main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Return of the Jedi-- Sequel to It Is Your Destiny - (UPDATED FINALLY, JAN 7TH!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    TITLE: The Return of the Jedi
    Summary: Rotj continues in the sequel of It Is Your Destiny.
    Category: AU. OT.
    Notes: Sequel, AU, centered to Vader's relationship with Padme from It Is Your Destiny.

The cold of the night seemed to swallow her whole and the dawn did no better. For hours, the Rebellion Medics that had still been planet side worked on the small body that Luke had laid upon a cot within the Ewok Village. The hut belonged to that of Han's old friend Wicket and the Ewok had happily allowed his friends to use his home to help the pale looking woman on the bed.

They had fixed her legs and restored some broken ribs. Her pulse had picked up after the first hour and Leia had to wonder what had happened to her mother up there on that space station. Was Vader in worse shape than her? Had he been the cause of this?

Luke had so far said nothing as to what had went on and only sat on the other side of their sleeping mother in silence.

Leia tore her eyes away from the floor where they had been for over an hour and forced herself to stare into the face of the woman on the bed. Into a face that nearly was a perfect copy of what she herself would likely resemble in about twenty five years.

Her mother. And her brother had brought her back to her. In the dead of night on a strange world.

"Mother," Leia whispered aloud suddenly, her voice startled Luke as she did so, "Please, wake up. Please--"

With frightened eyes the Princess took hold of her mothers hands and gently kissed the top of her head. It brought back a memory for Leia that she would care to forget.

A young Leia cried helplessly, "Mummy, why isn't she moving?," as a tall man in dark brown robes fought to comfort the not even two year old girl that was crying at his feet, and lifted her up against his chest as she sobbed helplessly.

"Your mother is very sick," the man said softly, and then replied, "She wanted me to take you away should this happen. There are good people that will take care of you now. Bail Organa and his new wife wish to adopt you. You'll live with them on Alderaan."

"No," the tiny child cried pleadingly, "I wanna stay with Mummy. Please, don't take me away. She needs me. Mummy! Mummy!"

"I'm sorry, young one," the man whispered into the chestnut hair.

"No," the girl cried, "No, please! Ben, no!"

He then began to carry the child away as she was now screaming.

"Mummy, no! Wake up, Mummy! Don't let him take me! Please, Mummy! I love you! No! I'll be good! Please?"

But the body had never stirred even once. To the helpless eyes of a two year old, she was dead.

Leia blinked back the memory and forced herself to focus on the here and now. This time, no one was going to force her away. She would be here when her mother woke up.

Then no one was ever going to hurt her again.

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    This is great.

I wanted to cry with the scene where Leia remembers Ben taking her away from Padme. It was very realistic and lots of emotion. I could picture the scene.

3. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Oh my God... the sequel [face_love] :D

This was an excelent post, the scene where Leia remembers Ben taking away her from her mother...it's so sad... :_|

Great beginning.. :)

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The Sky seemed black from this angle from the Palace even during the daylight cycle, but Darth Vader knew no difference. It had been many long years since he had.

He was again behind these rooms, alone with his black rage. He had been unable to join them on Endor as he had promised Padme. He was also unable to know the extent of her injuries from the attack the Emperor had made upon her fragile form when she had suggested that he just allow their son to go.

Vader then had known instantly that he would have to hit his Master with everything that he had ever instructed him in. To do that, he had to get his family off of the Death Star. Vader then took Padme and Luke to his Shuttle and made his son promise to leave in order to get his mother the medical attention she desperately had needed.

For her, Luke had left him behind.

Vader had then discovered the Emperor hiding under the staircase of his Throne room like the coward he was. Vader had foolishly stepped into the shadows without paying attention to his direction and was struck himself with the black lightening he had not felt since the first days he had been placed into this iron prison.

Barely alive when the Emperor had finished with him, his ancient Master had taken him home to heal, and to ensure that he was unable to go after his family on Endor.

Vader was still weak. It had not even been a full day yet of course, but Vader hated feeling this way. Dependent on the black Master for life that he did not even want in his heart. Not without Padme at his side.

Padme.

He could feel that she still lived. Their bond was powerful in the Force. He had been unable to instruct her with anything else over time. It had been the only thing of the Force she had been willingly to learn from him. She said it was the only thing still pure about him. Their bond.

Now it was closed to him. That could only mean that she was in trouble herself.

He could only hope that their children would help see her through what he could currently not.

5. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Wonderful post.

Poor Vader I feel sorry for him.

6. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Great post.... and I'm sad...for everything that happened... :_|

Poor Vader :(

7. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    I finally made my way here!!!! :D (Thanks for telling me,Nessa)

You posted this early!!!! Great!!!! I thought I had to wait til next year...

Wonderful posts,quite sad... :( The flashback of the moment Ben took Leia away from Padme almost made me cry :( And I feel sorry for Vader,too...

8. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    (Thanks for telling me,Nessa)

You're welcome ;)

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I had intended to post in next year. I just had a burning to get it started though. 8-}

10. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Good start. Like everyone else, my sympathy is with Vader, and I hope we eventually see his reunion with Padme.

11. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor thing, that Darth Vader! And Leia!!!! Very, very sad!!!!

