main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Role Playing Community's Second Annual Christmas / Winter Ball

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Kahn

Kahn watched Elora and Rachel talk when his right ear twiched. A small smile crept onto his face. Like a soldier orderd to about face Kahn pivoted and faced Max. He raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms. "Here we are in a public location, in a nice get together and you're acting like a covert assassin? You should be ashamed Max." Kahn extended his right hand to shake Max's.

Tag: Max, others

2. Mad_Max0290

Mad_Max0290 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2006
    IC: Max

A cross between a smrik and a grin crosses Max's face, as he shakes Kahn's hand. "Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, besides you are the only one to really notice me..so I may go stage a more dramatic entrance later.. but that is another topic all together. And I should be ashamed, hahaha you should be ashamed for trying to make me think that I should be ashamed." Max said then he looked around once more, careful not to let his guard down too much...

Tag: Everyone

3. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    IC Brutus

Antechamber

Brutus walks into the Plantation door along with SwordoftheJedi, his apperant date. "Are you ready for some fun Sword?" Brutus asked as he hung up his coat.

TAG: Sword (When she posts anyways.)

4. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Yuul

"Hey Yuul, how's it going, sorry I'm late, have I missed out on any of the fun?"

"Not at all, it's merely the socializing stage. Chanbill you remember Sinre son't you?" Yuul said gesturing to Sinre.

Tag: Chanbill, Sey, Sinre, LI, any

5. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Sey

"That sounds interesting LI! I admire people who can write because I don't believe I have the vision to be able to do so. Do you aspire to be a writer at some point? Or is this a hobby?"

Another duo walked into their group and Sey remembered them from a duel between Sinre, her, and the two of them for a little bit ago. "Hey Yuul and Chan! How are you guys?"

Sey stood sipping her punch and wishing she'd worn more comfortable shoes. They were cute and matched her dress, but standing there in heels on the hardwood floor while not dancing was slightly painful.

Tag: Sinre, LI, Yuul, Chan

6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    IC - Saintheart, as played by Saintheart

Approach to Mistletoe Plantation
    and
    Antechamber

Artura, the Clydesdale, was thoroughly unimpressed, and wasn't shy about letting his rider know it. And Saintheart couldn't really blame him; they'd ridden for a good two or three hours from the dimensional rift to get here, and the weather was decidedly inclement. On the other hand, horse and rider were well-equipped to handle it: deep fur-lined cloaks, furred leg-warmers from taken from Mongol horsemen, filled saddlebags, and leather armour protected them from the wind and the cold. And if some fool of a wolf should decide to peep out from his hole tonight -- well, Saintheart's zweihander blade Winterfall on his right hip would deal with that.

It had been months he'd been gone.

So it was a great relief when the bright lights of Mistletoe Plantation finally came into sight. Saintheart didn't have a mirror to check, but he strongly suspected an icicle or two was forming on his beard, even protected from the cold by the deep hood of his cloak. Saintheart gently pressed his stirrups into Artura's flanks again, and the horse responded as they trotted up the last hundred yards or so to the entrance lights of the Plantation. Saintheart's eyes had spotted a closed carport off to the side.

Vaulting from the saddle with a single, fluid movement, he untied the saddlebags as he affectionately rubbed Artura's neck. He murmured in the horse's ear, nodding towards the carport. Not a stable, perhaps; but horse and rider had seen much ruder accommodation over the last few months. The Clydesdale regarded him with an evil eye for a moment, then trotted off of its own accord in the direction of the shelter.

Saintheart turned with a contented sigh to the doorway, adjusting the full saddlebags over his right shoulder as the butler, eyebrows raised, came out to greet him.
    "And you, sir, would be my lord Saintheart?" said the butler. In a very snooty voice.
    "Yes." Saint's voice was rough, marred by the cold and distance. "I trust I'm not late?"
    "No, sir. I believe you might well be the last to arrive," replied the butler, taking in the leather armour, the fur-lined cloak, and in particular the mud-spattered heavy boots in with a raised disapproving eyebrow.
    "Then let's get inside and get the door closed," said Saintheart, moving past the butler and through the open doorway into the antechamber.

