main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Revenge of the Pins: The SMT Cosmic Bowling Experience II

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    It's been nearly a year since we let the gutter balls fly, folks! Time to roll 'em again!

Come on out and join the SMT for a round of Cosmic Bowling on Saturday, February 5th at Billy Hardwick's All-Star Lanes at 1576 S White Station Rd, Memphis.

We'll meet up in the lobby at 8:30 pm. Cosmic Bowling starts at 9 pm and lasts until 3 am. Officially, we'll plan on bowling until 11 pm, but, if we're having too much fun to quit, we can always roll on through until the wee hours.

The price for two hours is $12, including shoe rental. (I'll confirm this with the lanes, especially after the problem we had last time thanks to one website's misprint!)

If you know you'll be there, then please let us know as soon as you can. If I have a good idea of how many to expect, I can try to reserve us a few lanes beforehand.

To RSVP, you can post here in this thread, or you can email me at tim@suspiciousmindtrick.net

Hope to see everyone there!

-Tim

2. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    I was there last time ( my first SMT event) and I plan on it this time....hopefully I can do better this time......I mean the target meter is only 2 meters wide.....surely we can hit a target within 2 meters right?!!?

3. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I'll check and see if I can make it! It was fun last time, though I was sore for a week, lol.

4. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Whoo, bowling! I'm the gutterball queen!

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

5. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Count Trish and myself there for sure!

Chuck

6. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Just checked my calendar and that night looks free. See you there!

7. BlueLoriSaber

BlueLoriSaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    {i]Whoo, bowling! I'm the gutterball queen![/i]

I seriously doubt that! You've never seen me play. I can seriously get the ball in the gutter EVERY SINGLE TIME! It could be going strong down the center, but it will weer off towards the end and go into the gutter.

I wish I could go, but I've already got plans to be in Memphis for 2 weekends in February and I don't think I can make a third. Hopeyou guys have fun, though.

8. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    sure.....count me in

9. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Gina and I plan on being there, and I plan on bowling a below-mediocre game.

-Joe

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Me, too, Joe, but my bad bowling will probably have more to do with another item in my bowling bag. :p

Kidding. Maybe.

Looks like we're going to have a good crowd. I'll contact the lanes early next week and set it up.

11. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Robert and I will try to be there. He won't know if he has to work that night until later in the week. I have only been cosmic bowling once and it was fun. Everyone should try to find something fluorescent or white to wear so it shows up really good! (I used to have a fluorscent orange t-shirt that said CHOOSE LIFE) I admit it, I'm a child of the 80's!!!

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'll go ahead and put the two of you in the count, Kelly. It's always better to reserve for too many than too few.

13. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    Something white? Hmmmm, Trooper armor is white. [face_thinking]

Chuck

14. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    OK! If you wear that and can bowl, I will be impressed! Everybody bring their camera's. I'm sure there will be lots of photo ops!!

15. TK_1427

Oct 12, 2003
    I would love to wear it, but I doubt I can finish it in time. If I have it done I'll wear it at least for a few frames. I know I can bowl with the armor on, but I'm not sure I can with the helmet on. We may find out.

Chuck

16. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    I'm gonna try to make it. It'll be interesting to see if I can bowl the same style I did last year, if you can call it style at all.

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I haven't seen anyone bowl over-handed since Animal from the Muppet Show! Hope you can make it, Dale.

18. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Ok! I'll be there, along with Ash, plus another SW fan friend who'd like to see what it's all about :)

19. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    A helmet with the blast shield down wouldn't hurt my game! Actually, NOT being able to see the pins might help...

20. Obi_J_Kenobi

Nov 15, 2002
    lol I know what you mean Lin. Grace and I need bumpers to bowl...no Zen Mediatation or Force push for me..

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I think I'll just take a trusty blaster with me. I might actually be able to pick off the pins with that.

22. Obi_J_Kenobi

Nov 15, 2002
    looks like I might get there late....I'll be in class all freakin day from the EMT stuff...plus IV certification. *Shakes head* my brians gonna go on overload...someone help me!!! Plus I'm having trouble with "Meter and Dosage...and Pharmacology.."

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Here's the lowdown for tomorrow night-

The cost is $12 per person for 2 hours of bowling. Shoes are included in the price.

They don't take reservations before the day you intend to bowl without a 50% deposit. We're probably going to want to get at least three lanes, but four would be even better, especially since we're expecting 22 people. If I can, I'll try to go to the lanes earlier to make the reservation, but I can't make any promises. I was told that we should be OK if we get there at 8:30, which might work out better because then we could break up into groups and request lanes, and then holler "put them next to us" to the folks behind the counter.

24. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Anybody meeting early to grab a bite to eat or we just gonna all meet at the lanes?

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    We're planning on just meeting at the lanes. It would probably be too much of a hassle for 24 people to try to get a table somewhere.

Looking forward to tomorrow night, y'all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.