main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social The Role Playing Community's Fourth Annual Christmas / Winter Ball

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Imperial_Hammer , Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Sey
    Living Room

She watched the grin fall from his face as she questioned his outfit. She hated making him upset, but she also knew that this would make Hammer happy and a happy Hammer was good for everyone. Plus, he always wore cammo, for once he could dress up for her.

"They're only pants..." he started to protest. She let her face cloud over to remind him of who she was. This would not look good for the Dark Lady if her date would able to make her cave. Even here she couldn't give up the pretense of power. There was always someone out there lurking to take control of the Sith. As she thought this, Sinre caught her eye again. Him and his apprentice Helinith were probably plotting behind her back as they speak. However, she mustn't get paranoid, cautious but not paranoid.

Sey turned her attention back to sarge who was holding out a can of dew at her. She took it from him and watched as he gathered himself to comply with her wishes. She giggled in delight as he did rip his pants off like a stripper and the smile stayed firmly in place as she realized he had dressed to match her outfit.

"Excellent!" she exclaimed pointing at his red and white striped pants. "What a pair we make!"

"You know I'd do anything for you," he grinned. "Thanks for holding onto this," he continued as he took the can of dew back.

Once her hands were free, Sey threw her arms around sarge's neck and gave him a big kiss on the cheek as a reward for making her happy. She reluctantly dropped her arms from around his neck and turned so that one of his arms was still tucked around her, but they were both facing forward.

"Now, let's go see who will offer to lick both of us." She joked as she steered them back over to the group surrounding Fin.

Tag: sarge, anyone by Fin

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Sarge
    Living Room

Well he had to admit that the nice, big kiss that was planted on his cheek with the work of Sey's lips had been worth the change of clothing. The dress pants still felt weird though; lighter and smoother then his camo pants but just...too light and smooth. Not as heavy and thus probably not as durable as his previous pants but eh...he just had to remember the little reward that he got for the simple change. If he continued to behave and just act as his charming self maybe there will be something else in store for him!

Course, he also remembered the darkening look that had briefly come over his date's face upon his initial objections...

Just stick with the Dew, he told himself before he took yet another sip of said drink. He was just glad Sey hadn't seemed to have a problem with his well-known Dew addiction. Then again, it was a party and how could one be blamed for indulging in such refreshments?

"Now, let's go see who will offer to lick both of us."

Ah, that's right. Socializing. There tended to be a lot of that too when it came to these kind of things. Well, that wasn't a problem for Sarge either. Afterall, who was the one that had gotten the title of most social user? Five times in a row for him as a matter of fact!

"Let's," he agreed, his arm that was at her waist tightening protectively as he looked back to the group that he had previously left. His brows raised slightly, seeing another pair that had come to the party: Solo and Chukles for that matter who looked to have also decided to date up. Well, that wasn't exactly a surprise there as previous social interactions could attest to.

Hello, BobaMatt as well who was currently engaged in a smoke. And was that JEDIGUNSHIP snooping around in the halls if the convenient glance he was able to get of him told the truth? They were really coming in apparently which was a pleasant surprise. Then again - the though coming upon spotting Fins once again - Sarge wondered if the next few surprises that may come about during this party will stay pleasant.

TAG: Sey, RPF Group

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Mitth Fisto
    Living Room

Ramza was most nervous it appeared from his stagered hello, instead of his normal more smooth ones he had been using this evening to go with his dapper appearance.

"You know what they say Ramza, tis the season to give forgiveness with a larger spoon as one sips of the draught of amnesia to make it stick." he replied in a hushed tone back with a wink of his own. He had no idea why Ramza would be so nervous for having been out of the asylum unless he had escaped, but even then it was Christmas and such a good poster would likely get leniance if he went back after the party voluntarily.

Out of the corner of his eye he spotted Jim Palso, someone he recognized from the TFN Biography Channels latenight program of Palso in the Younger Years: The Arkanian Trap as well as from the home he had gone by to get here in the NJO Tower Complex in RPF city proper.

TAG: The Genius Chuckles Method - see above

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Fin
    The Desolate Screaming Sprawls of his own Mind . . . to quote Gibson . . .

