main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The "Revelation" Of Episode VIII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, Dec 23, 2015.

?

What will be the revelation of Episode VIII?

1. Rey is Han and Leia's Daughter (Kylo's Sister) ?

13 vote(s)
    9.4%
  2. Rey is Luke's daughter (Kylo's cousin)?

48 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. Rey was created by the force (like Anakin)?

11 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Snoke is Darth Plagueis?

15 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. Snoke is Darth Sidious?

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. Jar Jar Binks is the evil mastermind behind everything?

19 vote(s)
    13.8%
  7. Something else?

31 vote(s)
    22.5%
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Episode VIII is a "middle act" of the trilogy and it's role will be to take the characters introduced in TFA and deepen them. Deepen the plot. Create dilemmas and peril for our heroes and possibly let the villains win.

Story wise this one will be closest to The Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones - As well as doing all of the above, both of these ended on a "reveal"

ESB- Vader is Luke's father.

AOTC - Dooku is Lord Tyrannus (and the Clone War is a plot by the Sith to take over the Galaxy)

So, can we expect a "revelation" in Episode VIII?

I would say almost certainly yes! But what will it be?

I've added a poll with some more obvious possibilities but post you ideas for the revelation that will shock and surprise us all in May 2017.

whostheBossk and KnightOfRen like this.
  2. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    I'll repost something crazy I came up with for fun in another thread...

Crazy theory, but I'm just throwing it out there for fun:

What if it wasn't the Knights of Ren who wiped out all the Jedi? What if it was little Rey who couldn't control her powers and she was just so, so strong in the Force that she like Force Insta-killed everyone around her. And this is why Luke went into exile, got all sadsies, and used his own super Force connection to shut her down, Jedi Mind Tricking Level 100 her with mindwiping and false memories while having Lor San Tekka monitor her from afar.

What if that shot of Kylo Ren impaling one of the other KoR with his lightsaber was some extension of Rey's emotions controlling/willing him to do it? And all those KoR that we saw standing there were doing that not just for a cool pose but because they're frozen in amazement and were all not in control of themselves?

And what if this all happened before Ben turned? Maybe the Knights of Ren were just some of the older members of Luke's Jedis that look all dark and evil-y, but maybe they weren't at all and just liked masks and dark clothing. Haha. Maybe this is the event that made Ben take up the name Kylo Ren and turn because he couldn't deal with being forced to murder and participate in massacring his fellow Jedi and convinced himself that he was tainted. Confused, he just rolled with it and talked himself into doubting if he's worthy of being on the Light Side and was destined to follow in his grandfather's footsteps. This could also be another reason why he was always freaking out about "a girl" because he was there, knew her and knew what she could be capable of, and maybe even helped Luke with restraining her and setting up her new false memories (so she doesn't remember what she did) and life...of course right before he decides to go run away confused and Snoke gets his hands on him. Maybe that's what Leia meant by sending him away. They sent him away from Luke to like calm himself down, self-reflect, vacation, reset...all of that. Instead that's when Snoke got to him. Now that he's gone further into the Dark Side he sees this opportunity to mold she and her power for his own benefit and use. Oh and maybe Luke and Ben, together, somehow shutdown/limited her connection to the Force for all this time until now where her raw connection to it has been awoken.

Just having fun, mind wandering.

ITA: The Wookiepedia says the Knights of Ren were affiliated with the First Order and Snoke. And there's the whole red lightsaber thing. Whoops. Maybe those seven that we saw...or fewer become the Knights of Ren AFTER that slaughter, but in that rainy shot, they're just Jedi. I've got nothing to explain the red lightsaber and the whole it being janky because Kylo Ren isn't trained well enough to make a proper one. Maybe it was the Skywalker in him that got all ambitious to make one before he was ready and a red Kyber crystal was the only thing he could find. So it's just a coincidence that it's red already and worked out later on when he decided to go Dark Side.

ITA2: Upon latest viewing, Han tells Finn and Rey that "a boy who was a pupil of Luke's" destroyed the next generation of Jedi. This could be a lie or something Han was told who believes to be true. Maybe even Kylo Ren wants everyone to believe this. A "from a certain point of view" type of thing. It does totally parallel the many Obi-Wan beats on the Falcon that Han was now charged with in the same setting.

3. DantooineOrBust

DantooineOrBust Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    The easy answer is Luke's daughter - although that opens up a lot of questions that would need to be answered. Whose the mom? How did they meet? Where did the mom go?

Just by going on what we know in TFA, it would seem odd for her to be Han and Leia's daughter. I mean they never even remotely acknowledge her as such. I think there is only ONE explanation if this is the case. Leia was very early in a pregnancy when the Jedi academy massacre occurred, her and Han split, and she had the child and sent her into hiding. Would be an interesting storyline...but I would hate for Han to have died without knowing he had a daughter.

