main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Return Of The Greatest Hunter (TUF Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Rampani, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rampani

Rampani Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2003
    THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE LATEST NEW JEDI ORDER BOOK, THE UNIFYING FORCE. DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE SPOILED!

Prologue

The Yuuzhan Vong have entered the galaxy through the place that has come to be known as Vector Prime. Sweeping through the known galaxy, they have destroyed everything in their path. The next taget planet is the cloners world of Kamino....

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    Kamino

The alarm klaxxons sounded, warning the citizens of the city Kalrakken that an enemy was approaching. The silent man raised his head to look at the viewscreen he had tapped into the city's defense grid. He had only seen this enemy on the news holos. The Yuuzhan Vong, with their living ships and blankness in the Force, or so the Jedi said.

There was one Vong cruiser in orbit, launching landing craft. He rose to his feet and headed for his closet. He grabbed a large black case from within and left his small apartment, his destination being his ship. Then the alarms stopped. The defense grid had been taken down.

Jogging down the hallway toward the landing pad, he ran into trouble. Three Yuuzhan Vong warriors, their ooglith masquers in a puddle on the floor, mercilessly killing innocent Kaminoans. These must be the spies that brought down Kamino's defenses, thought the man. He ducked down a side hall and opened the black case.......

OOC: Sorry for it being so short, but I did leave you with a cliffie. Sorry 'bout that. It's a bad habit of mine. More to follow though. Also, post your thoughts on the story so far and I'll do my best to answer any questions.

2. picciami

picciami Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    Hurry up with the next chapter, then.

3. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    Yes, please hurry. And, do I sense Boba Fett trying to be a good guy? This story could be cool.

4. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Yes, Fett does seem like he might be a good guy. From all that I've read about him, he has a cold and calculated exterior, but his underlying morals and principals are basically good. Though he will do some questionable things. After all, a sentient does have to make money.

5. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Kamino

The three Vong warriors were slaughtering innocents. Their leader, Sindise Plao, was the first to see the newcomer. He was clad in green body armor with a T-visor helmet. Sindise had seen this armor before, on the infidel world of Obroa-Skai. It was an armor to be feared. He pulled a thud bug off his bandolier and hurled it at the man.

The man easily dodged the projectile and whipped out his blaster. As he hit the ground he let loose a flurry of bolts toward the Vong. The enemy's vonduun crab armor absorbed the blasts and he whipped his amphistaff in a sweeping arc. The man smiled beneath his helmet. It had been a long time since he had faced someone with skills as good as his own.

By now the other two warriors had noticed the man and had turned to face him. Now all three had their amphistaffs rigid and ready for a fight.

"Infidel, I know what you are wearing. Tell me your name so that I may sacrifice you in honor, warrior," spoke Sindise. The other two Vong gave him a sidelong glance, but said nothing.

So now he wants to parley. Means he's nervous, thought the man. He decided to play along a bit.

"My name is Boba Fett."

OOC: Finally he reveals himself. This fight is just going be good. Stay tuned

6. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Kamino

"Boba Fett. You will be offered to the gods for my personal glory!" Sindise snarled. He leapt into the air, intending to smash his amphistaff in Fett's helmet. Fett simply shifted to his left side and dealt a backhanded blow to the Sindise's neck. It snapped easily under the pressure. Sindise hit the ground with a thump. Dead.

Fett turned to face the remaining two Vong. They growled in rage and attacked head on. Fett activated his jetpack and soared over them. The two warriors were confused, for they had never seen the small silver sphere that Fett had left in his place.

Boba Fett had just made it around the corner when his thermal detonator exploded. The shockwave screamed past him, strewing body parts in it's wake. Fett glanced down at his chrono. It had taken him longer then he had expected to defeat the warriors. He would have to make up for lost time.

He rushed through the corridors and headed out onto his landing pad, to the sight of many Kaminoan ships blasting off. And being summerily destroyed by coralskippers. Being distracted by the sight of such destruction, Fett didn't hear the doors whoosh open behind him. He turned to see a man in a brown robe carrying a sickly looking human child. The man did't even flinch when he saw who it was that owned the ship.