He still managed to get drinks, while Mitth and Sarge had moved on to other conversations. Or had he simply failed to respond? He could not think about it, being distracted by the idea to hand over his present. Anyway, that could wait. "Hey." He greeted a guy he had seen on the boards a few times. "Hey." Another one. "Hey you, good to see ya!" He smiled. A smile that was almost acid-like in it´s unnerved intensity. He smelled smoke. And nodded. Laughing out and then nodded again. As a young butler passed him, he grabbed him at the arm. "Would you get me a Lagavulin 16 years old, double? And if I see any ice near it, I will kill you and your family okay?" He smiled politely at him, nodding. Then he saw Sey getting all touchy with Srage and requesting a drink or something. "And whatever these flirtbirds over there wanna have, get it too. And quick. Superquick, you got it?" Turning back to the surrounding people he smiled at Ramza. "Candles are a beginning, are they?" He grinned, the alcohol had it´s effect, it was about time. And he took out his mobile and called the Germain head-quarters. "Need to check my mailbox." He explained, nodding. "Hey? Sirak? Was tust du immernoch zu Hause? WAS?!? Verdammt, welchen Teil von SOFORT habt ihr altersdementen pseudopoden nicht verstanden? Gibt mit Tom. Ja. Ja! LordTroepfchen. JETZT!" He yelled, then turnedv to the guest and smiled. "We´re family." He said as if that explained it all. "WO BIST DU?!" Schrie er sofort wieder ins Telefon. "Was meinst du, du arbeitest an . . . Max Payne? Soll ich deinen kleinen fetischboy umnieten und du bist endlich auf dem weg hierher, oder kommst du einfach so?" Again ,he smiled at the guests around them. "Du alter, seniler Trottel. Beweg deinen . . . ALLWERTESTEN endlich auf diesen Kindergeburtstag und HÖR AUF ZU QUATSCHEN!" He broke the line nad looked up. "So we were about to get drunk ,right?" He asked to everyone around him. "Real drunk. Anybody a cigar? Together with a Single Malt it accelerates the whole . . . you´ll see . . . "

Tag: Anyone around me, especially the hopefully lurking Germans, who shall get in here

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The Sithy Residence

The roleplayer sat hunched in his armchair, staring morosely at the red but dead, silent Bat Phone.

Trying to get Pashatemur to last year's Winter Ball had been the must fun he had had around these themed events of Imperial Hammer's, and without her around, or responding to his PM or Facebook message, he could not work up the enthusiasm to go along.

Flirting with a female npc just was not the same, anymore.

He smiled briefly at fond memories of he and favourite character, Mitch Nifesta, rescuing her and Anakin Skywalker from that Forbidden Castle out of Krull.

Everybody on board the Monkeylord remembered to breathe again as soon as the great transport emerged into the Role Playing Forum resort town, and the final stargate dissipated in their wake.

The Slayers of the Black Fortress had been most reluctant for their guests to leave, and even with Anakin Skywalker and Mitch Nifesta cooperating in a spirited rear-guard action, the fight had followed them out of the cave entrance and down the steep escarpments to the metal insect-legged war machine.

The roof was heavily carbon scorched from the Slayers? crude energy staffs, and 8mm shell casings littered the cockpit floor.

Sith-I-5 directed pashatemur out the back of the cockpit: ?There is a lounge and walk-in closet back there, with clothes in your size, Pasha. Also a pair of shoes that I think would look great on you.?

She wouldn't miss the silver, four inch heel, t-bar court Jimmy Choos. He caught a questioning glance from McKay. ?What??

?You had those when we arrived outside DVC?s, right??

?Yeah, don?t even go there.? Mitch advised as he appropriated a long-handled broom and started to noisily sweep the spent bronze-coloured P-90 ammunition out of everyone?s way, and towards the edges of the floor.

Sithy glanced out the port. ?Bit dark. Much darker than I would have thought for the time of the day.? He leaned closer to the cracked pane to gaze upwards. ?Hellooo, big wedge-shaped solar eclipse. Imperial Star Destroyer coming down through the clouds.?

He sensed Fen?s arrival beside him, automatically catching him under the armpits to lift him onto the window sill.

?ImpStar can?t enter atmosphere. It?s the Victories that have that ability.? Fen advised with the same tones of certainty as a junior palaeontologist.

?I agree.? Sithy nodded. ?However, that ship is definitely Imperial-class. You can tell from the shield globes above the bridge.?

He continued smiling, cheered by the memory. Alright then, Black Fortress.

6. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Kahn
    Cabin, in the woods

Ramza had taken time to return his greeting, the mans witty reply was enough to make him snort. "Somebodies gotta keep up the [DELETED FOR YOUR SAFETY] quota while you're taking your 'vacation'." Shaking his head he nodded to Mitth, "You just enjoy that wine, You'll enjoy your other gift too though. But It'll come later." As Mitth moved one Kahn grabbed a glass of wine from a passing waiter and nodded in thanks.

Sipping the wine he noticed Fin pull out his phone and mention his inbox, Being feline in his nature for curiosity, and perhapses just a little bit nosy he listened in. Which arguably wasn't all to hard. Now, Kahn was not a native speaker of German. But, he listened to E Nomine on a near daily basis, he also watched World War II movies, being the military enthusiast that he was. So while he couldn't say for sure everything that Fin's had said, he was pretty sure Fin's was upset his fellow Germans weren't here yet.

"Maybe you should light a fire under them Fins?" He said jokingly as he sipped his wine, "Give them some incentive for showing up or something? Like presents?" He put his empty glass on the tray of another passing waiter "I'll have another... actually... Get me some Eggnog... with SoCo in it." He looked back at Fin's, "Need something with a kick in it."

