main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Rey Parentage Thread (with new poll; see notes on page 2447)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by poundpuppy29, Dec 20, 2015.

?

Rey is?

Poll closed Dec 25, 2017.
  1. Luke Skywalker's daughter

28.4%
  2. Han and Leia Solo's daughter

11.2%
  3. A Kenobi

11.6%
  4. A Palpatine

6.7%
  5. A clone (of who?)

0.7%
  6. Unrelated to any characters we know

34.7%
  7. Related to someone else we know (state who)

3.4%
  8. Other

3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    MingLives - I believe PH said that Leia and Han weren't with other people before TFA. That one is out.

2. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I don’t expect such opinions to be voiced here, much.

Reddit, tho....

3. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    If people want to avoid spoilers they will find a way.

4. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    WHA?! Oh, they'll be voiced.

5. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    *TO THE THREAD AT LARGE*:

To those who will claim they were lied to/etc if their favored theory ends up not to be true, SPEAK NOW or FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE!

Rogue Seven, 2Cleva and Satipo like this.
  6. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    My plan to avoid any spoilers is to go and hide on a remote island and put my computer in "deep sleep mode" so no one can find out where I am. That should prevent anyone spoiling my peace.

IncessantRamblings and oncafar like this.
  7. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    They won't admit it now because at this point, they're right and everyone else is wrong*.

*applies to all preferences.

Rogue Seven, D'an and JoJoPenelli like this.
  8. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    I don't have a plan to avoid spoilers. I have no will power.

9. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017

Unfortantely, I think only one "camp" will believe they were lied to, teased, and that Rian, JJ, StoryGroup and such lied to them.

oncafar me neither I'm ready either way.

Rogue Seven, jaqen and Myself656 like this.
  10. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I will not feel lied to at all if Rey's family turns out to be random and/or dark side.

And I don't think anyone should feel lied to. They've done what they can to dispel belief in Reywalker and Rey Solo without giving away the story, imo.

11. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    And will you feel lied to if Rey ends up being related?

Satipo likes this.
  12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Why bother with the mystery if her parents are people we've never met before or heard of, ZZZZZZ? I have no reason to give a crap about them, I have no connection to them, so why not just clarify right away that she isn't related (but still preserve the mystery of what became of them)? There's no reason not to.

"Oh hey, we made you wait for years to find out, she's related to no one you've heard of before and don't care about, wasn't that worth it?" And it'd be even worse if they're already dead.

"Rey Random" is far less appealing imo because of the mystery. And it would make TFA feel far weaker as a film as a consequence.

13. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, come on - that's exactly what I'm getting at. If Rey is related, there will be some who feel they were lied to.

Rogue Seven and jaqen like this.
  14. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    If Rey is unrelated than obv I was wrong and I’ll rewatch TFA with a new perspective.

15. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I won't be burning down any Jedi temples with a posse of dark knights, but yup. I'd feel misled. And pretty damn confused. Every statement from LF on Rey's origins has been effectively pointing away from Rey Related, imo.

16. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I appreciate your honesty.

And if Rey ends up being related and you voice that opinion, I for one won’t ding you for it.

What Girl, Jedi Jessy and Satipo like this.
  17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    On the flipside I won't be happy if she's unrelated but I won't feel lied to. If we had a scene in TFA where Rey straight up said that she's a Skywalker and then TLJ reveals that she was lying about that then yeah I'd feel lied to. Since that didn't happen I'll merely feel bummed out if she's not a Skywalker. :(

18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I think there is some cause for "they lied" with Rey Related, if only because there have been several comments - like JJ's commentary - that directly suggest otherwise. But then I would also say, that other people have noted the potential for wriggle room with some of these statements, or pointed out that Daisy was compartmentalising (I'm not sure she is in the way people say, but if I'm wrong, I'm wrong).

Likewise, the people who would feel we were promised a Skywalker lead - if she's unrelated, I kind of sympathise, but also think that others would have presented arguments for why that might not be happening. I mean, pretty much every argument has been presented at some point. If I'm wrong about the Solos, I'll suck it up and hope they've pulled off a blinder. If they have, I'll be happy to have been wrong.

Myself656 likes this.
  19. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    I believe in Rey Random but any other option will be...... great too (even if c3po is the father).

ps: I'll read spoilers because I need to know if Luke ate or not a Porg. The suspense is killing me

20. LastJediKnight

LastJediKnight Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Which is why I don't plan on being here until after I've watched it :>. Consider it a self-imposed like 2-week ban as reviews start percolating out with leaks. Its one of those things where everything that has been said, will have been said... and its just a matter of waiting for the release.

Exactly which comments were those? I'm sure Magnar has them on speed dial.

21. LastJediKnight

LastJediKnight Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    Oops. Wrong Key... DP.

fuhry likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Before we get rid of the hideous beast this thread has become...

[​IMG]

Let us mourn the wonderful thread it once was...

[​IMG]

Oh wait... I forgot it always sucked. All right then let's get on with it...

[​IMG]

And with that our long nightmare is over. Congrats, you've all played a huge part in making it the worst thread on the forum. Goodbye thread... we won't miss you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.