"Master Fett, I am Carib Travist. We need a way offworld and past the blockade. I am willing to pay top credits," Carib stated with a calm demeanor.

Fett considered the request. On one hand, he would waste precious time in getting them on board. On the other hand, he would be paid. And then there was the child.....

"Get on board. Quickly. Strap yourselves in and prepare for a fight."

OOC: Who is the mysterious Carib Devist? What is his true identity? Find out in the next installment of....THE RETURN OF THE GREATEST HUNTER.

7. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    The fight scene definitely captured Boba Fett's character, and the little conscience struggle at the end was pure brilliance. I can't wait for the next part! :)

8. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    In The Skies Above Kamino

The two passanger had strapped themselves in and Fett was pushing the Slave IV for all it was worth. Unfortunatly, the speed of his ship caught the attention of a flight of coralskippers.

The four living fighters roared after him, pulling right into what they thought was his blind spot. Which was right behind the Slave IV. Fett mashed a button and a sliding door opened in the back of the ship. Two robotic arms pulled a flahing blue cylinder out and released it. The rear two coralskippers pulled out when they saw what was happening, but the front two were too close. The proton bomb slammed into one of the skips and shredded it to pieces. As the bomb exited the skip, it detonated. Blue shockwaves boiled out and caught the other skip in it's stern. It corkscrewed into the ocean, not giving the pilot a chance to bail out.

That left the remaining two. They decided to try and trap him in a pincer movement. Fett cut the throttle by half and sighted his targeting reticle over the right skip and let loose with the balster cannon. But to his surprise, the bolts disappeared meters ahead of the fighter....

OOC: It's getting late and i still have homework. I'll post more tomorrow.

9. picciami

Feb 4, 2003
    That's great, Rampani. Keep the chapters coming!

10. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Above The Skies Of Kamino

But to his surprise, the bolts disappeared meters ahead of the fighter. The two skips fired their plasma cannons and green energy splashed against the shields. As the skips flashed past, the Slave IV's shields went down. Alarms began to blare throughout the cockpit. Fett calmly reached over and shut them off. He banked right and came up behind one of the skips. He began to pound shots into it, but nothing hit the fighter itself. Fett turned rapid fire on and launched one of his concussion missles. The speed of the lasers overpowered whatever it was that the Vong used for shields and the concussion missle hit the target dead on. Bits of coral fell from the sky and the last skip turned tail, heading for the greater numbers of coralskippers coming toward Fett.

He turned the throttle to full again and left the atmosphere. He quickly got a couse from the navicomputer and laid it in. Pulling back the lever, the Slave IV jumped into hyperspace.

Surrounded by the glow of hyperspace, Fett checked his com system. There were a couple of messages. The first was a call from the New Republic, asking anyone with a fighting ship to come to their aid. He deleted that one before giving it a second thought. The second message was a bounty.

To All Bounty Hunters-
    Wanted: All Jedi(Including children). Bounty: 500,000 credits per capture. Must be alive. May be brought to the planet Ylesia.
    -Peace Brigade

Fett paused a moment and brought up the internal security screen. The cabin camera showed that both passengers were asleep. He ordered a full scan be done to both of the beings. While he waited, he checked the final message. It was from Dengar. He would check it later.

One of the console lights began to blink. Fett pressed the corrosponding button and holo sillouhetes of Carb Travist and the child sprang up. Both were sheathed in a blue corona. That could only mean one thing....

OOC: Whew. Longest chapter yet, I believe. If you have read the Jedi Academy Trilogy, you know what the blue corona means.

11. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    In Hyperspace

Carib woke up slowly, his face feeling the warmth of the deck plating. His memory of what had happened was slightly fuzzy. All that he could remember was Boba Fett coming into the cabin that he and the child were in and stunning them both. He opened his eyes and took in his new surroundings. Simple metal bars enclosed him. Carib sat up and looked behind himself, to see that the child was sleeping on the single cot in the cell. He heard a noise and whipped his head around to see Fett sitting against the wall opposite him.

