main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Road Not Taken. Luke/Tionne. New post on 9/14/2009

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    I really enjoyed this chapter, even if it was a bit short. Just a brief question but did you ever play that Dark Forces 2 expansion pack where you get to play as Mara Jade? I heard it was great but I never go the chance to try it out. In any case, why'd Leia run off by herself (and the Techie)? I'm sure Kyle would of been glad to come along and show the baddies his definition anger management ;).

2. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Striker: *grin*

But if you end up with Mara/Lando... :mad:

Leia/Terpfen, on the other hand... it's like Ackbar/Winter without the blondeness. :p

- The Imperial Ewok

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great update. Striker... do you really think that two years post TLC would be too soon for L&M??? [face_laugh] Feels just right for me!!!! :) Love her talk with Leia. Everyone's very much in character. =D= =D=

4. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Poor Mara, she really was falling for Luke! So, I love the interjection of this line:

Maybe five or ten years down the road you two would get together, but now?? She shook her head. ?Right now, Tionne is here. Right now, they love each other.?

Maybe....;)

Yes, Kyle's reaction was understandable and a little military, he's learning to be a Jedi after all. Tionne was good in that scene.

Excellent canon winding with Leia running off to save Anakin! =D= I enjoyed this a lot, thanks for the PM.

5. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Another wonderful post!I can't wait to read more; you write an enthralling story :)

~Jen~

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    SSM12-Thanks. Kyle's just being Kyle, and being human. Glad you like Tionne there, too.

Stooky-Thanks. And no, I haven't. I heard it's good, too. There was only room for Leia and Terpfen, and I don't know what Terpfen would've done at the Academy. ;)

Thrawn-Aww, nothing wrong with Mara and Lando. ;) And Leia's got someone already. :p In all seriousness, though... I liked Winter/Ackbar.

Jade_eyes-Yes, too early! :p She wanted to kill him, after all. ANd glad you liked the talk. I figured Leia would pick up on something like that.

iamobiwan-Thanks. I thought that'd be necessary, you know? Mara seemed to tolerate Luke at the end of TLC, but not much else. Glad you liked Kyle and Leia going off, too.

BottledUp-Aww, thanks. Here's more now!

A semi-short post, but I wanted to get something up.

Here we go!

Luke turned back and looked up just as Keiran walked out. ?I?ve got-?

?Don?t say it,? Tionne teased, although her eyes betrayed the seriousness of the situation. She followed Luke?s eyes up to Keiran as he walked down. ?Oh, my. Keiran, what?s on your mind??

Keiran hesitated. ?Tionne, sorry but this is? I gotta talk to Luke alone, all right??

Tionne nodded before taking Jacen and Jaina?s hands. ?Come on, you two. Let?s go explore near the river, all right? Do you know how to swim? I can show?? Her voice trailed off as she took the children off, although her connection with Luke never wavered.

Luke turned back to Keiran, a sad expression on his face. ?Keiran, I?m not sure you?re ready to go off. Even with Exar Kun?s defeat, there?s still much for you to learn and do here. I don?t want anyone to get half an education, like I did.?

Keiran shook his head. ?Half an education in the Jedi, but a full education in real life.? He held up his hands to stop the protests he felt from Luke. ?Not to say your education?s been lacking. It?s just? I think it?s right for me to go off, now.?

?Please say goodbye to everyone first,? Luke said. ?I can sense I won?t be able to change your mind on this, unfortunately.?

Keiran?s lips curled slightly. ?Sometimes, you just gotta go out and see what you can do with what you?ve got, Luke. Leaving the nest and all those hoary clichés.? He chuckled. ?I?ll contact Booster Terrik tonight and have him pick me up. So don?t be alarmed when a star destroyer shows up in a few days, all right??

The Jedi Master?s eyes widened. ?A star destroyer??

Keiran?s green eyes twinkled. ?Oh, don?t worry. Wedge considers the guy the uncle he never had? for some reason.? He shrugged. ?It takes all kinds, I guess.?

That elicited a small laugh from Luke. ?It does indeed.? he sobered up. ?Be careful, Keiran. If you need help, I?ll be there for you,? he said, reaching out and patting his friend on the arm.?

