main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Library ~The Riverview Files~ Library Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by spycoder9, Nov 6, 2011.

1. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    "Welcome."

[image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PJ1w3RrzM0E/TaL-WMKQcNI/AAAAAAAACok/KyCP4qL-SfM/s1600/081028_library_books.jpg]

?This is the library of Riverview. Here you can find endless amounts of information on a variety of Riverview subjects. Insight on the citizens of this wonderful town. A little family history to please some of those hungry for gossip. And breaking developments on the latest happenings. So please, feel free to look around. Investigate. Read. And most of all. . .have fun. If you wish to play in the game, please PM me with an idea of character. We can work on weaving the character into the plot smoothly.

If you wish to check out the game thread, click here.

[i]I'd like to thank all of the players who have either added a special flare to a character, or who have created some really unique jems. Thanks to all of you for sticking with me so long, and I hope we can continue to move forward in the storyline, and hopefully many more.[/i] [face_hugs]

2. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Summary

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/darker_tides_part_2.jpg]

[i][b][u]~Season One - Murder~[/u][/b][/i]

[u][b]Storyline #1 - The Murder of Natalie Crane[/b][/u]

- [b]Episode One: Murder on the Rocks[/b]

Christopher Nichols goes out drinking with his brother-in-law, Dakota Casper, while Chris?s wife, Naomi, recovers from a party at work that got out of hand. Mordecai Casper has a strange dream about his granddaughter, Natalie Crane, even as she lies dead in the local park. Detectives Robert Long and Kareen Gillis discover her body in the creek?she appears to have been struck over the head, then drowned. Xander York, son of Riverview?s police chief Amy York and boyfriend of Natalie, purchases an engagement ring for his girlfriend, only to learn of her murder minutes after showing the ring to his mother.

- [b]Episode Two: Well-Kept Secrets[/b]

News of Natalie?s death breaks across the town, via television and radio bulletins. Naomi Nichols receives a call from her sister Susanna (Natalie?s mother) in New York, who tells her about a young boy she?s been caring for. Kareen and Robert search the site where Natalie?s body was found, but the only evidence they find is blood smeared on a park bench and in the bushes. They return to the police station, where they are soon joined by Amy and Xander, then various members of the Casper family. Among the first to arrive is Patrick Casper, with whom Kareen has a secret past. Kareen calls Mordecai Casper, telling him of Natalie?s murder, while Xander calls to inform Susanna. As the call ends, he hears a child?s voice on the other end of the line, referring to Natalie as ?Mommy.?

- [b]Episode Three: Revelations[/b]

Mordecai visits the scene where his granddaughter was killed, before calling in a private detective from New York. Chris and Naomi Nichols join the rest of their family at the police station. Kareen questions Natasha Casper, Natalie?s aunt, who reveals that Natalie had had a child. Natasha also tells Kareen that earlier that day, her mother Heather Casper gave Natalie a large amount of money. When Kareen interviews Heather, the woman refuses to say what the money was for, then reveals to Kareen her knowledge of Kareen?s previous affair with her son Patrick Casper, and the fact that she informed Patrick?s wife of the relationship. She threatens to make the affair public, if Kareen does not release her. Fearing the embarrassment, not to mention the negative impact such a scandal would have on the case, Kareen allows Heather to leave.

- [b]Episode Four: Better Dead Than Alive[/b]

Chris Nichols is questioned by detective Robert Long, and though he and Natalie had had an altercation a few days earlier, Chris lies, saying he had not seen Natalie recently. Robert takes Chris at his word, and releases him. He and Naomi go home, though Naomi is not questioned. Upon returning home, Chris receives a strange phone call, which he angrily cuts short, saying he?ll return the call the next day. Shortly after, he calls his sister, but that doesn?t go well, either.

Rattled by her disastrous interview with Heather Casper, Kareen takes a break from questioning family members and calls the medical examiner, Rachael Harp, to learn of her findings. Rachael has found something, but is afraid to talk over the phone, so Kareen goes to the coroner?s office. But just as Rachael is about to show Kareen what she has discovered, her computer explodes, killing her within minutes. Kareen is not hurt, but when Robert arrives, he tells her to leave?both fear that she might be implicated in the explosion, though she had nothing to do with it. Kareen returns to the station to put in her statement on the incident, but as she?s leaving to go home, she runs into Patrick Casper, her former lover. Each apologizes for the distress they have caused the other, but Kareen advises Patrick to stay away from her, more to keep Heather off her back than anything else.

