main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Rocker Chair, compleate and reposted

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthBreezy, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Author's Note:

This peice was originally written back in September of last year and contains te passage that represents the "Official Nookie Limit" (hense my sig). It's mellowing here until I send it back to the uber scary Betas (whom I wouldn't send it to if I didn't love and trust them) to prepare to be resubmited to the archives one day. For those who are familiar with my other works (although you need not have read them to enjoy this story), the hiding place is the same as in "Deceptions" and the Rocker is indeed the one from "Come Undone"...

So here it is in it's entirety...

The Rocker Chair
    By Darth Breezy

Padmé sighed and rolled over to look at the chrono, and as soon as she realized what time it was she practically threw herself out of bed.

"Anakin!" she shouted from the bedroom. "Why on Coruscant did you turn off the alarm? You knew I had a meeting this morning!? Anakin wandered into the bedroom trying to look nonchalant, carrying a cup of sweet tea. He was dressed in his leggings and light shirt and seemed completely unperturbed by Padmé?s distress.

"You should go back to bed," he said gently. "You've been so unwell...and, well... there's the baby..." He almost choked on this last sentence, still trying to wrap his mind around the situation. She only had told him of the pregnancy a week ago and had fallen ill so soon afterwards that Anakin had not really had a chance to consider this... this event. Obi-Wan had graciously, if begrudgingly, allowed him to stay with her during the illness while the Council decided what to do. While he was able, he planned on staying with her as much as he possibly could. Padmé, however, seemed to have other plans.

Much to his dismay, Padmé started madly coursing through her bureau. She began muttering curses that made even Anakin, who had grown up in the back streets of Mos Espa, blush.

"Where is Dormé?" she grumbled, alternately pulling out gowns and then discarding them. ?I can't get into half of these blasted Senatorial gowns without her help!" She paused, ran a hand through her hair, sighed in exasperation, and turned to look at Anakin, who hadn't said a word. When she saw the hurt expression on his face she paused, a little taken aback.

"Ani? What?s wrong?" Padmé asked him softly.

"I thought you would stay home today," he said quietly, trying unsuccessfully to mask the hurt in his voice. "After all, you've been ill..." He looked down to the floor, aware he was repeating himself but unsure of what else to say. She put the last of the gowns she held on to the back of the chair. Padmé wandered over to her husband, who had turned away almost as if he were sulking. She put her hand on his shoulder and he pulled away, still not meeting her gaze. Smiling tenderly, she cupped his chin in her other hand, and turned his face towards her own.

"Anakin," she whispered. "Look at me..."

At first he resisted, his pride wounded, but at last he allowed her eyes to meet his.

"I'm sorry," he said finally. "I've never dealt with anything like this before... I don't know how to treat you... how to act... I sent Dormé away and then sent word to the Chancellor's Office asking if they could excuse you for another day..."

Padmé suddenly silenced him with a kiss. She closed her eyes, slowly running her hands down his back and pulling him closer. He tenderly returned her kiss, putting his arms around her back but carefully avoiding her belly.

At last, eyes still closed, she rested her head under his chin.

"Forgiven... this time," Padmé told him, and she began to giggle.

"What's so funny?" he asked irritably.

She didn't say anything but slowly moved his left hand down to her belly and held it there, even as he tried to pull away.

"Padmé, please..."

"Don't be silly Ani," she murmured into his breastbone, lacing her fingers into his. "There's nothing to be afraid of..."

"I'm not afraid!" replied Anakin, aware that the tremor in his voice belied the truth. "Really... It's just... just..."

She began to rock with

2. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    Woah its like Déjà vu all over again I swear I've read this before or else it just means that we connect on another level or somehting :p .

Love the story DarthBreezy lets up this for others to read.

Kithana

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    You know how much I love this story, DB...Anakin is so sweet to Padme... [face_love] Every pregnant woman deserves a husband like him...

4. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    AWW, how sweet. I agree, every pregnant woman needs a husband so thoughtful. The most thoughtful thing my husband did was, after my son was born he brought me 3 roses (one for me, one for him, one for the baby). He also used to enjoy it when he could feel the baby kicking him in the back in the morning. :)

5. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Good to see this one again, DB. And not only for the "high end mark" aspect. :p

Anakin can be so sweet. Too bad he ends up as Vader. :_| :_|

6. ForbiddenLove

ForbiddenLove Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2002
    I love this story. It brought tears to my eyes. *Sigh* Thanks for sharing :)

7. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Putting this on top where it belongs...

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well good morning everyone!

[face_love]

This is a relative oldy as far as fanific goes, so lovely to see that people like it still!

Kithana

Thank you for the kind up!

AG

This was written in part as a backlash to all the 'evil Anakin' stories that were around at the time... Padme and Anikin loved eachother... I wanted to explore that a bit more...

stacysatrip

In a word... awwwwwwwwww

Lex

Hey, what can I say? I just would like this particular story to be remembered for more than just the one passage! :p

ForbiddenLove

A new reader!! Cool! (not that old freinds aren't equally appreiciated!)

I'm glad Ani's tale touched you!

AG thanks for the Second Up!

[face_love]

9. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    I love this fic...I just adore most things by you but this one is awesome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.