Beyond - Legends ~The Return to the Corporate Sector~ Post-ROTJ, Action/Adventure/Romance, H/L 05/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ivylore, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Geezerette50 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I do what I must until Ivy resumes this story, Kiddo.
  2. ivylore Jedi Master

star 2
    Heeeey!!!!

Wow, am I ever late checking in here. Hope you've all had a great summer (or winter for you Southern hemisphere folks).

I'm probably a month or so away from updating this thread, still getting settled after a long summer, and moving to boot. But I'll be back!

Ivy

*Nice poetry, Geezerette ;)*
  3. LovelyLea Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yea! :) Good to hear from you! I'm sure that all of us will be waiting on the edge of our computer seats for you to update this story. You have been sorely missed! :) Good luck with the settling in!
  4. TiaRaye Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, I shall offer my UUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!
  5. LovelyLea Jedi Youngling

star 3
  6. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hope your moving goes smoothly, Ivy!
  7. Geezerette50 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thanks, Ivy! Hope your move is an uneventful one.

Hope fills our beings
    Ivylore speaks to glad hearts
    The thread winds higher
  8. calgary Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Delightful to hear from you. Good luck on your University semester coming up.....tough to do trying to settle in a new place, school.....and writing! We miss your writing.
  9. Geezerette50 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ivy's Grand Designs
    have sent her far to the east.
    Her threads are spun gold.
  10. Geezerette50 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Computer linkage
    Textile of wire and cable
    Warp and woof of life

Miss you, Ivy!
  11. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You should gather up these haiku and post them, Sue. :D
  12. Geezerette50 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I AM posting them, Kiddo! Right HERE!
  13. HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling

star 2
  14. Ginger Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    ivylore, I just got through the complete chapter and I love this story. I especially enjoy the way you have incorporated people and places from Han and Leia?s back-stories, such as Jessa & Doc, Xizor, and Tion. The work is well written, fast paced; entertaining, and you do a very nice job of paying attention to details. I enjoyed your characters, Thalus & Mooz, at least I think that their originals, I don?t remember them from any other story, but I could be wrong.
  15. TiaRaye Jedi Master

star 1
    Looks like time for an UP!
  16. HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling

star 2
  17. calgary Jedi Youngling

star 2
    It's icky outside. Leaves are blowing, getting cold, and I'm stuck inside. Time for this story to get rolling again.....
  18. ivylore Jedi Master

star 2
    It was icky outside here all day too.

Thanks Ginger! Yup. Thalus and Mooz are originals although I have odd moments where I think they might really be out there in canon. ;)

Time for this story to get rolling again.....

I agree! She's been officially cracked open in recent weeks and worked on. Hopefully (stern note to self) I can get a post up by the end of the month.

Ivy
  19. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan

star 4
  20. ivylore Jedi Master

star 2
    Yes, I'm back. And LATE!

Hope this isn't too drafty, but I need to get myself thoroughly back into this fanfic writing business, don't I?

~Chapter 9 (continued)~

Several long hours had passed.

Leia had been afraid, en route, that they were taking her to a real den, and had been relieved beyond words to discover their temporary hideout was only a subterranean miner?s station in the desert. It was dark and faintly rank and moist with mildew, but not rank enough to have been abandoned forever. Perhaps only for a season and in dire need of a spring cleaning. Emergency lights illuminated the surroundings well enough for her to see the half a dozen Shistavanen wolfmen reclining on their haunches. They wore crude mismatched bits of human clothing and chattered in their own language, which was, from the sounds of it, far more nuanced than Chewbacca?s native Shyriiwook. She couldn't have made out the difference between a word and a sigh if her life depended on it.

Shaking her head to clear her senses, Leia climbed carefully to her feet and began picking her way carefully between the throng of limbs. ?Who?s in charge here?? she asked.

They all stared at her.

?Who?s in charge??

Still, no answer. Upon fleeing the embassy, they'd forced Leia to lay balled up in the storage compartment of the gravsled like a stowaway. After an interminable ride, an ancient wolfman with one ear had released her, growling and snapping threats. She didn?t see him now, although she?d assumed he held some position of authority within the group. ?I asked you ? who -?

?I went to school,? one of them said, languorously unwinding its long limbs until towered over her by nearly a meter. ?I understand you.?

?Oh.? It hadn?t occurred to her that they might not understand. They were all younger creatures, if she took stock of the lush shininess of their fur and slighter statures. A few were even wide-eyed with anxiousness. ?I need ? are there any medical supplies here??

?You may search for them.?

From the looks of it, the one speaking with her was probably female. ?Where might I find my belongings??

It pointed. ?In the room at the end of the hall.?

Accompanied by the she-wolf, Leia found her traveling bag. She also located an undated tube of salve in the fresher cupboard. She was almost relieved that there were no painkillers; she preferred a clear-head but would have taken them, had they been available.

With her elbow, Leia rubbed the metallic sonic divider and inspected her lower lip. She?d bitten it at some point during the gravsled ride; it tasted raw and sweet. The metal was too dingy for her to see much of anything, save hope that it felt worse to the touch than it was in actuality. She rinsed out her mouth with water that tasted of chemicals and sat on the edge of the counter-top. Looking at the bloodied inside of her lower lip and strange puckered inner flesh was the easy part.

Han had abandoned her to the care of a group of Shistavanen wolfmen who treated her like a captive and a guest ? or something in between the two.

She tried to look inward past that and take in the most recent events.

Access denied.

Shrugging off the stiff borrowed coveralls, Leia struggled to apply the salve to her most recent abrasions, carefully avoiding the tender area where the bone-knitter had been painfully injected. The she-wolf was respectfully quiet until she finished.

?Do they all hurt??

?All??

?Even the old ones??

Leia blew out a long uncomfortable breath. The young Shistavanen was obviously curious ? probably never having had a human in her home, or practically undressed for that matter. ?No, the old ones don?t really hurt,? she replied. ?I guess our species just doesn?t heal up as well as yours does.? She thought it better to head off any more interest in her physical person, concerned she?d wind up with her ears tugged on or a finger up her nose, and dressed quickly in her own clothes. ?
    />
  21. calgary Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Wow!!! I don't know wher to begin, except you picked up everying without dropping a beat and produced a great post.

"It still astounded her that another person was capable of loving her the way he did. It brought her to a point where she loved herself in an abstract way" love that!

Those wolfmen rock! I was a fan of them before...but this even better.

"Shakes head" don't how you do it, but you love writing and it shows. I'm looking forward for more.

Hope you move was soothing and your transition into student OK. :D
  22. owphoenix Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yeah!! A post.

Great job.
  23. GreatOne Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh boy! You're back! And with such a wonderful new post, too! *happy, happy, happy!*

I love this story!
  24. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow, this is you being rusty??! Great post *turns green with envy*
  25. GreatOne Jedi Master

star 4
    Ivy.... you need to correct your update line to read 11-5! not October! :eek: ;) (you'll get more readers that way!)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.