Tag: Fins, others

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Fin
    Cabin

"Some incentive. Yeah, that´s actually kind of an idea. But hey, they shall have their time. I mean we are not leaving anytime soon, are we? We gonna stay here and party ´til the break of DAAAAAWN Babey. ´Til the break of DAAAAAWN!" Fin laughed out and got his whisky from a passing tablet. "And the SoCo is for the guy over there." He pointed the obviously incompetent waitress towards Kahn. 2And if you can´t get your job done, you might consider wear something a little more . . . regarding for your incompetent presence." He laughed out and took his Whisky opening his mouth, bringing his head to his neck and emptying it in one move. "Yeah." He pressed out and swallowed it. "That´s the real deal."

Tag: Kahn, last tag still standing . . .

8. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Kahn
    Cabin in the woods

Either Fin's was putting on a good show, he was just this insane in real life, or incredibly drunk. It didn't matter either way, getting to meet people like this was the purpose of such gatherings. Picking his SoCo laced eggnog from the waitress tray he nodded in thanks. He took a whiff, and there was a nice hint of cinnamon which was good. He took a swig, and let the liquid heaven run down his throat. "Oh gawd that is good stuff right there." He looked at Fin's "So, 'side from Star Wars, what Sci-Fi's you watch? I haven't really gotten to know ya, might as well start on even footing ya?"

Tag: Fins

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Fin
    Cabin

Looking over to Kahn the man got his SoCo and Fin remembered having once drank far too many of these with LordT in the Max in Kiel. It was "half a price day" and he knew the barkeeper . . . it had ended badly and Fin had never ever again touched a glass of it. The thought made him more sober, strangely. "Oh when I was younger I watched it all. Star Wars was my first love, but I was into Star Trek TNG and all kind of stuff, too. Lately, I grew a little more picky. Less time, more work makes your choices more . . . meaningful, you know what I mean?" He got himself another glass of something. working no longer on getting drunk, but getting drunk faster . . . which made a big difference in the way you performed through such an evening. "Well, I was into BSG until that finale killed all sense and I am still trying to read every line Asimov has ever written. Otherwise I am into Lost. Totally. Tried a few other series, but lately I recognize that Crime and Horror might have made the bigger advancements for me over the years. And as I am movie nuts I begin to drift into most obscure markets watching for movies lately. French, Korean stuff. I dig Spanish movie,s lately. Little Sci-Fi among it. Oh yeah, I digged Alien until they met the Predators. Even got a Replica of one of these Xenos . . . hanging out with me in my flat." He laughed. "Replica, ya know!" He poured the next drink into himself. "So Kahn, fella, what gets you going? Sci-Fi wise, I mean? Let me give it a guess. You´re a Manga type of guy, are you? Despite your own little tale on that wiki. Impressive thing, be tee we." Fin said and looked after the waitress he had recently found to be lacking . . . in many ways . . .

Tag: Kahn

10. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Kahn
    Cabin

"Manga?" He thought on it, "Well, yeah, I mean I like some Manga, but the majority of it just gets... stupid. There are a few golden examples out there, but most of it is just damned silly. Artists and Authors focusing more on filler and giving the readers a good shot of the female leads panties instead of focusing on story and character development. Best Manga I ever read was Fushigi Yugi, it had its flaws, but the story was interesting."

He took another swig of his Eggnog, "No for me I place importance on story. Like Battlestar Galactica. It was a true new age Sci-Fi Epic, then, as you said, the finale ruined it. There was a resounding 'The Hell?' in my house that night. I enjoyed Star Trek, big Trekkie actually, sure it was more villain of the week, but TNG was a shining example of character development with Data. Not ashamed to admit I cried when he died in Nemesis. Which of course made me dislike the movie more. No Star Trek movie stands up to Wrath of Khan, my name alone is a testament to how much I like that movie."

Finishing his eggnog he placed the empty glass on a passing tray and asked for another, unspiked one. "Now my favorite Sci-Fi of all time, is Babylon 5. From episode one to episode one oh ten its a continuing five year long story arc. Its, in my opinion, a testament to great television writing. Its a shame that they canceled the spin-off Crusade. But, good things die young, like Firefly did. But I ever so did enjoy the character development and darker themes of B5. Its why I liked BSG, but that let us down in the end." He let out a small sigh, "I'm trying to find a new fix right now, I was hoping Stargate Universe would deliver but its not holding up to the lineage it has so far. Hopefully it'll get better, right now its the only half Decent Sci-Fi I can find on TV. Sanctuary just isn't my cup of tea."

Tag: Fins, Others

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    BobaMatt

Ramza produced a match. Classy. "Alternatively I could use the cigar," he chuckled, "But if I've learned anything from Sergio Leone it's that it implies I'm beneath you. Nothing personal, it's a strictly spaghetti western influenced perception... thing."

"Uh..." Matt raised an eyebrow, "okay." He puffed on the cigarillo. "Thanks for the..." But Ramza was already milling about.

The crowd was getting thicker. Matt heard a smooth female voice from behind him say, "...lick both of us," and turned sharply, exhaling smoke. "Did someone say something about licking?"