?Thanks, Luke. May the Force be with you.?
    Two days later
    The Millennium Falcon touched down, engines wheezing slightly as they powered down. Luke?s eyes narrowed as he felt Kyp on board, a roiling bundle of emotions. He stepped forward as the main hatch slid open. ?Hello,? he said, his voice carrying.

Kyp stood there, Han and Chewie flanking him. His eyes were sunken in, bloodshot and wide. He looked older, but not wiser. ?H-hello, Master Skywalker,? he stuttered out, his tongue catching. Shame radiated off him, and Luke didn?t need the Force to feel it.

The other Jedi stood behind him, even Tionne. This was something he had to do alone, as the Master. His ice-blue eyes bore into Kyp as he walked down the ramp, Han and Chewie still flanking him. ?Hello, Kyp. I?m glad to see you?ve recovered somewhat from Exar Kun?s grip. Now perhaps we can continue your training.?

The shame in Kyp?s aura was replaced by confusion. Massive confusion. ?Continue my training?? he asked, his green eyes somehow widening even more. ?B-but after everything I?ve done. Kriff, I sent you into a coma!?

Luke nodded, his gaze never leaving Kyp. ?Yes, you made some mistakes. Some of them were pretty big, too. I won?t mince wor

7. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    *grins*

Good scene getting everyone back together, and good character-development, happiness and understanding and forgiveness, to set against that background... was that a hint of Mara/Kyp there at the end - she's working her way through the "K" Jedi in the hope of reaching "L"? o_O

... which explains "Lando" before "Luke", as well!! :p

Incidentally, Han's resignation wasn't accepted. Ackbar appointed him to Leia's staff as the "liason for domestic defence" - basically, house-husband, but retaining his security clearance so she could talk over what was going on in the higher levels of the NR with him.

Han's spent a long time pretending to have resigned. He keeps his uniform on the Falcon, and wears it when he thinks it'll help - meeting Pellaeon in Destiny's Way was the last time I can recall...

[face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved it!! Everyone's in character. You got Kyp just right. =D= SQUEE!! Over Kyp and Mara!! I'm reading a fic where they're together--and it really works!!!! :D [face_dancing] And in this setting, it works too. They can relate to each other and give each other acceptance and friendship... at first LOL!!! :)

9. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Have to agree with the two before me: Kyp and Mara: the unexplored ship that should have sailed! :D That was mighty compassionate of her to talk to him, and it sure makes sense given her own life and experience. I'm sure Kyle might come around too, but we all know Keiran won't.

Loved the Chewbacca moments! I liked him taking charge of the kids, really cute.

=D=

10. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    a great chapter, Loved the character interactions going on here.

11. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome chapter. I seriously expected Kyp going suicidal when he was alone though. Thats how bad he's gotten mentally now...

Update soon. Loved everything in this chapter.

12. Stookymalarkey

Apr 10, 2007
    Not a bad chapter but I felt that you rushed it abit. More descriptions of the scenes would of helped set the mood, like what Kyle and Kyp were doing when Chewie told Kyle to lay off him. Even so, I enjoyed it and I'm wondering were you're story is going to go after the JEdi Acadmey story arc is done.

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    *Sigh* Sorry about this. I had a major shift change at work for a month and a half, then my wisdom teeth out. I also started another fanfic called Vanpire Princess Miyu. So, here it is. A bit short, but a reminder that I'm still alive. ;)

Thrawn-Nope, no hope for her anymore of reaching that one 'L'. :) And thanks for that info, too. [face_peace] I'm gonna use it, here.

Jade_eyes-Glad I got Kyp right. Kyp/Mara? Ah... hmm, might be a good idea. [face_thinking] I legit didn't think of that pairing, just friendship and shared pain.

iamobiwan-I figured out of all those there, she'd be able to relate the most to him. Now, why wouldn't Keiran turn around? This is me writing him, after all. ;) And glad you liked Chewie, there.

Kidan-Thanks. :)That's one of the hardest things for me to get right, sometimes.

SSM12-No, but he was close. And thanks.

Stooky-Really? I'll try to keep that in mind. I'm not entirely sure where it's going, either. :p

Okay... who wants to see Mara/Kyp? Who wants to see them as simply friends? Show of hands, people?

