main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The Role Playing Community's Second Annual Christmas / Winter Ball

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    OOC: Sorry sis! [face_blush]

IC: Rachel

"Of course, sis..." Rachel smiled, watching her sister follow her BF over to another party guest and begin to chat with them. I guess it must be important...oh well, it's just me. Just boring old sis. I know, I'll see what mischief Kahn bro is up to!

Sidling over to her brother and his friend, she said slyly, "And what are y'all up to?"

Tag: Kahn

2. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Kahn

"Oh nothing sis, we're just planing to liven up the party. Care to join us in the Festivities?" As he spoke he lightly hugged his sis. "Oh yes, Rachel this is Max. Max this is Rachel."

Tag: Rachel, Max, Sinre?

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala
    Dining Room - Mistletoe Plantation

Xan, Nemisis and Katla made thier way over to the table loaded with food. As Ktala spied another tasty lookig morsel, she heard Xan answer her pervious question.

"For sure," Xan replied as she clinked her own glass of eggnog against his. He took another drink of his as she took a sip of hers. "Not to mention I know barely any of the new crowd - it would have been quite awkward to walk in and have nobody to talk to." Nem laughed lightly. "Ooh, a chocolate fountain! Be right back." Xan ran towards the great big fountain that was spewing chocolate rather than water. Nemisis had not seen that before she said anything. Ktala laughed. "Leave it to her to find the fountain before me!" she said simling.

Nemisis turned to Ktala. "Perhaps we should join her," he said. "I could certainly go for some chocolate." She smiled. "Of course!"

As they walked towards the fountain they were stopped by several others, all wishing to give greetings to Nemisis for hosting another lovely party. Ktala smiled and nodded, then gestured abit, showing that she was continuing towards the fountain, as I_H continued to greet his guests. As she she came close to the fountain, a loud crash at the door made her turn and look. She recognized the being, someone she had just met. She graoned. She then spotted antoher, who presence long overdue, spoke up.

Saintheart bowed low as he entered the room, careful not to trip over Winterfall's scabbard as he did. "Merry Christmas, friends! I've been gone a while -- I do apologise. I hope something more substantial than the eggnog might in some way make up for my tardiness."

He pulled out a couple more of the bottles of St. Dominic's, as well as a small champagne bottle he'd begged off the monks in Toulouse, and put them on the table with a smile. He tried not to interrupt people's conversations if he possibly could.

Ktala smiled, as she moved to give a small hug to Saintheart. She grinned as she spoke. "Ohh..that sounds like a wonderful start indeed. Glad to see that you made it." she said with a chuckle. She looked over her shoulder. "I was just about to grab some chocolate. Come say Hi to Xan." she said, as she moved to the table.

TAG: DarthXan318, darth_nemisis, Saintheart, anyone else around (Pulsar? Kart?)

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: DarthXan318

The Dining Room

As if on cue, another being made his presence felt. Xan looked up, slightly relieved to be distracted from wondering if she'd have to bail her brother out of trouble later, to see Saintheart materialize in the dining room, bearing bottles of alcohol and a smile. "Merry Christmas, friends!" he said, joining Ktala and Nem as they approached the chocolate fountain. "I've been gone a while -- I do apologise. I hope something more substantial than the eggnog might in some way make up for my tardiness."

Xan grinned and stepped towards the three of them. "Merry Christmas, Saintheart!" she greeted happily. "Good to see you here!" Her grin took a slightly wicked tinge as she tilted the bottle of champagne to read its label. "Bringing the good stuff too, I see."

TAG: Saintheart, Ktala, darth_nemisis, anyone else around

5. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    IC: Brutus

Brutus hangs up his coat and walks towards the dining room. He then notices Joss is heading there too. "Hey Joss, what bring you here to this little shindig?"

TAG: Joss

6. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    IC: Joss

Joss turned around at the sound of Brutus's voice. She walked towards him relieved that she finally recognized someone.

"Some friends of mine told me to come. They never showed up though."

She grimaced slightly. How like them to bail on her.

"Why are you here? Didn't think you came to these kind of things.

As she talked, she shoved her hands in the pockets of her trenchcoat and stared idly up at the ceiling.

Tag:Brutus

7. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    IC: Rachel

"I'd be happy to," Rachel replied as she hugged her bro back. It was hard not to grin and laugh, because she was quite sure whatever they were planning, it would be hilarious and well worth the effort.

Turning to say hello, she smiled as she extended her hand to shake Max's, saying "Hi, it's nice to meet you...we're in the Forgotten Orders group together, I believe."