He was conscious of how loud his bootheels thudded on the polished wood floorboards. He could feel the eyes of the others on him -- some perhaps might not recognise him after all this time. Especially having gone through what he had. Saintheart's eyes flickered around the room, to the people here and the possessions left in the wake of their arrival. Many familiar faces. Sinrebirth, DarthXan318, Ktala, Imperial_Hammer, Yuul_Shamar, PulsarSkate, Kartanym ... they'd all come.

How would they react to know where he'd been, and where he'd gone, he wondered.
    Enough of that, murmured the voice within him. Best defence is a good offense.

Saintheart swung the saddlebags down off his shoulder, putting them on a cringingly well-polished table, and opened them up, revealing their contents: some of the finest wines from Paris; a scotch from Inverness; champagne from the Toulouse region in France; throat-burning vodka from the steppes of Sarkel in the lands of the Rus'. He stepped back from the saddlebags, looked around the room, and let the first smile he'd had for months crack his icy beard. He took a deep breath and summoned the voice of the commander from the field of Diego's Farm, shouting the words: "MERRY CHRISTMAS, ONE AND ALL!"

TAG: Everyone here!

7. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006

"Ah, but there is very little things i've done that i am Ashamed of Max. Now you on the other hand, lurking around seems to be you're favorite passtime so i'm not so sure about you." Kahn lifted one of the pre prepared hot cocoa's from the table and took a sip, it warmed him and he released a small sigh. "Anyway, you here alone?"

Tag: Max others

8. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Imperial_Hammer
    Location: Dining Room then Wilderness Hall, Mistletoe Plantation

And then, the floodgates opened and the Plantation was full of people! There were various yellings and discussions and laughing and conversations and the like! The Plantation was electrified with life, and the events started to get underway.

Hammer continued to chit-chat with the group, especially Nemisis, who he had not seen in quite sometime!

"It is very fine to see you Nemmy! High time you get involved again. You were such a good player back in the day!"

Hammer preceded then to mingle amongst the guests. He quietly made his way to the Wilderness Hall, where the band had set up and were ready. He went up to the group, smiling and shaking their hands.

"Something slow please." he said. The band leader obliged with a guitar-heavy version of "Silent Night." The acoustics led, with the fiddles and tambourines chiming in the background.

Hammer stood in front of them, smiling and enjoying the song.

TAG: Whoever wants it

[color=green][b][u]Mistletoe Plantation Events[/u][/b][/color]

[u]Dining Room[/u]
    * A waiter brings out a plate of multiple puddings, flavored and spiced to maximum effect

[u]Parlor[/u]
    * An attendant arrives and sets down a bowl of sugared fruits

[u]Wilderness Hall[/u]
    * The band begins playing and an attendant comes to light a candelabra mounted on the wall

[u]Hall / Antechamber[/u]
    * Butlers and coat-men were on hand to assist entering guests and point them to the events in the Plantation

[b]TAG: All[/b]

9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    IC - Saintheart as himself!

Antechamber, Wilderness Hall and Dining Room

A rather weedy-looking butler strode over to Saintheart as the echoes of his Christmas greeting bounced off the walls. Like the butler at the door, he also gave this hulking man a disapproving look, before recharging a thin smile. "May I take your ... cloak, sir?"
    "No, I don't think so," said Saintheart with a thin smile. His humour was warming up, and mostly due to the music he could hear in down the hallway.
    "Sir?"
    "I'll hold onto it for the moment. I'm a little cold." Saintheart plucked a few of the Venetian glass bottles from the open saddlebags into his hands, feeling some ice in his beard crackle as he smiled at the butler. "See that everyone gets a sample of what I've brought in the bags, would you?"

Without waiting for the butler's reply, he turned and moved down the hallway, his feet creaking on the floorboards as he moved. Gingerbread: that was the smell he remembered. As he headed down the hall, tracing the source of the music, he caught a flash of wine-coloured cloth -- was that Ktala in that dress? He'd definitely be talking to her shortly.

But it was, of course, important to greet one's host first.

