main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RJ Trilogy The Rian Johnson Trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabr Saab

Gabr Saab Jedi Knight

Jun 1, 2017
    It's a series of articles written by a handful of the Founding Fathers of the United States to support the ratification of the Constitution. Previously the country had operated under the Articles of Confederation until its weaknesses became too apparent. The ratification of the Constitution led to a largely different form of government that evolved into the current United States federal government.

In the new EU the Old Republic and Galactic Republic were two separate governments, the former of which collapsed following a Sith-Jedi war 1,000 years before A New Hope. Basically I'm being facetious and jumping to conclusions based on minor details like any good Star Wars speculator.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    DarthRosie likes this.
  2. hermiona52

hermiona52 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2017
    I was thinking even more about RJ trilogy and I hope more and more it's going to be Force level crazy. Like Mortis level crazy. Regular people to hero is good for a one movie, one stand alone. But a whole trilogy? I can get this kind of stuff in any sci-fi movie or franchise. What makes Star Wars special for me, it's the Force. So it's no surprise, that my favourite story from The Clone Wars is (mentioned before) Mortis. I think I read somewhere that Filoni and Johnson really got along with each other, that they were often in long discussions about SW. And we know Filoni likes to get crazy with the Force.

In the recent mid season 4 Rebels trailer, we will see again something about Mortis. And all od this stuff about the Daughter, Son, Father and Balance between all of this plays perfectly well with what Rian presented in TLJ about the Force. So this all makes me wonder what kind of amazing and mindblowing Force stuff could Rian come up with, without restriction of time and history.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am sure there will be some great force stuff in the movie, but if it will be the main focus remains to be scene.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  4. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Seemed to be about what I saw from a cursory evaluation of their stories; alot of really good rumors mixed in with some straight crap. I was the former that made me pay any mind to this at all, but the craziness of the proposed story line made me believe it was likely crap.

5. Base Delta Zombie

Base Delta Zombie Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2015
    Also the fact that the story has not even been nailed down yet also, leads to this being BS.

6. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I think probably most rumors that we will hear that revolve around the Vong we can probably assume is likely fake.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I will not be trusting any rumors or spoilers for a good year still.

8. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Definitely. It is probably pointless to even look at rumors about this trilogy before they even announce who the actors are going to be.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh, but speculation will surely run rampant. It is Star Wars after all.

10. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    Oh, the rampant speculation was the only reason I posted the video....I mean, it's as pinned down as anything anyone else has either. It's really just speculation.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It's going to be a fun year or so.

12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything official on this until next year.

13. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I guess we could start by consulting the ancient Jedi texts, since we know that Rian takes inspiration from them.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah, Legends you'll never find a collection of books more varied or bizarre.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  15. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I bet we won't hear much about Rian's trilogy until the next Celebration, which I think is 2019.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep next one is in 2019. We do not know where though.

17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think we might get a release date sometime next year, but I don't think we'll start to get any information about the characters or plot until 2020 at the earliest, and that's if the first movie comes out by 2021. Which, granted, it probably will, given that it was announced last year.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I still think that announcement was super early.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  19. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    I would love to see an animated spin off in some form. That would be amazing.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    An animated Star Wars movie that was actually meant to be a movie would be great.

redxavier likes this.
  21. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I think we'll at least find out when the trilogy is set

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    When do you think we will learn that? Next year or this year?

23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Next year at the earliest, but probably later. I know a lot of fans are predominately curious about that aspect, but Johnson has said the “when” is one of the more uninteresting things about it to him.

24. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    At celebration next year

25. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Yep which is exactly in line with how he went about TLJ - if it didn’t serve the immediate story it wasn’t included. This gives me hope that we don’t actually know when the trilogy is set and being so far removed from the saga we are left to speculate till the end of days as to where in the timeline it actually occurs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.