Kareen then returns home, where she calls her mother Hannah in Portland to vent. Bu

3. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    [Reserved Space]

4. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    GM Controlled Characters
    Subject to change

[b]Robert Long[/b]
    [image=http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/daniel-dae-kim-lost-s6-320-2.jpg]
    - Moved to Riverview, Maine with help from [b]Heather Casper[/b]
    - Police Officer for [i]Riverview PD[/i]
    - Known in town as a womanizer
    - Police Partner of [b]Kareen Gillis[/b]

[b]Heather Casper[/b]
    [image=http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/blog.soapoperafan.com/2010/06/Eileen-Davidson.jpg]
    - Raised in Riverview, Maine
    - Married [b]Mordecai Casper[/b]
    - First Child [b]Natasha Casper[/b] Born with Mordecai
    - Second Child [b]Naomi Casper[/b] Born with Mordecai
    - Raised [b]Natalie Crane[/b]
    - Tortured by men paid by Mordecai

[b]Amy York[/b]
    [image=http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/images/bio/Kristian_Alfonso.jpg]
    - Raised in Riverview, Maine
    - Child [b]Xander York[/b] Born
    - Became Police Officer for [i]Riverview PD[/i]
    - Promoted to Chief of Riverview Police

[b]Natalie Crane[/b]
    [image=http://data.whicdn.com/images/8121275/tumblr_lido34Hfhf1qfjzigo1_500_thumb.png]
    - Born to [b]Susanna Crane[/b]
    - Raised by [b]Mordecai[/b] and [b]Heather Casper[/b]
    - Attended [i]Riverview High School[/i]
    - Dated [b]Xander York[/b]
    - Child [b]Alex Crane[/b] Born
    - Graduated from [i]NYU[/i] with a degree in Teaching
    - Became a teacher for [i]Riverview Elementary School[/i]
    - Murdered at [i]Riverview Park[/i]

5. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Family Trees

[b]Key[/b]
    - m. married
    - c. child
    - a. affair
    - red means deceased

[hr]

[b][i]The Casper Family[/i][/b]

[b]Mordecai Casper

m. [color=red]Elizabeth Bellomy Casper[/color]
    -c. [color=red]Renee Casper[/color]
    -c. [color=red]Charles Casper[/color]*

a. Rosa Gomez
    -c. Dakota Gomez
    --c. Lana Gomez
    --c. Dana Gomez

m. Meredith Armstrong Casper
    -c. Susanna Casper Crane
    --c. [color=red]Natalie Crane[/color]
    ---c. Alex Crane
    -c. Patrick Casper
    --c. Devon Casper

m. Heather Smith Casper
    -c. Natasha Casper
    -c. Naomi Casper Nichols[/b]

[i]*Charles is the second child of Mordecai and Elizabeth. He was the child destined to inherit the fortune, but he fell in love with Nigel Sylvester's daughter. Fate intervented and the two of them went off a cliff in their car.[/i]

[hr]

[i][b]The Sylvester Family[/b][/i]

[b]Nigel Sylvester

a. Ashley Wilks
    -c. [color=red]Rebecca Wilks[/color]*

m. Jessica Holland Sylvester
    -c. Deliah Sylvester David
    --c. Shawn David
    -c. Edward Sylvester

a. Gayle Holland
    -c. James Sylvester[/b]

[i]*Rebecca was Nigel's first child. She fell in love with Charles and was pregnant with his child when their car went off a cliff.[/i]

6. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Riverview, Maine

[image=http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Sections/Travel%20Section/______EDIT/___FUTURES/090617_favorite-beach-towns-Richard%20Cummins-CORBIS.grid-6x2.JPG]

[image=http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_38/1137173074Ivas07.jpg]

Riverview has always been labeled as the most beautiful town of Maine. With its flowing streams, bubbling brooks, and lush foliage, Riverview has a large variety of natural beauties. The town has two sides.

One side, resting on a hilly area, is where the main city is. People of great wealth naturally live on that side of town. On that side of the town also lies Casper Industries and Sylvester Incorporated. The lower side of town is in a deep bowl like area, which floods often. Poorer citizens live in there, along with some of the seedy places.

The whole town of Riverview rests amidst a forest, so it is largely surrounded by trees. On one side, though, is the coast. While its normally colder here, the coast is usually filled with people surfing and swimming.

Riverview has a variety of locations popular to residents and visitors. Some of them are listed below.

7. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Little Ester?s

[image=http://www.firehow.com/images/stories/frugal-at-expensive-restaurant.jpg]

A cute little restaurant that offers a lot in a tiny package. Named Riverview?s number one restaurant for the seventh year in a row, the owner, Ester, tries to make herself known to all of those who either live in town or are passing through. It has been updated to the upmost condition, with HD TVs, silk tablecloths, and elegant silverware. That, mixed with some of the most messy, southern foods known to man. The cooks include Ester and some young high school graduates who need a little help to afford their apartments. Overall, the cutesy shop lives up to its reputation.

8. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Reserved Space

9. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Reserved Space

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Posting this at spycoder's request:

Name: Christopher Nichols
    Appearance:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/HSolo29/darker_tides_RPG.jpg]
    additional image located here

Family:
    -Joseph Nichols (father)
    -Sandra Nichols (mother)
    -Christa Nichols (sister)

Biography: Chris was born into a wealthy family and grew up in the Hudson River Valley, just across the river from New York City, where his father, a successful businessman, worked everyday. However, all was not well. His father, always caught up in his work, had not been ready to settle down to have a family and resented the fact that he was now tied down by a son. As a result, his father took out a lot of his pent up frustration and resentment on Chris, often abusing the boy, both physically and verbally, as well as cutting him down emotionally and intellectually, despite Chris' natural affinity to learn and excel in school. His mother, meanwhile, stood by and simply watched it happen. Although she never said anything openly, she was scared stiff of her husband as well and Chris would later interpret this the wrong way - believing that she didn't care about him either, just like his father.

The rift between them increased with the birth of a second child, Christa, who the family absolutely adored. Christa quickly became the favorite and Chris felt even more lost and worthless than before. This behavior would carry over to school and to his friends, where he would crave for the attention he so desperately wanted from his parents. This resulted in fights on the schoolyard, detentions at school and other devilish acts that his parents would ultimately need to deal with and punish him for, making matters at home worse. This even translated into girl problems as he entered middle school and later, high school.

As they got older, Christa became aware of Chris' behavior and began to understand what was going on. She soon became the only outlet to which Chris could vent and really open up to. Despite the usual arguments, they became close and stuck by each other while their parents continued to neglect Chris and his accomplishments.

What surprised most was Chris' achievements during his high school years in between all the detentions and visits to the principal's office. He was a good student and excelled at most of his classes, achieving recognition on both the honor roll and honor society. Although he never played any sports, he was co-president of the science club and won various awards in several science competitions throughout his high school years.

When the time finally came to attend college, Chris jumped at the opportunity to finally get away from home. Given the choice of attending Columbia University and stay close to home or Cornell University up to the north, Chris chose the latter simply to move away. This would be the last time he would be at home with the only family member he stayed in contact with being Christa.

The college courses were a breeze for Chris and he soon graduated with a degree in biology with a concentration in genetics. Without many opportunities for lab work for kids fresh out of college, Chris opted to get his teaching certification and go from there until he could move onto bigger things. But a degree was not all he took away from his college experience. It was in college that he met his future wife, Naomi Casper. A science major herself, the two hit it off right away and dated all throughout their college years. It was only after graduation that Chris decided on a whim to move up to Naomi's home of Riverview, Maine.

Once arriving in Riverview, Chris got his first job at St. Charles University, where he mentored

11. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Posting at the request of and with approval from spycoder9

Click links to see images.

Name: Kareen Gillis
    Born and raised in Portland, Maine, currently lives in Riverview, Maine

Father: Daniel Gillis
    Born, raised and still living in Portland, Maine

Mother: Hannah Gillis
    Born in Oklahoma, raised in Georgia, currently lives in Portland, Maine

History:
    Daniel Gillis and Hannah Jensen met at the start of their freshman year of college at the University of Southern Maine, where Hannah majored in accounting and Daniel in criminal justice. A relationship developed over the next four years, and they married shortly after graduation. The newlyweds settled in Portland, where Daniel began a job as a K-9 officer for the police department, and Hannah found work at a local bank. Approximately four years into their marriage, their daughter Kareen was born. Daniel and Hannah proved to be devoted parents, and brought up their child in a peaceful, loving environment.

Though she was, and is, very much a ?mama?s girl,? Kareen took an early interest in her father?s line of work as a police officer. She excelled in her education, from primary school all the way through college, and graduated from her parents? alma mater, the University of Southern Maine, with a degree in criminal justice, just as Daniel had. Further following in her father?s footsteps, Kareen soon landed a rookie detective?s position with the Portland police department.

