really help with that not becoming a thing." he said, patting his stomach lightly. "Maybe we should seek out the Masters in this place. I'd hate to ruin everybody's boots."

Sayrea couldn’t help but grin,“ Yes Solus I agree, with all your terms, ”

She then turned to the young padawan, “Padawan forgive me for my behavior, I have a bad habit of letting my tougne get ahead of me. I am Jedi Knight Sayrea Domea, I assume I have you to thank for our awakening? ”

10. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010

Sayrea sighed audibly as she nodded. "Very well, Bri, for another time," she said, deactivating her lightsaber. Briiana heard the young male Jedi's lightsaber deactivate, as well, before he said, "Can I also be in favor of not fighting? I think I might be up for another go round with the vomiting part of thawing out, and not fighting would really help with that not becoming a thing. Maybe we should seek out the Masters in this place. I'd hate to ruin everybody's boots."

Her eyes still on Sayrea, Briiana didn't miss the woman's grin. "Yes, Solus, I agree, with all your terms." Briiana finally put her lightsabers back on her belt as Sayrea turned to Melina. "Padawan, forgive me for my behavior, I have a bad habit of letting my tongue get ahead of me. I am Jedi Knight Sayrea Domea, I assume I have you to thank for our awakening?"

Briiana turned and strode away from the scene with a swish of her robe. She didn't feel like apologizing to anyone. Reaching out with her mind, she lightly touched the minds of several other beings in a chamber not far from where they currently stood. Drawing back swiftly so as not to alert them of her awakening, if at all possible, she began moving toward the passageway.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, afellowjedi, Skywalker_T-65, MandoBones, Also @ any of the other Jedi who might have felt her mental touch (I can't tag everyone, though, as Skywalker pointed out :p)

11. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Sorry for my delay.
    IC: Calen Sirion

The conversation for the most part blurred by the young padawan, not unlike stars passing by as one entered hyperspace. A few words reached him as things continued to progress around him, most notably the phrase Purge of the Jedi, which confused him at the same time he understood it. Young as he was Calen couldn't entirely grasp why anyone might want to do such a thing, well aside from the Sith, but they had been destroyed. Right? According to his more recent lessons in the history of the Jedi Order it wouldn't be the first time they had come and gone, but still...

Nearly half a minute after the moment it had been said the words of how much time it passed made its way to Calen's still half fogged mind. He brushed it off for now, he couldn't bare the thought of almost everyone he knew being gone on top of this other news. His lightening vision, if badly blurred, served to alert him of his returning eyesight. He closed his eyes, his sight only becoming a distraction until it was fully returned. Eyes could deceive anyway and his senses were up to the task without them. As his senses continued to pool forth, released from there bonds over his lack of control moments earlier he felt a brush on his mind from someone else.

His head tilted curiously, eager for a distraction from the direness of their situation however brief it was, even if the young padawan would not have thought to put it into such words. Ignoring those around him as they talked, he was after all only a padawan, and a young one at that, and would no doubt be only a hindrance to whatever they were trying to think up, he sent mind after where he felt the brush come from. He didn't recognize it, and none of those around him seemed to be hostile or even unfriendly, so his greeting was cautiously optimistic.

'Who are you?'

Tag: Skywalker_T-65, The_Zeltron, Chewbacca89, BLemelisk, Mitth_Fisto, Saintheart, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Carbon Freeze Annex Besh

Sentry stood between the hostile Jedi as its order hung in the stale air of Carbon Freeze Annex Besh. As it did so its scanner sought out any indication that the Jedi would move from a hostile posture towards combat with one another. Its optical sensor continued to swing from side to side but froze for a moment as it detected the movement of UNKNOWN: Friendly 1 moving in closer towards its chassis.

“Please stop fighting! My name is Melina Daltross, I am a Jedi Padawan…my Master and I crashed here and revived you. I don’t know what’s wrong here…but Jedi shouldn’t be fighting each other!”

Sentry ran the identity and voiceprint against what it had on file.

//NO MATCH.

Given her story of a crash and her claim of responsiblity for reviving the occupants of CF Annex B the lack of a match failed to perturb Sentry, if the other Jedi who were on file accepted her, then it would to. “Can we please find my Master? Maybe he can help sort this out?”