Saintheart followed the music to the one door on the right and entered into the surprisingly sumptuous Wilderness Hall. Something of the night's chill drained away from him as he gazed on a Christmas tree bright with twinkling lights, and his heart lifted as the old hymn drifted from the rear of the hall: Silent Night, no less. Arranged for guitar.

Now where ... ah. There he was.

Making no secret of his approach, feet moving across the rich carpet, Saintheart grinned as he clapped Imperial_Hammer on his shoulder with a leather-gloved hand, bringing the man out of the reverie he seemed to be in listening to the music. At the same time he produced a small, palm-sized bottle of ornate Venetian glass, moving it slightly in his hands so Hammer could see the rich, dark (and alcoholic) liquid swirling around inside it.
    "St. Dominic's finest whiskey, from Inverness," said Saintheart with a wide smile. "I brought back enough bottles for everyone here, including you, you old weasel. So is this little soireé what you've been working on for the past three months, Hammer? Or is there really some truth to that old 'college commitments' line you keep rolling out?"

Saintheart grinned wider, feeling the last of the ice in his beard crack as it broke.

TAG: Imperial_Hammer, anyone else in the Hall...

10. Star_Rocker

Star_Rocker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    IC: Star Rocker - As himself a.k.a Azza

"Not again!" Azza muttered to himself, his electric car humming to a halt yet his destination not reached.

He looked up, ahead he could see a light, possibly Mistletoe Plantation though he couldn't be sure. He knew he should have charged the batteries the night before but no, not this time, instead he would have to walk at least another kilometre in the cold towards the only other sign of life. Perhaps he would remember next year, and at least this time he didn't foolishly bring his own guitar, which he did not use the last event. Still he had yet to move from his car, the term procrastination rumbling through his mind. However his car could only stay warm for a short length of time and was soon forced to fish through the appropriately named glove box for some , (wait for it) - gloves, tight assassin like leather gloves that he had managed to pick up from a second hand store, but gloves none the less.

Stepping out of the car his Chuck Taylor like shoes crunched onto the ground, while his long but still about a foot of the ground black coat hung over the edge of the car. He pulled him self up onto his feet, and finally retrieved his dull white grandpa cap. He put it on and started the, cold and for him moderately long journey to the light he had previously seen. The cold breached his coat, skin and finally reached his bones, chilling him quickly, forcing him to pick up the pace. As he got closer to the large house, a small smile began to appear on his face, as it was indeed Mistletoe Plantation, the place that he very much wanted to get to. He was quite happy with himself.

As he stepped inside the Antechamber, he took off his long coat to reveal black, with white striped straight pants, with a red shirt covered by a brilliant white vest. He made small greetings to those still in the Antechamber, then headed off to the hallway, following the sound of the heavier yet still distinctly silent night music. Following the sound he made his way to the Wilderness Hall where he witnessed the band from which the music did come from as well as various members of the Role-Playing Community. He smiled and openly greeted everyone in the room.

"Happy Holidays." He said with a chuckle.

TAG: Anyone :D

11. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: DarthXan318

The Dining Room

Xan was just savouring her chocolate-covered strawberry when she heard a loud crash from the other room. Startled, she turned and squinted through the doorway. It sounded like someone had just tried to break the door or something -

The next thing she heard was a very familiar voice bellowing for a toilet. Very, very familiar.

Well, that explained a lot.

The young woman shut her eyes with a sigh. Her brother, apparently, had cooked up another of his completely insane schemes to make a grand entrance. From the sounds of it, his latest 'incarnation' was Old English with a healthy dose of crazy.

Although ... despite herself, Xan's lips were twitching into a grin. He might be crazy, but it was an entertaining kind of crazy - even though he'd probably get himself arrested by security or something. Oh, well. Shrugging to herself, Xan dipped another strawberry in chocolate.

TAG: etc

12. Mad_Max0290

Dec 7, 2006

"Yes I am here by myself. Not much surprise there not right now. But anyways it gives me a chance to just lurk in the dark corners as it is..." Max said then he turned and picked up a wine glass from a passing waiter. He took a sip from it, then looked around. "Oh boy..here comes the christmas music....so what say you, we...liven things up a bit?" Max asked with a devious grin on his face.

