main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Rise of Palpatine - Palpatine, original characters, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku, Maul

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediStretch, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStretch

JediStretch Jedi Master star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    Very little is known about Palpatine's past, so I decided to try and write a story about it. This is just the introduction to the story. Hopefully I can get the first chapter written soon that will talk about his early childhood.

?One day, I will be the most powerful man in the galaxy.?
    Palpatine ? Age 10

?The Republic will be re-organized into the FIRST GALACTIC EMPIRE?for a safe and secure?.society.? Supreme Chancellor Palpatine utters these words as he talks to the great Galactic Senate of the Republic. The Jedi rebellion had been thwarted, at great personal cost. Four Jedi Masters; Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tiin, had entered the private chamber in his office to arrest him and take control of the Republic. He managed to kill them all, but not before Mace Windu had disfigured his face, turning him into a wrinkled, ugly sight to behold. The rest of his body was deformed as well, turned his skin a wrinkled, grey. To ensure swift action, he was re-organizing the Republic, becoming Emperor Palpatine. Even as he spoke, Jedi across the galaxy were being killed by the clones they had once commanded thanks to Order 66. He now wore a hooded cowl over his head to hide most of his appearance from the Senate.

His initial announcement of the Jedi Rebellion had been quite a shock to the Senate, most of them being supportive of the Jedi, although their confidence in the so-called guardians of peace and justice had been waning. Yet as he played his audio recording evidence of the Jedi assassination attempt, he could feel the mood in the room change. The Jedi had gone from heroes, to villains. The Senate would agree to their downfall. It all went according to plan.

His announcement in the Senate had garnered thunderous applause. He extended his arms up and out to welcome the celebration. He noticed, however, that some did not share the enthusiasm of the majority. He would have to watch them in the coming days. This moment, however, was not going to be interrupted by anything. This was the moment he had been preparing for most of his life. This is what he was born for. He was now the most powerful man in the galaxy in all ways.

This man was no ordinary man though. He was a cunning politician. Palpatine had meticulously worked his way from humble senator of Naboo to Chancellor, and now Emperor. He was also very well rounded in his knowledge of different cultures and philosophies. That however, is not what really set him apart. Palpatine had defeated the four Jedi Masters because he had a hidden weapon, a crimson lighsaber, hidden in the sleeve of his garment. You see, he was a Sith Lord. His hidden identity was Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith. He was the Master of previous Dark Lord Darth Tyranus, also known as Count Dooku, and before him, Darth Maul, a fearsome Zabrak, native to Iridonia, but now some clan lived on Dathomir.

The audio recording he used as evidence before the Senate had been altered so make him look like the victim and didn?t include any sound of his own lightsaber. He had used the Force to activate, pause and later altered the recording of the battle.

As the applause went on, Darth Sidious reflected on the last couple hours. He had thoroughly enjoyed killing the Jedi Masters. A millennium of planning on the part of the Sith had culminated in these moments. At last, the Jedi were getting what they deserved. He was particularly proud of his part, for he was certain that it was his cunning alone that had brought about the final downfall of the Jedi. True, the Sith before him had laid groundwork, but it was his manipulations that had put him into this position and had given the Sith ultimate victory over the Jedi.

His only regret was not being able to kill that green mutant Yoda personally. Yoda?s sad devotion to the platitudes of the Jedi caused him no end of aggravation over the last couple decades. He had kept Sidious? plan from moving along as fast as he would have wanted. He decided that it was a worthwhile p

2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Interesting. I look forward to more.

3. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Getting into Palpatine's head is always scary. :D Looking forward to the story of his origins, and I love the planet Naboo! Great start.

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This should be very interesting. Looking forward to see how it develops.

5. JediStretch

Dec 21, 2004
    Thanks for the encouragement. A little hung up on his origin, but I'll hammer that out and hopefully have a portion ready by the end of next week.

6. JediStretch

Dec 21, 2004
    I have the main plot ideas of the first chapter written, now I want to go back and do some filling in and embellishment. Hope to have it up by mid week or so.

7. DarthCambius

DarthCambius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2007
    I like the way this has started. Please put me on a PM list for updates.

Thanks!

8. JediStretch

Dec 21, 2004
    I hope this goes well. Changes might be made as I re read later before adding to the story, but here is the first chapter.

Sasha Gorn stood in her bedroom in tears. How could her life get any worse? Her life had been a series of mistakes one right after another. She had been born to a Dathomir Nightsister. She was trained in the ways of the Nightsisters, but ultimately her conscience got the better of her and she refused to perform a task given her by the clan mother. She fled the planet aboard a rare ship that came to that part of the planet. She used her talents to hide aboard the ship until it landed on Coruscant. Once there, she used what she had been taught to hide her presence in the Force. She had no desire to be discovered by the Jedi, even though she fled the Nightsisters.

While she waited for news of a cheap transport to another world she had a one night stand with a gentleman who believed her to be a harlot. She was a beautiful woman after all, deep blue eyes and blonde hair. She wasn't going to refuse what he paid her. It would come in handy in beginning her new life.

The following day though, she felt the stirring of new life within her womb. She tried to track down the man and had no luck finding him. She remembered that he had red hair and grey eyes. When she put in an inquiry to his identity, there were millions of returns to her query. Frustrated she gave up hope and hopped on the first transport to her destination, the planet of Naboo, where she settled in one of the poorer regions of Keren. She had her hopes set on eventually living in Theed, but that seemed like light years from where she ever saw herself.

The next few months were hard, bouncing from job to job. Her pregnancy was torture. Everyday she was sick and had to leave the job early often resulting in her being fired after only a couple weeks. She was barely able to get by.