Sentry ran the proposal through its logic circuits determining that it would be a prudent course of action, though there was still a situation which needed to be solved here first.

Shapur, Briiana; Rank: Jedi Knight spoke now. "I have no desire to fight. 'Rea, what say we leave this for another day?" Her proposal to postpone their combatives until a new day would solve the current situation, but it did nothing as a permanent solution. Sentry cocked its head to one side trying to determine the probabilities that the proposal would be acceptable and if so how long it would take until aggressive posturing between the two Jedi resumed. The odds as far as Sentry could tell would not be wat a baseline human would consider to be acceptable.

Tova, Solus; Rank: Jedi padawan deactivated his lightsaber and gave his own opinion regarding the current standoff. "Can I also be in favor of not fighting? I think I might be up for another go round with the vomiting part of thawing out, and not fighting would really help with that not becoming a thing. Maybe we should seek out the Masters in this place. I'd hate to ruin everybody's boots."

Scanning its databank on the subject, Sentry found that Tova, Solus; Rank: Jedi padawan's symptoms seemed in line with those often found in Hibernation sickness, though not as often temporary blindness deafness, muscle stiffness or weakness and confusion. Given current events Sentry thought that perhaps paranoia should aslo be added to the list. At least Tova, Solus; Rank: Jedi padawan's actions and words moved them closer to resolution of hostile posturing. His own proposal also seemed to be in line with Daltross, Melina; Rank Jedi padawan (provisional--pending verification)'s own ideas.

Domea, Sayrea; Rank: Jedi Knight made a facial gesture that Sentry calulated with an 87% certainty was a friendly one. “Yes Solus I agree, with all your terms." She then addressed Daltross, Melina; Rank Jedi padawan (provisional--pending verification) "Padawan forgive me for my behavior, I have a bad habit of letting my tougne get ahead of me. I am Jedi Knight Sayrea Domea, I assume I have you to thank for our awakening?”

The hostilities postponed for the moment, Sentry allowed itself to "relax" somewhat and began to analyze what had just occured. The situation had been so far outside what was defined as normal parameters that it seemed to defy analysis, at least until more cycles could be devoted to the issue. For now other directives took over. The situation in Annex B was known and deemed acceptable. Given the statements of a number of the Jedi in Annex B they too wished to know more of Annex A. Sentry swiveled its head towards Shapur, Briiana; Rank: Jedi Knight whose body language indicated a desire to leave this chamber as well. Sentry quickly (and noisily) strode towards the doorway leading to the corridor which connected Annex Besh with Annex Aurek.

"Follow Sentry".

TAG: Skywalker_T-65, The_Zeltron, MandoBones, afellowjedi.

[​IMG]

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mala Palerma

Annex Aurek, Tython

As he waited for the Selkath to answer the questions being thrown at him by those awakening, Mala felt a touch on his mind. It had been brief and he furrowed his brow at the intrusion, more curious as to who it was rather than disturbed that someone had made a telepathic attempt to link with them. The ancient archivist reached out into the Force, searching for the presence he had briefly sensed through the mental touch. He sensed someone else doing the same and although he could not put a name to the presence, he could tell it was a learner. The raw power was still untrained, uncontrolled as expected of a padawan.​

Mala frowned some more--certain that his expression was quite sour--when he couldn't find the presence that had touched him and the others earlier. But he did notice the others had awakened in the other chamber. "The others are awake," he stated, his gazeless eyes turning to the others with him. "And I do not believe it would be wise to make contact with the outside world if what Master Sule says is true. The Sith will surely be looking for survivors and if the Jedi have somehow forgotten Tython, so have the Sith. A holonet transmission from the middle of no where will only bring them to Tython. Besides, whatever business with this bank you have can wait. It has waited a thousand years, it can wait a little longer, Knight Sitan."​

TAG: ALL

14. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    IC: Briiana Shapur - Jedi Temple - Tython

Briiana glowered when she heard a voice come through after the brief mental contact, //Who are you?// The question caused her face to momentarily relax into a smirk as she realized this one didn't recognize her. //Knight Shapur.... Have I slipped your mind, somehow?// she inquired somewhat rudely.