Sey and Sarge were walking arm in arm behind him. Sarge's pants were different.

Someone, somewhere, was yelling in German.

TAG: Sarge, Sey. Ramza

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Sey
    Living Room

Still walking closely to sarge, Sey saw BobaMatt slightly ahead of them at the outskirts of the group surrounding Kahn and Fin. She picked up her pace a little, dragging sarge with her and pulled to a stop beside BobaMatt.

"Hey! I haven't seen you in forever," she said to BobaMatt. "Partly my fault, I'm sure, I kinda disappeared from the RPF after a few RP's I tried went up in smoke. Figured I was a cancer to the games and decided not to play any for awhile. That was until I saw the Fin/Draco game. It was a perfect set up for me to play one of my all time favorite characters, plus I was told it was impossible to sink a Fin game. So here I am!"

Sey knew she was rambling but she couldn't help herself. Sometimes she loved the social gatherings. Half of her attention was on the conversation that Kahn and Fin were having. She was only catching some words, but from the words she could catch she knew that they were discussing tv shows and movies.

"....LOST..." she heard Fin say.

"Oh my gosh!" She explained. "LOST! I love that show! Sawyer is such a hunk!"

Tag: BobaMatt, Kahn, sarge, Fin

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: HSolo29
    Living Room, Cabin

A butler greeted us as the door swung open and he flashed us a jovial smile, offering to take our coats. I was a little hesitant to part with my shawl at first due to the bitter cold, but soon the warmth of the cabin washed over me and I knew I wouldn't need it. Returning the man's greeting with a smile of my own, I handed over the knit garment and fell back into my position at Chuk's side.

Sensing the movement, Chuk pulled me a little closer and together, we crossed the threshold into the cozy building. "Hey, relax," his breath was hot against my ear as he tried to offer me reassurances. Was my nervousness that obvious? I inwardly shuddered at the thought as my eyes took in the people and the intricate decorations adorning the cabin. "You look beautiful... have I told you that yet?"

I felt my ears grow warm as I quickly tore my gaze away from the amenities to stare into Chukle's gaze. "No," I said timidly, trying to hide the nervous smile that was threatening to spill over my features.

"You're amongst friends and, if nothing else, I'm here,"

Luckily for him, he knew exactly what to say. I laughed at his last comment and decided to try this again. He had been right, afterall. It might have been early, but sure enough, the place was already bustling with familiar faces. Sey and Sarge could be seen milling about together. No doubt, they made a cute couple. BobaMatt and Mitth had been among some of the more recent arrivals and as they passed, I offered them both a nod in greeting.

As we moved deeper into the cabin and pressed on into the main living area, we encountered others - Kahn, Ramza, Anvil, Saint, Sinre, Fins and of course, there was Impy himself. It was such a joyful event and mixed with the live music wafting through the air and the crackling of the fire, it truly felt like Christmas. It had indeed turned into a wise decision to attend this year.

"This is really great," I noted of the festivities, squeezing Chuk's arm briefly as I returned my gaze to his. "What do you say about finding something to drink and saying our hellos?"

TAG: Chuk, Others mentioned

14. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Sarge
    Living Room

Sey had picked up the pace, now practically tugging on his arm which forced Sarge to speed up just a little as well unless he wished to be dragged along the floor by his date. A sudden string of German caused him to look back towards Fin who was making all the ruckus, seeming to be busy with his phone. Just because he had some German blood in his veins it sure didn't mean that it gave him any fluency in the language. But the name Sirak he managed to make out which made him wonder if she was going to make an appearance at the ball. And...Max Payne?

Ack! he suddenly thought as Sey halted, almost bumping into her which would've been baaaaaad. Regaining his composure, he focused forward again and found that BobaMatt was before them who Sey was adamantly speaking with.

"Oh my gosh! LOST! I love that show! Sawyer is such a hunk!"

And now a completely different change of subject which brought Sey's focus back onto Fins who was busy consuming another alcoholic beverage. ...How many has he had now?

"Er...hey there, Matt," Sarge finally greeted, a bit thrown off with his very active date that was pulling him around in so many directions to chat with so many different people. Ah well, that's what made things fun and why he had accepted to be Sey's date. Despite a little thrown off by the social gathering - and he was the social user here, shame on him - once he got into a better swing of things - and consumed enough Dew - he should be able to more readily have the fun time that he expected to have with Sey's help.

"So how's it going with the theatre work?" he questioned. A butler came to him, asking him and Sey if they wanted anything to drink despite the fact that Sarge still had a can of Dew in his hand. Shaking his head, he just held up the said can to show that he was fine and took another sip.

TAG: BobaMatt, Sey, Living Room Peeps

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala
    Arriving to Hollywreath Cabin

Ktala sat silently, looking out over the snowy woods of her home. In her hand, a small candle, she used to light a small display. Blowing out a small puff of air, she could see the results of the first frost and hard snow in her area. She lit the display, and set the candle down, moving to make sure her gown was in place.

