main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The rise of the occult, discussing paganism and its many branches.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Katana_Geldar, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Nope, that's being a smartarse.

2. The_Fireman

The_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    My friend, it already has. And guess what: it isn't our fault. :) Fancy that.

I suppose it's ok the bring Christianity up as long as it is an atheist or Pagan or alien or Bill Clinton doing the talking, and particularly when they are bashing it. Well, that doesn't fly. Sorry.

3. Qui-Rune

Qui-Rune Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Keep a leash on the other atheists. As long as others bring it up, I will be here to defend.

I merely made a comment in defense of Paganism by a Christian.
    Anyway,

Agreed this is a Pagan thread and should be utilized as such.

4. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    See sig for details.

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    this thread is about paganism. i understand that you want to defend christianity, but i think you would find it offensive if you started a thread and they posted about paganism in it. they obviously don't want to hear about it, you're better off talking to someone who does.

6. The_Fireman

Jul 8, 2001

Yes, but you did it in such a way as to arouse discussion over it. You started it. :)

Anyway, I apologize about the leash comment, that was more an attempt at a wake up call for FID than a slam on you. My point is that if Christianity is brought up, I will defend against the negative comments and correct the misinterpreted or misrepresented comments. If others don't like it, they can remember that the next time they want to bring it up themselves.

7. The_Fireman

Jul 8, 2001

Yes, but you did it in such a way as to arouse discussion over it. You started it. :)

Anyway, I apologize about the leash comment, that was more an attempt at a wake up call for FID than a slam on you. My point is that if Christianity is brought up, I will defend against the negative comments and correct the misinterpreted or misrepresented comments. If others don't like it, they can remember that the next time they want to bring it up themselves.

8. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001

Wake up call? [face_laugh] That's great! You should be a comedian...on second thought...no you shouldn't.

9. The_Fireman

Jul 8, 2001
    Same to you, FID. Your ignorance of the other side starting this whole thing but attacking me for defending is quite ironic and amusing.

10. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    FID, there ya go doin' your condescending again. I can't believe you actually lectured me about this in another thread. :rolleyes:

11. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    ok, you guys are just going to keep going back and forth, because obviously they don't care what anyone else has to say. so why don't you just drop it, and move on?

12. The_Fireman

Jul 8, 2001
    As far as I'm concerned, it's over. But I anticipate another mention of Christianity, and you better believe I'll be there when it happens.

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    es, but you did it in such a way as to arouse discussion over it. You started it.

"You started it"?

What elementary school classroom has this turned into?

Goodness.

From what I can tell, discussion in this thread is meant to focus on paganism and related issues. If it involves Christianity, it ought to truthfully represent it, rather than relying on stereotypes and generalizations. That's how misunderstandings and animosity is bred.

14. The_Fireman

Jul 8, 2001
    It is merely a statement of fact. You don't have to like it.

15. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    What I don't understand is why Christians have a high hatred towards other religions. Automatically its like if you say you don't believe in God then you are condemed to hell (which I don't believe in).

Before I discovered the Wiccan path, I was taught that Christians accepted others. But it wasn't until I was forced into Bible study classes where I began to see the truth that if you weren't a Christian then you were considered evil. Which is another part of the reason I started to question the faith because say you know a person really well and they wouldn't do anything bad, they wouldn't even harm a fly and then all of a sudden you find out that they have no belief in the Christian faith, that doesn't make them a bad person does it? NO IT DOESN'T!!!

This country is based on freedom. Weather it be freedom of speech or freedom of religion. There is no mention in the Declaration of Independence that says you must believe in the Christian God. I don't understand why people just can't see that. Just because the Pledge of Alligence says, "One nation, under god." Doesn't mean anything. Because I think that that statement can mean any number of Gods. It could mean the Christian God, it could mean Allah (from the Islamic faith), it could mean the God/dess (from the Pagan faiths), or any others. If it were talking about the Christian God then shouldn't it say, "One nation, under the Christian God." ?

Why can't people understand? If I remember correctly, in the past didn't Pagans and Christians used to live in peace with one another?

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    What I don't understand is why Christians have a high hatred towards other religions. Automatically its like if you say you don't believe in God then you are condemed to hell (which I don't believe in).

Okay, here's a generalization that often isn't true to reality.

Christians don't have a "high hatred" toward other religions, and I don't think Christians hate pagans. Hate's an awfully strong word to use. "Dislike" might apply sometimes, but even that's a generalization.

Rather, I think "fear" or "misunderstand" could be used most accurately, as Christians often lack a working knowledge of other religions, including paganism.

17. Letalis

Letalis Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    Don't say Christians are small minded because of one angry christian's comments. I don't tolerate other religions that are false. Don't say I'm small minded because I have studied most religions.

18. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Don't say Christians are small minded because of one angry christian's comments. I don't tolerate other religions that are false.

Okay you see, that part right there is what gets to me. Saying other religions are false. How does anyone know if there are religions that are false? Nobody has ever met god on a personal level or even seen him for that matter. How do we know there even is a God? I know its all in good faith but even I don't understand faith at times.

19. Letalis

Letalis Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    I know that other religions are false, because I have proven it. Like I said, I have studied most religions and I have found most to be false.

20. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    This isn't a thread to debate what religion(s) are true or false. Anyone who decides to continue down that off-topic discussion will face my banstick.

Kimball Kinnison

21. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Because I think that that statement can mean any number of Gods.

Heres the thing Jaggy, what if you believe in no god? ;) Things can get tricky there eh?

-P!-

22. Odins_Ravens

Odins_Ravens Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2004
    This thread isnt for discussing paganism, read back. Discussion only really occurs during arguments. There's very little inter-pagan religious-based conversation.

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    The title of the thread says "discussing paganism". While it shouldn't be a thread for Christian-bashing, it also shouldn't be a thread for Christians to convert people of other religions or to tell them that their religions are "wrong".

24. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    this is the THIRD time that this has happened in my thread. :mad:(thanks KK for the input to keep the flames down, again) sorry if this is creating probs

this is for discussion of paganism, not for promoting or bashing chrisitianity. As i have said, there are plenty of Christian threads and if you don't like it in this thread, don;t come in it's as simple as that.

i created this thread so the pagans on the JC could talk and others who wished to know about paganism could ask questions. for some reason, i don;t know why, this has errsupted into another flame war.

if you want to debate whether your religion is right or wrong, fine, but don't do it here please! if you wish to make bad points about something, please don't be as blunt about it as some people are, give reasons. logical ones if you can.

remember: belief and faith is a personal thing, someone can ask you to beleive something but it all boils down to your own interpretation of it.

Bright Blessings

On a related note i have exams soon and will not be around until july. i wish all the pagans the blessings of the sabbat and hope everyone else has a good time and eats pineapples ;)

25. Psychotic_Sith

Psychotic_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Christians don't have a "high hatred" toward other religions, and I don't think Christians hate pagans. Hate's an awfully strong word to use. "Dislike" might apply sometimes, but even that's a generalization.

Yes, they do. See here- http://www.geocities.com/iconoclastes.geo/victims.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.