At that exact moment, her train of thought was interrupted by the noisy walking of a droid that had been sitting inactive for far too long, and she swung around on the CN-3 droid she had called Sentry. It walked right past her, toward the corridor, directing, "Follow Sentry."

So that is your name, eh? Funny. Briiana scowled after the droid for a moment, then followed it, as instructed, her long strides quickly bringing her up beside it. "Where do you think you're going?"

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Yuul_Shamar, @ everyone else in both chambers

15. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004

'Knight Shapur.... Have I slipped your mind, somehow?'

The reply was sharp, either she was doing something important or she was not in the best of moods after being thawed out. Giving the biting tones occasionally being heard around him, the young padawan assumed the latter. His silver eyes remained closed behind their lids, though scrunched up regardless in concentration. He couldn't remember the name if his life depended on it. Calen wasn't too worried about it, well, not more than he already was about his lack of memory for the circumstances leading to his being put in carbonite hibernation. Though it could just be that he had never heard of her before, the jedi order was large, or had been large, and the amount of its members Calen knew by name was only a small fraction in comparison.

'My apologies Knight Shapur, my name is Padawan Sirion. If... If it is not to much trouble to ask, do you recall why we were placed here? I'm having t-trouble remembering.'

The padawan thought nothing of giving his name, they were all jedi here after all, though he was hesitant to take up more of her time with his question when she was no doubt busy, and this hesitance transferred through the conversation, both in words, and in uncontrolled tel-empathic bursts down the line of their mental conversation.

Tag: The_Zeltron, ALL

16. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010

Briiana was surprised to receive a respectful reply back from the Jedi she'd mentally spoken to. //My apologies, Knight Shapur, my name is Padawan Sirion. If... If it is not to much trouble to ask, do you recall why we were placed here? I'm having t-trouble remembering.// As he spoke, his hesitation grew stronger and more apparent. Briiana had to block the waves of feeling from affecting her, and bit out, //Control yourself, Padawan! If you have a valid question, don't be so afraid to ask!//

Composing herself, she continued, //I believe you were all frozen either as experiments or as a backup plan. I don't know for certain, because it was only rumors that drifted back to me. Those were the only two that seemed possible... The others ranged from severe wounds to preservation of your genetics.// Dry humor drifted over the line of communication. //None of the others made any sense, for obvious reasons.//

Tag: Yuul_Shamar, Everyone

17. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    IC Noro Rayl'skar
    Tython

Next to Jedi Noro, Mala Palerma addressed him, "And I do not believe it would be wise to make contact with the outside world if what Master Sule says is true. The Sith will surely be looking for survivors and if the Jedi have somehow forgotten Tython, so have the Sith. A holonet transmission from the middle of no where will only bring them to Tython. Besides, whatever business with this bank you have can wait. It has waited a thousand years, it can wait a little longer, Knight Rayl'skar."

Insolent fool, Noro thought to himself. "I don't remember asking your opinion, Mala. I was addressing Master Sule, so how about you keep your incompetent thoughts to yourself. If you must know I have the proper devices to scramble the transmission effectively from any tracking system these so-called-Sith might possess to tack us down. Hence, I mentioned the vault upstairs I needed to access first." Noro added this Mala person to a mental list of people who were going to do nothing but get in his way.

TAG: Skywalker_T-65, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, all others in the larger chamber.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Carbon Freeze Annex Besh

"Where do you think you're going?"

The inquiry came from Shapur, Briiana; Rank: Jedi Knight and Sentry did not slow down its gait as it answered her in its synthesized voice, devoid of emotion. "Annex Aurek." It was a simple answer to a simple question, but them Sentry calculated that Shapur, Briiana; Rank: Jedi Knight's query was also asking for more infomation than what it had told her. As her identity and clearence had already been established, there was no reason for it to not explain itself further.

"Programming indicates that absent contradictory orders from established chain of command, when the inhabitants of Carbon Freeze Annex Besh no longer require the assistance of Sentry, Sentry is to proceed to Carbon Freeze Annex Aurek, assess situation and render assistance as needed."

Now Sentry did stop. It slowly turned around and addressed all of the Jedi in Carbon Freeze Annex Besh. Then it repeated its earlier command.

