main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Return of Tom Selleck: Blue Bloods

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Nevermind, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    "The new drama Blue Bloods, which marked the return of Tom Selleck to prime time, was a hit for CBS on an otherwise humdrum night for broadcast television. The cop drama attracted 12.8 million viewers and posted a 2.2 rating/7 share in adults 18-49 ? a 22% increase versus what Numb3rs did last year. The drama also rocked its 10 p.m. time slot in the key demographic, along with posting wins among adults 25-54 and women 18-49."

I've always liked Selleck; apparently I'm not alone.

2. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Close
    Blue Bloods

Episode: Samaritan (NEW)

"A good Samaritan with a police record takes action against a terrorizing subway criminal, forcing the Reagans to weigh the rights and wrongs of vigilantism."

* NEW

3. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I've always like Selleck as well. I have to admit that I have Blue Bloods on the DVR, I just haven't watched them yet.

Donnie Wahlberg is outstanding as well. It's impossible to pick out a single character on Band of Brothers but that mini-series is probably the finest example of television ever. And Boomtown is still one of my favorite shows, and it's been off the air for 8 years now.

The combination of Selleck and Wahlberg should be solid.

4. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    10-11PM | CBS
    Blue Bloods

"Danny and Frank look for a bomb that's about to blow up in the middle of Manhattan."

5. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Blue Bloods

"Danny tries to find the source of a deadly narcotic after three teenagers die from an overdose."

10:00 - 11:00 PM CBS

6. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Blue Bloods

Episode: Brothers (NEW)

The family questions Erin's tactics when she tries to take down a gang leader by using his law-abiding brother as bait.

7. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    I think you missed an episode in there somewhere-the jewelry robbery/cop killing episode.. Not that it matters, just for completion sake and all....

But I really think this show is coming into its own. The dinner scenes, where the family picks a social topic and debates the issue, are a nice touch to the show. Selleck is excellent. Perhaps the only thing that it needs is to give Danny a little more depth in his character, instead of simply being the stereotypical "loose cannon."

8. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    New Episode:

"A Reagan's life is in danger after three criminals are released from prison."

9. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Apparently, this show is moving to Wednesdays...probably a good sign for it.

10. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    It is? Usually moving a show isn't a good sign, but in rare cases, a network might move strong show to shore up its line-up. I hope it continues to do well.

11. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I've watched it a few times, and it's pretty decent. Moving it to Wednesday nights is good for it; Friday is a death spot.

12. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  13. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Blue Bloods

Episode: My Funny Valentine (NEW)

"When a girl is kidnapped, Jackie and Danny suspect her drug-addicted boyfriend is responsible; Erin's relationship with her boss takes a step forward."

* NEW

14. Mr44

May 21, 2002
    There was an episode titled "Little Fish" which was aired about 3 weeks ago that probably ranks among the top episodes of any television drama precisely because of Selleck's performance. Basically, a 20+ year old unsolved cased resurfaced, and the way it was handled made for a top notch story.

At some point, Selleck should get an Emmy nod here.

15. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Blue Bloods

Episode: Silver Star (NEW)

"Danny vows to find the killer of a war hero who was homeless; false information about Frank leaks to the press."

* NEW

16. Kaul

Kaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2006
    I'm really liking this show so far. I'm really confused why they keep moving it back and forth between Wednesday and Friday though -- it makes it hard for the show to establish itself on a particular day.

17. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    10-11PM | CBS

Blue Bloods

"Danny and Jackie investigate when a model is poisoned at a fashion show. The episode is titled ''Let's Get Lots of Really Hot Extras to Show Up on Set.''

18. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I like this show.

19. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001

10-11PM | CBS | SEASON PREMIERE
    Blue Bloods

The mayor asks Frank to spin a story so an attempted murder looks like a random act of violence. Don't go there, Mayor. Frank hoards ethics in his 'stache.

20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Crap how did I miss seeing this last night when I was setting everything for the DVR?

21. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Blue Bloods
    Episode: Friendly Fire
    NEW
    S02, E02

"Danny must face an internal affairs investigation after shooting a cop who failed to identify himself."

CC
    TV-14 (L,V)

22. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Blue Bloods
    Episode: Critical Condition
    NEW
    S02, E03

Danny makes a discovery about an attempted bank robber's past; Jamie starts working with a new partner (Monica Raymund).

CC
    TV-14 (L,V)

23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I see the rift forming between Danny and his wife. She ll be wanting a divorce before the end of the season...

24. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Blue Bloods
    Episode: Innocence
    NEW
    S02, E04

"Erin reopens a rape case Frank worked on 18 years ago; when three teens are murdered, Jackie and Danny can't determine an obvious motive."

CC
    TV-14 (D,L,V)

25. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    10-11PM | CBS
    Blue Bloods

"Danny juggles a case with a romantic weekend. Throw in a live chicken and a couple of chain saws, and he's got himself an act!"