Here we go!

Chapter Ten: Hello, Goodbye.
    Tionne woke early the next morning, feeling refreshed and energetic. She sought out Luke through the link they now shared and smiled as she sensed him waking up at about the same time. She quickly cleaned up and dressed in a rather practical pair of white pants and matching shirt, eschewing her normal silvery dress.

She made her way to the turbolifts at the end of the hallway and entered, taking it down to the cafeteria. She went over the list of supplies in her head and considered what to make for breakfast. Corellian? Nah, too spicy for this early in the morning? although Kirana Ti would like it. Hmm? Chandrilan would be a nice change of pace, and Luke?s never had it before.

The doors opened and she exited. Tionne?s brow wrinkled as she sensed Keiran already in the kitchen. She entered the large room just as he exited the kitchen, a tray of food in each hand. ?What are you doing?? she asked. ?I thought it was my turn to cook today.?

Keiran waited until he had set down the trays of food before allowing his concentration to switch from the food to Tionne. ?It?s a bit of a present,? he said. ?I figure since today?s my last day here, I should do something nice for you.? He finished arranging the plates and glasses before standing up straight and smiling. ?How does it look?? he asked, motioning to the well-prepared repast.

Tionne stood there in silence before numbly walking up to him. ?You?re leaving?? she asked. ?But why? There?s still so much for you to learn, Keiran. And we haven?t gotten any assignments yet?? Her voice softened and she frowned. ?But you have to go,? Tionne stated, picking up on his emotions.

Keiran nodded and sighed. ?Yeah, Tionne. I think it?s time for me to go out and find? what I need to find.?

The silver-haired Jedi wrapped her arms around her friend and hugged him. ?You be careful,? she said. ?And you come back, too.? Tionne waggled her finger at Keiran for emphasis, causing him to crack a grin. ?It?s not funny,? she huffed out, even as she sighed and smiled.

Luke walked into the cafeteria at that point and saw Tionne and Keiran standing together. ?So you finally told someone else, Keiran.? He patted the Corellian on the arm. ?I wish you?d stay a little bit longer, but ultimately, it?s your choice.?

Keiran sighed. ?Make it a little harder on me,? he mock-groaned. He looked to the side as others began walking in. Some were groggy, others wide and alert.

Brakiss and Dorsk sat down while Kyle and Kam stood, talking for a bit. Mara?s gaze flicked to the door every few seconds until Kyp walked in, keeping to himself. His head was low and his eyes still underscored by dark smudges.

Mara waved at him, but Kyp paid her no mind as he sat on the far end of the table. A scowl lit her features as she rose, walked over and grabbed him by t

14. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome chapter. I always DID wonder what was in Tionne's past...

15. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Interesting update: is Luke right? [face_mischief] Is Han? :p

And - which "L" won't Mara get here? Either? :p

- The Imperial Ewok

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tionne's talks with Han and with Luke were superb. =D= & hugs!!! This was and always will be worth the wait. :D

17. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    That was so good! Yes, worth the wait! =D= We never get to hear Tionne's side of things. She really is shrouded in mystry, how horrible it would be to know nothing of your past.

Luke's response to her was very loving and honest.

I thought this was particularly cute:

Han leaned back in his chair and shrugged. ?Well, I learned I can?t resign. If I did, Leia and I couldn?t discuss anything. So I got assigned as ?liaison for domestic defense?. In other words, house-husband.?

And Mara was nice to Kyp again. I love how you have portrayed him as a teen. He pouts, he eats a lot...etc..!

Corran was a nice touch too. I liked him in this scene!

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    SSM12-So do I, actually. A blank slate, there.

Thrawn-Both are right. ;) I'm still semi up in the air about Mara's love life... if she even has one here.

Jade_eyes-Thanks. Yeah, I figured Han would have a good insight into that.

iamobiwan-Yeah. She's gotta feel so alone. Glad you liked my Kyp and COrran. :)

My old PC crashed, otherwise this would've been up a month ago or so. *Sigh*

Here we go!

Mara waited in the center of the unofficial training field and waited. Kyp exited the Temple, but seemed to hesitate before walking down the steps and to the grassy field nestled between the landing field and the edge of the forest. ?Right on time,? she commented. ?Nice.?

