Beyond ~The Return to the Corporate Sector~ Post-ROTJ, Action/Adventure/Romance, H/L 05/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ivylore, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Good post. Are you planning on tying up all the loose ends before bush time? :)
  2. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Excellent conclusion here Ivy. I hope Tion so gets his due!
  3. Solo_Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    I do so love the way you write Han and Leia, ivylore. They have such a wonderfully complex relationship in your stories. I, too, will have to reread this at your website. Looking forward to reading the conclusion. :)
  4. ivylore Force Ghost

star 2
    Thanks for your responses everyone!

~Conclusion

~

?If you fire at them you will only make them stronger.?

?That?s exactly what you heard??

Leia nodded. ?It makes no more sense to me now than it did then.?

?But it?s troubling you.?

?Yes.?

Luke Skywalker leaned against the trunk of a tree and dug the heel of his right boot into the mud. It was near nightfall and although the Alliance base was several kilometres from the Ewok village where he had first revealed himself to be her brother, Leia found that their discussion here again felt familiar. Lately, she found that every moment with him felt that way, as though everything that could happen already had and she was reliving it.

?What does Han think??

?I haven?t asked him yet.?

?It could be that you?re overlooking a simple explanation. Honestly, I wouldn?t worry about it.?

Leia released her breath and nodded. Having Luke tell her not to worry was almost as good as discovering the source of the odd message that had been plaguing her for days now.

?Then again, I haven?t read the entire report yet.?

She flinched inside. ?You should read the report.? Tyyla?s fate, her suicide, among other things, was at the very end. It was still too raw to discuss out loud.

?I was awfully worried about you.?

?You had good cause to worry.? She turned and leaned into the tree, cheek against the scratchy furrows and moss. On the way back, Han had suggested repeatedly that when they arrived back at Endor, she might tell your brother how suspect her past was. And she wanted to explain to him her sense that somehow both her survival and Han?s survival were all part of a greater plan, but she hadn?t figured out how to begin. Now it tumbled from her lips, like water through her fingers, the truth about Ambassador Tion and how Han had been the lure all along. About Tyyla. About how it had been Han?s past heroism that had inadvertently saved them both. (Well, even if that past heroism hadn?t exactly been on purpose, but Leia decided it wasn?t lying if she left that part out.)

Luke listened intently. ?It could very well be,? he said when she finished. ?Yoda used to say that the Force worked in mysterious ways. I don?t know if the Force is reaching for you so much as perhaps you?ve subconsciously become more receptive to it.?

?Because of you,? she replied. ?This all began on Bespin when I knew we had to go back for you. It?s as though? something was opened, a door, a gate.?

At that, Luke pursed his lips and eyed the canopy overhead. ?I almost went after you this time.?

She wondered if he had any idea how close she?d come to reaching for him, how close she?d come to begging him for his help. She wondered if she knew the answer to that herself.

He dropped his gaze, reached up and pressed a cool palm against her cheek. ?Remember that pain inevitably becomes anger.? His piercing blue eyes went from boyish to ancient in the span of a heartbeat. ?Without fail.?

Leia began feeling squirrelly, as though Luke had probed inside her head. Maybe he had read the entire report after all.

?I knew if you truly needed me, you?d call to me, that I would feel it.?

She nodded and her brother?s eyes shed the haunted look of an old man, just like that. He said, ?Have you seen Chewbacca??

It broke the spell. Leia almost bit her tongue, trying not to laugh, and crumpled at the waist against the tree trunk.

?I think they were a gift from the Ewoks.? Luke swiped his hand across his mouth. ?I didn?t know what to say when first saw them - has Han seen him yet??

As it turned out, Chewbacca, whose fur was frequently unbrushed and flying wild, had a vain streak after all. It would be another few weeks until his leg-hair grew back, and in the interim, he?d taking to wearing simply woven grass coverings that shimmered and shook with every step. ?He?s seen them. He was there for most of yesterday having tests run on his eye.?

A short time
    />
  5. Solo_Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    Good ending! It's just sad that they are going to be separated again so soon after their return. Are you going to be gone again for the summer? If so, I'm going to miss your wonderful writing. Have a great summer!
  6. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    Wonderful ending. This was a fantastic story from beginning to end. I loved it! Thank you for writing it, and I hope you continue writing more H/L stories in the future! :D :D :D
  7. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Great ending. [face_laugh] @ Chewie, and have a good summer too :D
  8. calgary Jedi Knight

star 2
    A great ending. I agree about with about everybody. Hope you will continue to write Hand and Leia. Nobody does it better. Have a great and productive summer.
  9. Rosh_Penin Jedi Knight

star 2
  10. Geezerette50 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ah, man....yeah, good ending (especially since Luke was featured ;) ), but that means....it's OVER.

And we get no more Ivy til Fall.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.