Tag: Kahn and everyone

13. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Meanwhile, at the Goth Bar...

...LDU has had enough of the Captain to where he has now torn his robe off and is now jumping up and down on the turntable MobyStyle while DJing Wham!'s 'Last Christmas, The LDU LSD Shadow Mix' 13 times.

Flangers and Phasers are in play while Daft Punk rocks' it out with C-3PO and R2-D2. LEDs are a twinkle in Red, Gold, and Green! Red, Gold, and Green!

14. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    IC: Swordofthejedi playing as herself Joss

Joss walked in, grinning lightly. Even a Winter Ball couldn't force her into a dress. As it was, she had come dressed in a Crimson trenchcoat, black tunic, and black pants. She brushed her brass colored hair out of her eyes. She absolutely hated Balls. She looked around quickly but seeing no one she quite knew she walked into the dining room. Food was always good.

Tag: Anyone

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sinre

While LI and Sey discussed the possible survival of the Imperial Knights, Sinre stood and went off to refill his punch, but saw Max with Kahn, and arched an eyebrow. Max was smiling.

Rather than look for Hammer and warn him, he trundled over to see them, as Christmas music filled the room. It wasn't loud enough to overwhelm anyone's voice, and Sinre liked to hear his music at that level at social events.

"Kahn. Max."

He nodded in greeting to each, sipping. "And what is Max grinning about, my friends?"

TAG: Max, Kahn, anyone else

16. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer stood listening to Silent Night. He never did like the song. Too simple and boring. Nice lyrics though, very Christian and all that, but musically it was very unimpressive. He stayed though, admiring the skill of the musicians. Hammer never could play an instrument, and he held a special place in his heart for those who could. It was a good skill to know.

I_H noticed a pressure on his shoulder, and soon Saintheart swept into his view. Hammer scratched his neck and smiled at the man. Dressed seemingly like a warrior, the man produced a flask of what he said was whiskey and asked about what Hammer had been up to for these last few months.

Magnanimous always; Hammer approved.

Hammer smiled as he took the bottle from Saintheart's hand.

"Excellent!" he said swirling the brown liquid around, "I'm a big whiskey fan. Favorite hard liquor of the bunch."

He slid the bottle into his pocket. He would definitely have to try a shot of it as the night progressed.

"As to your question Mr. Saintheart." he said smiling even bigger. "No."

He laughed...

"This is just a warm up. Wasn't even planning on it until NP asked if I would. I ran a very similar event last year at Kringle Castle. I guess its now become a holiday tradition to host."

Hammer turned from the man to look at the nearest fiddle player, and then looked back at Saintheart, still smiling. He caught some guests drifting into the hall out of the corner of his eye, but did not acknowledge them yet.

"No, the real fun begins in a few weeks. Thats when I roll out the big guns. I do hope you'll be around for it. You'd be a golden player to have onboard. Real Ktala-Class Caliber."

He paused to allow for Saintheart to reply...

TAG: Saintheart

17. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    IC: The_Loyal_Imperial

Replying to Sey, he said, "Perhaps a bit of both, but for now it shall simply remain an enjoyable diversion."

Turning around, he faced the newcomer and began to introduce himself. "Greetings, good sir, I am called The_Loyal_Imperial, it is a pleasure to meet you."

TAG: Sinre, Sey, Yuul_Shamar

18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Sith-I-5

Esconsed in a shower, waiting for the water to heat up, Sithy heard 'Last Christmas' coming through the tiled walls.
    Not bad, but he was in the mood for something more him.

Drying his fingers on a nearby towel, he dug into his survival pack for his newest best friend of four months, a matt black laptop running Windows XP. It was second hand and he'd spent seven months looking for something that wasn't running the new OS, but it had been worth it.

Powered up, he called up the music files, and selected what he liked to call the 'Blade Disco Track' from the first few moments of that wonderful vampire movie. That would give him ten minutes of aural heaven without having to do anything else.

The music started, and Sithy jumped in the shower.

Tag: no-one

19. Mad_Max0290

Dec 7, 2006

"ahh Sinre, how are you? I am just up to my usual no good. Planning some mostly harmless pranks." Max said as he held out his hand to Sinre. "Besides, I doubt I am the only one here planning a little mischief, and we can't all be good now can we?" Max continued his grin turning devilish.