More soon! Please! I'm so happy you posted this early!!!!

A. Windsor

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    "Today should have been our wedding day," Han Solo told his friend, Lando Calrissian, as the men could see the room off in the distance where Leia Organa, and Luke Skywalker, were willing their mother to fight her injuries and live, "Not a day where she could lose her mother after learning such a horrible thing," Han said in disgust, and then looked back off in the distance at the tiny Hut.

"What horrible thing?" Lando asked curiously.

Han gasped at realizing what he had just let slip and shook his head, "Just drop it, please, Lando," Han asked of his friend softly, and looked his old buddy in the eyes, "Just trust me. You don't want to know this one."

"Come on, why aren't you telling me?"

"Because it would hurt Leia," Han replied with a snap, and shook his head again, "She made me promise not to tell anyone else. Not until she's ready herself."

"Oh," Lando said, still not quite understanding.

"So how's Calrina?" Han asked, changing the subject.

"She dumped me."

"I didn't even know you two had a thing, Lando," Han replied laughing and said, "Didn't she already dump you once before?"

"Well, we bonded during the battle," Lando said defensively, and then replied, "Got real close again, you know? But then we got to Endor and she dumped me for Antillies. She hasn't left his side all night!"

"Maybe it's for the best, Lando."

"Yeah." Lando said sharply. "Sure!"

Lando then left the village to return home.

Han then looked back toward the Hut again with great worry.

"Hope you're doing all right, Princess." He then said to himself.

"Mother?"

The hand in Leia's began to move at her daughter's soft pleas, and before Leia knew it, she was looking into a pair of soft brown eyes that matched her own. Her mother's eyes.

It was then that Leia began to cry from pure joy. Something that the Princess did not get to do that often in her life.

"Mom!"

Leia looked to her brother. For a moment she had forgotten he was even there.

"My children!" Padme declared in a ruff sounding voice. "Oh, my daughter. You're both here! Am I dreaming?"

"No," Leia declared happily. "You're not!"

"You look so much like me!" Padme said while looking into her daughter's eyes. "Anakin was right!"

"Anakin?"

"Why your father, dear." Padme said with a smile. "Surely you didn't think it was always Darth Vader!! There is a man inside of there."

Leia looked thoughtful for a long time before replying.

"I guess--in a way--I did."

13. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm lovin' this...

This post was awesome, Sara... And I can't wait for more... ;)

14. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Of course there was (and is) a man inside Vader!!!!

Great post... :D

Han is so worried about Leia... [face_love] And Leia is so worried about her mum... :)

This is awesome,really... ;)

15. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    "I guess--in a way--I did."

I 'm glad she does.

It was great to see Padme see her daughter for the first time. Unless I missed something or forgot something before. Sometimes I do have to read very fast at work.

Poor Lando.

I like how Han is very concerned for Leia.

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Moon Base, Barador System, Six hundred light years from Endor.

Three days after the battle of Endor.

"We've suffered some terrible losses," Mon Mothma said to her chief of military staff, and old friend, Admiral Ackbar, "But somehow we've managed to regroup back here. We must go on!"

"Has Princess Leia given you her report on Endor yet?"

Mon Mothma looked toward a young rebel officer by the name of Jacc Dalar. The young man was barely eighteen years old if he was a day. He still managed to obtain the position of flight officer in the docking holds that Rogue Squadron depended heavily on all within a mere six months of service.

"And how would you know that General Organa was even on Endor, Flight Officer Dalar?" Admiral Ackbar growled softly.

Mon Mothma looked to the young man patiently.

"No offense, sir," Dalar replied swiftly, "But who doesn't know? You should hear some of the things that people are saying about her and General Solo. Why I--"

"Sorry we're late, Mon Mothma," Han Solo quipped in a dry tone, as he barely caught the last of what Dalar was saying, before continuing on himself, "But the Princess had some business to take care of first on Endor."

"Of course," Mon Mothma beamed, as Leia quietly followed Han into the meeting from behind him into the room. Something that was a rarity. Leia was usually always first. Mon Mothma also noticed how tried and tired the woman looked. She did not look like a woman who survived something. She looked like a woman who had lost too much and could no longer bring herself to care. "Leia, are you all right?" She whispered to the woman beside her now.

"As good as ever." Leia replied with a quick snap. "I'm sorry. I'm just so tired."

Han took the seat next to Dalar and glared at the young man before sitting down.

"How is she?" Mon Mothma then whispered to Leia.

"She'll live." Leia said.

Han couldn't be certain who Leia was meaning. Her mother, or herself.

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    The next post will have the Emperor. ;)

18. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Hmmmm great post ;)

The next post will have the Emperor. ;)

Hmm.. Good.. :mad: :p

19. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Padme is gonna live...Good :)

Next one with the Emperor??? Good old Palps??? Great!!!! [face_devil]

20. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    two more great posts! more soon! Please!

A. Windsor

21. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I like the last couple of lines the best.

I think in personal opinion it was both of them would live but perhaps not quite as they were before.

22. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Up!!!! :)

More soon???? :)

23. Peregrine7

Peregrine7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    This is what I get for waiting on email notifications and not browsing the boards - I miss good stuff like this!

24. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Nice story.

I liked that conversation between Han and Lando.

25. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.