"What is this about Fett?" he asked.

"A bounty has been posted on all Jedi. It's a hefty sum and I intend to collect some of it," Fett replied coolly.

"How did you know that I was a Jedi?"

"My ship scanned you when you came aboard. And I wouldn't try using the Force to get out. It's one of Palpatine's old Jedi cages. Apparently, force usage is very painful when entrapped by them," replied Fett,"Don't worry about the child though. I will drop him off on a safe world before collecting for you."

With that, Fett pulled his blaster and stunned Carib again, once again sending him into the dark oblivion.

12. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    In Hyperspace

Fett had dropped the kid off on the planet Lorrd. The local authorities would take care of him. He reached over on the console and hit the play messages button. A miniature holo of Dengar. His message began to play and Dengar's voice filled the cabin.

"Fett, I'm sending this to warn you. DO NOT GIVE THE PEACE BRIGADE ANY JEDI! They have a list of who they want and somehow or another, you made the cut. Guess it must be how good you are."

Dengar's voice fizzled out and Boba Fett sat back, contemplating what to do...

OOC: Short, but good.

13. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    Most impressive... I can't wait for more.

14. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Ylesia

Fett switched on repulsors and landed the Slave IV with relative ease. Shutting down the ships systems, he noticed a band of men heading toward him. He went down to the hold and grabbed the Jedi. He bound him and patted him down, to make sure that he had no weapons on him. Then he went and prepared his weapons, loading the projectile into the missle pack. Fett opened the hatch and pushed Crib forward, causing him to land in the dust face first. The apparent leader of the men stepped forward.

"We would like to thank you Boba Fett. As your reputation says, you always bring back the mark. I am Lorn Clavin, leader of the Peace Brigade. It is an honor to meet you."

"Just give me my money," Fett replied.

Clavin winced. "There's only one problem with that, Fett. You see, our credit chits are in the warehouse that we're using as our headquarters. So if you'll just hand the Jedi off to my men, you can accompany me to the credits."

"The merchandise stays with me until I'm payed. That's the way I operate."

"Alright Fett. Bring him along. The rest of you, go about your business."

While the rest of the men dispersed, the trio headed toward the warehouse. They entered a room with a table that had a credit chit on it. Fett quietly began scanning the room with his helmet. The back wall of the room was hollow. Or not quite hollow.....

OOC: Sorry that took so long to post. Had a lot of schoolwork to sift through.

15. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Ylesia

The rooms back wall exploded outward, showering Fett and Carib with fiery debris. Fett bounded to the table and flipped it on it's side, just as blaster fire erupted from the smoke. Fett leaned against the table, seeing an orange glow snaking it's way through the blackness. It intercepted the red bolts of light and deflected them toward their source. Groans and gasps were heard as Peace Brigaders were hit by their own blasts. Fett canted his head to the right, only to see a blaster pointing at his face. It was the first time a man had snuck up on him in who knows how long. It was the first time ever that a man such as Lorn Clavin had done it.

"Well, Fett. It looks like you anticipated our trap. No matter, because in a few moments your brain will be fried. Goodbye."

Clavin's finger tightened on the trigger and a flash blinded Fett....

OOC: Short one this time. But the next will be longer.

16. KnightHawk

Jan 17, 2003
    And I can't wait! This is very good stuff here!

17. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Ylesia

Fett opened his eyes to see the orange glow of Carib's lightsaber in front of him. Half a blaster and a finger lay on the floor in front of him. Clavin was whimpering, clutching his hand. Fett stood up and unholstered his blaster. He aimed it at Clavin's face. Carib raised his saber and turned to face him.

"What are you doing? He's beaten already! Let him live!"

Fett's gaze turned to Carib. His finger tightened on the trigger and shot Clavin in the face.

With a stun blast.