Tag: Kahn, Max

8. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: darth_nemisis
    ~Dining Room - Mistletoe Plantation~

"It is very fine to see you Nemmy!" he heard Imperial_Hammer say off in the distance. He felt bad because the three of them had practically left him behind. "High time you get involved again. You were such a good player back in the day!" He smiled at the wonderful compliment he had just received from one of the most respectable members of this community.

"Thank you, my friend," he yelled over the crowd. "We will have to catch up some time later!" He rose his cup to IH, nodded, and turned back to Ktala. As he did so, another familiar face approached.

"Merry Christmas, friends." The voice of Saintheart was heard from behind. "I've been gone a while -- I do apologize. I hope something more substantial than the eggnog might in some way make up for my tardiness." Nemisis smiled, happy to see Saintheart. The smile grew even more wide as he pulled out a couple of bottles of which he did not recognize.

Ktala was first to respond. "Ohh..that sounds like a wonderful start indeed. Glad to see that you made it," she said laughing a little. "I was just about to grab some chocolate. Come say Hi to Xan."

"Saintheart," Nemisis said. "It is very nice to see you again." He had only spoken to Saintheart on a couple of occasions. He had grown fond of the mans style and had developed a sense of respect for him during a game he had joined that was ran by Saintheart. Xan was next to speak, wishing the man a merry Christmas. While Nemisis had a free moment, he reached out and grabbed a pudding that looked extraordinarily good, a slightly tanned colored pudding that he assumed to be butterscotch. He waited for Saintheart to open the bottles so he could have a taste of the beverages that Ktala and Xan seemed to like so well.

TAG: Saintheart, Ktala, DarthXan318, Imperial_Hammer

9. Mad_Max0290

Mad_Max0290 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2006
    IC: Max

Max bowed slightly and kissed Rachel's hand, as an old southern gentleman would. "Yes, I do believe we are in the Forgotten Orders together, and I've seen you in the Senate as well." Max said as he straightened back up and attempted to carry on the conversations.

Tag: Thrawn, any one else

10. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    IC: Brutus

I didn't think you liked these things

"I was in town, so I thought I could have a little fun." Brutus started to walk towards the dining room again. "Who were you coming with anyways Joss?"

TAG: Joss

11. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    IC: Whitelight

Taking off her gloves and coats. Under her coat was a long flowing black dress, with her long flowing red hair coving up her back which was opening, walking in the rooms hugging everyone "Bring christmas cheer to everyone."

Tag: Kahn, Kev, Anyone else

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sinre

Shaking Max's hand in greeting, Sinre nodded to Kahn. "The season finds me well, though if it was a trifle bit less complex I would be more pleased. Yourself?"

Before he could respond, Rachel wandered over, and Sinre bowed his head in greeting. He had known Rachel for quite some time, years and years, and counted her as a reliable friend indeed. Watching the kiss on her hand from Max, he allowed himself a smile.

"Very gentlemanly, Max, indeed."

Seeing Whitelight throw up her hands, he raised his glass of punch to Whitelight, though she would most likely have her view obscured by Nem and his friends. "And Christmas cheer to you, Whitelight."

TAG: Whitelight, Max, Rachel, Kahn

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala
    Dining Room - Mistletoe Plantation

Ktala decided that this party was getting off on a grand start. Already, Nimisis, Xan, and Saintheart, friends she had not heard from in some time had made themselves known. And there was chocolate here to boot!. Now I_H came back over to join them all, just as Saintheart was speaking.

"Merry Christmas, friends." Saintheart replied "I've been gone a while -- I do apologize. I hope something more substantial than the eggnog might in some way make up for my tardiness." Nemisis smiled as Ktala wrapped her arm around him, giving him a hug. "Ohh..that sounds like a wonderful start indeed. Glad to see that you made it," she said laughing a little. "I was just about to grab some chocolate. Come say Hi to Xan."

Xan grinned and stepped towards the three of them. "Merry Christmas, Saintheart!" she greeted happily. "Good to see you here!" Her grin took a slightly wicked tinge as she tilted the bottle of champagne to read its label. "Bringing the good stuff too, I see."

"Saintheart," Nemisis said. "It is very nice to see you again." Ktala quickly dipped herself a cup full of the rich chocolate, and plucked a few fresh fruits to dip into the rich dissert. She then turned her attentions to the bottle Saintheart had brought with him.

"Oooh...Champagne and Chocolate. A wonderful combination..." Ktala purred softly, as she looked for a servant to help open the wonderful bottle of bubbly.

"Soooo..." she asked, twirling her dres slightly. "Where are they playing the music? I feel a serious need to party!" she stated, as she gently munched on a chocolate covered strawberry. She wondered if GreyJedi and LSA would show up shortly.