Kyp hesitated before nodding. ?I didn?t want to? disappoint you,? he finally said. His eyes stayed lowered, the eyebrow ridges casting them in shadow.

Mara walked up to him, reached out and tilted his head up so they were looking into each other?s eyes. ?Hey, snap out of it!? she half-shouted, glowering slightly. ?I won?t have my student sinking into unnecessary depression!?

The younger man started slightly, his mouth opening for a moment before he spoke. ?What? Mara, I don?t want to be like this, but-?

She cut him off with a wave of her hand. ?Then don?t be like that, Kyp.? She grabbed arm with one hand and unclipped her lightsaber with the other. With one swift motion, she pressed it into the palm of his hand. ?Here. You?ll need this.?

Kyp?s hands trembled as he gripped the lightsaber. He kept his fingers as far away from the trigger as possible while still able to hold onto it. ?What am I supposed to do with this??

The corners of Mara?s mouth quirked upward slightly. ?You?re supposed to train with it, Kyp. You had a good start before Exar Kun. No need to toss it all away.? She stepped back, and held her arms out. ?Go on. Turn it on.?

A second later, a brilliant-blue plasma blade shot from the emitter. Kyp waved it around a bit, the pitch and hum changing with each swipe. ?Doesn?t feel too bad,? he muttered.

Mara walked over to his side and reached out, gently grabbing his wrists. ?Do it like this,? she said, maneuvering his arms about. ?There, that?s the proper way to hold it for basic use.? She slid her feet apart and bent her knees down. ?Now copy.?

Kyp looked her over and swallowed slightly before imitating her. Sweat broke out onto his brow, but he wasn?t sure from what? ?Like this??

Mara looked him over and nodded. ?Good. Now let?s get some basic lessons in.?

Kyp paused and looked at her. ?Where?d these ?lessons? come from?? he asked, suddenly wary.

The former Hand sighed. ?Some of them are from my days under Palpatine, yes. But that doesn?t detract from their usefulness. Vader knew how to handle a lightsaber, after all.? She suddenly held her hands up as she felt Kyp?s tension spike. ?And a lot of it?s from Luke?s lessons, too! They overlap a great deal, Kyp!?

Some of the tension in Kyp?s body left him and he relaxed ever so slightly. ?Okay,? he finally said. He looked himself over. ?Is this right??

Mara rubbed her chin as she looked the young man over. ?Technically, it?s flawless,? she commented. ?However, everyone eventually develops their own style. It?s why the pre-Purge Order tried to divvy it up into ?Forms?,? she said with distaste. ?Although trying to limit something like lightsaber combat in such a way is counterproductive in the least.?

Kyp swallowed. ?Master Skywalker feels they might have some merit. Well, last time I was paying him attention before??

Mara spoke up so Kyp didn?t have to go any further into his crimes. ?And they very may well, but I still disagree with them based on my personal style.? She flashed Kyp a toothy smile. ?So, let?s see what style you take to??

Luke took a sip of hot chocolate as he observed Mara and Kyp on the practice field from a room halfway up the Great Temple. ?He?s learning,? he commented. ?And I sense some of his anxiety is lessening. Still?? He turned to the two other occupants of the room. ?I th

19. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Excellent chapter. Love Kam waving his arms out, that was funny and Kyp's now Mara's apprentice. Nice.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. =D= Tionne teasing Kirana was too fun!!! Enjoyed Kyp working with Mara and the others through some of his issues. :) Cilghal's Acbkar's niece? Cool!! ;) Looking forward to the next installment!!

21. Feng_Huang

Feng_Huang Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    :eek: I had missed the last three chapters!!! I had quite a read. Kyle was great, though I think Kirana might be a little too much for him. Kyp... I'd like to kick him where it hurts, most of the time, though Mara was kind of cute cheering him up

22. Stookymalarkey

Apr 10, 2007
    Hey, good to see you updating this again. Guess you were able to pull yourself from one of your crossovers to focus on this one again. I feel that you have a good grasp of the characters and you managed to make them likable, even Brakiss and Kyp. Hope to see another post sometime soon.

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm, only took a month this time. ;)

SSM12-Thanks. And yeah, a good choice methinks.

