main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Rise of the Sith Empire-Episode II: Knightfall. Post-NJO, Ben Skywalker. Epilogue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briman, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Well, next chapter here. Big, big, very big stuff happening in this post. I hope you all like it, and just know that the epilogue will shine some light on the entire situation in case you have a hard time understanding what exactly happened.

Enjoy...

Chapter Sixteen: Sacrifice

It happened so suddenly that time seemed to hesitate, Luke raised his hand and the torrent of hissing lightning cried out in protest, for the power of the Force came like a whirlwind into the dark chamber overlooking Coruscant below. The lightning stopped in mid-flight when it reached his palm, hissing louder as all it?s energy gathered into a sphere of glowing blue, with Luke?s fingers slowly curling around the glowing energy rendered useless against him.

Deivious snarled as his lightsaber leapt into his hand where he ignited the crimson blade, his eyes continued to watch through narrowed slits as the Jedi Master?s hand balled into a fist and the energy died within his hand, singe-handedly un-creating the Dark Side.

There was silence, but it broke quickly.

Luke leapt into the air, becoming merely a blur of motion as his lightsaber hurled into his hand and he ignited the sun-yellow blade as he flipped. Deivious raised his own humming saber in anticipation, his eyes now wide in shock of the power he felt emitting for the Jedi he knew only through his actions in prior years before this encounter.

He landed and suddenly, time seemed to move too swiftly. Luke swiped and Deivious parried both sun-yellow and crimson clashed and the two Masters of the Force peered at one another through the light cast over them by their glowing blades.

Deivious grinned, vile and conniving.

?What chance do you have, Skywalker,? he spat.

Luke recoiled swiftly and returned, his flow of motion coming quicker then before. He lunged, the Sith Lord intercepted the sun-yellow saber and drove it out wide before cutting down overhead, his vicious strike clashed loudly as Luke raised his blade and parried.

?You will suffer the same fate as them,? Deivious snarled, glancing to where the two figures in the distance rested, one of them lay motionless and the other bending over him, tears dripping down onto the black leathery tunic and dark attire. Luke was far too concentrated to pay his taunting words any heed, their blades hissed and cried out loudly.

?You are nothing!? Deivious cried as he spun away from the two clashing blades and swiped low, the two blades set into furious motion.

Luke parried low and cut across, their blades clashed before he spun and lunged, twirling his sun-yellow saber before he drove it in. Again, crimson intercepted the attack and forcefully waved it aside, leaving Luke stepping back as Deivious slashed viciously and swiped, sending a barrage of lightning-quick attacks at the Jedi Master.

With every parry, Luke fell deeper into the Force, and as he parried high and spun backwards to intercept another slashing cut by the crimson lightsaber, he felt confident, almost at ease now. The Force flowed through him and around him, and with his strongest ally coming to his aide, there seemed nothing in all the galaxy he could not accomplish.

Suddenly, Deivious slashed.

Luke intercepted the slashing crimson blade with his own, his scowl deepened into further concentration, and he suddenly motioned both their blades low to the floor before he spun inside and swiped across, sun-yellow and crimson clashed with a blinding light as expected before the Jedi Master parried overhead and drove a kick into the Sith Lord?s chest.

Deivious staggered back, feeling the first pain during any of battle.

?You will pay for that, Skywalker!? he spat.

?We?ll see,? Luke replied coolly.

The tone of his voice set Deivious into a furious charge, Luke merely stood at the ready with his glowing blade raised high in defense. The two met in a clash of swiping and parrying sabers, Deivious lunged and spun, whipping his crimson blade around and swiping as he comple

2. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    I may like angst... but killing off Luke? That just makes me mad!

3. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Sorry, Jaina...Are you really that mad... :(

4. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I expected Luke to die...well I guess he isn't really dead. Some of his life force is in Ben. Plus that voice must of known what it was talking about. The question is..was it ANakin or Obi-wan?

5. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    All will be revealed in good time. Anyways, I seems that I didn't do all that great with the Luke/Deivious battle after all I guess. I just hope it didn't disappoint?

6. Hyperflash

Hyperflash Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    No, you didn't dissapoint at all Briman. I thought it was great how Devious was able to destroy Lukes lightsaber with the darkside, but how Luke was able to repel the same darkside lightning. It showed how powerful Luke really was.

I'm a little bit confused though. Did Devious die and his body disappear, or was he able to physically sort of teleport himself somewhere else so that he didn't die? Maybe I'll have to go read that part again.

It does make me sad that Luke died, but I'm sure he will talk to some of his descendants in the next book.

I wonder when we will see more of Darth Teridul. He kind of became a minor character as this book has progressed. I'm guessing the next book will be focused on him, but I guess only Briman knows.

7. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Thanks a lot, Hyperflash!