"Follow Sentry."

TAG: @Skywalker_T-65, @The_Zeltron, @MandoJoe, @afellowjedi

[​IMG]

MandoBones and Chewbacca89 like this.
  19. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    IC: Master Sule

Annex Aurek

Tython Temple

Sule waited for a response from the various Jedi around him. The news he had just delivered would be seen as shocking by anyone after all. Especially if his guess about the age of these ruins was correct. Noticing one of the Jedi who had spoken earlier start to move again, Sule turned his large head towards the man.

"You do not recognize our homeworld, Tython?"

Needless to say, that declaration sent Sule reeling somewhat, TYTHON??!

The old Selkath recognized the name. Any Jedi would, as it was the source of their ancestors, all those millennia ago. But Tython had been lost to history centuries before the Clone Wars. Not even the High Council knew its location any longer, beyond it being somewhere in the Deep Core.

Before his mind could fully absorb that revelation, Sule heard one of the other Jedi start to talk. It was the Bothan from earlier…and honestly, Sule found it hard to believe he was really a Jedi. The Bothan reeked of barely hidden contempt, his shields seeming to be a bit weak since even his hardy race couldn’t fully recover from a millennia in hibernation that quickly.

"Master Sule, it is nice to meet you. I was wondering if you had access to the Holonet or another interplanetary network. I need to make contact with the Bank of Aargau, if possible. It is a time sensitive matter."

The Bothan said, while checking his gear. It seemed he was missing something, as he turned back to the Selkath Master.

"I also need you to escort me to the Cyan Atrium. I have a hidden vault I need to access that contains all my gear and equipment. While others never wanted to think about the Sith returning, I prepared for it and set aside some valuable equipment that will be useful to us. I believe a holocron is present among my items. Ready?

Well…it seems he was ready for the Sith if nothing else…Sule thought, before the human Jedi started to talk again.

"The others are awake," he stated, his gazeless eyes turning to the others with him. "And I do not believe it would be wise to make contact with the outside world if what Master Sule says is true. The Sith will surely be looking for survivors and if the Jedi have somehow forgotten Tython, so have the Sith. A holonet transmission from the middle of nowhere will only bring them to Tython. Besides, whatever business with this bank you have can wait. It has waited a thousand years, it can wait a little longer, Knight Rayl'skar.

Sule agreed with that judgment, as he knew just how well the Clones could track Jedi. After all, it was because of that ability that he and his young Padawan were in this situation in the first place.

“I ag…” Sule began to say, before the Bothan cut him off.

"I don't remember asking your opinion, Mala. I was addressing Master Sule, so how about you keep your incompetent thoughts to yourself. If you must know I have the proper devices to scramble the transmission effectively from any tracking system these so-called-Sith might possess to tack us down. Hence, I mentioned the vault upstairs I needed to access first."

The previously barely hidden contempt was broadcasting in the open now. Sule made a mental note to keep a very close eye on this Bothan. He seemed young, so maybe it would be possible to get him under control…but this ‘Jedi’ had far too much contempt for his fellow Force Users.

“I have to agree with Jedi Mala,” Sule said, in his ‘fishy’ voice, “I do not doubt your honesty Knight Rayl’skar, however…any technology in this temple is a millennia out of date. The Republic has advanced far since the days of Ruusan.”

Sule was going to say more, but he felt the presence of his Padawan approaching, and turned towards the crumbling doorway, waiting for her to enter.

Annex Besh

Melina let out a small sigh when the older Jedi deactivated their blades. She had been worried that it would be up to her and the droid to stop the fight, and Melina knew she wasn’t good enough with her orange blade to do much good.

As the young Padawan watched, she saw the first Jedi to awaken start to look like she wanted to leave the room. Thankfully for her, the droid (Sentry… Melina reminded herself) began to move itself.

“Follow Sentry,” the droid said, as it strode towards the door Melina had entered from.

The older Jedi followed it, quickly leaving Melina behind, as her shorter legs couldn’t keep up with the taller woman. Behind her, Melina registered the other two newly awakened Jedi move to follow.

As she caught up with the pair, Melina heard Sentry answer what appeared to be a question from the older Jedi.