'To Friends afar...'

She blew out the small candle. Normally, she enjoyed going out to celebrate the new year with friends and companions. But this year was a bit different. Most of her old companions were gone, taken by that rogue, Darth RL. It was truly saddening. Some had games going well, and then suddenly vanished without a trace, no logging back in for months at a time. Some never came back. And a few, still active on the boards, but no longer within the RPF, so she rarely saw them as much as she would have liked. How she missed the good times. She hard restarted the Academy, and while its launch had gone over quite well, getting instructors to do as they had promised had been quite a task. Perhaps she would think on it over the holidays. But now was not the time.

Ktala picked up the invitation she had received to the Winter's Ball. Hollywreath Cabin. It sounded simply divine. She hoped that she would at lest see one or two familiar faces there. And perhaps, make a few new companions as well. But it would have been nice to have had someone to accompany her. She sighed, hoping for the best. The wine colored dress, with white trim, and small delicate crystals that looked like she was covered in snowflakes, graced one shoulder. Her hair, she had pulled up, but with bits of it hanging down, to frame her shoulders and face. Tiny snowflake earrings dangled, catching and reflecting the lights nearby. A tiny hint of perfume, and she slipped into her coat for the evening. Now, how to arrive there? She looked at the many vehicles she had at her disposal, but then shook her head, and gave a small whistle.

As she headed for the front steps, a horse, pulling a wonderfully decorated carriage pulled up to her wooded doorstep. "Another party, M'lady?" Ktala nodded. "Yes. Let us see what friends and good cheer we can find this night, for I sorely am in need of some merriment."

The dark horse pawed the ground as she entered the carriage. In almost no time, they were at their destination. She had amused herself by scribing the site ahead of her arrival, and seeing the others arrive. Yes, the party seemed to be going at quite a pace. That was a good thing indeed. As her carriage pulled up, she could smell such wonderful aroma of the many foods, drifting from the door. The valet helped her from her carriage, as she pulled her hooded cloak closer around her, feeling the refreshing bite of winter in the air. Music could be heard softly playing, as she climbed the few steps to reach the front of the cabin. A plume of smoke climbed lazily into the night sky. As she gave a nod, the doorman reached over and opened the door for her.

"Thank you.", she said smiling, as she entered the Hall. She noticed the coat rack, but decided to keep her cloak on, until she warmed up abit. The smell of gingerbread, and soft music beckoned her to enter further, until she came across the living room. Warm, inviting chairs, and CHOCOLATE!

She immediately made her way to the pile of chocolates, as she scanned the room for familiar faces. Imperial Hammer was buried by the cluster of people around him, as usual. She shook her head slightly as she smiled.

Quite a few people were here already. Sinre, Kahn, Ramza .. oh yes, there was Anvil, with a cluster of people around her as well. Ah, a familiar voice, booming over in the corner of the cabin was no other than Saintheart himself, dressed in a manner she had come accustomed to seeing him during such events. The sword looked vaguely familiar. He seemed to be busy, so she just gave a nod of her head, as she continued to look around. Sarge, and Mitth_Fisto had arrived, and there were a few people there that she did not know at all, or

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    IC: Jim Palso
    Living Room

Mitth Fisto was one of the few faces present he recognized well---everyone else he heard of or knew little of. He wondered if greyjedi125 would show up---another familiar face he knew, rather well indeed.

Jim Palso found himself among a discussion of something---he wasn't sure of what yet since he had just arrived. He gave Mitth a nod of hello before getting a drink.

Tag Mitth, anyone else

17. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Sabriel Orion
    Just getting to the party

Sabriel had finally arrived to the cabin, after many times being told to join in by weird people. She stood outside, and snuck around the cabin to look in a window. She really didn't like parties. She usually ended up sitting somewhere alone. She took a deep breath, and because it was freezing, she finally made her way inside. She handed her coat and gloves to the butler there, revealing her long red dress and matching red shoes (flats of course, she couldn't balance well in heels) and took a good look around. She saw a couple people she knew, but then caught sight of the fudge the butler was setting out.

"FUDGE! MINE!" Sabriel said, her chocolate brown eyes widening, and took off towards the fudge, her long red hair trailing behind her.

Tag: Whoever. XD Just getting into here.

18. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    IC: NaboosPrincess
    Hollywreath Cabin

It truly was a lovely night for a party, NP thought as her sleigh pulled up to the cozy cabin in the woods. A shame they couldn't hold the festivities out here, underneath the stars! But it was too chilly for that. Lights flickered in the cabin windows, and she glimpsed guests inside, already enjoying themselves. It was an inviting scene. Still, she hesitated. She had been long away from this place, busy with other endeavors, and she had returned to find things slightly changed. But a certain gentleman had assured her it would be a happy event, and she couldn't resist the chance to get dressed up, which was why she now found herself on the doorstep of the cabin.

