The Rise and Fall of IEFF

Discussion in 'Inland Empire CA' started by Cara_Undercover_Jedi, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    It is interesting to note that at the peak of the IEFF (Mid 2008-mid 2009) it was almost literally overflowing with members, both regularly-posting and regularly-attending meetings.

It is also interesting to note that membership has shrunk since July 2009, as have regular posters. At present there seem to be about....six. If the current trend continues, the IEFF may fail completely within the next year.

Sadly, this group of once-friendly and once-easygoing pals was converted into a 'business' that slowly reels the unsuspecting victim in just in time for the dictator- oh, sorry. 'Leader'- to show their true colors. Their motto? "Being a leader means everyone is wrong and you are always right. Apologies? What's that?"

The Inland Empire Fan Force has become the Inland Empire Fake Farce- a group of people who are either afraid to oppose the Chancellor, do not know him yet, or have become of the same mind. Perhaps they should just drop the 'I' and 'FF' and just leave it as The Empire.

The majority of people are likely to disagree. That is expected, however I know I am not alone in some, if not all of these feelings posted above. Moderators, if you feel there is anything abusive, profane, obscene, or anything else against the posting guidelines, then by all means, do what you wish, with my apologies.
  2. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Everyone is welcome to their opinion. :D
  3. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    I don't think the group is going down. Not as long as there are people willing to stay, bring their best and remember why we're here: because we love Star Wars, we want to have fun and because we can use the group to give back to the community.

People still love Star Wars and if people still want to join the group then I'll do my best to make sure there is a group for them to join.

I'm sorry if people feel like the group has moved away from being like a family, but I still feel like it is. I love the people who are here now and I love the people who have left. I miss them and if they want to come back, then I will greet them like the long lost friend they are.

I just wanted to share my opinion that I still love this group and the crazy, wonderful, complicated people in it.
    [face_love]
  4. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    ever since becoming a member in April I have been very happy here and I don't think people are losing interest in the group I think and a possible chance it's the economy.. It hit the wife and I pretty hard but we are making ends meet and I look forward to the next group meeting or hang out.

maybe we should do a beach day or picnic something easy where everyone can get together and share some stories?
  5. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Good point Jesse...and we are always so glad to have you and Natalie at events and super appreciate your participation. It has been outstanding. Of course we know people come to what they can and we miss our members that are not able to attend.

Great suggestion on the beach idea. We were actually just talking about planning that.
    And actually, group participation is better than it's ever been. No worries.

Thank you also, Nikol! Totally agree. Our memebers are quite aware of how great the group is growing. We are definately an awesome family and always have much fun and laughs...just look at our pictures! Yay for the IEFF! We rock! [face_dancing]
  6. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Duly noted. An interesting and encouraging response. It's good to see the IEFF is doing better than it appears. Hopefully, the only way to go now is up.

Thank you for your time.
  7. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    Can I get all the current members of the IEFF to please stand up and put up your fingers of one hand up.
    how many of us are there really? let's see accounting to my memory at the last meeting there were 10 active members present and a few who were with us only in the force, so i don't understand who has chirped that false number in your ear.

This group is the best it has ever been and most of that is due to our great leader who sacrifices so much of his time during the week day in and day out week in and week out to give us the best group ever.

everything that has changed over the last 2 years or so we have all fully voted on.

so what I want to do now is Invite you to re-join the IEFF for you have been away for a long time and I think things and people have miss lead you to thinking of this so called fall that for the active members we laugh at because it simply isn't true. don't take my word for it don't take anyones word for it join us and make up your own mind, we Miss you and welcome you back and hope you will re-join the IEFF and see it truly is better than ever before because of all the active members but more so because of our great leader.
    and scene.

P.S. I am totaly down with changing the name of thge group to just "The Empire" that was an awesome ideal thanks.
  8. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    WOW...awesome post Ronnie. You should get IEFF member of the month! Thanks for your kind words and support. The IEFF has never been better and Sheila and I are looking forward to many more adventures with all of you! IEFF RULES! Oh yeah I like Empire as well.
  9. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Or a tattoo with IEFF?? My friend does tattoos, he is in hesperia lol how about a tattoo party that would be cool in some sort of way?
  10. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm in an IEFF tat would be A-W-S-O-M-E-!!!
  11. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    let me know i can make it happen
  12. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, what can I say? Happily, I underestimated the number of members. I stand corrected.