Yeah, Deivious died but as all the great wielders of the Force was able to retain his bodily image in the Force so that he can become a ghost guy. Anyways, Darth Teridul did sort of slip out of the main story, but there is much more to come with him and stuff, although it won't be for a bit because after this book I'm launching the second trilogy where everything that happens in book 3 of this trilogy is sort of legendry stuff.

Now that Luke's death is out there, I can now safely safe that the epilogue will be Luke talking to Anakin Skywalker and probably Yoda about the whole Force Prophecy and what is happening with that, because that is what the next trilogy is about.

In the next trilogy, characters like Luke, Anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan, and Ben will make appearances as Force-ghosts in certain parts.

8. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Wha...? Did you just kill Luke and Jacen?!

9. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    I killed Luke, but Jacen is totally fine.

10. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Musta misread it. You're still going to get it for that one. :p

11. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Ouch, Flowerbee! :p

12. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    You are no match for the power of an angry Ballet dancer. [face_plain] :p

13. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    You got that right... :D

Angry? Why so angry? It wouldn't happen to do with anything I did now would it?

14. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Here is a bit of information that I'm going to share with everyone. The idea of Luke giving his life for Ben was not my idea at all, it was JediMaster_Jen who came up with the great idea.

I want to thank her for allowing me to use that idea in my story.

Thank you very much!

JediMaster_Jen... =D=

15. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    It's kinda late, but what the hey! Here's chapter seventeen, the last chapter in this book. It will leave you guys kinda hangin though, sorry about that. But the epilogue will be very, very interesting, so I hope you can bear with me here. This chapter is shorter then the others, but I think it gives the impression that the book is over just the same.

I hope you all enjoyed the second book.

Enjoy...

Chapter Seventeen: Anew War Begins

With a faint groan, Jacen opened his eyes and found himself laying across the floor over the main-bridge, his shoulder ached so badly that he didn?t have to look to know that it was badly broken. A bloody gash over his left eye made it hard to see, and he wondered just then if he was actually fortunate that he had survived the crash with only these injures to speak of. He blinked away the grogginess and realized for the first time that the sound of battle was not faint, but loud. The roar of battle boomed inside the chamber and immediately he reached his feet, barely able to get there without putting pressure against the broken bone in his shoulder.

When he reached his feet, he found Kyle laying on his stomach, completely unconscious. And Uric lay in a bloody heap across the room.

Jacen trudged over to the broken windowpane slowly, one hand clutching his shoulder that hung limp at his side as he walked across the bridge and started carefully up the steps. His head throbbed painfully and it did not help that when he reached the windowpane his eyes found the source of the noise that now thundered within the vast room.

The sight made his tired eyes widen in terror, he could not have ever imagined such a thing.

The ground-level of Coruscant, beneath the dark night sky, was covered in the glow of lightsabers. Below some two-hundred feet from where the main-bridge of the General?s Fist was crashed anew battle had broke out, and now Jedi battled Jedi in a spectacle that stole Jacen?s breath. Lightsabers clashed against lightsabers, Jedi attacked viciously against other Jedi and the battle stretched onwards, in between the lower-levels of the cityscapes and in the streets.

There were hundreds of them, Jedi against Jedi and the Force against the Force, it was terrifying to witness and even more frightening to be apart of. Those loyal to the Order and those now serving the Empire now fight against one another in a war that seems too deep and powerful to dare imagine; there would be no dawn after this dark day.

Behind him, Kyle gave a low groan as he began to wake up.

?This is horrible,? Jacen whispered.

Overhead, Imperial Fighters and Jedi Assault-Cruisers filled the sky, interlocked within a deadly battle against one another?s forces. And thousands of feet below that, the bright blue-white and emerald blades merged into one as the two Jedi Armies clashed against one another.

Kyle trudged up the stairs and took up a position beside the younger man, nursing what appeared to be a broken hand and a bleeding wound across his thigh. His eyes found the same sight, and he too looked down upon the war in stark terror.

?It?s not supposed to be this way,? Kyle said, the sorrow in the usually firm voice drew a solemn glance from the man standing beside him.

Jacen shook his head. ?It?s not supposed to be this way at all.?

For a long time the two Jedi watched the battle, mesmerized and frightened as the Jedi tore into the ranks of other Jedi and fiercely and viciously struck them down. There were no words to describe the sound of a sea of glowing lightsabers clashing and striking the edges of others, the sound was truly horrible and made one want to cringe away in fear.

?A war between Jedi?? Kyle whispered, as if he did not believe the notion.

And as Jacen Solo watched the endless waves of Jedi Soldiers meet in a long and fierce battle, lightsabers impaling and then leaving to seek another kill, it became clear that the Dark Lord of the Sith and the Dark Side had won the last war.

16. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    This epilouge of yours must be a shocker. :p

But, a good chappy.

17. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Thus ends this book, hope you all enjoyed reading it, and I hope you will come back to read the second trilogy which starts pretty soon. Anyways, hope you like the epilogue.

Enjoy...

Epilogue: The Prophecy

Deep in the dark space, the remote planet of Dagobah glows with the faint radiance of life, a planet covered in swamp terrain and forest engulfed in mist. Here the presence of the Force has grown strong, a dark cave inhabited by the Dark Side rests there as well, a cave that has the power to make one confront their worst fears, a true trial if there ever was one. On this remote planet, the spirits of Jedi long gone have walked, and now, the planet once again plays host to them.

From the misty-forest, two transparent glowing figures emerged, both clad in flowing robes over their faintly glowing blue figures. They strode along the curves bordering the forest and the swamp with a gait that implied that they had all the time in the world, and their profound words made the sound of the wildlife seem so faint.

Anakin Skywalker, a man in his early twenties, strode beside his son along the swamp, long shoulder-length hair and handsome features with broad-shoulders, he looked so much like his grandson that it was rather strange. And beside him, Luke walked along, his hands clasped behind his back and his scowl one of extreme contemplation.

?These are dark-times,? Anakin lamented, although he appeared much younger then the man walking beside him, in truth, he was far older and had grown wise through his years of living amongst the Force, what trace of arrogance or lack of knowledge that may have once gleamed within those blue eyes of his had been replaced with wisdom and a deep and profound understanding of himself. Anakin turned a solemn glance at his son.

?This conflict between the Jedi and Sith will last many years.? he continued.

Luke sighed heavily as the two left the swamp behind in their tracks, moving toward the vast forest covered in a low mist in the distance. As they walked, he tried to foretell the future but found only darkness, the Dark Side was strong again and now clouded his vision. The Sith had truly returned now, and Deivious would ensure that their numbers swelled so that he could finally destroy the Jedi and reign supreme over the galaxy for all time.

?I don?t understand,? Luke said, shaking his head in confusion.

Anakin and Luke stopped and shared a long look at one another.

?Jacen told me everything that happened on Pyrid,? Luke began, staring at his father. ?Ben should have died that day when he fell, how did he survive??

?It was the will of the Force that saved him that day,? Anakin replied. He started walking ahead and Luke fell into step beside him again. ?For years now the Force has been in conflict with itself, two sides that embody the galaxy?s emotions at war since the dawn of time. Even I don?t understand it all, but I do know that this war has just begun.?

Luke shook his head again. ?But what does this have to do with my son??

Anakin was quick to answer. ?The Force, since my birth, has bestowed upon the line of Skywalkers a power that is not given to any other of the Jedi since. We have been chosen to carry out the bidding of the Force, we are the soldiers who must fight this war against the Dark Side. No matter how many there may be in the future, any who have the blood of a Skywalker will be destined to carry out the will of the Force in till this war is ended.?

The two continued onwards in silence, Anakin looked truly at peace as he watched the dark scenery around him, but Luke looked truly unsettled.

?Ben has some vital role to play before his end,? Anakin explained, he crossed his arms over his broad chest and glanced at his son. ?That is why he did not die when he fell, and that is why I told you to save him after his battle with Deivious.?

It all made sense, and yet even still it was confusing. But suddenly, Luke got the impression that this matter was not for them to fully understa

18. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Now that, was good! :D This was a wonderful story, I enjoyed it very much. On to the second trilogy!!

19. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Glad you liked it, Flowerbee. I'm beginning to wonder if you're the last of my readers on earth here, haven't heard from anyone in a bit. Anyways, glad you enjoyed it.

20. Darth_Titen

Darth_Titen Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2004
    very good!!!!!! nice little setup

21. Darth_Titen

Darth_Titen Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2004
    what kind of time frame on the next book?

22. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    I know...all my readers went bye bye. It's probably just the holidays, I wouldn't worry until New Years! :p

23. Kar_Rostu

Kar_Rostu Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2004
    I'm still here! Kinda. Pretty busy with the upcoming holidays though. Woah, nice finishing to a great story. Keep up the great work, but don't feel to pressured!

24. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Darth Titan: Thanks, I appreciate it a lot! Yeah, that epilogue is just a big setup for the prolouge of the second trilogy, you'll see when you read the first couple of chapters. The next book takes place two-hundred years after this one, and the Jedi and Sith are at war, and I mean WAR! It is going to be great!

Flowerbee: It's so lonely. Thanks for sticking around.

Kar Rostu: Thanks, I'll try and keep it up, hope you enjoy the next trilogy.

25. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    So I was right when I said Anakin and Obi-wan. Except it wasn't in a cantina,lol.

Great Book, can't wait for the third one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.