"Programming indicates that absent contradictory orders from established chain of command, when the inhabitants of Carbon Freeze Annex Besh no longer require the assistance of Sentry, Sentry is to proceed to Carbon Freeze Annex Aurek, assess situation and render assistance as needed."

Now Sentry did stop. It slowly turned around and addressed all of the Jedi in Carbon Freeze Annex Besh. Then it repeated its earlier command.

"Follow Sentry."

Melina would freely admit she was happy to hear that. It meant that they were heading back to her Master…hopefully Sule could solve this situation…

Chewbacca89 , afellowjedi , CmdrMitthrawnuruodo , The_Zeltron , Yuul_Shamar , BLemelisk , MandoBones , Mitth_Fisto , Bardan_Jusik

MandoBones likes this.
  20. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Vessan Felian
    Tython Temple Annex Aurek, Tython

The Khil Jedi was having a hard enough time insulating himself from outside stimuli due to the hypersensitivity of his hibernation sickness, and now he had to grapple with the realization that the Tython group might be in the dead center of one of the largest tragedies ever to face the Order. It was almost too much to process at once, and he still had a hard time believing it to be true. However, being doubtful of what could be a life-threatening situation had killed too many Jedi in the past to even begin to count.

The hibernation sickness was lessening by the moment and his perceptions were returning. He took a deep breath and cleared his head, hearing the tense exchange between the Palerma and the Bothan Rayl'skar.

Vessan hadn’t interfaced much with the Bothan before the freezing process, as the project had been strangely compartmentalized, and many details were on a need-to-know basis. He picked up a string of conflicting emotions inside the fur-covered alien, but didn’t have the time or desire to separate them all.

”I do not doubt your honesty Knight Rayl’skar, however…any technology in this temple is a millennia out of date. The Republic has advanced far since the days of Ruusan,” slurped Sule once more before silencing. It was apparent the other portion of the group that had been sealed in the other wing of the complex was approaching.

He thought for a moment to himself before ruffling his hullepi mouth tendrils with his hand. “Master Sule, are your ship’s databanks intact? I’m sure we will need to familiarize ourselves with what has happened over the last nine centuries.” Vessan looked sidelong at the Lore Keeper Palerma, joking, “I’m surprised you weren’t the first to ask that.”

TAG: Skywalker_T-65, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Chewbacca89, Others in either Temple Annex

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mala Palerma

Annex Aurek, Tython

He blinked at the Bothan Jedi and simply raised an eyebrow at the uncalled for hostility and disrespect. He would have put the younger, and worryingly ill-tempered, Knight in his place, but Master Sule had spoken before anything more could be said. He suppressed a smirk as Sule reminded the Bothan of how useless his devices would be a thousand years past. Mala nodded in acknowledgment to the Selkath master, glad that there was someone else who had a reasonable head.​

“Master Sule, are your ship’s databanks intact? I’m sure we will need to familiarize ourselves with what has happened over the last nine centuries.” Knight Vessan looked sidelong at him and jokingly added, “I’m surprised you weren’t the first to ask that.”

"Erm... yes, I was going to get to that," Palerma recovered and gestured nonchalantly as if he had meant to ask all along. "A lot just happened after all, Vessan. A person does not expect to wake up a thousand years later and be told that he and his companions have been forgotten and the Sith have won."​

He sighed heavily, wishing that Karana had been wrong about this project. But that would mean we would have been frozen indefinitely. This place, our tomb. "I'll also need to access the archives here to see what data we might have lost. Since this place has been abandoned for a long time, I would be very surprised if the databank is completely intact." He said the last with deep concern. The Jedi Archives were his life, both the ones on Tython and on Coruscant, and to lose one terabyte of data was enough to gray his hair, or so his former padawan use to jokingly say to him. Thinking about him, hurt and so he forced those memories to the back of his mind as he turned his focus on the here and now.​

"I can only imagine what the Sith are doing to my archives back on Coruscant." He winced at the thought of the Sith having free reign over the Temple on the city planet.​

TAG: ALL

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Mipah Sol
    Main freezing chamber

The others continued to talk as he focused on cleaning out his system, some seeming to have been doing much better jobs of it then he could. Then again as his master would note, there was more of him to work on then them. Oh, with a heavy hrumph he sighed at the thought of his passed Master now gone nine centuries at least. Yet the present that this future brought did not wait and progressed on-ward. As soon as he felt able enough to he pressed himself up to his slightly unstable feet, about the time the human Knight, Mala if he remembered well, responded to a question of his position of Lore-keeper.