Jade_eyes-lol, yeah. I figure those two would be like sisters by now. Yeah, I think this time Kyp needs someone to talk to, unlike in canon. Yup, Cilghal as his niece is actually canon.

Feng-LOL, it's cool. The updates are rare enough, after all. Kirana's too much for anyone. ;) I hope Kyp's somewhat sympathetic here for you.

Stooky-Oh, I'll keep plugging away here. Although when I'll stop is anyone's guess. LOL, even Kyp and Brakiss likable? Thanks!

October 17th was my birthday. I am now thirty years old. :) I had a good birthday, too.

Here we go!

Chapter Eleven: Bridging Gaps
    The next day
    Kam walked down the hallway to the Temple?s main artifact room. He already knew who was there, so he breathed in and out as he approached. The door slid open as he walked up to it. ?Tionne, I?? He trailed off as he saw her at the far end of the room, hovering over a holocron on a table. The older man walked over, eyes scrunched in confusion. ?What are you doing??

Tionne glanced up from her seat and over. ?Oh? hi.? She motioned to cube-shaped crystal in front of her. ?I?m trying to figure out how to make our own holocron.?

He looked down at it. ?This is the one with Master Vodo-Siosk Baas, right? Do you think it?d have that information?? He rubbed his stubble-coated chin. ?And why??

The silver-haired Jedi shook her head, frowning. ?Yes it is and I won?t know until I look into it. And why not? We?ll have to leave our own mark in Jedi history and lore, and these things are practically indestructible,? she added, rapping it with her knuckles.

The older man nodded, crossing his arms. ?A good idea, but that information?s been lost for millennia.?

Tionne shrugged. ?Well, I still wanna see what can be done before we give up on it. Think of what knowledge we can leave behind,? she finished, scratching her head. She suddenly locked eyes with Kam. ?Listen, about-?

?-I?m sorry,? Kam said, holding up his hand. ?I should?ve remembered about your memory problem, and mocking it was wrong of me. And? I?ve been a bit too hard on you these past few months,? he continued, extending his hand. ?You?re a true Jedi, Tionne.?

Tionne sniffled a bit and wiped her eyes before accepting Kam?s hand, pumping it twice. ?Thank you,? she whispered. She opened her mouth again, but hesitated before speaking again.

Kam?s brow wrinkled as he picked up on her feelings. ?Why?? he asked the unasked question. ?I grew up in the Clone Wars, Tionne. Only the strong survived, the ruthless and the ones willing to push the boundaries as far as possible. There were some exceptions, but for the most part?? His voice trailed off as his eyes took on a distant gaze, almost looking back into the past.

He suddenly blinked and shook his head. ?Sorry,? he murmured. He motioned to the holocron. ?It might be a good idea to call in the rest of us Jedi. We?ve all got skills we can contribute? I think.?

Tionne nodded and smiled. ?Excellent idea. And? apology accepted, Kam.? She glanced back at the holocron. ?I hope the information?s in this one,? she said before straightening up and looking at all the other holocrons in the room. ?Otherwise? it might take a while??
    Kirana poked at the holocron. ?Dorsk, what did you do on Khomm??

Dorsk?s yellow eyes blinked. ?I worked in the cloning center, Kirana. Why??

The Dathomirian warrior shrugged. ?Oh, nothing. I was just wondering if you might have any skills to help us sift through information quickly.? She crossed her arms and looked at all the crystal cubes and spheres on the various shelves. ?Tionne, how do you think we can accomplish such a task??

Mara waved her off from the side of the room. ?Oh, be quiet. This shouldn?t be too hard.? She walked a few paces forward and turned around, letting her gaze sweep across the shelves and their contents. A low whistle escaped her lips. ?I don?t think I realized how much info?s really here??

Kyle?

24. SuperSaiyaMan12

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome chapter. Can't wait for the next one.

25. Stookymalarkey

Apr 10, 2007
    Hey, an update. Nice way to celebrate your b-day, eh Striker? I thought it was interesting how they decided to put together one of those holocrons. Wonder why nobody thought to do that in a whole millenia. Pure laziness I suppose. Any thoughts on future plotlines or one-offs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.