TAG:DarthXan318, darth_nemisis, Saintheart, anyone else around

14. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

The Dining Room

"Oooh...Champagne and Chocolate. A wonderful combination..." Ktala purred softly as she looked for a servant to help open the champagne bottle. Nem only regarded the bottles with faint curiosity before turning to appropriate a bit of pudding. Xan grinned to herself; if he'd never tried that stuff, this could be entertaining - especially if they could convince him to down a shot of whiskey. Probably not, he wasn't stupid, but it would be worth a try. For her part, Xan waved a hand in the general direction of the waiter currently setting down a platter of puddings, hoping to get his attention.

"Where are they playing the music?" Ktala asked, gently munching on a chocolate covered strawberry as well. "I feel a serious need to party!"

"The other room, I think," Xan said, gesturing vaguely towards the door. "I think there's a band." Faint music was issuing from the room on the other side of the hallway, vaguely recognisable as Silent Night. Not quite party music, but admittedly more appropriate to a Christmas ball than flashing lights and loud techno music.

TAG: Saintheart, Ktala, darth_nemisis, anyone else around

15. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Kahn

"Its no more complexe or bothersome than any other time of the year for me." Kahn responded to Sinre. Then he watched as Max kissed Rachels hand and raised an eyebrow. "I'd better warn you Max. I'm very protective over my sisters."

Tag: Max, Rachel, Sinre, others

16. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    IC as Myself playing...Myself

Jessica let Suz go greet everyone else and couldn't help but grin. This was turning into a more friendly party than she'd imagined. But something was missing...

"Ah-ha!" she cried, catching a flash of dark green glass in the light of the candelabra. Making a beeline for a fairly solid group of people, she grabbed a clean glass from a passing waiter and insinuated herself closest to the wine.

"Saintheart, my man, you're a connoisseur after my own heart." she sighed, leaning close to him so he could hear over the other conversations. She winked. "I hear this stuff is very nice...cheers."

With a raised glass, full of delicious vino, she silently toasted the party.

Tag: Saintheart, the people surrounding said Saintheart :p

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala
    The Dining Room - Mistletoe Plantation

"Oooh...Champagne and Chocolate. A wonderful combination..." Ktala purred softly as she looked for a servant to help open the champagne bottle. Nem only regarded the bottles with faint curiosity before turning to appropriate a bit of pudding. Xan grinned. Soon, Ktala found someone to assist in opening the bottles of bubbly entertainment. Now she was content.

Xan waved a hand in the general direction of the waiter currently setting down a platter of puddings, hoping to get his attention. "Where are they playing the music?" Ktala asked, gently munching on a chocolate covered strawberry as well. "I feel a serious need to party!"

"The other room, I think," Xan said, gesturing vaguely towards the door. "I think there's a band." Faint music was issuing from the room on the other side of the hallway, vaguely recognisable as Silent Night. Ktala grinned as she finished off her strawberry, and interjected with another sip of champaigne. "Well, it might not be club proper, I do so love a good waltz, when I get the chance. But I think I'll nibble on a few more tasty treates before I go peek inside." Ktala gave a wink.

Soon, another person quickly approached the group. Ktala had met the person in passing a few times, but not really given much into speaking. She really needed to correct that.

"Saintheart, my man, you're a connoisseur after my own heart." Pulsarskate sighed, leaning close to him so he could hear over the other conversations. She winked. "I hear this stuff is very nice...cheers."

With a raised glass, full of delicious vino, she silently toasted the party. Ktala smiled, as she also raised her glance towards PulsarSkate. She then nodded, reaching for tasty looking slice of mango, to dip into the chocolate.

"Glad to see you made it here. I do so need to catch up with so many people who's name I know, but I really dont KNOW them...if you know what I mean..." Ktala gave a chuckle, as she shook her head. "Or something like that." Ktala quickly went back into sipping her champaigne.

TAG:DarthXan318, darth_nemisis, Saintheart, PulsarSkate anyone else around

18. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002

The Dining Room

It wasn't long before the open bottles of whiskey and champagne attracted others to the fold. PulsarSkate appeared as if drawn like a moth to a flame - or bottles, in this case. "Saintheart, my man, you're a connoisseur after my own heart," she sighed, leaning close to him so he could hear over the other conversations. She winked. "I hear this stuff is very nice...cheers."

"Cheers," Xan echoed with a smile, lifting her own glass in a toast and taking a sip. She had exchanged her now-empty glass of eggnog for a champagne flute - however good the two were separately, they generally did not mix. A pity she'd have to pass on the whiskey; when she drank some it tended to produce a very irritating, though not life-threatening, allergic reaction.