"I don't murder in cold blood. Now that you have your lightsaber out, we need to leave. Before the rest of this base figures out what has happened."

The two men strode out of the room, intent on beating the odds and making it back alive.

18. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Ylesia

Fett and Carib had gotten out of the room, but that was only the first of the two traps set for them. As the two headed down the hallway through the base, they ran into the second trap. The walls opened up and blast doors closed behind them. Two blaster cannons lowered from the ceiling and cmmenced firing at the pair. The bolts ricocheted around the area, scorching Carib's cloak and Fett's armor. Carib began to manuever his saber and deflected the bolts into the cannons, slagging them. The blast doors opened and they continued on...

Fett waved his hand and motioned for Carib to move forward. The two had been able to get to here from the hallway without being detected, but the two beings in front of the Slave IV were a complication.

Fett peaked his head around the outer wall's corner near the landing pad where the Slave IV was berthed. Fett activated his macrobinoculars and swept his gaze over the two men. The first was a Peace Brigadier and by the looks of him, he was the one truly in command of this base. The other Fett knew by sight. It was Adack Marthon, leader of the Novakiller pirate group. The two seemed to be haggling over the price of the Slave IV. Obviously the Peace Brigadier wanted to sell it for a little extra cash. Well, he would just see about that.....

19. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Ylesia

"So what you're sayin', Mr.Commander, is that you won't sell this piece of junk for less then a million creds, eh?"

Adack Marthon stood haggling for the price of the ship that he had been told was Slave IV. The Peace Brigade commander was driving a hard bargain, though. Asking too much, in Marthon's opinion.

"That is correct, Mr.Marthon. Nothing less."

Marthon rubbed his chin and thought. He didn't have to think for long, however. Because at that moment, theSlave IV lifted off on it's own...

OOC: Sorry that took so long. Have had a rough week.

20. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    PLEASE post more!!!!!!

Great story thus far.

21. Rampani

Feb 25, 2003
    Ylesia

Fett guided the Slave IV into the air and rotated it to fire on Marthon and the Peace Brigadier. Unfortunatly they had already dove for cover into Marthon's shuttle. They had turned on the shields before the Slave IV had opened fire. The blaster bolts from the ship flared all around them, but they remained unharmed.

Marthon flipped on his comlink and called his ship, the Corellian Corvette Demolisher.

"Switcher, send down the Preybirds! We're under attack!"

Moments later a screaming noise tore through the air. The 4 small and agile fighters known as the Preybirds swooped down, intent on killing the Slave IV. As their blaster fire lit up Slave IV's shields, Marthon's shuttle took off and headed to the battle cruiser. Fett, using his wrist link, had his ship fight back. It shot up into the air and opened fire. It's gattling laser cannons tore two of the Preybirds apart before they could realize what was happening. The other two peele off and circled around. The Slave IV popped out it's missle hatches and locked onto the two targets. A pair of proton torpedoes shot out and soon slammed into their targets. Fett then guided it into the woods about 100 meters away.

Carib just watched wide-eyed, amazed at the cpapbilities of the Slave IV. Alongside Fett, he rushed to the ship. They quickly got aboard and were off the ground in moments. The Fett said something that surprised even Carib with his Jedi abilities.

"These men are scum. They are traitors and deserve to die."

Fett hovered the ship over the center of the compound and pressed a switch. A hatch in the rear of the ship opened up and a large cylinder dropped onto the permacrete.

"Hold your ears, Jedi."

As the Slave IV headed for space, the sonic bomb detonated, flattening everything within a 4 kilometer circumferance.

OOC: Next up-The fight with the Corellian Corvette.

22. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Keep it up.

I'm suprised noone else has replied, great story.

23. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Okay I finally made it to this story! :D
    Wow! A lot has happened and what a THRILLER! Great action, I am looking forward to more! :D

24. picciami

Feb 4, 2003
    Okay, now that I'm back again, this is great....keep going...and back to work.

25. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Not bad. Not too bad at all.

In fact its good.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.