main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon The Ring 2: Filming in Astoria, OR!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Angel5000, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    So maybe this is stupid, but is anyone else excited the filming is being done right now in Astoria?

Maybe I'm the only one though because I live here, but still - its exciting for me. THis makes the # of movies in Astoria at least 5. :)

Goonies
    Free Willy
    Kindergarten Cop
    Short Circuit

and now Ring 2.

Just thought I'd make a thread about it since no one else had yet. :)

2. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I thought you said you lived in La Grande ("during the school year"). Do you live in Astoria during the Summers?

La Grande to Astoria, and back again ????
    What a culture shock.

3. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Heh, that's pretty nifty. Not that I'm going to see The Ring 2 (or the first one, for that matter.) Guess Hollywood just really likes that part of the Oregon Coast. Has a very nice feel to it, both dramatically and cinematically. Plus since it's overcast more often than not, it's really easy to get the right film exposure ;)

Cheers,
    -Derycke

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Wasn't the last one filmed in the Puget sound? Hmm.

5. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    I do live in La Grande during the school year. My permanent residence is in Warrenton (about 15 - 20 mins from Astoria), but I attend Eastern Oregon University in La Grande when school is in session. :) It isn't so much culture shock as it is defiantely weather difference!

I'm not sure where the first one was filmed, I usually don't pay attention to where films are done, except when they're in my hometown or something.

6. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I think it is cool that a movie is being filmed in Astoria. I can see someone being excited about it if they have never experienced the thrill of major Hollywood actors shooting a film in their town. I've had it happen twice in my lifetime in my hometown of Oregon City: Homer & Eddie, starring James Belushi and Whoopie Goldberg, and The Hunted, starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio Del Toro... Oh, I just remembered another one: Bandits, starring Bruce Willis and Billy Bob Thornton.

7. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Is it really bad that until a few weeks ago I'd never known that there WAS an Oregon City, and I've lived in OR my whole life?

ERROR: OPPM :mad:

8. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Oregon City was the Capital of the State until they moved it down to Salem. It was also the Official ?end? of the Oregon Trail.

9. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    P.S. They moved the Capital down to Salem, not Oregon City. [face_laugh]

10. Angel5000

Jun 6, 2001
    Oh! Yeah I knew that. I remember that from when I used to play Oregon Trail as a kid.

That ^ sounded really pathetic. LoL :p

11. PappyCat

PappyCat Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2004
    Bandits was partially filmed (and I mean like 10 seconds of the movie) in Silverton. We were eating lunch there one day and saw them filming it. BRUCE WILLIS WAVED TO ME!

12. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I for one throughly enjoyed the first Ring, I just hope they don't screw up the sequel. Anytime you have a sequel to something that is very original like this, they don't usually come out to well. I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed....you should try and get cast as an extra!

13. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    the ring sucked. i hated it. a horrible film. the way the woman and her kid lived was so ****in cheesy.

on another note, wasn't homeward bound filmed in oregon? i don't think it was astoria, but i'm just wondering.

14. DarkForcewielder

DarkForcewielder Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2004
    i have a friend who is an extra in the ring 2

15. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.