main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Revelation" to be cut

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthGramsci, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGramsci

DarthGramsci Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2003
    As many of you know someone at Dark Horse said some time ago that a "revelation" which is in the graphic novel will be cut from the movie. This has been discussed before, but I think it deserves its own thread.
    It has been suggested that the Qui-Gon/Yoda-bit is what this refers to, which would be a shame, because of the build up in EP II (Qui-Gons voice). I really hope this isn't cut. What di you guys think.

2. Knightstorme

Knightstorme Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2003
    I would hope not that is one of the most vital part of this six part story...

3. Koto-Ogami

Koto-Ogami Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    The cut "revelation" is something I'm surprised more people weren't curious about. A lot of us -fear- that it could be Qui-Gon because we really want that to happen. Removing those scenes really would seem to leave a gap; the Force Ghosts have to be explained in some manner.

I'm hoping that its just Yoda arriving on Dagobah.

4. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    I doubt it will be cut unless explained in another part of the movie. GL constantly looks for redundancy when editing film.

5. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    I'm hoping that its just Yoda arriving on Dagobah.

Most likely. Motee said a while back that Dagobah was cut, yet it's in the graphic novel. That's probably it.

6. DarthBot

DarthBot Jedi Master star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I can't figure out why everybody needs the force ghosts explained. I just always accepted it as a power that the light side of the force masters had. We don't need the jedi mind trick or levitation explained or seeing into the future or sith lightning, why this. I would be just as pleased to not see the Qui Gon scene as seeing it. I don't think it makes any difference what so ever.

7. ClOnE_oF_vAdEr

ClOnE_oF_vAdEr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2003
    The Qui-Gon revelation isn't important to the central story of this film, it just gives an explanation to wat happens later on. It could very well be cut without hurting the film. In fact, I think it would help it by being cut. Just too EU-ish.

8. YouMustConfrontVader

YouMustConfrontVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Hopefully it has nothing to do with Qui-Gon and Yoda in a scene together.

9. Melancholy

Melancholy Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    It needs to be explained.

10. The_Little_Red_Jedi

The_Little_Red_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Is Yoda arriving on Dagobah a 'revelation'?

Unless this is just a journalistic error of some kind, I fear it could be something more. I really, really hope not though.

11. DarthMalcom

DarthMalcom Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2003
    it is important. How do you explain Jedis dieing in EPII without disapearing, than have them die in OT while disapearing, theres a huge hole there.

12. ClOnE_oF_vAdEr

May 9, 2003
    It needs to be explained.

Why?

13. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    Because up until Qui-Gon, no Jedi knew this could be done except this shaman.

It was thought that Jedi died and became one with the Force. In doing so, they lost that of themselves which was the individual and became a part of the greater whole (energy).

Qui-Gon teaches Yoda and Obi-Wan how to become one with the Force while still maintaining the self. It's the whole Living Force and Unifying Force thing.

Until Qui-Gon teaches them, they had no idea this could be done. All the Jedi before them like Mace and Ki-Adi have lost their individual selves. It is gone. They are merely part of the unifying Force now.

Their energy exists but the self is lost.

14. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    people seems to like to over dramatise crap. Like the tunring he Skywalker family on it's head and now a missiong Revelation.

Basicly just a couple of points in the movie we either already know and just don't realise thats what they mean or something no as all emcompasing as they wish us to believe.

Delusions of Grandure my friends.

15. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    'It needs to be explained.'

'Why?'

So he can have one more thing to bitch and moan about of course! :)

16. Darthoffski

Darthoffski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    Since my understanding of this stuff is that it relates to the lessons learned so hard by obi and yoda about why they failed, and indeed, the source of any continuing hope/faith the jedi survivors retain, and also bookends the prequels with a dominant first film character who hasn't died in vain after all,

cutting this stuff would be like ripping the heart of star wars out and throwing it in the trash.

17. ClOnE_oF_vAdEr

May 9, 2003
    You see that's the thing that just makes the EU... not as good. They try to explain everything. That takes away some of the draw to th series, IMO. Plus, it seems a bit like an afterthought. When Qui-Gon died in TPM, there was closure for the character. He fulfilled his given role, which was introducing anakin skywalker to Obi-Wan. His few lines in AotC have been taken way too far by the fans...

18. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    So he can have one more thing to bitch and moan about of course! :) - TWD

What's it like to just love everything?

Admit it, two hours of Lucas on the toilet and you'd still be first in line.

People like you are the problem. You know why?

Because he knows that he can give you and your kind anything and you'll just accept it.

Everything he does is great, so he doesn't even have to make an effort. Nope, not even a little one.

Just wait and see.

Oh, but wait. You'll say it's great regardless. Forgive me. For a second there, I had imagined that you had a spine.

19. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Lucas has been saying since Episode I that the Force Ghosts would be explained, that is not being cut.

It was probably Dagobah.

20. Darthmalius

Jan 29, 2005
    What's it like to just love everything?

Admit it, two hours of Lucas on the toilet and you'd still be first in line.

People like you are the problem. You know why?

Because he knows that he can give you and your kind anything and you'll just accept it.

Everything he does is great, so he doesn't even have to make an effort, not even a little one.

Just wait and see.

Oh, but wait. You'll say it's great regardless. For a second, I'd imagined you had a spine.

Do you say this to everybody who is a fan of anything simply because they say they like something they must be a kiss ass?

21. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    It's impossible to be a fan of the prequels.

One would have to be (insert most insulting word you can think of right here).

22. Darthmalius

Jan 29, 2005
    It's impossible to be a fan of the prequels.

One would have to be (insert most insulting word you can think of right here).

imrobible not impossible. Anyways if you hate them so much go to the ot boards and stopp hating on these.

23. Starwars_1977-1983

Starwars_1977-1983 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2004
    Can Yoda standing in a slimy mud hole be considered as a revelation ?

24. Puke-Eyeswater

Puke-Eyeswater Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2002
    For someone who states 'it's impossible to be a fan of the prequals' - aren't you then in the wrong forum?

If you care so little about the PT - why go to the trouble of attacking other posters on this thread?

25. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    So melancholy,the great number of prequel fans are all,according to you,(insert most insulting word whatever)and you are the sole voice of reason?Its not possible that people have their own tastes and we all don't want to think exactly like you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.