The scene inside looked happy indeed. Doubtless there would be some old friends with whom she might visit. It would be nice to see them again, and perhaps make some new acquaintances. NP brushed the snowflakes from her cloak and smoothed her long skirts. She was breaking tradition this year by wearing a deep burgundy gown, but her favorite color made an appearance in the form of gems sparkling in her ears and on her wrists. Finally feeling presentable, she opened the door of the cabin and made her way inside.

NP hung her cloak on one of the racks inside the door, and went in search of the evening's host. She passed a server carrying a tray filled with mugs of hot chocolate, and took one to sip. It was the good stuff, smooth and rich, not like the powdered mixes stocked in grocery stores. She appreciated the caterer's effort and made a note to try some of the sweets later on.

Finally, she found her quarry, relaxing in the living room. Settling into one of the chairs beside him, she smiled.

?Why, hello. It seems you've got the makings of another successful Winter Ball here.?

TAG: I_H

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sinre

His freezing hand delivered to Hammer, Sinre bowed in greeting to NP and dutifully excused himself from their conversation, throwing what would have been classed as a 'dashing' grin in his mind. Lopsided was more like it, but what can you do. Appropriating a weak alcoholic beverage from the passing waiters, Sinre marveled at his friends and, well, family. It was a distinctly soppy thought, and he buried it beneath layers of Sith roleplaying. Absently wondering where a few people where, he nonetheless happened upon Sarge and Sey, both looking infinitely pleased with themselves, and threw a wave as he returned to Fin and Kahn, the former seemingly waiting, the latter in full blown conversation. Sinre assumed Fin was waiting for the others - and also assumed he'd catch up with Sey later, as they tended to.

Filling the gap Sinre decided to intersect himself, appropriating a light juice in some kind of yellow colour, and handed it to Kahn, not sure if he'd actually like it, but it seemed appropriate enough. "Might I join, Fin, Kahn?" Sinre's eye roved nonetheless, searching for the latest of his 'former' apprentices, Helinith, or even Sith-I-5 or Xany, whom he had recently struck up a chord with. "I've not too great a fan of manga or anime, sadly. I find that it is either ridiculously bad, or mind-boggling good. Thus I've managed to limit myself to Death Note and .Hack//, the latter which I believe Hammer will vouch for, if you've never heard of it."

Absently Sinre recalled a Star Wars/Death Note crossover planned by Tee, and wondered if she'd turn up at any point.

He also needed to speak to BobaMatt... something about baby names? Who knows.

As you can tell, Sinre's mind is generally quite absent.

TAG: Hammer, NP, Sey, Sarge, Fin, Kahn, Hel, Sith I-5, Xany, Tee, Matt

20. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Kahn
    Cabin

Before Fins had a chance to really respond to Kahn's heavy confession of nerdom in regards to his Sci-Fi habits Sinre approached the duo and promptly handed Kahn a glass of yellow liquid. Nodding to Sinre's request to join the conversation Kahn took a whiff of the drink. "Lemon and Vodka?" Shrugging he took a small swig, "Oh yeah... Lemon and Vodka... goooooood Vodka."

Kahn settled in to listen to Sinre's interjection into the conversation and half expected it to be as long winded as his, if not more. Much to his surprise however Sinre kept it short clearly his mind was somewhere else. Wonder what he's thinking about? the answer was simple however, A lot of things at once. Like I do so often. Sinre needed a jolt back into the ball, this was a vacation after all and you couldn't let things distract you from relaxing.

Reaching out Kahn put a hand on Sinre's shoulder, "You shouldn't let things get in the way of a good time my friend. Let the outside world go for now, it can wait." He took another swig of the Vodka and pondered a moment, "I know of both. Death Note was an excellent series, though I found the ending lacking. I view it as the Battlestar Galactica of Anime when it comes to bad endings. But the Story was good, L is easily one of my favorite characters, though how he acted towards Light Yagami just before he died was... well it seemed out of character for me."

"As for Dot Hack, I throughly enjoyed the first anime. I saw it years ago, and it was very entertaining. And the games, well .hack//Infection is a game I still wish to play more of. The four part story arc leading into Mutation, Outbreak, and Quarantine was, well very well thought out. I wish, very much so that America got a release of .hack//frägment but sometimes the Japanese just wanna keep the good stuff to themselves. Only part of Dot Hack that I've seen that I didn't like was Legend of the Twilight. It just seamed like a poor attempt to draw on the power of the games, and the story just, didn't make sense to me."

"That does remind me though. The first Anime I ever saw, and one of my favorites still, was Robotech: The Macross Saga. Show's originally a year older then I am, so its got some of the 80's cliche going on but its still an entertaining prospect. The story was decent, especially for the time, the animation was good and it carried with it that theme of Humanity working together. Some television I think should be entertaining and teach something as well, don't you? Like Gene Rodenberry's original vision of a Utopian Future?

