Beyond ~The Return to the Corporate Sector~ Post-ROTJ, Action/Adventure/Romance, H/L 05/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ivylore, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    O_O poor Leia!!! How can you do this to your characters?
  2. ivylore Force Ghost

star 2
    TiaRaye;I swear I didn't mean to end it on a cliffhanger. It just works out that way...

Calgary; Interesting that you asked for more details on that incident. Initially (in my notes), Han told her the tale while they were waiting for Tion to return. However it seemed rather unwise for Han to spill the details of old illegal heroics while captured. There will be details forthcoming in the post after the next. I'll try and put up a blurb here this week too.

Regarding the Shistavanen wolfmen who were freed from Star's End, I've actually never seen them in profic. If you remember where it was let me know!

RogueSticks; here's a blanket and some warm milk. ;)

Thanks LovelyLea, GreatOne, and A-Windsor!

StarWarsfan68; He's on his way...

Solo_Fan; I'm fond of writing her as rather mouthy when the situation calls for it and they do. This is all just the beginning of his 'negotiations' with her, unfortunately.

Sock; How can you do this to your characters?

Online anonymity. [face_devil]

Will he or won't he... get there in time?

See above reply.

Ivy

3. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    At least if he keeps negotiating, he won't be killing her right away! *whew* UP!!
  4. merkuria Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just want to send you an UP and let you know that I'm still on the edge of my seat, dying to find out where you are going with this... :)
  5. LovelyLea Jedi Knight

star 3
    You've got me waiting on the edge of my seat! Thanks! :) UP!
  6. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
  7. Gina Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't think it was possible to despise Tion any more than I already did ? until that post. :mad:

You have to admire Leia. She is one tough lady, always thinking on her feet and never giving up.

8. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    How's Leia going to get away from that scumbag?

*bated breath*
  9. ivylore Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey...

I'm late! But working on it!

Ivy
  10. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
  12. zsuzsa Force Ghost

star 1
    - delurks -

Poor Leia sitting in a big truble. This Lord Tion really an evil guy.

EDIT: I never heard about "The Radio Drama". Did the original actors perform this story?

I like this story so far.

Zs.
  13. calgary Jedi Knight

star 2
    Keep those Shistavanen wolfmen coming, Ivy! (i can't get enough of them)
  14. Solo_Fan Jedi Master

star 4
  15. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
  16. LovelyLea Jedi Knight

star 3
  17. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
  18. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
  19. LovelyLea Jedi Knight

star 3
  20. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    Up! And begging for more!
  21. ivylore Force Ghost

star 2
    *delurks late*

Hi everyone!

Tuesday or Wednesday.

*returns to guilty lurking*
  22. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    It's Tuesday here in Ireland...*taps foot* :p
  23. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, it's Wednesday now in Michigan! :D
  24. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
  25. ivylore Force Ghost

star 2
    ~Chapter 9~

Although the teeming inner hub of the Trade City metropolis never ceased bustling, activity in the sprawling residential areas subsided slightly after dark. The security at the tri-level Tionese style building wasn?t that tight, at least according to Han?s first impression of it. Blast-proof tinted windows blocked him from viewing whatever was inside but only two human guards stood in front of the main entrance. There were probably several cleverly disguised holo-recorders about and there were sure be more guards inside, but Han had broken into better protected facilities in the course of his lifetime and walked away with nary a scratch. The trio studied the complex from the tiny public garden down the block while they debated a means of infiltration.

Han suggested it might be best to scale the walls to the upper balconies, then find a means of entry on the second level. They weren?t likely to be seen by passers-by. In the past fifteen minutes, only a trio of locals had made their way along the globe-lit city street.

?Noooo,? his new partners hissed at him.

?Then what do you suggest??

They growled and grunted amongst themselves until Han wanted to grab them both by the scruffs of their necks and knock their over-sized heads together. They?d been doing that for the past hour while they waited for the back-up gravsled to arrive. After they rescued Leia, Han and Thalus would take one gravsled directly to the Northeast Starport. The other gravsled would bring Leia and Mooz, along with the entire den, to a safehouse outside the metropolis city limits. The seclusion wasn?t strictly for her protection. When the CSA and Ambassador Tion discovered the empty vault, he wasn?t going to waste time pondering where to look first. As a precaution, they all were going into hiding.

If all went well, the Falcon would be touching down on Bonadan in a matter of days to collect the lot.

If Han could figure out a way to scam the planetary sensors and bring his ship in to land undetected?

Trying not to get ahead of himself, he smacked a palm down and accidentally flattened the bulbous stem of a yumi. ?Can the committee come to a consensus before next year?

?We have an idea,? Thalus announced slowly. Beside him, Mooz?s patchwork-colored fur rippled as though his skin itched beneath. ?The guards will recognize us from the Tion Industries and Starfreight headquarters. We will tell them that we must meet with the Ambassador immediately. You wait. We will take care of them.?

?They?ll go for that??

?They have no reason to suspect otherwise.?

Wanting to believe them, Han grabbed for the ancient pair of electrobinoculars the duo had produced from the gravsled?s utility compartment, zoomed in and adjusted the lighting. Just as he?d feared, the outline of an object too large to be a comlink glinted in the moonlight along one of the guard?s belts. ?They?re armed,? he warned. ?Unless I?m imagining things.? Which I just might be with a near-concussion and hefty dose of sleeping gas still twitching inside my veins. ?Last time I checked weapons were illegal here.?

?On Bonadan yes, however that parcel of land belongs to the Tion Hegemony,? the lanky Shistavanen explained. ?They will be no problem for us. Once inside we will have to deal with the Yaka cyborgs. Then we will worry.?

?Who?s worried?? Han replied in deadpan tone, stepping aside as Mooz broke into a ferocious bout of scratching so as to avoid flying hair. ?Tactical suicide isn?t my idea of fun.? Personally, Han thought any armed foe, even a highly advanced Gamorrean would be preferable to the towering mounds of genetically engineered muscle. ?I met one of the ogres this morning. I didn?t like him.?

Thalus flipped his ears forward curiously. ?He probably didn?t like you either. They have very few emotions and will serve to the death.?

?Terrific.? Han wiped a palm covered in sweat and clear sticky yumi [/
    />
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.