Rey will definitely not be created out of the force!

Right now I'm like 50/50 either way with the top 2 choices. Would be cool for Luke to have a daughter, but man does that open a ton of questions. If Leia is the mom I could see a conversation similar to Obi Won and Luke in ROTJ, where she will explain to Rey why she put her in hiding and could not raise her herself.

4. DantooineOrBust

DantooineOrBust Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    Tan Wessel I like your originality. That is actually very interesting theory. That being said, I would imagine the execs at Disney would put the brakes on that storyline pretty quick. Daisy Ridley is going to be royalty at Disney for the next few years, and they would not have their princess involved in a massacre. I think 99.9% of the people leaving the theater after TFA agreed that 'they love the new girl!'. I think you would turn off a lot of the average movie goer by turning her into a miniature Charlie Manson.

5. interxavier01

interxavier01 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I'm not ruling out the 'Han and Leia's daughter theory'. It could still happen.

Off-Topic: Daisy could totally star in a Crime Drama TV series.

6. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Snoke's a poser and a figurehead and that Del Toro's character is the one really calling the shots? ;)

7. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    Rey being Luke's daughter is very obvious.

But Luke won't tell her. The "shock" of Episode VIII will be the shock we feel through Rey when Kylo is the one that has to tell her.

Also if that news causes her to turn to the dark side (after all, if Luke was willing to lie to her about the thing that's most important to her, why trust him...), THAT will be the bigger shock.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  8. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    , I think Del Toro will be the leader of the New Republic forcing it to become the New Empire but the Ancient Fear is going to be the real bad guy pulling all the strings

9. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Right now I go with Rey beeing Luke's daughter.

10. james92rogers

james92rogers Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    the easy bet is Rey being Luke's daughter but surely everyone is expecting that now, I think it would be cool if they threw a spin ball and mixed it up a bit.

Maybe Ren will be Rey's very young looking father?

11. JariKokko

JariKokko Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    I'm just not feeling the Rey is Luke's daughter thing, or that she's a Kenobi for that matter. Having her left on a desert planet basically alone... I don't think so. Memory wipes because she was at the academy already? It just doesn't feel right. No way she's Han and Leia's daughter, she interacted with them both, and there was nothing there... I'll admit though, Felicity Jones; white British actress, bears some resemblance to Ridley - there could be something there, but I think that's just Disney finding another female lead for a change. Trilogies are story circles within themselves, and needing to watch a "spin-off" to get important information also doesn't fit (as much as I believe Disney wants make sure you will also go pay to see those movies ;). See the last paragraph for more explanation removed from the Star Wars universe).

These new Saga movies continue the Skywalker story, and we already have our "Skywalker" (descendant) - with Han and Leia's son. This already serves as a big reveal, they just put it in the first movie of the new trilogy not the second (this generation's gotta have it explained now, or whatever that whole argument is...) but I'm sure we will get some more new surprising information about something in Episode 8. It's a great twist to now have a dynamic and developed journey from a villain's side of things.

Why can't Rey just be a girl powerful in the Force? In Episode 7 when Maz tells Rey she must know deep down that her parents aren't coming back for her, it seemed to me like that plot line was being closed off and it's pretty cut and dry. Rey must accept that fact, and be able to move on from it in order to go on this new adventure and open her mind and not deny her abilities. Feeling the need to go back to Jakku was holding her back, and was a lie she's been telling herself, but once she admits that she's waiting for no-one, she can continue on her new 'journey' ("There's nothing here for me now" as Luke once said). Her and Finn both had their moments at the castle about finding themselves; finding their purpose.

To give an explanation for her superb affinity with the Force I thought about this: in order to have pupils to train, Luke must have sensed and gone to gather young kids who had a strong connection to the Force - that's how the Jedi did it. There were not ever a ton of Jedi at once, because having a strong enough connection to be considered for Jedi-ship is probably not too common. Luke may have had a good number of Padawan's he was training, but we know they have been wiped out. If Luke gathered most of the really Force sensitive kids, but they're gone now, then Rey is one of the very few, if not one of the last strong Force sensitive people around at this time. Out on the Outer Rim, maybe she was not identified (just like Anakin). More Force-strong ones will be born randomly in time, as they always are, but for now Rey is sort of the only hope at this time to counter the Dark Side. For a while now it seems (though we may find out more through other media about what's been happening in the galaxy) the only ones tapping into the Force are Dark Side users, since Luke is in exile - this is not good! The Force has a "will" as we've heard stated many times, and I think for now it is very much with Rey, directing her destiny, and ultimately "counting on her." Also, Yoda and Obi-Wan are "one with the Force" now, so their presence in Rey's vision isn't too much of a stretch, nor do I think a subtle clue to her origins.