"Glad to see you made it here," Ktala said. "I do so need to catch up with so many people who's name I know, but I really don't KNOW them... if you know what I mean... Or something like that," she added with a chuckle and a shake of her head.

"Indeed," Xan said. Although, she thought wryly, most of the people that fell into her know-by-name-but-otherwise-not-at-all category all seemed to know each other, which was ... not helpful. More pressing, though: "Where did you rustle up this stuff, Saintheart? It's excellent."

TAG: Ktala, PulsarSkate, darth_nemisis, Saintheart, anyone else around

19. Anabel_Skywalker

Anabel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    IC: Anabel_Skywalker

Stripping off her white coat and hanging it up on a peg by the door, a small but slender blonde enters, icy blue eyes alighting at the sight of the alcohol and merry-making before her.

"I think I've come to the right place... Hello there! May I?"

Taking a bottle of her own, she opens the cap like an expert, spraying the foam in several people's faces while chuckling helplessly.

Ani may have come by herself, but by George, she is going to have a good time! :p

TAG: Everyone

20. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: darth_nemisis
    ~The Dining Room - Mistletoe Plantation~

Nemisis smelled the contents of his new glass of wine, savoring it's delicious scent. He took a sip as Ktala spoke; "Soooo...Where are they playing the music?" she asked. "I feel a serious need to party!" she added a bit enthusiastically.

"The other room, I think," Xan said, gesturing towards one of the doors. "I think there's a band." Nemisis could slightly hear the music, which he decided was "Silent Night", a song that wasn't quite appropriate for the type of dance that he thought Ktala had meant. But, she had said something about a waltz, a type of dance Nemisis was not quite familiar with. Though, he was always up for learning something new.

"I could go for a dance as well," Nemisis said. But he was nearly interrupted by a voice that he barely recognized. He turned, and instantly recognized the face. It was Pulsarskate, one of the lovely keepers of the peace around these parts. She mainly addressed Saintheart, but rose her glass for a cheers to everyone. Nemisis smiled and rose his glass, then drank his beverage.

"So, are we going to head into the band room?" He smiled, and stepped forward as if to lead the way, but did not fully leave in case they not want to go.

TAG: Ktala, DarthXan318, Saintheart, Pulsarskate

21. SwordoftheJedi

Jan 7, 2005

"Who were you coming with anyways Joss?"

Joss made a disgruntled face. "Nick [Chuckles38], he said he'd meet me here but never showed up." She followed him into the dining room, spotting Anabel. "ANABEL! OIYA!" She turned back to Brutus and grinned. "So...you don't have a date?"

Tag: Brutus, Anabel

22. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Nick

Nick entered the building, upset that he had been late. First his tux rental hadn't worked out, then he couldn't find anything to wear. His car didn't start, so he ran the whole way... he was just glad he was finally here. He looked around anxiously for his date. It took him several minutes to find her. He walked up briskly and came up behind her. He wasn't sure how he should come up and intrude on her conversation with Brutus, so he decided to clear his throat when standing behind her, and said, "Sorry I'm late. I tried to be on time. Honest."

TAG: Sword, Brutus I guess

23. SwordoftheJedi

Jan 7, 2005

"Sorry I'm late. I tried to be on time. Honest."

Joss whirled around at the sound of a familiar voice. She was about to hug him when she realized that she probably should be mad. Ignoring that voice, she hugged him anyways. "I believe you. I was worried you stood me up." She grinned at him then looked at Brutus. Talk about awkward.

Tag: Brutus, Nick, anyone

24. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Mistletoe Plantation Events

Dining Room
    * A maid brings out a roast pheasant for anyone looking for a more filling type of meal. Its flanked by cranberry sauce, dressing, an gravy for those looking to garnish.

Parlor
    * A butler puts out a carafe of eggnog, couched in an ice bucket to keep it cool.

Wilderness Hall
    * The band switches to playing "Jingle Bells," with acoustics leading, as two musicians set up their instruments in the back of the band.

Hall / Antechamber
    * A maid lights a candle arrangement on one of the tables

TAG: All

25. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Nick

"I believe you. I was worried you stood me up."

Nick returned the hug, glad beyond words that she was not upset with him.

"I wouldn't dream of standing you up." His gaze then switched to Brutus as well. "Oh... hi." Nick said. He realized it wasn't much of a salutation, but it was the best he could come up with given the current situation. For the first time, he cast a quick eye up and down Joss. "You look great," he said. "Perhaps a little untraditional for a ball, but great nonetheless."

TAG: Brutus, Sword

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.