One day she was told about someone in the business of charity. She decided to look into it. The woman she talked to seemed very nice and understanding of her situation so she took out a loan to help make life more comfortable. Little did she know that it was a loan shark with ties to Black Sun. In the fine print that she didn't bother to read was the fact that anything and everything of value could be confiscated to repay the loan if she went into default.

Life seemed to get better after the birth of her son, Dantius. He had a full head of red hair and his eyes were a piercing blue. Strangely she felt like he was looking into her soul when he gazed up at her. With her pregnancy complete she was finally able to hold a consistent job as a waitress in a cafe. She didn't make a lot, but enough to make her payments and save a few credits in an emergency fund.

When Dantius reached about a year and a half, he started to display his connection to the Force. She knew it was hopeless. She wouldn't be able to explain it to the sitter for much longer. She quit her job and started living on the meager amount she had saved up. Money soon ran low and she wasn't able to make her payments. She tried to contact the loan office, but every time she tried to com them it was either busy or they were closed.

At age 3 Dantius really started to use his powers in the Force to get things he wanted. No matter how much she tried to put things out of his reach, he'd manage to call them to his hands with the Force. She knew that with her limited knowledge in the ways of the Nightsisters she wouldn't be able to handle him much longer. There was also the fact that she had recently re-read her loan contract and found the fine print. She knew that they would come soon because she had run out of money 3 months prior to Dantius' third birthday.

She was right, a knock came on her shanty door and she opened it.

"Sasha Gorn?" Said the man standing there.

"Yes?"

"I'm Joe and I'm here to assess your possessions for repayment of your loan."

When Joe barged in he found Dantius and walked over. Sasha screamed and begged for Joe not to hurt him. Dantius, seeing

9. DarthCambius

DarthCambius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2007
    Palpatine is the result of his mother selling herself? Excellent...explains so much.

And Master and apprentice meet for the first time....

keep it up!

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    What a precocious little boy, no wonder he grew up to be a powerful Sith.

Good job!

11. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Scary.... this is not a cute little 5-year-old boy. Shivery creepy. Can see why he ended up as Palpatine!

12. JediStretch

Dec 21, 2004
    I'm glad you're all enjoying it. It will be about 2 weeks before I can get to the next chapter. I'm dealing with something in real life, but we'll soon see how the meeting of Palps and Plagueis goes.

13. JediStretch

Dec 21, 2004
    I have begun work on the next section of the story. Hopefully I'll have it up by the end of next week. It will talk about why that figure was there to begin with.

14. JediStretch

Dec 21, 2004
    I'm not done with the chapter yet, but I said I'd have something by the end of the week so I'll give ya what I have so far and keep plugging away.

A lone figure stood in the quarters provided for him by the inn. Lush gardens stood before him outside his patio. A distant waterfall thundered sound all the way to his keen ears. A cool breeze floated flower petals past his face as he stood there. This was a beautiful planet, peaceful and serene. Even the architecture spoke to the beauty of the planet. Naboo, paradise to some, was where Lan Olaf stayed these days. He was here on business, which dragged on and on. He wished he could just get it over with and go back home.

Lan was beginning to hate this place. It was paradise to some but to him it was a reminder of all that he hated, peace and beauty. The Muun had uses for such things, but he hated being surrounded by it constantly. He preferred his quiet sanctum on Muunalist. It was there that he did his best work. He could focus on expanding his knowledge and power by his quiet study, study of himself and the Force. Lan Olaf was his public name. In private, he was Darth Plagueis, Dark Lord of the Sith.

Following the proud tradition started by Darth Bane a millenium ago, the Sith had continued the tradition of only two members at any time. One Master to embody the power, and an apprentice to crave that power and learn from the Master. When the apprentice felt they had learned all they could from their master, they would kill them and thereby take the mantle of Dark Lord for themself.

Plagueis had done that only weeks before. He had continually devoted himself to studying the Force and how it worked within him. He felt very little need to study how the Force bound the galaxy together, because he had a grand goal. He wished to ultimately make himself immortal by making the Force sustain his body forever. He had unlocked great power with his internal study and examination, but that ability continued to elude him.

His master, Darth Hingor, took pride in the ability of his apprentice. He had applauded the ability to heal his body, despite using the dark side energies to do it. How he did it was a mystery, because it had been believed that only Jedi, using the light side of the Force could heal. He had asked Plagueis a few times to heal his own aging body, for Hingor was just over a century old. However, the last time he made this request Plagueis had made his move and attacked Hingor, and he found that his own powers failed him. The attack was so sudden Hingor could only use the Force to defend himself, since he kept his lightsaber with his gear in the next room during their healing sessions. His aging body and the surprise of the attack prevented him from doing little more than a standard Sith Lightning attack that Plagueis absorbed with his lightsaber while he choked his master with the Force. A few ripples of his master's attack passed his lightsaber and burned his arm, but that was nothing he couldn't fix during is internal examinations.

Now he was almost good as new and was awaiting news that his contact had arrived and was ready to meet him. He had been looking for ancient Sith manuscripts and holocrons to study immortality. It had long been passed down that there was a method to become immortal and Plagueis was obsessed with finding it.

Something else kept him here while he waited. He kept feeling subtle disturbances nearby in the Force, disturbances that were clearly dark in nature. He had to know what was going on. There were only supposed to be 2 Sith at any one time, and he was sure that he was the only apprentice his master had taken. Still there was that nagging doubt. The darkness and power of the disturbance was so palpable at times that he felt it was coming from across the room.

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very interesting to see some of Plagueis' background and motivation.

16. TraderWatto

TraderWatto Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2011
    It's always interesting to read about Palpatine's childhood and life story: every author has, sometimes, a completely different vision of it. I liked your one. Keep writing, please!

17. chameleon_irony

chameleon_irony Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2011
    I like this story very much - it's really in character.

Interesting that his mother was born a Nightsister.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.