Tag; Sinre

20. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006

"I belive he plans to 'change' the mood by changing the music. We will see soon enough I guess." Kahn paused and and took another sip of his cocoa. "And how are things with you Sinre? are you Enjoying the festivites?"

Tag: All, Max, Sinre

21. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chanbill5390

"Of course I know him, one of the most memorable fight we had with his wasn't it." Chanbill5390 said. "Those were the days, when force user combat was more common, what I'd do for another fight like that again.

TAG: Yuul, Sinre(if he feels like visiting with us)

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    IC - Saintheart

Wilderness Hall

Saintheart grinned, tapping one gloved finger to the side of his nose. "Ah. And this wouldn't have anything to do with that cryptic little message you got to me through the dimensional rift a few days ago, would it?" He glanced around, though he did fear his command-loud voice had echoed across the Hall already. Oh, well; at least he hadn't said what the message was about. "To give you the short answer, yes, I'll be here. I've been over in the Medieval 2: Total War universe for a while, but the dimensional storms have slowed a little, so I'll be bouncing back and forth between here and there, not to mention keeping an eye on Jessica, my daughter. I should be able to keep up. Incidentally, if you wanted to see how my campaign there's been going, I've documented it: take a look at this address. It took a lot of writing."

Saintheart noticed Hammer glancing past him to the other guests as they arrived, and smiled. "Look, I know you'll be busy tonight, so I won't keep you. I want to catch up with Xan and Ktala at least. Enjoy the whiskey, will you? I had to send one of my spies all the way to Scotland to get it."

With a reassuring smile, Saintheart turned, his cloak billowing, and headed out of the Wilderness Hall, back up the corridor, giving polite nods to those people he didn't recognise, and made his way to the dining room, where he had a proper chance to look around the room and see none other than DarthXan318, darth_nemisis, and Ktala.

He bowed low as he entered the room, careful not to trip over Winterfall's scabbard as he did. "Merry Christmas, friends! I've been gone a while -- I do apologise. I hope something more substantial than the eggnog might in some way make up for my tardiness."

He pulled out a couple more of the bottles of St. Dominic's, as well as a small champagne bottle he'd begged off the monks in Toulouse, and put them on the table with a smile. He tried not to interrupt people's conversations if he possibly could.

TAG: DarthXan318, darth_nemisis, Ktala, anyone else around (Pulsar? Kart?)

23. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    IC: DarthCemeroX

Hall

Cemero walked into the hall as a buttler took his grey trench coat. It was warm in Mistle Toe plantation, many had already arrived. He looked around and saw many familiar faces. However he needed to find the restrooms, too much soy egg nog.

TAG: ANYBODY

24. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    IC - Kartanym ... As played by Daniel Craig

As his lovely partner caught up with an old friend, he quickly whispered in her ear "Excuse me a moment" leaving a kiss to her cheek, and headed down the hallway where the unforgettable voice of an old friend echoed down towards him. It had been nearly six months since they had last met, and much had changed since that day ... much, indeed.

"You know," he said as he came up next to Saintheart, "It's been far too long" he grinned.

tag: Elora, Saintheart

25. Jedi_Allegra

Jedi_Allegra Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 10, 2003
    IC: Elora ... as played by Eva Green. :p

As her conversation continued with Rachel, Elora felt a gentle hand upon her arm and sweet lips upon her cheek as Mark kissed her quickly, whispering in her ear, "Excuse me a moment." Elora craned her neck to the side to catch a glance and noticed a familiar face. Turning back to her sister her lips upturned into a small, polite smile.

"Excuse me."

Weaving her way through the guests she made her way gracefully back to her partner's side and smiled warmly at his old friend, catching the, "too long" part of their conversation. Once there was a pause in the mens' conversation, Elora nodded towards Saintheart and spoke, her lips upturned in a small smirk, "Why hello, Saintheart." Her voice carried an air as if she too was saying hello to an old friend, or someone she knew.

Tag: Rachel (?), Mark, Saintheart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.