Prior to starting her new job, Kareen took a trip to the small resort town of Riverview, Maine, on the other end of the state. While there, the pretty redhead caught the eye of Patrick Casper, the son of local businessman and millionaire Mordecai Casper. Unknowing of his family?s influential status within the town?or of the fact that he was married, with a son, (Patrick concealed this from her)?Kareen returned his attentions, and even after she returned to Portland, the two kept in contact, and before long, Patrick began to visit her at her apartment.

Although Kareen believed herself in love with Patrick?and though he claimed to love her?the relationship was not completely without flaws. His busy schedule and the fact that he lived on the other side of the state from her limited the time they could spend together, and though she offered several times, Patrick refused to let her come visit him in Riverview, always insisting on his coming to her. Hannah and Daniel were quite curious about the man their daughter was dating, but every time Kareen tried to arrange a meet, Patrick was unable to visit. Though she began to take notice of this pattern, she gave it little thought, assuming that Patrick just didn?t feel ready for that relationship milestone.

Nonetheless, Kareen and Patrick continued seeing each other for more than three years?until Patrick?s wife, Katherine, learned of her husband?s infidelity. Her enraged phone call revealed Patrick?s deceit, and Kareen broke off the relationship.

Only three months after the break-up, budget cuts led to Kareen losing her job with Portland P.D., though Daniel, fortunately, was able to escape the lay-offs with his position still intact. Forces across the state were facing similar funding issues, and Kareen struggled to find a new job. Two months after being laid off, she finally found an opening?in Riverview, the hometown of her ex-lover. She took the position with a small degree of hesitation, and moved to Riverview. Unsure of who ?knew? and who ?didn?t know? about her and Patrick, Kareen was slow to make friends, and only tended to socialize with her fellow officers; she found herself most comfortable with her partner, Robert Long (odd, considering his bad rap with women around

12. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Name: Xander York
    Appearance:
    [image=http://soapsphere.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/darin_brooks.jpg]
    Additional images: Football Captain

Family:
    Father: Mystery
    Mother: Amy York
    Girlfriend/Fiancé: Natalie Crane
    Son?: Alex Crane

Biography: Xander is the son of the current Riverview Chief of Police, Amy York. He has no clue who his father is, and really has not cared. His mom had been the center of his universe from the time that he was born until his freshman year of high school. His mom raised him on her own and taught him the value of being self-reliant. Even when she was a patrol officer, when he got done with school he would hang out at the police station until his mom?s shift ended.

Since she did not want to expose him to the potentially psychologically damaging scenes and images that could happen in a police station, he would spend all of his time in the motor pool watching the mechanics working on the cruisers. From this experience grew his love of cars, working on them, and racing them. He convinced his mom to let him start racing on the US Kart Circuit at the age of 7 and continued to race in between school sessions during the summertime.

He was always one of the more popular kids in school playing football, basketball, and baseball when he was in junior high school. But unlike most of the boys in his grade, he did not pay much attention to the girls since he was constantly focused on his cars. However, when he reached high school, there was one girl who turned his head, Natalie Cane. She had not attended any Riverview Public School prior to High School so the first time he ever saw her was the first day of school.

The main focuses of his life became Natalie, Football, Natalie, Racing, Natalie, and working at his garage. He was able to start up his own business with some of his winnings from racing. Once High School was over he was accepted into St. Charles University and pursued a dual Bachelor?s Degree in Business and Automotive Engineering. He played for their football team?s practice squad, which was fine for him since he already had a lot of course work to focus on.

During his sophomore year, he and Natalie had a falling out and broke up. He ended up finding companionship in the arms of Amelia Rockford, a fellow student at St. Charles who had ties back to Riverview. Even though they were being intimate with each other that they were strictly in a casual relationship, no strings or expectations attached. He still loved Natalie and the two of them made amends before school ended for the summer.

Upon graduating, Xander and Natalie moved into an apartment together in Riverview. He was taking time off from the racing circuit so that he could focus on his Garage and proposing to Natalie. The night that Natalie was murdered Xander had gone to buy an engagement ring and went to go talk to his mom. Just after giving his mom the good news, she received a call that Natalie?s body had been found in the park.

The Yorks drove to the Riverview Police Station where Xander called Natalie?s mother to break the news to her. While on the phone he heard the voice of Alex Crane, Natalie?s son, in the background. This caused Xander to question his mother who revealed the next day the truth about Natalie leaving for New York and that she had had an affair at the same time. With his world crumbling before him Xander took his racecar out to the track and lost control.

Upon waking from a vision of Natalie confessing her indiscretion and informing him that Alex was his son, Xander found