main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Rewrites - - (humor)-My first fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by george_starwars, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    These are rewrites of scenes in the Star Wars Saga. Funny rewrites I might add. Please PLEASE PLEASE give me feed back.

Scene 1...Well, it was so bad, I decided to take it out and rewrite my Rewrite! I am so glad poeple commented on it.

[Edit: Locking this because I've rewritten it]

2. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    O.K. I know! The humor is really bland (and stupid), but that's all I could think of right now. It will get better, I promis you.

[Edit: I removed the scene, so pretend you havn't seen it yet!]

3. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Please understand everyone (is anyone here) that I was sitting at the computer, logged on to the JC when the idea hit me. I did this with no planning, just what came to my head. Next time I will do more planning...I hope!

[Edti: Disregard this post! It hasn't come out yet.]

4. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    I'm gonna up this till somebody comments on it! UP UP UP UP UP UP UP

5. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Hi George!

*ahem*

*shuffle*

Umm...that was...sort of eh...interesting-hehe...umm....

Maybe a little tip.

Don't try writing pure humour until you have practiced writing a lot. When you get better at writing, then you can write a story with humour in it, like the one that I'm posting on with Ani and Nat. But pure humour is ex-treeeemly hard to write and it needs a lot of practice. If you have never written before, then try starting with a description of something. Take a scene from a movie or even an EU event and just describe things that you might not have noticed in the movie-the characters feelings and stuff like that. This will give you a good feel about how characters think, which is basically the key to writing a good story. You have some....unique ideas here, but they just need some more developing. ;)

Bellyup knows all....

6. Isildur_42

Isildur_42 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    Pretty good idea, but like belly said, you just need practice, I can't say I am a great author, but you will get better after the first couple stories.

And if nobody replies, write it anyways, but don't post it, they don't deserve to read it if they won't.

My suggestion for humor, is start the scene off slower, make it more like the movie, and then after a little while have the emperor turn around in his chair and be wearing the clown outfit. It's more funy when it's surprising. And when vader ignites his lightsaber, have it not work, so he has to beat the emp with a balloon sword(always funny). All you really need is filler material to go in beween the punchlines, that way it's more a story than just a series of humorous events.

~Isildur

PS: Keep writing, you have great ideas, but you need work on your writing style. The best advice I can give you, is find another author you like, and have him/her teach you more about writing. It can work wonders on your style.

7. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Thank you soooo much. :D I like criticizem! I helps me. Both of you are very right. The more I thought about it, the more I relized that. :)

8. Master_Ari

Master_Ari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    I agree with the above. And post the story if you want reviews. (I came to read teh story, but there is nothing here.) I'd give you more advice, but I don't usually write humor, and when I do, it's more witty humor, not always glaringly obvious, which is what I think you are going for. If you want, I can help you beta before you post. I'm not the best for the job but you would get a second opinion...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.