main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The role of the First Jedi

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

The "brothers in the force" thing bothers me; I don't like the idea of greying up the Sith. The Jedi are Good, the Sith are Evil. They should keep it black and white.

2. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    This is an interesting idea. I like it.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  3. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    The origins of both the Sith and the Jedi being one and the same, to divide later because of a schism due to philosophy, works well. One group embracing practices utilizing only the Dark Side, the other constantly trying to counterbalance. So perhaps the original Jedi had a more complete understanding of both the Light and the Dark, and the relationship between then. Perhaps the original Jedi were more of a gray Jedi, because they also understood the Dark Side.

Having said that, it is hard to imagine what they actually were doing if there was not originally a polarization.

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    First post here,
    anyone remember this rumor, which seems to be on the money and was posted on August 2014.:)
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/08/s...oks-dooku-connection-leia-hutts-lucas-vision/

have to say given what we know about Snoke, being present throughout history but as a spectator. As well as Luke being at the first Temple by the end of VII....

5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I think this report ist still very much spot on for the whole trilogy. ;)

6. Mungo Baobab

Dec 2, 2014

The Endor scenes will make the perfect Ewoks vs Knights of Ren ( Dawn of Yub Nub ) movie, too. It's about time they finished the Endor trilogy!

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [face_laugh]
    that would be awesome, maybe one of the Ewoks turns to the darkside.[face_devil]
    my 2 biggest annoyances with SW, is the cancellation/axing of TCW and the fact that the Ewok movies don't make a trilogy.[face_waiting]

nightangel and Mungo Baobab like this.
  8. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    True, I just recently bought the 2 Ewok movies on DVD, I want another one. [face_waiting]

Mungo Baobab and starocean90 like this.
  9. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Ewoks only turn to the darkside when the burn their dinner.

:D[face_laugh][face_rofl]

10. Mungo Baobab

Dec 2, 2014
    It can only be a matter of time before old Noa's connection to Lor San Tekka and the Church of the Force is revealed. It's been in front of us all this time.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    another thing to remember, Lor San Tekka who believed that the Jedi needed to come back in order for their to be balance in the Galaxy.Also
    so it makes sense that he's the one who helped Luke find the the first temple hence why he has a map. So the church of the Force could also maybe play a role in all of it.[face_thinking]

12. Mungo Baobab

Dec 2, 2014
    starocean90

Yeah, I think they have an important part to play in the backstory, and maybe they'll even feature again in one of the next two films. I think Lor's "This will begin to make things right", is him basically saying "I helped Luke find the first temple, and have kept his location secret, but now we need him to come back."

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I think it's strange to introduce new players on the board in the first movie and to not revisit them at some point whether it's in the ST or in Expanded material. We already got a decent amount of info on the organization from the visual dictionary, about a group that's been there since the Rise of the Empire. Makes me wonder if they will appear in Rebels. He also seems to be really familiar with Leia, by saying she'll always be royalty be to him, that seems to be a strong familiarity. Also given his Old age, Tekka seems to have been around since the PT era, heck the character and his organization could appear throughout the entire Saga.

nightangel and Mungo Baobab like this.
  14. Mungo Baobab

Dec 2, 2014
    Yeah, Pablo hinted that Lor's story is not done, so he'll be back in some form, whether it's Rebels, books, or the comics. Also, did you listen to the podcast where Pablo talks about Lor? The character was originally supposed to be a priest ( hence the Vicar codename ), but later they decided that an explorer / scout who was also a member of the Church of the Force suited the story more.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm hoping Luke, and subsequently Rey, are looking for artifacts, holocrons, other historical elements.

I did not like the Mortis arc in TCW or the Path of the Jedi in Rebels so I'd rather not see any weird **** elements along those lines.

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I hope you enjoy the finale where it seems like they will go into the depth of a Sith Temple.[face_peace]

@Mungo Baobab
    no, I actually haven't, after leaving the forum I actually step away a bit from SW although any big news I kept up to date while ignoring the smaller things. As for the Vicar, yeah I see him as a traveler just based on his costume and the things he says, which is much more interesting idea for a character with such a small role, it gives him potential for future stories as traveler around the Galaxy. I still want to hear why the Village established by people of the Force are on Jakku (being the same planet as Rey, the Force Awakening).[face_waiting]
    at what point did they establish this village and at what point did Tekka "retire" there? As well as Rey's impending arrival?

17. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    I hope Luke hasn't eschewed modern technology, like the Church of the Force has, and it is not the reason why he seems reluctant to take his Lightsaber from Rey. [face_nail_biting]:p

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I don't think so since, lightsaber are part of nature and can connect with the force because of their Kyber crystals.
    as for him not talking the saber that was because they wanted a "cliffhanger" ending.:p

19. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    Yeah! I like to think that the reason why Luke didn't take his Lightsaber from Rey right away, was because he was contemplating who to kill first; Kylo, or Snoke? :p

20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    he'll wait until Rey completes her saber and be like "you kill my crazy nephew and I'll kill the weird bald alien.":p

Sarge, Baron_Papanerd and nightangel like this.
  21. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    you got it. That's what Luke is thinking. :p

starocean90 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  22. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Luke, after an even longer pause.. grabbing legacy saber and tossing it over his shoulder off the cliff edge then saying..."you're welcome.."

23. LORD_BINX

LORD_BINX Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Hopefully we will learn that Luke has acquired greater knowledge from whatever he encountered at the first temple. If he's going to be training Rey in the next movie, hopefully Mark to have lines that make Luke's training and knowledge more distinct from Yoda's, but no less philosophical. That being said, I'm hoping that the role of the first jedi will be to set Luke on the path to finally establishing a new jedi order, while completely reforming the rules practiced by the old order. For instance, if Rey is Luke's daughter, then Master Luke has committed one of the biggest no-no's a jedi can commit. If Rey is really his daughter then the jedi rules will need to be updated, as well as the whole "attachment leads to the darkside" philosophy.

24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I hope there is some training of Rey as well as them going on the hunt for other force wielder's like Maz Kanata. Maz intrigued me because she knows how to use the force, but they didn't say just how adept she was with it. I would imagine that there are other's just like her as well. They would be quite handy in the fight with the First Order/KOR.

25. LORD_BINX

LORD_BINX Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Correction to my previous post:

Hopefully Mark will have lines that make Luke's training and knowledge more distinct from Yoda's, but no less philosophical.

(It was too late to edit... )

whostheBossk and Ghost like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.