Tag: Fins, Sinre, Others

21. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Imperial_Hammer

Like almost every ball before it, Hammer was soon overwhelmed by the outpouring of good cheer and merriment. Sinre, surprisingly prompt, had arrived first, followed by Kahn and Ramza. Anvil came in and gave the Mod a present... some nice personalized Hammers for his large Hammer collection. He could see Saintheart come in, some booze in hand, happy and hearty for the season. Hammer was pleased to see his ex-partner still posting around town. The RPF had been without active Emeriti for quite some time, and it was good to see that changing.

By this time the crowd had started to thicken, and Hammer started to loose track of who was coming and going. He saw Mitth and Sarge floating around the back, as well as Fins and some others.

Sey's voice sounded at his side, commending him on the cabin and giving him more gifts, a wonderful basket of goods from an unnamed EUC fanclub. Good times the EUC. Hammer wondered how the BMC was doing, and thanked her mightily for the gift. She and Sarge soon rendezvoused, as another group of daters, Chukles and Solo entered. They were looking very snappy, as it seemed like 1/2 the people decided to honor the dress code and the other half just ignored it.

He could hear someone carrying on in the background. He could see who it was, but what could only be German could be heard. Oh well! At least one of the Germans had decided to come to the ball. This was another positive development. 2009, amongst other things, could be called the Year of the PanzerRpers, and it was only fitting that at least one of them came to the '09 Ball.

Sinre, Sey, and Sarge had moved on to other groups, which was just fine by Hammer. Once the crowds had died down, and the people had settled in with their groups of choice, Hammer had more time to breathe and socialize. But who to go to? Perhaps Solo? Perhaps Saint? Someone.

Maybe he would just stand up and watch for a bit.

Was Ktala here? He hoped so. Greyjedi also maybe? He liked to pay those both a special visits. And Winged also! Hm hm hm.

So deep was Hammer in thought that he didn't even see the woman sitting right next to him until she spoke.

?Why, hello. It seems you've got the makings of another successful Winter Ball here.?

He knew the voice immediately, and his heart fluttered. The great and powerful NP, the one and only Moddess of the RPF. The woman he had started his career under, met, and fell in love with. And she had chosen to come!

Hammer beamed as he eagerly turned his gaze towards her. She was wearing a fetching burgundy dress, with sparkling aquamarines hanging from her ears and wrists. She looked dazzling, her dark brown hair and the dark red dress really complimenting each-other.

"Oh yes, thank you." he said, trying to keep cool despite his inner-elation. "I try to find different venues every year. It was a little tough, but I managed. Next year we might return to Kringle Castle. See if anyone still remembers it from the first go, haha."

Hammer's mind flashed back to the first ball. It was NP that greenlit the idea back then. He was happy to keep the tradition going four years later. And happy that she had faith in the idea! Without it, this all would never have been! His mind drew back to the present, and to his date sitting next to him.

"Thanks for coming. I was wondering if I was going to be doing this thing stag or not," I_H said, smiling. "Its been too long since I've seen you around these parts darling. The RPF misses you... as do I."

Hammer reclined and breathed a deep, happy breath. The world suddenly seemed a lot brighter.

"Hey." he said, noticing her cup of hot cocoa. "You want something to eat with that hot cocoa? I hear the kitchen makes a mean gingerbread man."

TAG: NP, Whoever else wants to come around

22. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: greyjedi125
    The Grey Tower

It was dark and stormy outside, just as the grey Istari liked it. The sounds of thunder and the flashes of lighting were...pleasing, if nothing else. For what could very well be the hundredth time, he looked down at the invitation and wrinkled his nose. He had missed the previous year's festivity and actually had no intention of attending this year's...'for the greater good', he reasoned.

In the first year of King Barrack the Noble, things were not going too well for the grey Istari, and the raging storm outside was a perfect reflection of his mood of late. There seemed to be little that could change it, seeing how familiar and simple pleasures one took for granted seemed to vanish from existence, one by one, by one. He did not blame the good King for his terrestrial lot, but still....

"Bah!" he waved his hand dismissively at the invitation as he turned away. The flapping sleeve of his grey robe caused to invitation to become airborne, then slowly waft downward, just to land on a special table.

A familiar sound caught the disgruntled Istari's ear, and he slowly turned. He hadn't activated his amethyst palantir...then how?

The answer came as he espied the invitation next to the purple orb, and upon its polished surface, a curious scene unfolded.

The sounds of joy and merriment grew as he approached, drawn in by curiosity. Absently he stroked his chin, where his beard should have been, but....well, that's a tale for another time.

This was the Hollywreath Cabin. Dark eyes narrowed as he saw very few familiar faces,like Mitth_Fisto and Bravo. That he knew so few was not a surprise, given his absence from this particular realm. The cosmic convergence was soon to take place and that was enough to keep any Istari very busy indeed, but enough of that. The place looked cozy and charming, that was for sure, but what else could one expect from the great Imperial Hammer. The Imperial One was held in great esteem by the Istari, and though he was the author of the invitation, the grey wizard was under sway of his current mood...yet, he still looked on, almost as if under a spell which compelled him.

