main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index The Rexoka Index/Discussion - New Topic: How did you get into Rexoka?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Rexoka_Index, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Right, sorry. :oops: I like writing Friendship more, because I like it more. And I find it a bit easier.

2. BloodRaven77

BloodRaven77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 2005
    I would love to read a well written romance fic about the two of them post Clone Wars where Ahsoka is an adult...Where the focus isn't on smex, or who loves who more but an actual friendship that grows and develops into some thing more in time...

3. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    I agree, Raven, a relationship based on respect and admiration - they're both warriors, they know the battlefield. They share the same ideals. They're already friends - it would definitely be nice to read one where they're older, and you can see how their relationship slowly turns from friendship into love.

Great, now I have another plot bunny. :_|:p

4. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Have to say I can't take it up. Characterization = [face_beatup] for me.

Anyway, on topic...

I have to say I DO agree with that idea, Raven.

Slightly off-topic rant follows...

Really, I think the biggest flaw in romance stories is that sometimes the romantic relationships don't start out from friendships, but more randomly. Also, I find it annoying (EXTREMELY annoying) when the story focus is, like, smut (Good thing smut is, like, a violation of the rules). [/endrant]

On topic...

Really, I think I'm gonna have to try writing friendship Rexoka. Even though my charecterization sucks.

5. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    I like the fics that show thier friendship first that grows into a romance.

6. BloodRaven77

Dec 19, 2005
    Is it alright if I linked a Rexoka doodle here? Its more a friendship doodle but can be regarded as a Rexoka doodle if you squint ^^;

7. KotORBF2Female_Revan

Feb 21, 2009
    Yeah sure I guess...

8. BloodRaven77

Dec 19, 2005
  9. Rexoka_Index

Rexoka_Index Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2009
    Hello! We have a new topic here!

Topic is:

How did you get into Rexoka?

Discuss. :)

10. BloodRaven77

Dec 19, 2005
    For me it started after reading a fic that someone recommended to me. It basically was about Rex's death and Ahsoke honouring hs memory. Both were adults when they realized their affections and such and the way she wrote it just struck a chord with me. IT wasn't all about smex, or passion play rather about how they were friends and how from that friendship their relationship grew. It was really well done and I'm sorry to say I can't think of its title or the author anymore =/ But if I find it again i'll be sure to link it here =D

11. re_ka2107

re_ka2107 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2009
    What kinda question is that? It's like asking how'd you get ito Star Wars? (I don't know that one), but ANYWAY I saw who was writing 'No Prisoners,' and I read the summary. The book is by Karen Traviss, who got me into clone/Jedi pairings with Dar and Etain. And then I saw 'Mystery of 1,000 Moons,' which is still a fave. and the 'Storm Over Ryltoth' came out whichwas reall cute when they were arguing like an old married couple [face_love]

12. KotORBF2Female_Revan

Feb 21, 2009
    I got into it when I saw that one moment in 1,000 Moons...ever since then I've been a slightly "rabid fangirl".

13. Takianna

Takianna Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    Well I got into it because I was the only person in my RPG who knew a thing about clones and was willing to write about them. It evolved from there and I've worked on and am working on several friendship pieces. Although my defining moment was writing with another author Last Stand about Rex and someone else. Sorry off topic.

14. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Well, I liked their relationship from the start of the Clone Wars, but it was actually Revan who really inspired me to become a full on Rexoka fan, particularly when writing "Irony." :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.