Lastly, I always like to look at outside factors when trying to make predictions - meaning the real world situation with Disney and such: someone above mentioned her being "Disney royalty," which is totally true; she is like a new Disney princess. One of the 'points' for my lack of a better word, of all the Disney princesses is that any little girl can feel like they could put themselves in the princess's place (I know they are pretty much all white, but regardless...). I just did some research and I don't think any princess ever had a last name...

grand_admiral_ewok and Neha like this.
  12. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

Weeeelllll Ben would've been 10 years old when she was born so that would indeed be a rather large curve ball lol. :D

13. GutWrench

GutWrench Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2015
    Rey Skywalker!

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Rey Skywalker comes early, with Rey telling someone else (since Luke has already told her).

Then we learn Snoke is Plagueis, who trained Palpatine and created Anakin, and perhaps the first Sith too.

Luke has discovered the way to destroy Snoke for all time by studying the First Jedi Temple.

Then we learn Kylo Ren has planned to betray Snoke/Plagueis all along, to finish what Anakin started and destroy the Sith. Kylo is also the one who spared Rey.

He succeeds in destroying Snoke forever with help of Luke and Rey, but after its done, he's not as strong as Vader to reject the dark side like he wanted to do at this point. Luke tries to take him in, but Kylo is able to kill Luke, knock out Rey and kidnap her, and declare himself the new Supreme Leader of a now-conquered Galaxy.

15. Order 66

Order 66 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    I just don't know about the whole Luke's daughter thing. It's very possible, but it just leaves too much up in the air with the whole mother situation.

16. jofos

jofos Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015
    I think the big revel is that Luke felt Ben was unstable and shouldn't be trained as a jedi so he sent him home. Ben wants to be trained so Leia sends him to Snoke thinking Snoke is training him to be a jedi.

17. KWGerald

KWGerald Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2015

Not really. We have another 2 movies to go. There's plenty of time to explain that.

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    How can Vader be Luke's father? Who would be the mother? Plot hole!

11-4D likes this.
  19. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Luke: I am your father.
    Rey: Jerk! I hate you! You leave me alone on a desert planet and I have to be a scavenger. You never came back for me?

OR

Kylo: Are you really Darth Plagueis?
    Snoke: You been following The Force Net?

20. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Rey is Luke's daughter and Hux is a Kenobi descendant. That's why Hux and Kylo have such a rivalry. :p

But seriously I don't know what kind of revelation there can be. I think Snoke and Rey's background seem like obvious choices.

21. Neha

Neha Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2015
    I just don't think Rey is Luke's daughter because going down that road would require some backstory on Rey's mother,how he met her,what happened to her mother,and why Luke left her.I would much rather spend more time learning about the present SW universe and the state of the galaxy,Kylo Ren's downfall,Kylo and Rey's training,and what happened to Luke.There is already so much story that needs to be told. I'm thinking she's Rey random.

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe it's that Snoke is planning to drain Kylo's life force and is the one who corrupted the founder of the Sith.

23. interxavier01

interxavier01 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Rey is actually Han and Leia's daughter and the whole clues leading her to Luke being her father were a misdirection.

24. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    The First Order is a lie. Snoke has no interest in restoring the legacy of the Empire or in making Kylo the heir to Darth Vader. Every soldier, every officer, every blind follower of the First Order is just a pawn in a larger game. Snoke took control of the remnants of the Empire with promises of a return to glory but what he really wants is to destroy everything. Jedi, Sith, Republic, Empire...he hates all of it and wants to see the galaxy burn. When the time comes, he will destroy the First Order himself, perhaps paving the way for a greater threat, possibly from outside the galaxy. Episode VII saw the destruction of the Republic. Episode VIII will see the destruction of the First Order and Episode IX will see the last remnants of both gathering together, enemies becoming allies, to fend off this greater threat to the galaxy.

25. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013

I think Snoke is after Luke. He's going to finish training Kylo and make him more powerful just to drag Luke in. Then after Luke Defeats Kylo and leaves him injured on the ground Snoke will reveal himself as Darth Plagueis and begins to show Luke and Rey the true meaning of the Dark Side. Luke will bow to him in order to allow his Rey" previously trained and revealed as his Daughter to Escape with Kylo in tow, who will now join the Rebellion and team up to in Episode IX to defeat Skywalker/Plagueis. Eventually Luke will sacrifice himself ALA Vader to save his Daughter from the hands of Plagueis