Feeling a twinge of annoyance, he was about to dispell the connection, when out of the corner of his eye he saw her.

She was alone. At a social gathering. Hmph!!

Thunder cracked outside the tower as Grey bit his tongue and refrained from sputtering a deprecating comment. He realized that he had just decided to go to this 'event', for the sake of the lady. He had missed her last year due to his inexcusable tardiness. This year would be different.

Stepping before a looking glass, the Istari regarded himself and thought for a moment. Egads! he was looking his age. No one needed to be cursed with seeing a thousand year old Istari... then again...

Grey shook his head and chuckled a bit. That thought had been impish and amusing, which meant he was feeling better. However, first things first. Reaching out a wizened dark hand, Grey levitated a 'mood-altering tablet' from a nearby desk and flung it into his mouth. His dark eyes regarded the tablet for a brief second as he made sure it was the right one. It read: X-mas spirit.

Gulp! down went the tablet. "Ahhh!" he was feeling more social already. He even felt his cheeks tug at the sides of his face. Did that mean he was smiling? He certainly hoped so, though it felt awkward. Was that the wind he felt against his teeth?

Now for the visual presentation.

Speaking a simple spell of illusion literally peeled away nearly a thousand years of terrestrial living. Looking one score and a quarter years should do well enough. At least he hoped so. As for his vestments and robes, he always fancied Lord Elrond's sense of style. To that end, he transformed his grey robes into a replica of the Elven Lord's silver robes, with a modern twist, so it looked more like a suit.

"That's more like it." he said with some satisfaction. His now completely black locks were pulled back into a ponytail and held in place by a s

23. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Sabriel Orion
    By the fudge...

Sabriel happily grabbed some fudge and loaded it onto a plate. She loved fudge. Especially the kind with marshmallows in it. She turned from the table and looked around, searching for friends old and new. She felt really out of place. The only one she really knew was Chukles, and the others she had been recently introduced to. She laughed to herself, remembering the weird conversations they had, and spotted Kahn talking to a couple others.

Sabriel bit her lip, and sighed. If she waited for someone to talk to her she would be by the table all night. She took a deep breath, and walked up behind Kahn, and poked him in his ribs. "You mean Star Trek?" she asked, referring to what she had heard him say as she walked up.

Tag: Kahn, others near him..

24. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Kahn
    Cabin

Kahn was becoming the center of several attentions, or he had simply started a conversation that everybody was interested in. All he did was chime up a conversation with Fin's, being friendly, after all he knew nothing about the man, but that was apparently all He needed to do to get things started. First Sey chimed in with her Fangirlish squeal about Lost. Which was unsurprising in the time he'd known Sey he had come to know that she was quite the Fangirl of many things.

Then Sinre half distracted as he was added to the conversation with small bits and pieces of Death Note and .Hack appreciation. This of coursed caused Kahn himself to go into a tangent on his likes and dislikes on the subjects leading into how he thought TV should teach a lesson or have a moral or meaning. Before he could elaborate on the subject however he felt a sharp jolt in his ribs.

"You mean Star Trek?"

The voice he recognized, though only having known its owner for about a week. Turning he faced the woman who had decided to poke him in the side and raised an eyebrow. Slowly he examined her from head to toe, a look of interest and almost bewilderment on his face. "Sab, you look positively..." He paused searching for the politically correct term to use, "stunning. The red suits you, and the dress is quite becoming."

He decided to just down right chug the last little bit of Vodka placing it on the tray of a passing waiter. "Yes yes Star Trek." He fought to get the subject back on track and away from something potentially embarrassing. "Star Trek, The Original Series anyway, was Gene's view of a Utopian future, where humans had moved beyond Racial, Cultural, and Political differences and had embraced that we are all one race, one culture, united in existence."

Tag: Sab, Fin's, and Sinre. Others as well.

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Just a short one

Fin
    Getting Cabin Fever

"Oh Bab5, yeah I remembered watching the whole series when I was ill once. Friend brought it over and as I couldn´t talk . . . I just kept on watching one Episode after another . . ." He replied to Kahn, looking at his glass as if he was surprised it was empty. A newcomer he hadn´t met was chatting about Star Trek. Stunning litle thing in a red dress. He nodded while looking for the waitress, any of the . . . to shout at her and get another drink. They did not show up. Well, well, the sheeps have heard a wolf is in town.

"Well, I also liked that about Star Trek. The original series and TNG are still the only shows that have a strong idea of democratic development and civil right in it´s core. They are very multi-lateral. Very interesting in that. When the world turned it´s back on Mulit-laterism it seemed to vanish from Sci-Fi, too. These days we got comittees, sending our heroes on murder missions. Even in Star Wars. I always disliked that about Sci-Fi. What is often hidden beneath it´s surface, when it comes to ideas and philosopies . . . " He said and his phone rang. Unnerved he allowed it to sing the Miami Vice tune an wondered why it had never been changed into anything cooler, nicer.

Tag: Kahn, others . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.