Swaying for a moment he placed his hands out to his sides to steady himself, careful to avoid placing himself to fall or hit someone should he flail and fail in this daring attempt. "Knight Sol, I am a mechanic no matter the age by the will of the Force. Perhaps I can aid with these archives or, whatever." His deep voice boomed at first as his overcompensation for the way he felt made it call out harder then normal before bringing it down to a low rumble as he noted his own mounting thirst.

TAG: All

23. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Annex Aurek, Tython

'Control yourself, Padawan! If you have a valid question, don't be so afraid to ask!'

The young padawan did his best to grasp control of his wild emotions, and to some degree succeeded though not near to what we would have liked. His eyes briefly blinked open during the process, revealing a lightening but still blurred vision before he closed them again. At this point it would still only serve to distract him from both the conversation and his control.

'I believe you were all frozen either as experiments or as a backup plan. I don't know for certain, because it was only rumors that drifted back to me. Those were the only two that seemed possible... The others ranged from severe wounds to preservation of your genetics.'

The sense of humor drifting through the conversation let him know the latter was intended as a joke, one he no doubt would have gotten better had he been slightly older.

'None of the others made any sense, for obvious reasons.'

Calen considered this for a moment, it did make sense but some parts still worried him. For one, he had not, and still could not, sense his master anywhere in the ruins or for a good distance outside them. The only times he had been outside of sensing range of his master had been when he was going on a combat mission or otherwise high danger scenario that Calen wasn't ready for yet. Thus had things been for the five years since he had been chosen to be his padawan. It unnerved him more than already was. And secondly, secondly... He couldn't remember the second thing. Had there been one?

Shoving these thoughts aside he replied to Knight Shapur, 'What are we supposed to do now? I cannot sense my master or I would ask him. Do you have any ideas Knight Shapur?'

This time the link had no trace of stuttering and while his hesitance and fear were still present to a degree, they remained in control and no longer were they flooding the conversation.

Tag: The_Zeltron, All

24. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010

As they walked, Sentry answered, "Annex Aurek." Helpful, Briiana thought, noting that Melina appeared to be having difficulty keeping up. It didn't particularly bother her, though, as the others were still somewhere behind them. After a second, though, the droid decided to elaborate.

"Ah," Briiana replied, almost leaving Sentry behind when it suddenly stopped short and turned back to face the others. Annoyed, she paused, listening as it repeated, this time to the others, "Follow Sentry." Briiana rolled her eyes, but still waited for it, and them, to start moving again.

Meanwhile, she could sense the Padawan she was mentally communicating with trying to pull himself together, and twisted her lips in a wry smile. After a few moments, his emotions much more under his control, he asked, //What are we supposed to do now? I cannot sense my master or I would ask him. Do you have any ideas Knight Shapur?//

Briiana paused for a moment. As annoyed as she was, she knew what she was about to say might be a little too harsh for the boy right now, and so her voice was softened with empathy. //Padawan, I believe your master is long dead. As for what we should do at the moment.... I think our best option is to find out what is going on in the rest of the world. We're moving toward your location now, and will join you shortly.// As she spoke, she realized she had never received an answer to the question she meant to ask. Turning back to Padawan Daltross, she asked, "Melina, what year is it?"

Tag: Yuul_Shamar, Bardan_Jusik, all

25. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009

Tython Temples

Melina noticed the taller Jedi in front of her turn around. The older woman looked like she had a question, and asked it rather quickly.

"Melina, what year is it?"

That would have been an odd question, but judging from the age of the temples, these Jedi had been frozen for a long time. So Melina was equally quick to answer.

"Year 16 after the Great ReSynchronization," the young Padawan answered automatically, before mentally smacking her head...these Jedi wouldn't know what that was, so Melina switched to a dating system they may know, "Or about 980 years after Ruusan."

TAG: The_Zeltron , Bardan_Jusik , MandoBones , afellowjedi