As to re-joining, that remains up in the air. Most of my friends are gone already and I can't blame them. Everyone has lives, and being part of a club like this demands a lot of rescources and time to keep going. I do have a lot of good memories regarding the IEFF, but the fact remains that the club as a whole is far different than it is when it started. Some might say 'better', but...

Hmmm, so you actually want to re-name it The Empire? "You journey towards the Dark Side will be complete." Creepy.
  13. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    Hmmm, so you actually want to re-name it The Empire? "You journey towards the Dark Side will be complete." Creepy.

It's Ronnie. You can't always take what he says seriously.
    We're the type of people who have an offbeat sense of humor and we'll typically try to use humor to downplay things. That's how we roll in The Empire! What! [face_peace]
  14. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    We should have Mel Gibson join the group "WHAT" lol
  15. DarthMalum Jedi Master

star 2
    Well then I have to just ask if your lives are to busy for a group of this great caliber then why the post? I mean really we have no drama in his group but a whole lot of outsiders (Only outsiders by their own choice) are trying to bring the drama into this group it is only making us stronger so again I invite you to Join The Empire fan force and see what it is really about. other wise please keep the drama out of this group. and yes that means all the drama I hear about it from the other groups as well. not any one person and not you just saying to all who read this we are a DRAMA FREE GROUP i know it is rare but if you want to roll with The Empire that's how you are gonna have to roll.
  16. HanChewie Jedi Master

star 4
    i would definately agree that we are a drama free group and i have enjoyed every moment with the IEFF. Iam shocked at why some people would have any problems with this group. oh and chrissy is down with the tat party and calling the group the Empire, wooo hooo lol
  17. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    A tat party sounds great lol and I like the new name
  18. jedi_onasi Jedi Master

star 3
    I will come to the tat party. Just don't expect me to get a tattoo. 8-}
    I don't like needles. [face_sick]
  19. LordMarduk Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Ok you can use the rub on one's lol
  20. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Simply a comment on how worried I was about the future of the IEFF. My biggest question is, if nothing is wrong, then why have so many people left? [face_worried] Not just anyone, either- these were active, enthusiastic members at one point.
  21. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Thank you Carrie for finally getting to your point rather than continually bashing our fine group. Nobody is required to be a member here as we are all here by our own wanting. Sometimes people move on including active members as you say. People leave for many reasons. If you want to know why the members that you're curious about in regards to them leaving, simply go back through the posts from those members and you'll clearly see why.

In the future please simply ask your questions rather than assuming and putting our fine group down.
  22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    'Continually bashing our fine group'?

o_O

I rest my case.

Bye, guys.
  23. pilot_darklight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just gonna throw this out there: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Myspace, Photobucket. Only 2 out of the five of those existed two years ago, and one was barely functioning. I think this group has done nothing but move forward over this past year (I can only speak for what I have been a part of). As far as the rise and fall, I do believe the group fell. The group fell hard due to outside influences that brought nothing but trouble and drama. But we members who planted our feet in the ground, stood by our group and wouldn't let it die. So through the ashes of the old group (excuse the cheesy phoenix metaphor) we dug out a more organized, well banded, openly communicating MEGA-GROUP! A group that has allowed itself to reach new heights, and achieve some new goals that will lead us into a brighter tomorrow. Some of us cannot come out every event or meeting due to circumstances (i.e. $/time) but that in no way makes us a lesser member. If anything it makes our time spent at the events we can come to, even more special because it helps reignite the flame of loyalty we have for each other. Now can we please all GET BACK TO THE CHOPPA!!!!
  24. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4

Wow...way to go Sandy! You and your family are always welcome to anything we do. Way to stand up and support your IEFF!
  25. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    Doug, this is why your our VP, couldn't of said this any better. Sheila and I are so very proud to be members with all of you in this crazy Star Wars universe. My goal for this group as its always been is to make it a little better by giving you more to be proud of and wanting to be a part of something special. THE IEFF "EMPIRE" ROCKS!!!

I do believe feelings on this subject have been expressed and its time to move on to more exciting things like our BEACH TRIP! [face_dancing]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.