main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Revenge of Grand Moff Hissa WARNING! MASSIVE!! SPOILERS!!! For Ep VII

Discussion in 'Literature' started by King_in_Yellow, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King_in_Yellow

King_in_Yellow Jedi Knight

Jan 15, 2012
    This entire post is a massive spoiler so do not read any further if you haven't seen The Force Awakens and don't want to know anything about the movie before watching it.

When I was watching Episode VII I was absolutely startled when a character appeared on screen who bore a striking resemblance to Grand Moff Hissa:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are plenty of bald aliens or aliens without human hair in Episode VII but off the top of my head I cannot recall a human or near human in Episode VII who was bald. Is this JJ Abrams way of hinting to the audience that the secret identity of Supreme Leader Snoke is actually Grand Moff Hissa?

Think about all the available evidence

1. Both Snoke and Hissa are bald.

2. Both Snoke and Hissa are Imperials or belong to factions that identify with the Empire (depending on how you want to classify the First Order).

3. Snoke appears to have been horribly burned. His ears (particularly his right ear) appear partially melted. Grand Moff Hissa was supposedly killed when he was dumped into a pit of molten lava. If anything will horribly burn you it is going to molten lava. Coincidence? I think not.

4. Supreme Leader Snoke is apparently a strong Force user but does not self identify as a Sith Lord. Throughout the Glove of Darth Vader series there is no indication that Hissa can use the force BUT he certainly bent every resource at his disposal to finding the glove of Darth Vader. Wouldn't a dark genius like Hissa try to learn more about the Sith and Dark Side artifacts in his quest to find the glove of Darth Vader? With this background knowledge at the back of his mind, isn't it possible that any latent force potential within him was activated (or Awakened) when he was plummeting to his death into that molten pit? The only way he could have survived such an ordeal was to use the Force to save his life. And and once he had used the force to save his life, keep in mind that he would have found himself near the Lost City of the Jedi, a vast archive or learning pertaining to the Force which he could have used to further develop his powers.

5. Hissa was devoted to Emperor Trioculus and was devastated when he was cruelly assassinated. The person most responsible for his death was princess Leia. Consider that Episode VII might have been the culmination of Hissa's revenge. "Snoke" apparently seduced Kylo Ren to the Dark Side of the Force. And we all know now that Kylo Ren was the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia. What better way to inflict pain on the hated murderer of Emperor Trioculus than to steal her son? And do not forget that his vengeance was not yet complete. Thanks to Snoke's prompting, Kylo Ren murdered his own father. Snoke entire plan seems to be centered around exacting revenge on Leia and the only character who would bear this much of a grudge against her could only be Grand Moff Hissa.

"Snoke is X character" doesn't need its own thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.